Pages:
Author

Topic: Ultra Under-overclock image for A2 Innosilicon by Emdje - V5.0 - page 3. (Read 79746 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Sorry for such a "newb" question...had this thing for over a year, had to reflash (to version 4) and now I'm stuck . I've been at it all day and I'm sure it's something simple I've overlooked. All that time learning and setting up a dozen gpu miners and I'm crapping out w/the asic? lol
IP ADDRESS: 
 NETMASK:
 GATEWAY: 
 DNS: 
  NETWORK SETTING CONFIRM
GROUP 1 POOL 1 ADDR:
stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333
 POOL 1 ID:
1F93LJyiXgF5doKoZ7dJd5qCVGVCTRiZXd
 POOL 1 PWD:
x

GROUP 1 POOL 2 ADDR:
/
 POOL 2 ID:
/
 POOL 2 PWD:
/

GROUP 1 POOL 3 ADDR:
/
 POOL 3 ID:
/
 POOL 3 PWD:
/

GROUP 2 POOL 1 ADDR:
/
 POOL 1 ID:
/
 POOL 1 PWD:
x

GROUP 2 POOL 2 ADDR:
/
 POOL 2 ID:
/
 POOL 2 PWD:
/

GROUP 2 POOL 3 ADDR:
/
 POOL 3 ID:
/
 POOL 3 PWD:
/

GROUP 1 POOL SELECT: GROUP 2 POOL SELECT:
BOARD 1 SPEED:  BOARD 2 SPEED:  BOARD 3 SPEED: 
BOARD 4 SPEED:  BOARD 5 SPEED:  BOARD 6 SPEED: 
DEVICE INITIAL DIFF:  (AUTO UP TO 16384)
START TYPE: 
CGMINER START:     CGMINER STOP:      CGMINER SETTING CONFIRM
A2 TERMINATOR SPEED: 96.72Mhash/s

HASHMETER:REFRESH

Can you specify what is going wrong? Does it not start? Does it not hash? Have you checked the log files?

https://www.clevermining.com/users/1F93LJyiXgF5doKoZ7dJd5qCVGVCTRiZXd
Checking you starts I do see some hashing. Is that the same device? What device do you have? A2 mini, terminator?
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Sorry for such a "newb" question...had this thing for over a year, had to reflash (to version 4) and now I'm stuck . I've been at it all day and I'm sure it's something simple I've overlooked. All that time learning and setting up a dozen gpu miners and I'm crapping out w/the asic? lol
IP ADDRESS: 
 NETMASK:
 GATEWAY: 
 DNS: 
  NETWORK SETTING CONFIRM
GROUP 1 POOL 1 ADDR:
stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333
 POOL 1 ID:
1F93LJyiXgF5doKoZ7dJd5qCVGVCTRiZXd
 POOL 1 PWD:
x

GROUP 1 POOL 2 ADDR:
/
 POOL 2 ID:
/
 POOL 2 PWD:
/

GROUP 1 POOL 3 ADDR:
/
 POOL 3 ID:
/
 POOL 3 PWD:
/

GROUP 2 POOL 1 ADDR:
/
 POOL 1 ID:
/
 POOL 1 PWD:
x

GROUP 2 POOL 2 ADDR:
/
 POOL 2 ID:
/
 POOL 2 PWD:
/

GROUP 2 POOL 3 ADDR:
/
 POOL 3 ID:
/
 POOL 3 PWD:
/

GROUP 1 POOL SELECT: GROUP 2 POOL SELECT:
BOARD 1 SPEED:  BOARD 2 SPEED:  BOARD 3 SPEED: 
BOARD 4 SPEED:  BOARD 5 SPEED:  BOARD 6 SPEED: 
DEVICE INITIAL DIFF:  (AUTO UP TO 16384)
START TYPE: 
CGMINER START:     CGMINER STOP:      CGMINER SETTING CONFIRM
A2 TERMINATOR SPEED: 96.72Mhash/s

HASHMETER:REFRESH
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
been looking around for some info on why one of the blades in my 88Mh A2 stopped working and only blinks with 4 green LEDs now. Anyone know anything on this or where I can find troubleshooting info? Thanks

I have never been able to find troubleshout info. Maybe other people have?

But you are supposed to have 8 blinking green lights at the start of startup, one for each chip on the board. It sounds like one or more of the on of the 4 chip chains is broken, disabling one row of led's. (assuming the 4 led's that are blinking are in one row)

If that is the case it should be technically possible to manually complete the broken daisy chain, however I am not an electronics expert. Maybe mjgraham can be of assistance here.

In my broken board I tried to switch out the broken chip for a good one. But I never succeeded to make that board work again.

Like emdje said there is no info out there and as far as I can tell it does relate to the chips , while  mine were all 10 chips boards I would say you have a failed chip or some other problem. If the board doesnt show up any more you going to have to remove the top heatsink and start looping back the chips. I have found you can tell a bad chip normally they have a raised feel to the top. I have replaced and swapped some of them but normally with low results, since I was pulling from questionable boards to another I wasn't sure if they were bad already or what or there super sensitive to home reworking.

There are also points where you can loop bad the chain to test comms on them, really would help to have an oscilloscope and such for much further testing.
Activity: 108
Removing 1320 and up be is more logical.
been looking around for some info on why one of the blades in my 88Mh A2 stopped working and only blinks with 4 green LEDs now. Anyone know anything on this or where I can find troubleshooting info? Thanks

I have never been able to find troubleshout info. Maybe other people have?

But you are supposed to have 8 blinking green lights at the start of startup, one for each chip on the board. It sounds like one or more of the on of the 4 chip chains is broken, disabling one row of led's. (assuming the 4 led's that are blinking are in one row)

If that is the case it should be technically possible to manually complete the broken daisy chain, however I am not an electronics expert. Maybe mjgraham can be of assistance here.

In my broken board I tried to switch out the broken chip for a good one. But I never succeeded to make that board work again.
Activity: 247
Payment ecosystem for world shipping industry
Ssh into the PI and follow this tutorial: http://www.penguintutor.com/news/raspberrypi/linux-static

For Ssh follow this:  https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-6-using-ssh/ssh-under-windows

Then open the file explorer and navigate to the /var/www. Right click the cgminer.log and open with leafpad. Select and copy the text and post is here.

Any questions? Just ask  Smiley
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
Emdje  big thx!

im try you new v 5.0
but   v5.0  work only version 8 chip

not work 12 chip board

im serch version  12 chip board     and freq more 1200 mgZ

Thank you for trying and thank you for reporting.
Do you maybe have a log for the 12 chip board that you can post?
Possibly I can use that to assess what needs to change.

write, how to do it
Emdje  big thx!

im try you new v 5.0

not work 12 chip board

Thank you for trying and thank you for reporting.
Do you maybe have a log for the 12 chip board that you can post?
Possibly I can use that to assess what needs to change.
Emdje  big thx!

im try you new v 5.0

not work 12 chip board

I am in the middle of moving, but I will download the ISO (instead of using the one on my computer), burn it freshly and check if it works out of the box in the comming days. If there are issues I will try and adress them.

If you have another SD card you can always just plug in the v4, if that seems to work for you.

emdje, I too was never able to get v5 working. Reverted to v4. Tried two different SD cards. Didn't report since it appeared others were successful.

felix, I would recommend trying v4 to see if you can get that one working.

v4. for 8 chip

im need 12 chip...

im download and write to sd v4.0  
this version not correctly  for 12 chip board

my sd card work good !!!!
im try 3   pcs   sd card for write v5.0  
 with the version 4.0 I see raspberriey in the network and with the version 5.0 is not.
You understand what I wrote?

I have re-downloaded my version 5.0 from the website: https://mega.nz/#!rIdCwaYI!eh55V6G3eAWILmRJbXZA__gzSQcsBePByxpIqEr4cyU
Burned it to a new SD card, put it in the miner and turned it on.

It showed up when I logged into the modem:

It then took about 2 minutes before the miner started mining (the green lights on the hashing boards stop blinking and burn continuously)

Typing the IP in the browser takes me to the controller page:

Possibly the gateway is defaulted to 192.168.178.1 and the miner ip to 192.168.178.17, try that.
Interesting. I did run into a problem that can be explained by such an issue. Only a few boards were able to be reset. So, with soldering the jumper on the blades and combining the pins on the controller you are able to get the hardware based reset to work on the 110s? It'll be a few days before I can tear it apart again, but that's good to know.
well not with the cgminer, as soon as you run it with --hwreset it sets that pin and it leaves it low which leaves the boards disabled , so i was just toggling the gpio pin #9 to test, i think i have about isolated the issue and might be able to help for a software fix that makes everyone happy. done a lot of spi captures today with all the different software versions , found some interesting things.
Activity: 92
Interesting. I did run into a problem that can be explained by such an issue. Only a few boards were able to be reset. So, with soldering the jumper on the blades and combining the pins on the controller you are able to get the hardware based reset to work on the 110s? It'll be a few days before I can tear it apart again, but that's good to know.
Activity: 92
In regards to the ANX version, you can change the speeds manually by editing /var/www/index.php. I've been using it for quite some time now.

Something like this. It should be self explanatory.
Code:

Speed:

My experience of Emdje's V5.0 usage on a A2 110MH/s 6 board, 10 chips on a 10 chip green board:

It seems that V5.0 does not have DHCP enabled by default. I had to edit /etc/network/interface to connect to my network. From here I use nmap or another IP scanner on windows.
Code:
auto lo 
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Also, I have to perform a hard reset in order to make changes, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the hwreset issues.
It seems I need to solder the hwreset pin jumper as mjgraham has suggested. I don't get any usable hashrate for more than 2 seconds. I tried combinations of --stmcu 0 and --hwreset just for fun. Nothing seems to work.

In the meantime, I will have to move back to ANX's image.
already I tried ANX version soft
not avileble freq more 1200 mhz
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
v4. for 8 chip

im need 12 chip...

this version not correctly  for 12 chip board

im try 3   pcs   sd card for write v5.0 
 with the version 4.0 I see raspberriey in the network and with the version 5.0 is not.

Yes, I think emdje understands. Please give him a few days to check on v5. Until then you can try this one:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/custom-innosilicon-a2-terminator-image-anx-edition-1141802
I am in the middle of moving, but I will download the ISO (instead of using the one on my computer), burn it freshly and check if it works out of the box in the comming days. If there are issues I will try and adress them.

If you have another SD card you can always just plug in the v4, if that seems to work for you.

emdje, I too was never able to get v5 working. Reverted to v4. Tried two different SD cards. Didn't report since it appeared others were successful.

v4. for 8 chip

im need 12 chip...

this version not correctly  for 12 chip board

im try 3   pcs   sd card for write v5.0 

Thank you for pointing that out. No I most certainly will have another look at it in the next comming days.
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: