Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 69. (Read 381003 times)

Activity: 837
Merit: 505
Installed new wallet and it is not synchronized. Someone tell me a working node?

please read post above

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16577937

Cпacибo зa пoмoщь.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Any addnode help, please? i have 1 peer but cant sync. stuck at block# 1810221

EDIT: Ok took some time but now synced to 1811161, but still only 1-2 peers.

Hey, try these:

addnode=74.118.192.18:44100
addnode=41.50.96.101:44100
addnode=71.113.173.55:44100
addnode=78.90.154.233:2445
addnode=92.37.52.165:64206
addnode=2.122.0.94:44100
addnode=216.19.181.63:45499
addnode=85.23.68.122:54907
addnode=197.245.94.219:63347
addnode=217.21.17.8:44100

These are all 1.0.0 nodes.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Any addnode help, please? i have 1 peer but cant sync. stuck at block# 1810221

EDIT: Ok took some time but now synced to 1811161, but still only 1-2 peers.
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
the prize pot for the contest is staking quite well
legendary
NETWORK FIXED and fully operational again.

Thanks especially to Alenevaa for most of this - but also bathrobehero for applying hash for busting the backload of transactions, testing and analysis.

Please use at will - noting the advice below.

Please note that if we have some VERY long blocks - maybe over 8hrs or so and there are a lot of transactions sent during time between blocks - the wallets may get a bit laggy until we get past the fork.  The fixes applied so far cannot fully overcome the diff retargeting issues of the old wallet - until we get past the fork - and the new wallet takes over fully with proper retargeting and other improvements.  If you have issues with wallets for now just restart again later after we have cracked a few stubborn blocks.

Although most of us are running the new wallet now - the key improvements don't come into play until after the fork block has passed.

we now head towards the fork and full sunshine

Cheers - usukan
legendary
The pool (http://utc14.yacoin.club/) is up and running again (though we are just testing things out - payouts are disabled for now).

Alenevaa has done a great job here.

The pool is upgraded to the new wallet and compiled with all possible optimisations.  Memory has been increased.

I am currently mining there for testing.  Getting shares no probs but no new blocks yet which is not surprising since my hash is small time CPU miners.

PressTab still seems to have issues with his node - it was up earlier but went down a few minutes after I went on the block explorer.  No doubt he will get this sorted relatively soon.

I will be testing wallets and other network operations over the next few days.

I will update with progress and network status.

Cheers - usukan

legendary
Contest: December 12, 12:00 UTC   Grin

Thanks Valpe - noted

Cheers usukan
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
Contest: December 12, 12:00 UTC   Grin
legendary
Contest: December 31, 12:00 UTC  Roll Eyes

Thanks Uggle - noted

Cheers usukan
Activity: 228
Contest: December 31, 12:00 UTC  Roll Eyes
legendary
Installed new wallet and it is not synchronized. Someone tell me a working node?

please read post above

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16577937
Activity: 837
Merit: 505
legendary
Ultracoin has a network error at present.

We currently do not know the exact cause but both old and new wallets are affected. The wallets can sometimes connect - but they are not "talking" and not transferring/sharing data.

Mining, syncing wallets or attempting transactions is not recommended (futile) until we fix the network issue.

The issue arose a couple of days ago when the mining diff went up. Time between blocks became very long and lots of transactions bloated the blocks. Bathrobehero came in and cracked the diff and got mining working again. Unfortunately the issue arose again - with some correlation to a flood of 1,000's of small transactions.  Both the pool and PressTabs node were overwhelmed by the transaction processing load - and went down.  Alenevaa applied a temporary fix but that also eventually did not hold up with the load and another flood of transactions.  PressTab has restarted his node several times remotely but it just keeps crashing.

Alenevaa will be working on the pool Mon-Wed next week to hopefully arrange a fix to get us to the fork.  Please note that after the fork when we run with the new diff retargeting the problem will likely disappear.

PressTab is travelling at present but is also aware of the issue. As soon as he is back he will try and get a fix for the his seed node - which is key to the new wallets finding reliable peers.

I have been working on coordinating tests and fixes while travelling - its unfortunate that I am not tech in this area - so we must wait for the tech guys to get on deck next week.

So for now you should do nothing - shut down your wallets and miners.  We will let you know when the network is up again.

I think the main strategy will be to apply fixes until the fork - and after that the new wallet will take over and things should be back to BETTER than normal.
(I can't help but think that this is shades of Ethereum at present!)

Don't worry - your coins are safe.

Apologies for the inconveniences - its a cruel joke that we were hit with this issue just before the fork.

I can tell you that I am not happy.

Cheers - usukan
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Hello,

Can someone tell my if I am doing something wrong, I installed the new wallet , and am syncing it. But in the last 12 hours I have only managed Sync 5% of the blocks.

I have 19 active connections but it is still going so slow.

thx
There must be something wrong at the moment.. loading very slow.

Could someone check it?

Valpe

Volume is more than 4.2 btc, so UTC should stay.  Smiley

Valpe

Can you confirm UTC will not be delisted from bittrex?
I gave up on  http://utc14.yacoin.club/  pool...it would take me 2 more hours to set workers.
The ping time must be 600,000ms  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

Valpe

I gave up on  http://utc14.yacoin.club/  pool...it would take me 2 more hours to set workers.
The ping time must be 600,000ms  Undecided

Valpe

legendary

Nothing in life is certain - I cannot "confirm" - but its highly unlikely since our vol is up and they have been informed of our current upgrade plans and seem onboard.

This has happened many times before - and we have not been delisted.  Although - they have raised thresholds now and seem keen to weed a few minor coins out.

Ultracoin is far from bottom of their board at present.

Cheers - usukan.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
legendary
Now everything seems fine, both my wallets synced perfectly. Not sure why they didn't sync yesterday with the same nodes.

Edit: Scratch that. Solomined blocks won't show on other wallets again (I essentially fork off if I find a block) and the pool also seems to have some issues.

Yes - its fair to say there are some signif network issues at present.  For some reason all wallets - both old and new are connecting but not passing information between themselves.

Alenevaa managed to get the pool working yesterday - but its gone again. We need to wait for PressTab and Alenevaa to swap notes and ideas.

PressTab and Alenevaa will look into the problem - I let them know the issue early this morning.

Cheers - usukan
Pages:
Jump to: