Pages:
Author

Topic: [Universal-Wallet] Coinomi (BIP44 compatible) - page 8. (Read 26463 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
you know what would be cool? if coinomi was android wear friendly. using this from my watch would be absolutely amazing
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
Is there any way to export private keys from Coinomi to another wallet? I've been unable to find this option for quite some time now.

EDIT: I'm only talking about the Bitcoin addresses.

I never did find the answer to this question. Does anyone know if you're able to export private keys from Coinomi ? I can't seem to find this option anywhere.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I like Coinomi wallet and I use it on my Android phone. But I need desktop version also. I try to port Coinomi wallet to desktop java. My project is opensource and available on github: https://github.com/smmarat/multicoin. If my work will be useful to someone, I'll be happy.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How can I choose what amount to pay as miner fees?

Transfering small amounts (less than 1 dollar) and paying several cents as tax is just not viable...
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
Is there any way to export private keys from Coinomi to another wallet? I've been unable to find this option for quite some time now.

EDIT: I'm only talking about the Bitcoin addresses.
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
Is it possible to connect Coinomi through TOR (provided by Orbot on Android OS)?

If not available, wouldn't that be a good (security/privacy) implementation and enhancement?

BTW I hope to see (someday) the integration of Coinomi to Tails (i386 Debian/Linux) for all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network.

Coinomi's idea fits Tails much better than Electrum (already available by default inside that OS): developers don't need to endlessly fork Coinomi in order to add their altcoins and ShapeShift.io integration is a real PLUS!
legendary
Thank you for your help. But damn it, upon close inspection of the records the recovery passphrase is password protected. My mistake, now I dont know what password I set on the recovery phrase. Great...

Sorry for that but nobody will be able to recover that wallet until you remember that password yourself.
So your coins are pretty much gone forever Undecided

That recovery phrase password is set by the user correct?

Yes. Try to remember what extra password you had typed on setting up your wallet for the first time?
It would be better to write it down on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe.

I can recommend keepass or enpass as password manager. you might consider this in the future
Activity: 13
I will. Thanks for your help again.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Thank you for your help. But damn it, upon close inspection of the records the recovery passphrase is password protected. My mistake, now I dont know what password I set on the recovery phrase. Great...

Sorry for that but nobody will be able to recover that wallet until you remember that password yourself.
So your coins are pretty much gone forever Undecided

Yes. Try to remember what extra password you had typed on setting up your wallet for the first time?
It would be better to write it down on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
I read the whole thread, but I dont get it. I forgot my password so I initiated a recovery (I have my recovery passphrase) but my coins still do not reappear? PLease help!

Alright let me help you since Coinomi support team is too slow here to respond.

Basically after you download the app on your phone and start it you will see this --

Tap on Restore a wallet and you will see this popup below --

Now enter your recovery passphrase on the box provided exactly as was shown after creating a new wallet. The passphrase is case sensitive so be careful while typing each words.

Do not check on Use a BIP39 passphrase option since you already said earlier that you have not enabled it before.

Now on clicking next hopefully you will get back your previous wallet imported.

Note that if you are not typing correctly then you can download any QR code generator app on your another phone and separately generate a QR code of your passphrase. Then you can scan it by tapping that QR code scanner button. That way you will be able to check whether you entered your passphrase correctly and can easily import your wallet.
legendary
That is not the case, I saved my recovery passphrase very carefully and inputted it very carefully several times about 24 hours ago. Did your coins appear instantly?

yep, the app started immediately with the recovering of transaction history
That is not the case, I saved my recovery passphrase very carefully and inputted it very carefully several times about 24 hours ago. Did your coins appear instantly?
legendary
Hey Coinomi, can someone help me out here. I had a significant amount of coins on the wallet. I felt very secure because I kept my recovery passphrase saved securely. Now when I use it my coins dont appear! I did not put a bip39 password on the recovery passphrase and I checked the explorer on one of my alts addresses and the coins are there. Coinomi this is really frustrating, I have my recovery passphrase!!

you got the recovery phrase wrong I'd say. moved recently to a new mobile and it worked without a problem
Hey Coinomi, can someone help me out here. I had a significant amount of coins on the wallet. I felt very secure because I kept my recovery passphrase saved securely. Now when I use it my coins dont appear! I did not put a bip39 password on the recovery passphrase and I checked the explorer on one of my alts addresses and the coins are there. Coinomi this is really frustrating, I have my recovery passphrase!!
Yes it is unnerving! I did a recovery several times now and its been more than 8 hours! And I saved my recovery passphrase well, for this exact situation.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
I read the whole thread, but I dont get it. I forgot my password so I initiated a recovery (I have my recovery passphrase) but my coins still do not reappear? PLease help!

I've had the same issue before (as have others it seems in this thread... any idea the reasoning? It is VERY unnerving!!), and in my experience it seems once you do a recovery, sometimes all of your coins do not reappear until the next block is introduced into the blockchain.  However they have ALWAYS reappeared in my wallet. Please update if your correct balance doesn't come back.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
Right, well I loved Coinomi until today. I wake up to check my funds and the Bitcoin part of Coinomi has given me a NEW address and the NEW address doesn't have my old funds. When I check my PREVIOUS ADDRESSES it doesn't say the actual amount in it. Blockchain.info states the correct amount.

What is going on? The fact that I have been given a NEW address has now stuffed up all my incomes streams. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

EDIT:
I just read the above posts...I don't want new addresses. Plus the new address I was allocated doesn't have correct amount showing. How can I fix this?

EDIT 2:
Ok, finally got my amount showing up after opening and closing it a few times and going in and out of settings. Now with my OLD address, will this still be 100% functional and accept payments forever?

You can swap on addresses tab for each cryptos and you'll be shown the list of previously used addresses. If you don't want to be anonymous then you can continue using them as long as you wish to. You won't lose any coins since all addresses are/will be tied up with the unique master key of your app.
Pages:
Jump to: