Pages:
Author

Topic: [Universal-Wallet] Coinomi (BIP44 compatible) - page 9. (Read 26463 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Is there an ETA on ethereum add?
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Thanks for the info!
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
I have my wallet set to generate a new receiving address for each transaction. Do the addresses ever "expire"? (i.e. can I save one in another wallet's address book (Electrum) to be able to send back to the Coinomi?)

No. your addresses will never expire and all your addresses will be bind together by a single master public key (xPub key) and is secured by the master private key which is the passphrase shown after opening the app for the first time.

But you cannot import Coinomi's recovery phrase on Electrum. I tried it before but it never worked. Maybe my passphrase was password protected or Electrum couldn't recognize the pattern of the phrase.

Also, when restoring a wallet, what is a "BIP39 passphrase"? Who would/wouldn't want to use it?

BIP-39 is an added layer of security where your passphrase is protected by another password of your choice so that when you import it you will have to enter that password also otherwise it will not import. But this feature is not available on Coinomi yet. They will be adding it in their next update hopefully Smiley

Importing standard keys will be available in one of our upcoming versions.
Activity: 217
may be a dumb question... I have my wallet set to generate a new receiving address for each transaction. Do the addresses ever "expire"? (i.e. can I save one in another wallet's address book (Electrum) to be able to send back to the Coinomi?)

Also, when restoring a wallet, what is a "BIP39 passphrase"? Who would/wouldn't want to use it?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Can you add ANTIBitcoin to your wallet? Here is their announcement thread --- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anti-antibitcoin-l-pos-complete-anonymity-new-poll-and-bounties-1283271
Since it is a POS (Proof of Stake) coin so can you add the staking feature to it as well? It will serve both the purpose of the coin Smiley

All you have to do to incorporate ANTIBitcoin into Coinomi is follow these instructions: https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/.

Staking is not available yet, although it might be supported in the future.

Did the Namecoin Blockchain crashed recently? I cannot see my coins in the respective wallet! Huh

We just checked the Namecoin servers and everything is working smoothly. If you still cannot see your coins please send us more details at: [email protected]

Also I had requested you to add the feature of importing paper wallet's private keys long time back (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12674219) but no update has been made to that till now. Sad Hope you add it soon. Smiley

Importing standard keys will be available in one of our upcoming versions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Can you add ANTIBitcoin to your wallet? Here is their announcement thread --- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anti-antibitcoin-l-pos-complete-anonymity-new-poll-and-bounties-1283271
Since it is a POS (Proof of Stake) coin so can you add the staking feature to it as well? It will serve both the purpose of the coin Smiley

Did the Namecoin Blockchain crashed recently? I cannot see my coins in the respective wallet! Huh

Also I had requested you to add the feature of importing paper wallet's private keys long time back (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12674219) but no update has been made to that till now. Sad Hope you add it soon. Smiley
legendary
but how do I extract the keys? is there an option?

You can extract your keys by entering your seed phrase to this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html
It runs locally on your browser so there's no information sent across the internet.

really nice, thank you! so in theory I could use my nubit key in the app and on my desktop client?

You could, although sharing keys across HD and non-HD wallets could cause adverse effects when spending the outputs controlled by these keys from the non-HD wallet.

mh... makes sense. so it's best to use this to retrieve funds in case of an emergency... still a great feature! thanks for your input

You can extract your keys by entering your seed phrase to this tool: https://coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html
It runs locally on your browser so there's no information sent across the internet.

really nice, thank you! so in theory I could use my nubit key in the app and on my desktop client?

You could, although sharing keys across HD and non-HD wallets could cause adverse effects when spending the outputs controlled by these keys from the non-HD wallet.
legendary

legendary
Which must have a coin for be supported by coinami? is it algo independent? thanks for bring us this amazing project to altcoin users

We are open to all legitimate coins. Coinomi can support different algos, however in some cases extra customization might be necessary in order to utilize the full spectrum of an algorithm's capabilities.

is there a way for me to get my funds out if you, for some reason, get shut down?

We don't hold any funds, all keys (therefore all funds) are located in your device and never leave it so even if get shut down there's nothing to worry about.

Hello how long to wait if exchange inside wallet? I thought its instant??
I convert my doge to btc.. but never arrive my payment..
Anyone can help?

We are sorry that your exchange didn't go through right away however there's nothing to worry about in terms of losing your funds, please advise this article: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585582-What-happens-if-my-transaction-doesn-t-go-through-

Which must have a coin for be supported by coinami? is it algo independent? thanks for bring us this amazing project to altcoin users

We are open to all legitimate coins. Coinomi can support different algos, however in some cases extra customization might be necessary in order to utilize the full spectrum of an algorithm's capabilities.

is there a way for me to get my funds out if you, for some reason, get shut down?

We don't hold any funds, all keys (therefore all funds) are located in your device and never leave it so even if get shut down there's nothing to worry about.

Anyone can help?

We are sorry that your exchange didn't go through right away however there's nothing to worry about in terms of losing your funds, please advise this article: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585582-What-happens-if-my-transaction-doesn-t-go-through-
Activity: 224
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Anyone can help?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 966
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
[...]
@Financisto We have thought about this and it is definitely a feature that we would like to add. As a walk around you could use this tool in an offline computer to generate the private keys from your recovery phrase. An old smartphone with an offline signer app would be more user friendly.
Nice to hear that's already been considered before.

It'll get even better when we have that "online watch-only wallet" working together with an "offline tx-signer wallet" for (available soon, I hope) desktop (Linux, Win, OS X) versions of coinomi.

A promising platform, for sure...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101
karbo.io
Confirm, Digibyte works again. Thanks! 
I found out about fork investigating issue.
legendary
@onlinedragon partially my mistake to prematurely announce that we work on it. We originally wanted to port to iOS and then to other platforms, unfortunately our development strategy would not scale so we had to scrap the previous plan for a cross platform solution. In the next weeks we will analyze how much time we need and announce a launch date.

@favdesu @aiwe Confirm, the Digibyte Electrum was outdated, fixed. If you hear about an eminent hard fork in an alt-coin you can always inform us by sending us to support at coinomi.com.

@Financisto We have thought about this and it is definitely a feature that we would like to add. As a walk around you could use this tool in an offline computer to generate the private keys from your recovery phrase. An old smartphone with an offline signer app would be more user friendly.

thank you, great digibytes works again... I prefer coinomi as altcoin wallet Cheesy
Activity: 50
@onlinedragon partially my mistake to prematurely announce that we work on it. We originally wanted to port to iOS and then to other platforms, unfortunately our development strategy would not scale so we had to scrap the previous plan for a cross platform solution. In the next weeks we will analyze how much time we need and announce a launch date.

@favdesu @aiwe Confirm, the Digibyte Electrum was outdated, fixed. If you hear about an eminent hard fork in an alt-coin you can always inform us by sending us to support at coinomi.com.

Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
Is Coinomi able to Sign transactions from a device that is always offline and Broadcast them from
a machine that does not have your keys?

I mean: is it possible to create an offline wallet then create a watching-only version of that same wallet (using Master Public Key) like Electrum does?

Does BIP44 (as an "upgrade" from BIP32) allow creating unsigned transaction, signing it offline and then broadcasting tx like we do using BIP32?

If not supported yet, are there any plans to add that funcionality to Coinomi soon?
Pages:
Jump to: