Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Coinpot.co - new microwallet - page 107. (Read 100688 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Country Tiers are usually like this for PTC sites:

Tier-1 is countries like United States/Canada/United Kingdom/Australia
Tier-2 is countries like France/Spain/Italy/Netherlands
Tier-3 and 4 is the rest of the world.

I know Faucets do have a similar advertising model to PTC sites.
Ok  . . i have no idea why UK wouldn't be in with the rest of Europe , we're 22 miles from France ! . . . . and why would the faucets only pay half claims because you're in the Caribbean ? . . . i do find a lot of the crypto stuff confusing and i'm not very good with computers . . but it is all interesting and if these coins are going to be some kind of new currency , then i think i should make an effort to get onboard , so thanks for explaining the different tiers  .
Activity: 131
Merit: 3
Country Tiers are usually like this for PTC sites:

Tier-1 is countries like United States/Canada/United Kingdom/Australia
Tier-2 is countries like France/Spain/Italy/Netherlands
Tier-3 and 4 is the rest of the world.

I know Faucets do have a similar advertising model to PTC sites.
https://i.imgur.com/CCRnY4Q.jpg

Asked another member from a tier-3 country like mine, he said his claim amounts have also been halved.
Just curious, have tier-2 countries like from the Eurozone also been halved?
Very sad about this, no benefit to use CoinPot over FaucetHub anymore  Cry
[/quoteWell i guess the UK is in the Eurozone , at least until this Brexit business kicks in . . i don't know anything about tier levels , but i've been getting the same basic claim payouts , that go up and down with the price of Bitcoin , they haven't been halved , because of the BTC price drop they've been getting bigger .
Only getting half of previous claim values:

Asked another member from a tier-3 country like mine, he said his claim amounts have also been halved.
Just curious, have tier-2 countries like from the Eurozone also been halved?
Very sad about this, no benefit to use CoinPot over FaucetHub anymore  Cry
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Must be where you are , faucets paying usual amounts in the UK . . . . . but what i'm wondering is , Google announced today they are stopping all crypto adverts in June , if this is true whats going to happen to the faucets , they run on Google and adverts . . ?
It doesn't affect faucets at all. Adsense doesn't accept faucets for a few years already. Almost all faucets which used Adsense to monetize website was already banned long time ago
Oh . . . ok, thanks for reply  . . . . thats good news . .

Devolution from mainstream crud is great  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
Must be where you are , faucets paying usual amounts in the UK . . . . . but what i'm wondering is , Google announced today they are stopping all crypto adverts in June , if this is true whats going to happen to the faucets , they run on Google and adverts . . ?
It doesn't affect faucets at all. Adsense doesn't accept faucets for a few years already. Almost all faucets which used Adsense to monetize website was already banned long time ago

Definitely not the Moon faucets. They seem to run Mellow Ads almost exclusively, which I'm guessing is owned by the same owner. So in that regard I feel quit safe.
Oh . . . ok, thanks for reply  . . . . thats good news . .
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
Claim amounts are now drastically reduced on all coinpot faucets  Sad
BonusBit average claim got halved from 36 satoshi to 18 and the Moon faucets seem to be halved now as well.
Makes no sense at all, seeing as how all cryptos have decreased in value lately I thought claim amounts would increase as they usually do.

I'm not seeing it. I just made a sweep through (I claim on an irregular schedule) and did not notice any decrease in the claim amount accrual rate. The claims just now are roughly equal to claims I made yesterday. BonusBitcoin's average claim (38) has not decreased since yesterday, either.

Well I just checked again and all of my coinpot faucet claims are still halved.
I'm in the Caribbean, so it's possible they've started to adjust claim value according to country tiers, was common with PTC sites back in the day.
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
BonusBit average claim got halved from 36 satoshi to 18 and the Moon faucets seem to be halved now as well.
Makes no sense at all, seeing as how all cryptos have decreased in value lately I thought claim amounts would increase as they usually do.

I'm not seeing it. I just made a sweep through (I claim on an irregular schedule) and did not notice any decrease in the claim amount accrual rate. The claims just now are roughly equal to claims I made yesterday. BonusBitcoin's average claim (38) has not decreased since yesterday, either.

I'm in the Caribbean, so it's possible they've started to adjust claim value according to country tiers, was common with PTC sites back in the day.

Since BTC is soft, BonusBitcoin's average is now 40. It may be your location - I'm in the US.

Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig

Claim amounts are now drastically reduced on all coinpot faucets  Sad
Activity: 953
Merit: 102
★★ freecoyn.com ★★
i love this coinpot.. but i've heard that it's hard to withdraw on bitcoin core.. anyone here have a proof of withdrawing bitcoin core using coins.ph this March? i mean i know that it can withdraw on coins.ph before but now it think not.. so please.. let me see if i can withdraw on bitcoin core thanks.. more power COINPOT

Not sure where you're getting your information from but Bitcoin Core withdrawals work seamlessly on CoinPot.
Activity: 1
i love this coinpot.. but i've heard that it's hard to withdraw on bitcoin core.. anyone here have a proof of withdrawing bitcoin core using coins.ph this March? i mean i know that it can withdraw on coins.ph before but now it think not.. so please.. let me see if i can withdraw on bitcoin core thanks.. more power COINPOT
Activity: 36
After they cancelled my 40k satoshi widhdraw I tried to withdraw my DOGE (that mostly was deposit from others faucet)... cancelled again.

They didn't respond emails lol
Activity: 501
Merit: 252

Same thing happen to my account.

Sign in Failed - Incorrect password
IP Address : 52.170.0.231 - VPN

Some kids got these videos i guess :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5lxQ8mb8o

Activity: 840
Merit: 267
Chad Hodler since 2013
The main part of the problem is that many users continue to use the same sign-in credentials (i.e. email/password) on multiple sites. Therefore when one of these other sites is hacked or leaks password data this can then also be used to sign in to CoinPot. This is what we believe has happened in this case.

^ I think that was it. A list of email/password was leaked from another site/service. Or a service was created with the sole pourpose to build a list of email/passwords for what we know, to be used to login in other sites.

Infact, I got two failed login attempts at my coinpot account on March 4:

Fortunately I DO NOT use the same password anywhere.
Activity: 953
Merit: 102
★★ freecoyn.com ★★
From Coinpot:

"CoinPot has NOT been hacked - your data/earnings are safe!
Posted: 2018-03-08 08:00 UTC
We have been made aware that there are some posts on forums etc suggesting that CoinPot has been hacked. We have fully investigated this and can confirm that there has been no breach of our systems. All of your private and sensitive information (i.e. passwords) are securely hashed before being safely stored in our databases so it is impossible for us or anyone else to read these, even if we were ever hacked in the future. We follow all industry best-practices to ensure the highest level of security.

The main part of the problem is that many users continue to use the same sign-in credentials (i.e. email/password) on multiple sites. Therefore when one of these other sites is hacked or leaks password data this can then also be used to sign in to CoinPot. This is what we believe has happened in this case. All accounts that we know to be affected by this have now been locked to prevent unathorised access - users will need to reset their password in this case.

So...

IMPORTANT REMINDER

It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED best practice to avoid re-use of passwords across multiple sites
We also recommend that you enable 2FA"
Activity: 58
Jump to: