Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 16. (Read 28281 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Just as a reminder, If you import private keys to Electrum, the seed won't be able to recover that new address/private key you imported.
You mean Electrum's seed, while Exodus' seed would work anyway, right?

Yes of course. The reason why the seed won't generate that imported address is because all the addresses that you find in Electrum are actually derived and pre generated from the seed.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
Just as a reminder, If you import private keys to Electrum, the seed won't be able to recover that new address/private key you imported.
You mean Electrum's seed, while Exodus' seed would work anyway, right?
staff
Hello,

i´m also trying to import a private key from exodus to electrum to just sign a message. But i am kinda new to all this.

I exported my private key from exodus (crestes a .csv file) but i am not able to import them in electrum.

i choosed to create a new standard wallet and use a public/private key.

Electrum won´t let my hit the next button after choosing the private key. so i guess im doing something wrong.  Shocked

Mind posting a screenshot (by hiding your private keys of course) on the window It's showing? To import your private keys, you should go here (pic from google):

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hello,

i´m also trying to import a private key from exodus to electrum to just sign a message. But i am kinda new to all this.

I exported my private key from exodus (crestes a .csv file) but i am not able to import them in electrum.

i choosed to create a new standard wallet and use a public/private key.

Electrum won´t let my hit the next button after choosing the private key. so i guess im doing something wrong.  Shocked

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
I'm not sure I understand your question? re-phrase it If possible.
You previously said that "that there is no problem If your private key is imported in both Electrum and Exodus at the same time", so what I was trying to ask is: if I leave the private keys in both Electrum and Exodus, can I see my balance in both of them? I mean, I open Electrum and I see my X Bitcoins, then I close it and open Exodus and they are there as well?
Yes you can.

Understand this: Both wallets (and all other wallets in the market) are just a GUI to see and manage the Bitcoins presented on your address.

This means that you can import your private key in 20 different wallets and you will see the same balance in all of them. If you spend Bitcoins in any of them, all wallets will have the balance updated.

It's like a email with SMTP and multiple clients. You can read and send your emails with any of them.
legendary
You previously said that "that there is no problem If your private key is imported in both Electrum and Exodus at the same time", so what I was trying to ask is: if I leave the private keys in both Electrum and Exodus, can I see my balance in both of them? I mean, I open Electrum and I see my X Bitcoins, then I close it and open Exodus and they are there as well?
staff
So in this case, if I understood correctly, depending on which wallet I open I can see/use my balance in it?

wallet does not allow me to send ETH out of it
Transaction error: broadcastTx error: undefined: request to https://api.etherscan.io/api?address=xxx&module=proxy&action=eth_getCode failed, reason: connect ETIMEDOUT 34.205.51.152:443

rescanned block twice

I forwarded your problem to the co founder on slack and here is the answer:

"Thanks for the report. I’m guessing Etherescan was down on this one for a brief moment. If it is still happening today have them check and if not they can reach out to [email protected] and send over a screenshot and we will be happy to dive in."

legendary
You should also understand that there is no problem If your private key is imported in both Electrum and Exodus at the same time.
So in this case, if I understood correctly, depending on which wallet I open I can see/use my balance in it?
staff
So guys, just to be sure: I export the private key from Exodus, I import it in Electrum, I sign the message and we're fine until here. But then what happens to the private key in Electrum? I mean, do I have to delete it or simply logging out Electrum forgets about it and I can simply open Exodus?

Electrum won't forget anything. I believe the only way for removing would be by doing one of the below:

1. Deleting the wallet file in the AppData folder. (which will erase everything including the addresses generated by electrum Itself)
2. Recovering your wallet using the seed. (Imported private keys are not part of the seed so doing this should give you your addresses back without the Exodus address).

You should also understand that there is no problem If your private key is imported in both Electrum and Exodus at the same time.
legendary
So guys, just to be sure: I export the private key from Exodus, I import it in Electrum, I sign the message and we're fine until here. But then what happens to the private key in Electrum? I mean, do I have to delete it or simply logging out Electrum forgets about it and I can simply open Exodus?
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
No, you will need to export the private key to a wallet that supports signing such as bitcoin-qt, armory, or electrum.
And exporting the private key to Electrum am I also gonna move all the Bitcoins? Or can I sign the message without actually moving the Bitcoin from Exodus?

The coins are in the address associated with the private key not the software itself.  The software is essentially just a gui for the private key.  So if you export it to Electrum they will show there, but if you just sign the message close electrum they will be in your Exodus.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
And exporting the private key to Electrum am I also gonna move all the Bitcoins? Or can I sign the message without actually moving the Bitcoin from Exodus?
Importing your private keys in another wallet won't move your coins. You will only be using two interfaces to manage the Bitcoins in your address.
Just use Electrum to sign the message and keep using Exodus if you want. Nothing will change.
legendary
No, you will need to export the private key to a wallet that supports signing such as bitcoin-qt, armory, or electrum.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Guys, I was trying to claim the Lumens using a Bitcoin wallet (link) but it's asking to sign a message with my Bitcoin address: I've never done that, is it possible to do it with Exodus?

legendary
Guys, I was trying to claim the Lumens using a Bitcoin wallet (link) but it's asking to sign a message with my Bitcoin address: I've never done that, is it possible to do it with Exodus?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
I just started using this wallet a week ago.  The interface looks nice and easy to use.

What is the fee structure for exchanging one crypto for another?  For example, converting Bitcoin to Ethereum, or vise versa?

Thanks.

I don't really use the wallet for exchanging assets but the fees are not something fixed I believe. Exodus simply use ShapeShift API so everything comes from there and you can see their fees here: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585602-What-s-your-fee-structure-

Awesome thanks.  So the fee is just embedded in the exchange rates and approximately 0.5% for anyone that's interested.  Not bad.
Activity: 123
Merit: 17
wallet does not allow me to send ETH out of it
Transaction error: broadcastTx error: undefined: request to https://api.etherscan.io/api?address=xxx&module=proxy&action=eth_getCode failed, reason: connect ETIMEDOUT 34.205.51.152:443

rescanned block twice
staff
I just started using this wallet a week ago.  The interface looks nice and easy to use.

What is the fee structure for exchanging one crypto for another?  For example, converting Bitcoin to Ethereum, or vise versa?

Thanks.

I don't really use the wallet for exchanging assets but the fees are not something fixed I believe. Exodus simply use ShapeShift API so everything comes from there and you can see their fees here: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585602-What-s-your-fee-structure-
Activity: 364
Merit: 252

Thanks.
Merit: 916
fly or die
Hello. I came here to ask for the addition of the Euro currency (as USD is meaningless to me) and see that the latest upgrade has brought just that, the team is reading my thoughts or what ?

Have a good one !
Pages:
Jump to: