Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 14. (Read 28281 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 251
can I use 12 words seed and restore my private key in electrum? I dont want to send coins because of transaction fee.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
I claimed the BCH, it works perfectly!
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
The version 1.31.0 is now officially out, we had a few small updates a few days ago but It's nothing significant. You can find the changelog[1] and how to claim[2] your BCH on the site.

[1] https://www.exodus.io/releases/
[2] http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-do-i-claim-bitcoin-cash
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
-snip-
I don't think it's mandatory in this case. Just do the step by step guide described in the page linked by you and Exodus will sign and broadcast the transaction just like you were sending any other coin.

You only have to do anything with Electron Cash if you want to hold your BCC. So you would need to create a new wallet directly from Electron Cash and send your BCC to the recently created wallet.
legendary
With the new Exodus release I see this post about Bitcoin Cash: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-do-i-claim-bitcoin-cash

Now my question is: are the private keys 100% safe?
Because I always read that is better to move the Bitcoin to another wallet before exporting the private keys, which will be imported in Electron Cash, due to security reason.
staff
is there a way to adjust transaction fee in exodus wallet? it seems a bit higher, what do you think?

I already explained this more then once. Exodus wallet is meant for beginners who are not familiar with the blockchaind and crypto currencies, experts are free to use the wallet but shouldn't really expect advanced features such as message signing, fees adjusting etc. they could add this in the future but definitely not a priority right now.
legendary
is there a way to adjust transaction fee in exodus wallet? it seems a bit higher, what do you think?
Unfortunately no, many people already complained about this but the devs said the want to keep the wallet simple without adding this option, which could confuse some people...
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Will Exodus support Bitcoin Cash?
Their planning to (as mentioned on their last two status updates): https://www.exodus.io/status/
As of August 1st, 2017 @ 1:00 PM Pacific Time - The Bitcoin hard fork has completed successfully. Within the next 24-48 hours, we will provide guidance on what customers need to do to claim their BCH/BCC.
As of August 1st, 2017 @ 10:45 PM Pacific Time - We have decreased the status notification from red to blue. You can safely send / receive/ and exchange bitcoin now. We are still working on an easy way for Exodus customers to send their BCH out of Exodus.
legendary
Will Exodus support Bitcoin Cash?
Merit: 916
fly or die
A seed is used to generate addresses/private keys.

If you import a private key into a wallet (does Exodus support this ?) then the seed is not used and will not allow recovery of that address.
legendary
I was reading that in order to get Bitcoin Cash we should import the private keys in the new Electrum Cash wallet, which is not made by the same people of the normal Electrum, and the suggestion is to move the Bitcoin to a new Electrum wallet created only for this reason (so with a different seed), so in case there is any security problem the seed of the Electrum wallet where we store the Bitcoin (the first one) won't be compromised, I guess this applies as well to Exodus, no?
staff
When will they add monero??we need this.

Its listed on the roadmap[1] as planned for this year and the co-founder already spoke about this on Reddit[2] a few months ago, It's probably just a matter of time until they add it, I have no estimated date for this.

[1] http://woobull.com/exodus-wallet-roadmap-a-list-of-upcoming-asset-support/
[2] https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5qy9f5/any_updates_from_exodus/
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
When will they add monero??we need this.
staff
I use exodus for long time, but this first time i see thread about it. Finally i can see export address and key.
Did they mind to add signature feature? So i can sign my address.

The wallet is meant to be for mostly the newcomers to the crypto currencies scene, It's not really meant for the advanced users and that's why the developer menu is not displayed by default and you need to bring it up, and for the same reason why they may not add the sign address feature.

The service looks promising but why this is not a official thread. The title doesn't look promising though. I like it when the companies act officially and try to prove themselves by their creativity. The e changer colours are pretty professional and I'm loving the interface.

I was happy with digecoin but it seems this exchanger is not going to keep it anymore. Is there any specific reasons behind this change.

I got their permission to make this thread, I just felt like adding "Unofficial" so people don't relate me to the service as I'm not part of the staff. I also posted a link regarding removing Dogecoin, read the Reddit post I gave above.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Not anytime soon. For now, import your private key in another wallet and sign your message there.

when I download and install the wallet, it seems to go OK, but then when I try to find it, it is nowhere to be found. There is no shortcut created and it doesn't even show up in my programs. Why is this happening? Can anyone help me solve this issue?
If you are on Windows, press "Windows key + R", paste "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Exodus" and press Enter.

See if the folder exists. If not, try to install the wallet again.

The folder is there. I am on Windows 7. Which file do I use to run the wallet? Is it the Exodus.exe file that resides in the app-1.30.0 folder? If so, I did click that, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Not anytime soon. For now, import your private key in another wallet and sign your message there.

when I download and install the wallet, it seems to go OK, but then when I try to find it, it is nowhere to be found. There is no shortcut created and it doesn't even show up in my programs. Why is this happening? Can anyone help me solve this issue?
If you are on Windows, press "Windows key + R", paste "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Exodus" and press Enter.

See if the folder exists. If not, try to install the wallet again.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Can anyone help me with this issue? It is really strange that Exodus is no where to be found once it is installed. I don't think my Norton had an effect on the installation, but I could be wrong.
What platform are you using, did you try to search it there l, I know its still there if it was installed already. Or try to uninstall it and install again, or just install it again.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
I use exodus for long time, but this first time i see thread about it. Finally i can see export address and key.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Can anyone help me with this issue? It is really strange that Exodus is no where to be found once it is installed. I don't think my Norton had an effect on the installation, but I could be wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: