Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 18. (Read 28281 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
Ah ok, I was asking because on the roadmap I read "Exodus moved ETC from undecided to planned status in June 2017."
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Does anybody know if they're gonna add ETC with the June 22nd release?

It's very unlikely for the next release I'd say. Usually, the upcoming coins should be visible in the screenshots posted in the release page, the one visible there is DECRED at the moment and It's not available on this version so I believe they are doing tests on it. It should be available on one of the next releases.
legendary
Does anybody know if they're gonna add ETC with the June 22nd release?
staff
Has anybody used the latest (1.27.3) wallet update? I cannot connect to my wallet anymore (persistent "Loading"). The same story is with recovery Sad

I'm sorry for the late reply, here you go:

The links on the picture:

1. http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-do-i-delete-my-wallet-and-start-over
2. http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-do-i-restore-from-my-12-word-phrase

legendary
Not only will this clutter up their clean and simple interface with unnecessary assets
You can choose which assets you wanna see in your wallet: for example I have no Augur so I didn't check their box so I don't see them. Also I don't understand how Zcash would be a shitcoin...
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This is definitely one of my favourite wallets to use, just so simple yet so many functions. It's so nice for a wallet to be able to fetch each of the prices of assets you hold for you, and at the same time let you store your own private keys on your own computer. This is the sort of applications that needs to appear more frequently on the market for cryptos to be successful

Is it just me, or is the shapeshift rates significantly better on exodus than on the actual site as well? Maybe it's because transaction fees are mitigated this way?

Does anyone know whether you can send a bitcoin transaction with a custom fee? Curretnly it seems like the fees are a bit steep, or is that per kb?

I'm pretty sure that fees that are shown to you when you go to the send page is per kB. I never really sent bitcoin with Exodus, only Ethereum and XMR so i don't know(for bitcoin i have other wallets). But 0.0038~ BTC per transaction isn't that bad even if it's not per kB, its just how things are atm.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
are there any plans on adding more coins to wallet? say ZEC?

There really isn't much point at all for them to keep adding new coins - unless a coin is extremely popular of course. Not only will this clutter up their clean and simple interface with unnecessary assets it'll also mean that they are supporting shitcoins which personally i don't think is right. But ZCash in my opinion is worth a try, although by using their client you'll be sacrificing a bit of privacy.

Does anyone know whether you can send a bitcoin transaction with a custom fee? Curretnly it seems like the fees are a bit steep, or is that per kb?
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question
are there any plans on adding more coins to wallet? say ZEC?
MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
Can a user mine directly to Exodus?

for some reason Jaxx says do not mine directly to their wallet (which I really do not understand - are they saying don't use addresses with large numbers of transactions?)

thanks in advance.

You can`t mine with Exodus.

To mine coins you need full nodes. Exodus and Jaxx are light wallets and thus do not mine.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Has anybody used the latest (1.27.3) wallet update? I cannot connect to my wallet anymore (persistent "Loading"). The same story is with recovery Sad
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Can a user mine directly to Exodus?

for some reason Jaxx says do not mine directly to their wallet (which I really do not understand - are they saying don't use addresses with large numbers of transactions?)

thanks in advance.
Activity: 9
ok, thanks. I think that I've fixed my problem with extremely high fees. In Jaxx I just reset'd my cache, so that the transaction history was deleted. Seems like it changed some, now I "only" paid a 2-3$. Much better than my 25-30$ before that. I don't know if it payed also for my old transactions, or what happened (any suggestions?), but know it seems like my problem was solved

staff
I got an answer regarding all the suggestions and questions given above:

Some guys in this thread are talking about avoiding dust payment to get a lower fee. But how do you avoid dust payments? What to do? I am new to this, and my fees (in jaxx wallet) are extremely high (around 25$).

I am looking for a solution, and was wondering, can exodus solve my fee problem?

I am mostly using shapeshifting

Thanxx

No wallet could fix this for you sadly. If you want to fix this then you need to start accepting bigger payments. If you are getting them from a faucet or something, then keep them on the site until you have a decent amount then withdraw everything instead of withdrawing small amounts of a hourly or daily basis.
Activity: 9
Some guys in this thread are talking about avoiding dust payment to get a lower fee. But how do you avoid dust payments? What to do? I am new to this, and my fees (in jaxx wallet) are extremely high (around 25$).

I am looking for a solution, and was wondering, can exodus solve my fee problem?

I am mostly using shapeshifting

Thanxx
Activity: 48
hi,

i have a question regarding the 'backup' . it says the backup automatically save few minutes ago , but is it backup locally or on the cloud? do i have to request a backup link each time a backup is done automatically? im confuse how this works.

thanks
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
If you are asking If there is the ability to export private keys then yes, you can do that from the developer menu by doing: CTRL + SHIFT + D. A menu should appear and give you multiple features and exporting your keys is one of them.
But exactly why and when should we export the private keys?
When: Its recommended after you installed the software (exudos) on your device (Computer)
Why: Because its really important to have a copy/backup on it to prove that you are the owner of the address.
legendary
If you are asking If there is the ability to export private keys then yes, you can do that from the developer menu by doing: CTRL + SHIFT + D. A menu should appear and give you multiple features and exporting your keys is one of them.
But exactly why and when should we export the private keys?
staff
Hello gus , are important '' exoport private keys'' or not ?
Thanks in advance

Got introduced to this wallet a week ago. I love it. My problem is that the Shapeshift exhange , it is down for maintanance all the time.

I believe this issue was never reported before, at least not lately. If you could give me the error message you was getting? Or it could be indeed that ShapeShift had a maintenance but not sure, since I didn't see any announcements about it.

The questions and suggestions given above will be answered once I get an answer from the founders of the wallet. I sent everything.
Activity: 1
Hello gus , are important '' exoport private keys'' or not ?
Thanks in advance
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Got introduced to this wallet a week ago. I love it. My problem is that the Shapeshift exhange , it is down for maintanance all the time.

Pages:
Jump to: