Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 17. (Read 28281 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
How Exodus team earn from this wallet? Dont get me wrong but i want to ask how tey are benefitted from this project and what dives them(team) to pool their hard work to make this wallet.

PS: The wallet is damm'n cool and i am using it Smiley

The exodus team earn from the fees (of exchanges between the multiple currencies and not while sending).
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
How Exodus team earn from this wallet? Dont get me wrong but i want to ask how tey are benefitted from this project and what dives them(team) to pool their hard work to make this wallet.

PS: The wallet is damm'n cool and i am using it Smiley
staff
I can't say that they won't add this for sure but like TryNinja quoted, they pretty much have no plans for this yet. The priority right now is to support multiple currencies and also fix bugs, and make it as easier as possible to use the wallet and have the best experience, they are not targeting advanced users but that could change over the next a few months/years.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
But after reading their FAQ at http://support.exodus.io/help_center, looks like they are not planning to do so because they say most users of Exodus are 100% new to blockchain assets and not technical. So, users would put a very low fee without the understanding this could cause the transaction to not be delivered.

If being able to manually set a low fee is important to you Exodus is not a good software choice and we encourage you to use other bitcoin wallets. The good news is there are a lot of highly technical BTC wallets much better than Exodus in this regard. Electron is awesome for highly technical details like this. With the current market reach of Exodus this will not be a focus for our company anytime soon.
Source: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-does-exodus-calculate-fees
I hope they're gonna change their mind about this, I used Electrum as my first wallet and despite the fact it was something completely new to me I found it super easy to choose the fee...

Right now I switched to Exodus because I can store different values and usually I hold, so I don't need to move the coins often.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Nice update from the dev, maybe I will update it later.
But it is much better if they add dynamic fees in making transaction for bitcoin. Because there are issues and instances when sending, they get too huge for a transaction fee since exodus generate the tx fee itself when sending.
I was going to suggest them to do the same since this is the same reason I stopped using Exodus.

But after reading their FAQ at http://support.exodus.io/help_center, looks like they are not planning to do so because they say most users of Exodus are 100% new to blockchain assets and not technical. So, users would put a very low fee without the understanding this could cause the transaction to not be delivered.

If being able to manually set a low fee is important to you Exodus is not a good software choice and we encourage you to use other bitcoin wallets. The good news is there are a lot of highly technical BTC wallets much better than Exodus in this regard. Electron is awesome for highly technical details like this. With the current market reach of Exodus this will not be a focus for our company anytime soon.
Source: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-does-exodus-calculate-fees
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Nice update from the dev, maybe I will update it later.
But it is much better if they add dynamic fees in making transaction for bitcoin. Because there are issues and instances when sending, they get too huge for a transaction fee since exodus generate the tx fee itself when sending.
staff
The new version is now out, DECRED got added and the bug of exporting private keys has been fixed. The full changelog:

As usual, expect another update within two weeks.
staff
Hi there, I made an exchange transfer of ripple to Etherum using Changelly.
I entered my etherum receieved address from my exodus wallet. The transaction was successful however, its been 2 days since it was made and the transaction is still outstanding on my exodus wallet?
I've tried to refresh the page on my etherum wallet to rescan the block chain but it didnt pick anything up yet?

Can you please advise ASAP? I love love the exodus wallet but im a little woried now- thinking of moving my wallet if this issue still is inherent and not resolved? I have sent 2 emails to your support email address over the space of 48hrs and still no reply?  

Thanks

I will try to let the developers know about your issue. If you could just please post your TXID, It could be a great help. I've read that ethereum network is currently having a lot of traffic by the way so this might be the problem.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi there, I made an exchange transfer of ripple to Etherum using Changelly.
I entered my etherum receieved address from my exodus wallet. The transaction was successful however, its been 2 days since it was made and the transaction is still outstanding on my exodus wallet?
I've tried to refresh the page on my etherum wallet to rescan the block chain but it didnt pick anything up yet?

Can you please advise ASAP? I love love the exodus wallet but im a little woried now- thinking of moving my wallet if this issue still is inherent and not resolved? I have sent 2 emails to your support email address over the space of 48hrs and still no reply? 

Thanks
staff
Yeah just some ask if it's safe to store our bitcoin with there exchanges. Hope it is and have some nice features

You use the exchange only while trading and the funds are not in an exchange, they are in your wallet and you are the only one controlling them. It's possible to export your private keys and they are never sent to the servers.
asu
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1135
Yeah just some ask if it's safe to store our bitcoin with there exchanges. Hope it is and have some nice features
staff
Do you ever think they're going to turn into one of those exchanges that's going to accept a ton more alt-coins, like maybe even the amount of altcoins that are on shapeshift or changelly or one of those sites? Like I do have exodus and use it at the moment, but I'd only really like to use it for the smaller cap coins that I own and are taking a big dice role on seeing if I can make some money out of it.

I know you're not related to the team in the least, but I did think this was worth a shot at seeing.

Thanks!

You can see the roadmap on the OP, there is definitely more tokens and coins coming to the wallet this year (in addition to hardware wallets support etc.) as for the exchange part, exodus uses ShapeShift API, so unless both coins X/Y exists on ShapeShift, they won't be added.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Do you ever think they're going to turn into one of those exchanges that's going to accept a ton more alt-coins, like maybe even the amount of altcoins that are on shapeshift or changelly or one of those sites? Like I do have exodus and use it at the moment, but I'd only really like to use it for the smaller cap coins that I own and are taking a big dice role on seeing if I can make some money out of it.

I know you're not related to the team in the least, but I did think this was worth a shot at seeing.

Thanks!
staff
Would it be safe to keep my bitcoin in to exodus wallet during the hard fork ?

You can find more info regarding UASF here: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/does-exodus-support-bip148-and-the-uasf

It's worth mentioning that UASF may not be needed at this point because SegWit2X could get activated in the next a few days by looking at the hashing power they currently have.
staff
You cant export your private keys, i tried doing by going to developer option and then assets and then bitcoin, but all i can export is bitcoin address... even if you click export private key or address the output is same, only address is exported.

This is a bug from 1.27, It should be fixed on the next update (this Thursday). You still can downgrade to 1.26 and export your private keys in the meantime If you want to otherwise just wait for the next in a couple of days.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Great looking wallet..

I am running the x64 client on Windows 10 but I don't have this top menu... How do I enable it?

This pretty much removes all settings, since the only thing that is in the "settings" menu in the life side bar, is theme choices and an option to disable coins you don't use.

The developer menu is not there by default so you need to bring it on Linux or Windows using keys: CTRL + SHIFT + D

You cant export your private keys, i tried doing by going to developer option and then assets and then bitcoin, but all i can export is bitcoin address... even if you click export private key or address the output is same, only address is exported.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Are you able to send ethereum assets to an exodus wallet?
Exodus doesn't give you full control over your ETH so you can't get private key of your ETH addresses. You have to either wait till the exodus team will add tokens/assets manually in their platform which is quite unlikely for right now or you have to use other wallet like jaxx which gives you private key of your ETH address which you can use in myetherwallet.com to see and move all assets/tokens sent to that ETH address.

This is entirely incorrect.  You absolutely control the private key and can import it into MEW to see and send any tokens attached to the address.

Here are the instructions:

http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-can-i-view-my-private-keys-1
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Exodus doesn't give you full control over your ETH so you can't get private key of your ETH addresses. You have to either wait till the exodus team will add tokens/assets manually in their platform which is quite unlikely for right now or you have to use other wallet like jaxx which gives you private key of your ETH address which you can use in myetherwallet.com to see and move all assets/tokens sent to that ETH address.
staff

I know that they don't support assets such as Quantum Resistant Ledger on their wallet directly but i'm wondering if you can send it to your wallet, and somehow it'll show up in a separate balance because you own your own private keys with Exodus. Probably not, but just putting it out there anyways, might have a chance that this is possible somehow.

Apart from this, i've been using Exodus flawlessly for a few months now. Never had a problem with them, and the syncing process that altcoin wallets require is just too long for most average bitcoiners. Definitely worth a go for anyone looking for a light client that you still have control over.

I believe It's possible to store them on any ethereum address and as long as you control the private keys, you should be fine and in order to see the balance of each asset, you could use Myetherwallet https://www.myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info and then select "View the address only". I can check this for you with the team If you want, I personally wouldn't recommend until they actually start supporting that specific asset, just to avoid issues.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509

I know that they don't support assets such as Quantum Resistant Ledger on their wallet directly but i'm wondering if you can send it to your wallet, and somehow it'll show up in a separate balance because you own your own private keys with Exodus. Probably not, but just putting it out there anyways, might have a chance that this is possible somehow.

Apart from this, i've been using Exodus flawlessly for a few months now. Never had a problem with them, and the syncing process that altcoin wallets require is just too long for most average bitcoiners. Definitely worth a go for anyone looking for a light client that you still have control over.
Pages:
Jump to: