Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 21. (Read 28286 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
this multi -currency wallet is good , but the sending ( miner ) fee is too high, and no way to adjust the fee...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I clicked the in-app support and got something like "down for maintenance". I can't remember now because I've uninstalled the app.

Look I know what it's like to start something and ask for peoples interest and trust, and I also know there are external factors beyond your control. So if you are changing the FAQ to reflect the true cost of the fees I will delete my first post.

The main issue I had is the FAQ, but also the automatic highest fees.

jp
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
@burnedbyfees:

Thank you for bringing to our attention our old and outdated FAQ question about BTC fees. If I recall correctly, that was written in 2015 and as we all know, the Bitcoin network is more congested than it was at that point. The Bitcoin network is very expensive right now.

We also have work to do to communicate this difference of available funds on the exchange section. We have made massive improvements on the send screen, which it's interesting that you left those screenshots out...

Here is the support article on the situation: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/why-is-my-available-balance-less-than-my-wallet-balance

Finally, as far as our non-existent support. I'm sorry this was your experience. Who handled your ticket? I'd like to review the correspondence.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
I'm going to transfer your concerns to the team and ask them to answer you If that helps anyway, even though I don't fully understand the problem. I will keep you updated with the staff answer (or they will post here themselves).

or, your "small deposit" hasn't actually confirmed yet and the wallet is only letting you convert the confirmed balance.

Nope, everything is out now and my balance is zero.

There were 2 transactions, $2.30ish in $0.38 out.

https://ibb.co/eFZBJF
That appears to be the case in his (youtube miner)situation maybe, I sent the money out and ended up getting charged once, leaving $0.38 of the $2.30 I've edited myy post to reflect this. Either way the in-app FAQ is less than truthful to be kind.

Also, I only did the one deposit of $2.30 ish, Not multiple deposits.I'll post a screenshot if you want.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
Take a look at the guys deposits... 0.0008, 0.0007... even the 0.001 stuff is low. He is geting a bunch of mining "dust"... and then tries to send 0.01. Do the math, best case scenario it is likely to be a minimum of like 10 inputs required to make it up to 0.01.

10 * 148 = 1480 bytes just for inputs... add in 68 for the Receive address and Change address... + 10 for the transaction framework... = 1558 bytes... at current recommended fees of 350-400 you're looking at around 0.006 in fees for the best case...

I suspect that either you are probably running into a similar situation... after calculating the transaction fee on all your dust inputs, there isn't much left for you to actually exchange with shapeshift...

or, your "small deposit" hasn't actually confirmed yet and the wallet is only letting you convert the confirmed balance.

Activity: 63
The developer menu is not there by default so you need to bring it on Linux or Windows using keys: CTRL + SHIFT + D

Thank you so much.
staff
Great looking wallet..

I am running the x64 client on Windows 10 but I don't have this top menu... How do I enable it?

This pretty much removes all settings, since the only thing that is in the "settings" menu in the life side bar, is theme choices and an option to disable coins you don't use.

The developer menu is not there by default so you need to bring it on Linux or Windows using keys: CTRL + SHIFT + D
Activity: 63
Great looking wallet..

I am running the x64 client on Windows 10 but I don't have this top menu... How do I enable it?

My wallet looks like this.. no menu

This pretty much removes all settings, since the only thing that is in the "settings" menu in the life side bar, is theme choices and an option to disable coins you don't use.
HCP
legendary
Full credit to them for being open and honest and quick to respond. They obviously have their target audience... and I'm not it, I can respect that. Wink
staff
"This user is an advanced user. They run their own nodes, etc. They are not a good fit for the choices Exodus makes. We do not target these customers and direct them to use other products. Again, to be 100% clear, Exodus is not a good choice for them and never will be. We specifically have a very opinionated process to make it as easy as possible for new users to digital assets" -- Answer by co-founder.
staff
I sent your questions to the slack because I have access there, I will keep you updated once I get an answer (or someone from the team will answer you here).
HCP
legendary
Posting here because the Public Slack has been closed to new subscribers...

So I downloaded Exodus, the 64 bit Windows "installer"... and ran it... without giving me ANY choices of any description (not even a cancel install box), it popped up a box saying "Installed, you can run from the icons"... well, ummm thanks??!?  Roll Eyes maybe I would have liked some input into that process... #strikeOne...

Then I tried running Exodus... and it comes up with a lovely red bar telling me that it can't connect to the P2P network... clicking on the "learn more" I am presented with a web page about opening up ports... seriously??? you want me to start opening ports for a closed source app that connects to a P2P network??!? #strikeTwo...

Ok, well let's at least see if their claims for being compatible with BIP44 are true... I'll just get the seed and put it into the BIP39 Tool... Oh... no... I won't... because you can't do any backup until after your first deposit??!? I don't even get to see what my 12 word wallet seed is, until I put money in?... #strikeThree... you're out.  Undecided

For the record, I did restore a 12 word seed from another wallet... and it seems to have generated the same addresses and is showing my transaction history... so I'm guessing it is using the m/44'/0'/0'/0 derivation path like Mycelium... but I still can't use the backup as I haven't made a deposit??? Which apparently means that I can't add a password to the wallet?? Huh Huh Huh So, now my restored wallet is just sitting there without a password to protect it??!?  Shocked  Undecided

It also shows me the first address in the wallet, as opposed to the first "unused" address when I click receive after doing a restore.

And finally, when you uninstall the app... there are no notifications or anything... and it leaves behind all your data in the %appdata% directory... including your wallet, which I presume is not password protected or encrypted if you haven't successfully managed to run the backup process...
staff
Some new major updates (Version 1.25.0):

A small updates were released on the 13th and 14th as well but Its nothing big: https://www.exodus.io/releases/
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
I sent them an email and I got a reply from JP:

We have no short-term plans to add Ripple. However it is an asset we'd like to add in the future. We will email you when we support it.

That would be great!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
no ripple?seriously?
I was gonna say exactly the same thing  Cry

And they're not even on their roadmap...
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
Never heard of this.
Is it like ethereum where it is offered as a smart contract or is it just another alt coin?

This is the first time I have heard of this.
Having support out of the blue from a big company like this should show it's value of being big in the future.
It must be something worth looking into further when i have time.
Thanks in advance for any advice/information on this new offering to the crytoworld.

You are asking about Golem or Exodus? Golem is an altcoin and It's very known, made a successful ICO and It's one of the best projects out there. As for exodus, then Its a multi-coin wallet. It didn't come from anywhere as If you check the development on the releases page, you will see that there were changelogs since late 2015.
Was asking about Golem my friend.
Haven't heard of the alt coin before and have heard about the exodus project before.
Thank you for the advice on them.
Very appreciated.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I use exodus for less than a month, it seems an incredible wallet because you can make exchanges, I showed it on my youtube channel as doing the exchanges but I exchanged 2 btc for ethers 5 hours ago and I do not receive anything and the transaction in shapeshift Appears complete. At least the exodus service answered me quickly, they are already seeing the case but mention that it may take more than a few days to respond shapeshift. This relieves a little confidence in the project I hope they solve it quickly.
 Undecided
staff
Never heard of this.
Is it like ethereum where it is offered as a smart contract or is it just another alt coin?

This is the first time I have heard of this.
Having support out of the blue from a big company like this should show it's value of being big in the future.
It must be something worth looking into further when i have time.
Thanks in advance for any advice/information on this new offering to the crytoworld.

You are asking about Golem or Exodus? Golem is an altcoin and It's very known, made a successful ICO and It's one of the best projects out there. As for exodus, then Its a multi-coin wallet. It didn't come from anywhere as If you check the development on the releases page, you will see that there were changelogs since late 2015.
Pages:
Jump to: