Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 17. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Hi everyone, I am mining eth solo with claymore 7.1 and I have OC my RX480 8 gb today.

Everything about the software looks fine, but I was wondering:

1) can I exit the test mode on win10 without causing any crash and how? (which command?)

2) what are the best settings in wattman to make sure that the cards have the lowest consumption possible and that they run as much stable as possible around the 31mh/s? Core, memory, fan, and temp? (at the moment they are varying between <24 and >30, which seems quite a lot)

this is the procedure I have followed to enable the test mode:

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.
iii) Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.

and this is the mod. rom: https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/ethereum.vanillaforums.com/editor/9p/vv6t6jnquwj1.zip

Thank you for you help
Test mode? No man, just use new drivers 16.9.1 to 16.10.2 - all are good and no need for test mode. Where were you past months?

Lol, I am relatively new to the all mining thing, so you mean, once I flashed the cards, I can just install one of the new drivers and exit the test mode now?
Or once I have complete flashing them (which I have) can I just exit the test mode anyway, using bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF, or can something wrong happen if I exit the test mode now that I have flashed the cards?

I am currently using crimson 16.7.3 minimal package because they appeared to be very stable.

What do you suggest? Thanks very much man
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
Any working ROM for RX 480 8Gb Sapphire Nitro+?

Yes. What GPU/Memory clocks do you want? I found my cards don't like more than 2150 on the memory and therefore core clock of 1125 is about the max needed. Gives me 29.7mh/s per card.

I can set GPU voltage to 1v, but not yet tried to edit the BIOS voltage ofset, so if you want lower GPU voltage you'll need to do it in software.

I can post later let me know what you want.
Activity: 742
Any working ROM for RX 480 8Gb Sapphire Nitro+?

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hi everyone, I am mining eth solo with claymore 7.1 and I have OC my RX480 8 gb today.

1) can I exit the test mode on win10 without causing any crash and how? (which command?)

2) what are the best settings in wattman to make sure that the cards have the lowest consumption possible and that they run as much stable as possible around the 31mh/s? Core, memory, fan, and temp? (at the moment they are varying between <24 and >30, which seems quite a lot)

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.

and this is the mod. rom: https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/ethereum.vanillaforums.com/editor/9p/vv6t6jnquwj1.zip

Thank you for you help
Test mode? No man, just use new drivers 16.9.1 to 16.10.2 - all are good and no need for test mode. Where were you past months?
Activity: 45

Thank you for you help
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
I can share the BIOS, but it's nothing special and not the complete package. Only memory timings have been copied to higher memory straps. And I increased the idle core voltage to 900mv. These changes are dead easy to make with Polaris BIOS editor, it takes seconds to do.

I then use Wattman in Windows to remove core voltage offset, I.E. set it to 0, then I use MSI Afterburner to set core and memory clocks and set core voltage to -96mv. This gives a a final core voltage of 887mv under load, which appears to be enough for core clock of 1125MHz to remain totally stable.

I'm currently testing 1125/2150 with core voltage of 887mv with the Sapphire cards. 2175mhz for memory, although "stable", causes way too many memory errors on all but one of the cards. This gives me 178.3mh/s with just under 825w at the wall.

As yet, I've not worked out how to set core voltage to 887mv through the BIOS only, even with DPM1-7 set below 1000mv in Polaris BIOS editor, the Sapphire cards still insist on running at just over 1000mv. It's like there is some hidden override. So this BIOS does little for Linux users. I might have another play with the BIOS this weekend.

You cannot do it with the Bios Editor, needs to be done by actually editing the BIOS.  You can lower it down as much as you want in Polaris BIOS Editor but it will remain the same.

I posted this in my thread but here is what you can do by editing the BIOS:

that are REF cards right?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I can share the BIOS, but it's nothing special and not the complete package. Only memory timings have been copied to higher memory straps. And I increased the idle core voltage to 900mv. These changes are dead easy to make with Polaris BIOS editor, it takes seconds to do.

I then use Wattman in Windows to remove core voltage offset, I.E. set it to 0, then I use MSI Afterburner to set core and memory clocks and set core voltage to -96mv. This gives a a final core voltage of 887mv under load, which appears to be enough for core clock of 1125MHz to remain totally stable.

I'm currently testing 1125/2150 with core voltage of 887mv with the Sapphire cards. 2175mhz for memory, although "stable", causes way too many memory errors on all but one of the cards. This gives me 178.3mh/s with just under 825w at the wall.

As yet, I've not worked out how to set core voltage to 887mv through the BIOS only, even with DPM1-7 set below 1000mv in Polaris BIOS editor, the Sapphire cards still insist on running at just over 1000mv. It's like there is some hidden override. So this BIOS does little for Linux users. I might have another play with the BIOS this weekend.

You cannot do it with the Bios Editor, needs to be done by actually editing the BIOS.  You can lower it down as much as you want in Polaris BIOS Editor but it will remain the same.

I posted this in my thread but here is what you can do by editing the BIOS:

Activity: 195
Merit: 104
I've got a couple of Powercolor Devil RX480 8GB coming tomorrow. Anyone else using these for mining?

Edit:
Put the new Powercolor Devil RX480s in my main PC so moved the Sapphire cards into one rig of 6.

6 x Sapphire Nitro+ RX480, mining at 180mh/s, drawing 845w from the wall with a EVGA 1300w G2. I suspect if I was to use my EVGA 1600W T2 I could get it down to 820w, maybe even less.

All cards set to 1130/2175 with core voltage at 0.9v.

I knew it could be done!

Happy to post video proof if anyone wants?  Cool
i would be even happier if You share rom Wink pretty please
I've got a couple of Powercolor Devil RX480 8GB coming tomorrow. Anyone else using these for mining?

Edit:
Put the new Powercolor Devil RX480s in my main PC so moved the Sapphire cards into one rig of 6.

6 x Sapphire Nitro+ RX480, mining at 180mh/s, drawing 845w from the wall with a EVGA 1300w G2. I suspect if I was to use my EVGA 1600W T2 I could get it down to 820w, maybe even less.

I knew it could be done!

Nice work on the nitro indeed. You modding any of the MSI range or you already tweekd round with them?

Thanks Smiley Not played with any of the MSI cards and no intention to currently.

These Powercolor cards are good though, while the Sapphire ones seem to top out between 2150~2175 on the memory, quite a lot of memory errors at 2175. These Powercolor cards will go to 2200+ on the memory and no errors Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

Edit:

I knew it could be done!

Nice work on the nitro indeed. You modding any of the MSI range or you already tweekd round with them?

Edit:

I knew it could be done!

Activity: 15
Hi,

I have 2x rx 480 sapphire nitro 8gb, I flash one but then I can't boot on it anymore(I tried alone and with both card, I switch PCI-E), but if I boot with the second one(not flash) it's working, performance are not so great I am more at 25.5-26, energy is probably much better.
In Amd setting the card is shown as disable, the 30Mh doesn't seem really stable, so I used the switch bios.

I am using the latest driver Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Hotfix.

Is this normal?, I read quickly most of the 30pages, no one seem to have issues like mine.

I used
RX480-30MhOTB
480LowEnergyOK
from Eliovp.

And I am on win10

I didn't really get what is this one RX480Mod.zip (original backup?)

I will try to revert the bios that is messed up.

Thanks for any help

Ho w you have use this bios with sapphire nitro 8gb ? I have try and didnt work so i found i good bios for nitro 8gb i can give link if need.

Can you share link?

Best regards
Hello dear

Good mod thanks to creator

i have one problem i flashed 4 cards 3 work ok but one card only black screen  not boot and reflash backup bios work again default .where is the problem?

Best regards
Cards are pretty different, even same series. Maybe that one can't go same settings?

i tried all 3 mods and same
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hello dear

i have one problem i flashed 4 cards 3 work ok but one card only black screen  not boot and reflash backup bios work again default .where is the problem?

Best regards
Cards are pretty different, even same series. Maybe that one can't go same settings?
Hello dear

Best regards
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Asus Radeon RX470 4GB OC Gaming?
XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB?
Sapphire Radeon RX480 4GB Nitro+?

which should i choose? any bios for the above?

Asus Radeon RX470 4GB OC Gaming
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
does someone moddede the 480 XFX 8gb non ref? I could really use the bios, or i could do it my self through polaris bios editor?
Activity: 21
Asus Radeon RX470 4GB OC Gaming?
XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB?
Sapphire Radeon RX480 4GB Nitro+?

which should i choose? any bios for the above?
Activity: 421
Merit: 100

Grin Grin Grin  Wink Wink Wink

Its with DUAL mining....

Ok, I'm impressed!  Grin

Is this stock or mod ROM? Reference card? 4 GB or 8 GB?

I would love to get 25~26 MH/s with ~50 watt...

Can you please help me?

Thanks  Cheesy

That is 45W from the GPU reading. If you add another 70W from the PCIE slot, that is 115W in total, for 130W from the wall.

I think you are refering to the older days mobo... power efficient mobo are out there ...

max eff mobo is at 35-40w... pro BTC is at 55, and what I measured , if GPU takes 45w , rest of the card should be at 40-50w. And titanium PSU will take some 5-6% from whole power ( some 50-60W if it is 1000W psu with 6 cards )....

That is right. But most people do not have the Titan, they usually have the gold with about 8-10%.

I used to use the gold PSU. I have changed gradually to Platinum. My elelctricity price is quite high.
Pages:
Jump to: