Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 29. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
flashed RX480-30MhOTB on my 2 units of XFX RX480 8gb Reference, it does run up to 30Mh/s however it wasn't that consistent (dropping down to 23-27 most of the time), is there something else i should look at from Radeon software tweak?
Im using XFX black Oc edition and i get 30mhs but, now i reflash my card to get lower electric fee, im use room 29mhs boysie
Activity: 686
flashed RX480-30MhOTB on my 2 units of XFX RX480 8gb Reference, it does run up to 30Mh/s however it wasn't that consistent (dropping down to 23-27 most of the time), is there something else i should look at from Radeon software tweak?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Probably the wrong forum thread, but can anyone point me to Radeon Fury X BIOS mods to lower power consumption? Thanks!
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
Small test with RX 470 Nitro 8 GB Smiley

Neither of these pages will load for me, will you or someone that got it to load share an alternate link?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
yeah.. well, already changed my post a little bit.. should count to 10 before i reply.. that's that little child in me i guess..

My apologies!

on another topic...

question:

this crimson 16.9.1 seems to ignore device sigs for modded roms.... so your 480lowenergyOK.rom was a breeze with this driver. Very stable now at 29MHs and watts under 100w per card.

Now.... using the same 16.9.1, do you think I could use your old Nano roms still with the 16.9.1 and achieve 29-30MHs without messing with Afterburner or Wattman?

Hey Citronick,

I have bad experience with the 16.9.1, so i'm staying with 16.8.2 for now.

I should test that, i still have a few nano's left.
And if the drivers are ok, you should be perfectly able to set the rom so you won't need to touch anything.

Greetings

super!

The 16.9.1 is good for me on the 480s.

I hope I can get the Nano finally fully running all cylinders under 100w like 480s.

any progress on the Nano's new LOW POWER 29 MH/s version?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
When you type "original BIOS' for RX 480 8Gb XFX reference card " into google search box - That is second result listed  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Guys,

Please upload somewhere your original BIOS' for RX 480 8Gb XFX reference card

I need to re-flash one of the cards back

Thank you
Maybe this helps?
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?manufacturer=XFX&model=RX+480
Activity: 742
Guys,

Please upload somewhere your original BIOS' for RX 480 8Gb XFX reference card

I need to re-flash one of the cards back

Thank you
Activity: 711
Merit: 270
very cold. any roms for 4GB card?
Activity: 10
So is there a custom bios for the 4gb cards or is this only going to work for 8gb ones ?
Hey, I kinda was not thinking all too much when applying the BIOS onto my Asus rx480 4gb model, turns out after the windows 7 logo it wont display anything more, with it being the 2ndary card it wont be recognized inside of windows and it cant even be found from the ati flash when running it off an usb stick with freedos from rufus on it (even if it is the only card in the system, just funny how it displays the msdos but it wont be recognized from it). So can anyone maybe help , does it matter which version of ati flash i used to do that since i think the one i got from that tutorial is a bit outdated. I saved the stock bios through gpuz though just cant find a way to get it back on it :/ .
Help is much apreciated!
EDIT: I somehow was able to boot back up to windows 7 with the card after i saw that it was recognized inside the safe mode in which i then just deleted the device manager entry of it which seemed to have worked. And i also enabled the windows 7 admin account in the safe mode.
Use last Atiflash, and use it to save bios not gpuz. Try to use integrated graphic and uninstal ati drivers etc...You can google how to reflash bricked card

As i may not have fully described, a normal reflash wasnt possible since it would find the card over a dos usb nor would it boot into win7 fully, but it still displayed win 7 in safe mode which allowed me to delete the card out of the Device manager and activate the admin account. After that i was able to boot back into windows 7 normaly and flashed my stock bios onto it. Stoll thx !!
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hey, I kinda was not thinking all too much when applying the BIOS onto my Asus rx480 4gb model, turns out after the windows 7 logo it wont display anything more, with it being the 2ndary card it wont be recognized inside of windows and it cant even be found from the ati flash when running it off an usb stick with freedos from rufus on it (even if it is the only card in the system, just funny how it displays the msdos but it wont be recognized from it). So can anyone maybe help , does it matter which version of ati flash i used to do that since i think the one i got from that tutorial is a bit outdated. I saved the stock bios through gpuz though just cant find a way to get it back on it :/ .
Help is much apreciated!
EDIT: I somehow was able to boot back up to windows 7 with the card after i saw that it was recognized inside the safe mode in which i then just deleted the device manager entry of it which seemed to have worked. And i also enabled the windows 7 admin account in the safe mode.
Use last Atiflash, and use it to save bios not gpuz. Try to use integrated graphic and uninstal ati drivers etc...You can google how to reflash bricked card
legendary
Help is much apreciated!
Hello,
I had the same problem, but starting windows (10) in secure mode helped. Doing so allowed me to access the card via atiflash (although flashing back the original BIOS did not work for some reason).
Help is much apreciated!
Activity: 13
@lynxchat

1100@1650       23.8Mh 74W -> 74 W is the Value from GPU-Z? or from the Wall?

lg

GPU-Z is not accurate, not even close to accurate, not at all. My 3 GPU's are consuming 200 W according to the GPU-Z, but in actual, they are consuming somewhat like 400 W. I'm extremely sad with their software feature by the way. Roll Eyes

I try with wattmeter and report real power.
legendary
Does this BIOS also apply for the XFX Radeon RX480 RS?

Well I tried to apply those BIOS on my XFX versions, the Windows 10 crashed, and immediately an error appeared. I repeated the process and same error occurred again. You can try as well, but make sure that you try with one GPU first. I didn't lose anything after the restart by the way.
Thank you for sharing this. I also tried to adjust the stock BIOS from my Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ GPUs which lead to the same problem. So I am asking for good GPUs including a Mod, seems that reference cards are hard to get these days.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

Well I tried to apply those BIOS on my XFX versions, the Windows 10 crashed, and immediately an error appeared. I repeated the process and same error occurred again. You can try as well, but make sure that you try with one GPU first. I didn't lose anything after the restart by the way.
Activity: 421
Merit: 100

I think it only applies to the reference cards which have only 6pin PCIE connectors and blower fans only.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: