Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 33. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Hi , I think I'm missing something here...  I am running windows 10 with 480x (reference). I installed 16.9.1 drivers. I flashed 480LowEnergyOK.rom (flashed ok - CRC changed on card).

Performance is exactly the same as with the stock rom - pulling 235watts at wall (entire system), 87watts according to gpu-z, hashing at 29.3mhz or thereabouts at 2200mhz memory (the highest my card can handle without crashing).

Am I missing something here?  Did I miss a step?  Surely this rom will change my default out-of-the-box performance or power draw?    My understanding is I don't need to disable signature checking or anything like that for 16.9.1 drivers - I hope this is correct.

Thanks for any guidance - it seems like I am doing something wrong I think...

Hi Ozoner99. From your statement your cards are working CORRECTLY. If you run a fully stock XFX 480 reference ( the same cards that I have) you will mine at about 24.6 MHs.

With these mods you are getting about 5 MHs more hashing speed while reducing the energy draw. My GPU-z consistantly showed around 115-120 watts on stock settings, and with the modded bios it is the same 87-90 watts as you said.

Congrats on the successful mod.

You can always try reflashing your card back to stock bios and comparing to that.
Activity: 546
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
I have found these:
480LowEnergyOK.rom
RX480-30MhOTBLowEnergy.rom
RX480-31.8HighPower.rom
RX480Mod.rom

Am i using the correct one for low power 480LowEnergyOK.rom? Can you tell me hashrate & gpu-z watt of the other?
From my measurements 480LowEnergyOK.rom should be called 480_29mhash_85watt.rom
I have not yet tested for hours so is this the correct rom for low power?

I am pretty sure you are getting right hashrate with that rom. With MhOTB you should get around 30.5-31
with high power usage is 125W ish for 1 Mh increase.
I had all the roms but my pc crashed. Can you please share a link with all these roms? That will be great.
TIA
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Are there any ROMs for the Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 480? I tried the 480LowEnergyOK.rom and I get the error 'UVD not responding, trying to reset the VCPU!!!'

Luckily there is a VBIOS switch I can flip Smiley

EDIT: Also, any 4GB ROMs for the MSI RX 480?
Is anybody able to mod ROM for ANY aftermarket card? @ Elio : any intensions that way?

Sure thing, got a few things on my list to share in the upcoming weeks.

Are there any ROMs for the Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 480? I tried the 480LowEnergyOK.rom and I get the error 'UVD not responding, trying to reset the VCPU!!!'

Is anybody able to mod ROM for ANY aftermarket card? @ Elio : any intensions that way?
I am not even able to  use ati(win)flash with my Sapphire Nitro+ 4 GB RX480. It always claims that no adapter is found (although Radeon drivers are installed and I could play with Wattman).
What did you do to get so far (even though you are getting an error)?
When you have installed driver ( W10, 16.9.1 ) and put other card or change slot - you have to wait for card to be recognized ( up to hour, sometimes with 1 or 2 restarts ) ...
Do you have to insert the card into the X16 slot on the board or does it work with risers as well?

Works perfectly fine.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

I am not even able to  use ati(win)flash with my Sapphire Nitro+ 4 GB RX480. It always claims that no adapter is found (although Radeon drivers are installed and I could play with Wattman).
When you have installed driver ( W10, 16.9.1 ) and put other card or change slot - you have to wait for card to be recognized ( up to hour, sometimes with 1 or 2 restarts ) ...
Do you have to insert the card into the X16 slot on the board or does it work with risers as well?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I quoted it, but for rookie - it is less fuss

OK, thanks Smiley

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

legendary

Yes - Sapphire and XFX non-ref 4GB and 8GB.
Great: those two I cant buy here. BTW are they (bioses) for sale? What hash/power you got ?
legendary

Be sure to have removed all other cards ...

Simple question: Why?
Is it impossible to flash only one card with others present in the system?

I quoted it, but for rookie - it is less fuss
Activity: 50

Be sure to have removed all other cards ...

Simple question: Why?
Is it impossible to flash only one card with others present in the system?

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

legendary

legendary
Hello,

i have an ASUS RX 480 (GPU Device Id: 0x1002 0x67DF 113-D0090101-100 67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS01 (C) 1988-2010) Card with the
BIOS Version: 2016-06-14 04:43:00   015.050.000.000.000000   PCI-E

When i try the modified BIOS, i get the Error "invalid Sub-ID".

Then i tried the modification (Memory Clock, etc.)  with the Polaris Editor manuell, but then the System don't accept the Card.
In Windows 10 the Card will be displayed with a problem, in my Linux the card won't detected.
Has anybody an idea?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Zimbo

You should do bios from DOS window : ( go with 16.9.1 drivers )
"In Windows:
Place the winflash files in a folder named "winflash" in C: root.
Place the bios in the same folder and name it bios.rom

When that is done, right click on the windows menu and click on "Command Prompt (Admin)
Back up to C: root using the command "cd.. + enter" several times.
When you are at "C:\>" go to winflash folder: "cd winflash"
When you see this: "C:\Winflash>" you are at the right place.

Be sure to have removed all other cards or unplug the risers/power cables except för the card you want to flash.

Start flashing it with the command: atiwinflash -f -p 0 bios.rom
Note that i had my card in slot "p 0" that is the pcie slot number.

Now it should be flashing and it will take around 20-30 seconds.
After it is finished, reboot your system to see that it aint dead "black picture"
If it works flash the rest of you gpu:s except the one that you keep as original.

When all other cards are flashed, leave theme at side and put your card with original bios in the system. Be sure to clean any old drivers."
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
Hello,

i have an ASUS RX 480 (GPU Device Id: 0x1002 0x67DF 113-D0090101-100 67DFHB.15.50.0.0.AS01 (C) 1988-2010) Card with the

Then i tried the modification (Memory Clock, etc.)  with the Polaris Editor manuell, but then the System don't accept the Card.
In Windows 10 the Card will be displayed with a problem, in my Linux the card won't detected.
Has anybody an idea?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Zimbo

Driver version?
With 16.9.1 it should be detected easily. Otherwise you should update your driver or modify windows to accept custom BIOS.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Hello,

Has anybody an idea?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Zimbo
Activity: 413
RX480-31.8HighPower.rom         125w   31.5mh
RX480-30MhOTBLowEnergy.rom  100w   30.5mh
480LowEnergyOK.rom               85w     29mh
RX480Mod.rom                        105w    28mh

the 480LowEnergyOK.rom is the most efficient

That is what GPU-z says, but not real power...

of course real power is more. just something to compare. i saw my plug on the wall and could also see the raises in watt. from 320 it even reached 400. its better than nothing. dont like it? dont see it Tongue
my power meter on the wall confirmed that the lowest power usage come from 480LowEnergyOK.rom while maintaining 29mhash

nice result, currently im using 480LowEnergyOK.rom, in dualmining i get 28mhs+300mhs with 102watt
i think it's still profitable than use only ethereum mining
Activity: 615

of course real power is more. just something to compare. i saw my plug on the wall and could also see the raises in watt. from 320 it even reached 400. its better than nothing. dont like it? dont see it Tongue
my power meter on the wall confirmed that the lowest power usage come from 480LowEnergyOK.rom while maintaining 29mhash

GPUz reports the power used by the graphics chip itself.  A watt meter is able to report the power (delta) of the whole card: graphics chip, memory chips, VRMs, etc.

Each memory chip probably consumes about 5W of power or so.  These cards probably have 8 or 16 chips on them.
Activity: 742

Could you please specify in topic that it is for 8Gb card? Otherwise many people mistakenly try to flash 4G cards

Activity: 656
Buy a gun!

Activity: 742
Activity: 21

Pages:
Jump to: