Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 32. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
Nop, signing problems persists.. not even rebooting with option No7.
Pools Of Honor
sadly no driver signing... not matter what... should I reinstall windows? would that make a difference.?
Pools Of Honor
lastest claymore is version 7? can someone post me a correct bat file? for nanopool?

For the moment now, I flashed them back to original bios... the signing mod wasn't activating for some reason.. and all gpus where with ! on the device manager.

I will boot into safe mode, replace the file, boot back on test mode, run the signing mod, and then flash the cards with the low memory?
Are the steps correct right?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Hello everyone.. I ve done everything on 4 x 480 sapphire ref, 8gb edition.. but I get only 23-27 mhash up and down all the time. I am using the ethminer, and replaced the genoils 116.

Can someone point me to another miner? to achieve at least 29mhash?

This is what I did when I had that problem:

1. Run AMD clean driver uninstaller
2. Manually check to make sure EVERYTHING AMD is off your computer.
3. Plug all your GPUs into your PC.
4. Download the 16.9.X latest driver.
5. When you can see all 4 of your GPUS and they are recognized as "working properly" DISABLE all of them on Device Manager.
6. Flash your cards with the 29 MHs low power ROM
7. Enable each of your cards from Device Manager
8. Restart computer
9. Run the latest version of Claymore miner and you should have 29 MHs.

As I said, thats at least what I did and it worked. Win 7 pro
Pools Of Honor
I installed the latest drivers, then replaced the moded file... and flashed the cards.. Even with the high power bios, I get 25-27, with lowerpower bioses I cant get them to work anymore... the driver stops responding...
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hello everyone.. I ve done everything on 4 x 480 sapphire ref, 8gb edition.. but I get only 23-27 mhash up and down all the time. I am using the ethminer, and replaced the genoils 116.

Have you tried Claymore GPU miner and some different settings in the WattMan? Did you try to update the driver version to the latest one?
Pools Of Honor

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
maybe with more gpus than one result is better. i only have one. so half of my total watt is wasted on the pc

It's not wasted , your memory and memory controller using it . Set the memory voltage to 950 , 925 , 900 , 880 with wattman. Find the stable settings where your not loosing from the hashing speed,  and you can save a lot of extra watts .

I am talking about cpu - ram - motherboard watt. with only 1 gpu, half of the total watt are consumed on all the other components of the pc.
I am here right now with another rom and i am quite happy. dont think it can get much lower
https://s11.postimg.org/bhtatjpyb/2016_09_15_025508.jpg
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
maybe with more gpus than one result is better. i only have one. so half of my total watt is wasted on the pc

It's not wasted , your memory and memory controller using it . Set the memory voltage to 950 , 925 , 900 , 880 with wattman. Find the stable settings where your not loosing from the hashing speed,  and you can save a lot of extra watts .
Activity: 13
I make rom for MSI RX470 Gaming X 8Gb
it make 28-28.2 Mh (Etherium single mode) -10% GPU, 1800 Mhz RAM  and eating 120W

I try to make more energy saving rom, but can't.
In few minutes my new rom make 26.6 Mh use 78W, but after I can't repeat. I make RAM clock 1500Mhz to 1600Mhz, and video adapter start trolling (GPU frequency down to 800-850Mhz and GPU Voltage up from 0.85V to 1.15V)

Maybe I can make voltmod to fix voltage? Or any ideas?

Rom I send to fileshare in next topic.
Must be other super hungry parts of your PC that are causing it to use so much power.

There are multiple people on the Ethereum forums who report powering 6x AMD 480s with 750 watt at the wall.
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Buy a gun!
Are there any ROMs for the Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 480? I tried the 480LowEnergyOK.rom and I get the error 'UVD not responding, trying to reset the VCPU!!!'

Luckily there is a VBIOS switch I can flip Smiley

EDIT: Also, any 4GB ROMs for the MSI RX 480?
Is anybody able to mod ROM for ANY aftermarket card? @ Elio : any intensions that way?

Yes - Sapphire and XFX non-ref 4GB and 8GB.

Which ROMs are downloadable for the mentioned GPUs?
Don't get confused with that reading with gpuz. As it says that number is "GPU only power draw" it's not the whole vga card ! Your  card have another power hungry parts too :-) There is the memory controller and the memory itself :-) and a few more parts . GpuZ not measuring you graphic card power usage , only how much watts your gpu using !!! The 2 things are not the same !!!

you have read my post and you found me confused? i am trying to explain using my measurements how the gpu-z number can be used to find actual power draw of the whole card. of course these are totaly different numbers and try reading again if you are confused. I am saying nowhere that these are the same numbers. the exapt opposite. in fact in my system the whole card draws DOUBLE THAN WHAT THE GPU-Z SAYS. maybe you should read more carefully to what i am saying
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
Don't get confused with that reading with gpuz. As it says that number is "GPU only power draw" it's not the whole vga card ! Your  card have another power hungry parts too :-) There is the memory controller and the memory itself :-) and a few more parts . GpuZ not measuring you graphic card power usage , only how much watts your gpu using !!! The 2 things are not the same !!!
about the actual wattage of each card:
i was using wattman settings for lowest possible watt, gpu-z showed 50w and wall said 265w
I changed to a rom for 29mhash, gpu-z shows 67watt and wall says 300w
gpu-z says difference 17watt, wall says difference 35watt.

other test:
without mining pc wall 180w
with mining pc wall 310w
gpu-z says 67watt and wall shows 130w difference!

so i conclude that the actual power draw of the gpu is almost the DOUBLE of what gpu-z says at least on my setup

Eliovp any news of your 65watt 29mhash rom? the 85watt 29mhash seems a bit dated.
https://s11.postimg.org/bhtatjpyb/2016_09_15_025508.jpg
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Yep should work just fine since those are reference cards.

Thanks for the reply  Smiley
Yep should work just fine since those are reference cards.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I have an opportunity to get a few of these http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129322 for ~$250 USD each.

Will this/these roms work with them?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
@ Elio : any intensions that way?

Sure thing, got a few things on my list to share in the upcoming weeks.

That's great! Hope you start with ASUS ( Giga, MSI ) etc :-) ...  I'm here for testing   :-)
Pages:
Jump to: