Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 35. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
30.3m gpu 60w

What are your cards brand? Drivers? What is the ROM?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Temp 80 C ? A bit hot?
gpu-z Watt 85W ?
should i mess with fan or anything or its ok?
using 480LowEnergyOK.rom with 16.9.1 and CDM 7.0 mining at ethpool.org, running approx 2 days now - very stable holding 29MHs per GPU.

This 16.9.1 seems to be the life saver....

Your cards (I think you have Sapphires) held it well even with previous drivers. I'm trying to understand what causes the drop in hashrate of my XFX.

This is why I asked akaloith about stability of hashing

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
yeah.. well, already changed my post a little bit.. should count to 10 before i reply.. that's that little child in me i guess..

My apologies!

on another topic...

question:

this crimson 16.9.1 seems to ignore device sigs for modded roms.... so your 480lowenergyOK.rom was a breeze with this driver. Very stable now at 29MHs and watts under 100w per card.

Now.... using the same 16.9.1, do you think I could use your old Nano roms still with the 16.9.1 and achieve 29-30MHs without messing with Afterburner or Wattman?

Hey Citronick,

I have bad experience with the 16.9.1, so i'm staying with 16.8.2 for now.

I should test that, i still have a few nano's left.
And if the drivers are ok, you should be perfectly able to set the rom so you won't need to touch anything.

Greetings

super!

The 16.9.1 is good for me on the 480s.

I hope I can get the Nano finally fully running all cylinders under 100w like 480s.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I have reference rx480 8gb & win 10 64bit
I flashed it with 480LowEnergyOK.rom using "atiflash -p -f 0 480lowenergyOK.rom" (cmd.exe with Admin rights)
I have latest 16.9.1 to avoid signing etc
I get these:

Temp 80 C ? A bit hot?
gpu-z Watt 85W ?
should i mess with anything or its ok?

Are these hashrates stable over a couple of hours?

using 480LowEnergyOK.rom with 16.9.1 and CDM 7.0 mining at ethpool.org, running approx 2 days now - very stable holding 29MHs per GPU.

This 16.9.1 seems to be the life saver....
I have found these:
480LowEnergyOK.rom
RX480-30MhOTBLowEnergy.rom
RX480-31.8HighPower.rom
RX480Mod.rom

Am i using the correct one for low power 480LowEnergyOK.rom? Can you tell me hashrate & gpu-z watt of the other?
From my measurements 480LowEnergyOK.rom should be called 480_29mhash_85watt.rom
I have not yet tested for hours so is this the correct rom for low power?
I flashed it with 480LowEnergyOK.rom using "atiflash -p -f 0 480lowenergyOK.rom" (cmd.exe with Admin rights)
I get these:

Temp 80 C ? A bit hot?
gpu-z Watt 85W ?

Are these hashrates stable over a couple of hours?
I get these:
https://s18.postimg.org/q6k8h148p/2016_09_13_043314.jpg
https://s12.postimg.org/5qufv4el9/2016_09_13_044108.jpg

Temp 80 C ? A bit hot?
gpu-z Watt 85W ?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
yeah.. well, already changed my post a little bit.. should count to 10 before i reply.. that's that little child in me i guess..

My apologies!

on another topic...

question:

this crimson 16.9.1 seems to ignore device sigs for modded roms.... so your 480lowenergyOK.rom was a breeze with this driver. Very stable now at 29MHs and watts under 100w per card.

Now.... using the same 16.9.1, do you think I could use your old Nano roms still with the 16.9.1 and achieve 29-30MHs without messing with Afterburner or Wattman?

Hey Citronick,

I have bad experience with the 16.9.1, so i'm staying with 16.8.2 for now.

I should test that, i still have a few nano's left.
And if the drivers are ok, you should be perfectly able to set the rom so you won't need to touch anything.

Greetings
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

My apologies!

on another topic...

question:

Activity: 75

Now yes,all 4 do now 30 MH at nicely 77W in GPU-Z.

GPU-Z 77W is bs if you ask me, check a real power consumption.

Agree,real it is probably a lot higher but at least i can see improvement ,i mean i can count the improvement with lowering the volts.

legendary
Huh?

My apologies!
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
have you disable the crossfire?

Weird,i flashed 4 cards independtly with modded bios,got 30 mh on everyone,then put all 4 working together,got one 30 and rest 27.5-28 max,same values on freq/voltages/power limit.

I suppose i can gain 2 Mh from super tuning ram latency but i lack the time to debug hex code and Heliox is rather on bragging but sharing so i kindly ask The Stilt to make light on this matter and help us all with his great knowledge.

You gotta be seriously kidding me right?

Have you even seen what i already shared??

I shared like 200 Nano roms, at least 3 or 4 RX480 roms (which do seriously increase your hashrate), it wasn't for my post about this, not even 10% would have had a decent speed.. Oh, almost forgot, also shared a faster 380 rom a few months ago and a 370 rom..

So please, before you start complaining, get your facts straight!
+ i never share anything before i'm 100% certain that it's stable enough.

People like you make me never want to share anything anymore. You're probably one of those people that only take, and never give..

Sorry for my small outburst, but these kind of reactions push out the worst in me..

The fact that you just lose your patience with such people is logical. Let them talk.
Like you said, you shared more rom's than ANY of us and you are helping everyone.

Dum3... stfu...

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

GPU-Z 77W is bs if you ask me, check a real power consumption.
legendary
Huh?

Weird,i flashed 4 cards independtly with modded bios,got 30 mh on everyone,then put all 4 working together,got one 30 and rest 27.5-28 max,same values on freq/voltages/power limit.

I suppose i can gain 2 Mh from super tuning ram latency but i lack the time to debug hex code and Heliox is rather on bragging but sharing so i kindly ask The Stilt to make light on this matter and help us all with his great knowledge.

You gotta be seriously kidding me right?

Have you even seen what i already shared??

I shared like 200 Nano roms, at least 3 or 4 RX480 roms (which have helped more people than i could even imagine), not sure, but i do recall that i'm the one who shared this in the first place..

Oh, almost forgot, also shared a faster 380 rom a few months ago and a 370 rom..

So please, before you start complaining, get your facts straight!
+ i never share anything before i'm 100% certain that it's stable enough.

People like you make me never want to share anything anymore. You're probably one of those people that only take, and never give..

Sorry for my small outburst, but these kind of reactions push out the worst in me..
Activity: 75

Activity: 366
Also running the low power rom ( Boysie version not Heliox, its like 99% the same rom tho, 29 MH at ~88-90 Watts.)

90 Watts according to GPU-Z or thats a real power consumption from the wall?
Activity: 546
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
I had to turn off crossfire in order to get my cards to flash properly.

Also running the low power rom ( Boysie version not Heliox, its like 99% the same rom tho, 29 MH at ~88-90 Watts.)

Good times good times.

I told myself I wouldnt buy antoher 6 gpus but... but... maybe if the wife doesnt find out... could hide it downstairs... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 77

Pages:
Jump to: