Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 36. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

Created one custom bios rom for one of my XFX card , flashed successfully, but with the modded bios , Windows 10 did not recognized the card , or I would say it did , but got a error msg something like there is a problem with the device , so flashed back the saved original bios file and now win 10 recognized the card ...
How did you flash your GPU? Which software do you use?

Used AtiFlash2.7.4 and polaris bios editor.
Last night i upgraded to amd driver 16.9.1 , re flashed my modded bios , windows recognized the card without any problem.
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
This mods are good only in ETH solo mode or even in dual mining ?
I would be interested in some tests on ETH+SIA.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Weird,i flashed 4 cards independtly with modded bios,got 30 mh on everyone,then put all 4 working together,got one 30 and rest 27.5-28 max,same values on freq/voltages/power limit.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi guys!

It is possible that soon someone modding BIOS non-reference card (example XFX GTR XXX) Huh better performance and better energy efficiency!
Currently MAX. 28 MHs and 83watt and stable more than 1 week

and one more question:
How is it possible to change by polaris bios editor TIMING? This hexadecimal?! Sorry for the stupid question but my not overclocking guru  Grin

Thank you!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
My current stable result with PowerColor Red Dragon RX480 8gb
Core/mem 1275/[email protected] both

eth 30.2 / sc 450
gpu-z power draw 110 watt

is that the best result? i remember a 600+ on sia and still 27-28 on eth?
This card is similar to reference, only 6pin power and not so good cooling solution without memory cooling.
So I cannot push it to high. I can increase SC with -dcri more then 30 but I won't do that.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

eth 30.2 / sc 450

is that the best result? i remember a 600+ on sia and still 27-28 on eth?
legendary

eth 30.2 / sc 450
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I installed the 16.9.1 drivers and flashed with the 480LowEnergyOK.mod. It worked and the cards accepted the flash.

Ran the miner and got 15 MH/S on each card. Not quite good enough. Flashed Boysies' 29 MH/s Low energy ROM and works fine. 29 MH/s and 90W from GPU-Z.

Only problem is after about 1.5 hours with Claymore miner the hash on gpu 1 drops from 29 down to 26.5... very strange....

Anybody else having this issue?

I did not use the Boysie version.

I used the 480lowenergyOK.rom one from Heliox, no issues and stable with Claymore ETH mining only.

6 x RX480s, 29.77MHs per GPU = 174-176MHs running since last night., GPUZ reports 96watts on the card.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

Created one custom bios rom for one of my XFX card , flashed successfully, but with the modded bios , Windows 10 did not recognized the card , or I would say it did , but got a error msg something like there is a problem with the device , so flashed back the saved original bios file and now win 10 recognized the card ...
How did you flash your GPU? Which software do you use?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
Installed today the newest AMD driver ( 16.9.1 ) on my setup 2x6 RX 480 ( not reference cards )
Here is my build topic :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-build-info-3-psu-3-mobo-16-cards-combo-for-eth-480mhs-1614386

Without any modifications or tune , the  mobo + 6xRx480 non reference card is pulling around 1100watts at the wall .
After a little play with wattman, I successfully reduced the power usage to 750 watts , without increasing the memory speed at this point the 6 card was hashing with 148-149 MH/s (around 24.7 MH/s each card )

Pushed the memory speed to (4x) 2100 , power consumption increased to 760-780 watts , with a 155-156 MH/s hashing power . ( around 26 MH/s  each card )

Just to be clear , if I'm running my rig with up to 3 cards , I'm able to get close to 28MH/s each ... With 6 cards is a little bit different :-(

I did not tried this with the newest driver installed 16.9.1 just read about the modded bios check is disabled in the latest driver . So it's time to go try again a few mods :-)
Activity: 77
mine also dropping sometimes.
drop to 22 or 25mhs.
but it only once or twice per screen.
it goes back to 29 afterwards.

there are several question just like this.
i think it is normal but maybe Claymore can explain this.

regards,
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
I installed the 16.9.1 drivers and flashed with the 480LowEnergyOK.mod. It worked and the cards accepted the flash.

Ran the miner and got 15 MH/S on each card. Not quite good enough. Flashed Boysies' 29 MH/s Low energy ROM and works fine. 29 MH/s and 90W from GPU-Z.

Only problem is after about 1.5 hours with Claymore miner the hash on gpu 1 drops from 29 down to 26.5... very strange....

Anybody else having this issue?
Activity: 588
BitcoreService.com
I have used 16.9.1 combined with 480lowenergyok.rom for 2 days.
mining at 29-30Mhs.
no checking etc.
will try 4 or 5 gpu, still waiting for usb pci-e riser from china.

@Lion Bitcoin
it draw about 65W with 2 gpu attached but not mining.
so each graphic card draws about 160W.
maybe ill try later without any gpu attached.
its not so bad eh?
where do you live btw?
I'm at post code 17530
I think we are neighbours haha...

regards,

update,
power draw from the wall is about 55-57W idle.
I use desktop SATA HDD, not ssd.
Sempron 140
ram 2x4gb corsair
psu CX500
mobo amd va890gx

next I will try on asus trooper with 5 pci-e slots or 990fxa gd5 with 6 pci-e slots. may both.
have platimax 1700W available in workshop.

im from post code 59571  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
we from same country Smiley
that's a good testing. i apreciate it, the real watt can help me to prepare new electric instalation.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
AMD has disabled modded bios check in new 16.9.1 drivers ))) YES-YES-YES!!!

I just updated my 6 x Sapphire 480s with 16.9.1 with the low energy rom mod from Heliox.....

Solid running Claymore Dual Miner v6.4 for 3 hours now, 28.33MHs - 29.36MHs per GPU, total 176MHs!

GPUZ report 96w per card - haven't done a quick check using kill-o-watt to measure the actual power draw.

If this is stable overnight, this should be the way to go and avoid that "device signing on test mode" thingy.

So far no throttling down.... keep fingers crossed!

NOTE:
I did a quick test running Claymore's XMR Monero miner on the same rig...... after 10 minutes, rig hangs with black screen!!! Strange... but why?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hey guys.

I've also been playing around a bit to find an optimal setting Hash/watt.

This is where i am so far.

http://www.mininghwcomparison.com/29-8avg65gpuz.PNG

Will probably get it better though :p

This looking awesome for me because the electricity is not cheap here, if you can share the rom Heliox, all miners community will appreciate probably.

PS : did someone know if a video tutorial is online for flash the Bios of the gpus for Ref RX480, cause i don't speak a very good english, and i don't understand all steps described in precedent posts

Thanks.
Activity: 77
I have used 16.9.1 combined with 480lowenergyok.rom for 2 days.
mining at 29-30Mhs.
no checking etc.
will try 4 or 5 gpu, still waiting for usb pci-e riser from china.

@Lion Bitcoin
it draw about 65W with 2 gpu attached but not mining.
so each graphic card draws about 160W.
maybe ill try later without any gpu attached.
its not so bad eh?
where do you live btw?
I'm at post code 17530
I think we are neighbours haha...

regards,

update,
power draw from the wall is about 55-57W idle.
I use desktop SATA HDD, not ssd.
Sempron 140
ram 2x4gb corsair
psu CX500
mobo amd va890gx

next I will try on asus trooper with 5 pci-e slots or 990fxa gd5 with 6 pci-e slots. may both.
have platimax 1700W available in workshop.

legendary
So we don't need reboot in safe mod, disable signature checking and so on ?
Yes, new drivers "from the box" work well with any modded bios ))
Activity: 653

So we don't need reboot in safe mod, disable signature checking and so on ?
Activity: 752
Merit: 501

That is excellent news. I think I will buy the RX 480 eventually.
Activity: 588
BitcoreService.com
guys,

i have an update,

i put a watt meter to see the real power draw from the wall.
i use :
Claymore 7.0
480lowenergyok.rom BIG thanks for Eliovp
rx480 8gb ref card, power color and xfx.
old amd mobo with sempron 140
ram 2x4gb
driver 16.9.1
psu corsair CX500
win10
hdd sata 160gb hitachi
ribbon riser on second gpu just to make sure it can work with riser, planning to use 4 gpu's.
hashing at 29MHs per gpu.

1 gpu, power color, draw 199-205W
1 gpu, xfx, draw 195W
2 gpu, draw 355-365W

while the gpu-z says it draw 85-90W, the real power draw per gpu is about 155W
so there is 50% diff between gpu-s and my power meter.

edit:
hashing rate sometimes fall to 25-27 mhs,
fan 83-85%
temp about 66C

is this normal?

regards,

that's make me very sad the real power is very high for Rx 480 Sad
today i have plan to buy watt meter, but after i know your result, that's make me not interesting to buy more Rx 480 because the realwatt very high.

anyway can you ceck the real watt of your rig without VGA ?

Im still use 16.8.2 Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: