Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 42. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
I have modded (480LowEnergyOK) my XFX rx480 8gb cards now and it works almost perfect.
The first 1-2hours the cards stay at a stable 29mhash, then they will wobble between 24-27 mhash.

I think it has something to do with the temp, but i can't see anything in gpu-z? (my onboard graphics control my screen)

What is there to do?

- Reinstalled the drivers, nothing
- Did the Mod again, nothing

Card is probably throttling because it gets to hot.

Either you can increase the fan speed because it's only at 27%...
You can lower the core clock/voltage, won't be needed though because it's most likely the fanspeed..

You can also open the rom in PolarisBiosEditor and change max temp to 85 or so.

Further, that isn't normal. You should see your clocks and temp.
Do you have onboard vga turned on and a monitor attached to that?

Otherwise, yes, reinstall drivers.

Greetings

The fan goes up to 60% after a while and i already re-installed the drivers, it did not help.
Any other idea?

this is like my issue/problem at my XFX Rx480 8gb.
if the temperature reaches 80 degrees upwards then hash rate is going down to 20-25 degrees.

now im not Overclock my card, just undervolt the power -15% ( claymore -powlim -15 ), and the hashrate very stable at 28mhs
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
I have modded (480LowEnergyOK) my XFX rx480 8gb cards now and it works almost perfect.
The first 1-2hours the cards stay at a stable 29mhash, then they will wobble between 24-27 mhash.

I think it has something to do with the temp, but i can't see anything in gpu-z? (my onboard graphics control my screen)

What is there to do?

You can lower the core clock/voltage, won't be needed though because it's most likely the fanspeed..

Greetings

The fan goes up to 60% after a while and i already re-installed the drivers, it did not help.
Any other idea?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

What is there to do?

Greetings
Activity: 66
Merit: 1

What is there to do?

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 546
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
RX480-31.8HighPower.rom dual - ~29 eth, ~450 sia
RX480-31.8HighPower.rom single - >31 eth
RX480Mod.rom dual - ~27 eth, ~400 sia
RX480Mod.rom single >31 eth

Can you please provide the links for these roms? Thank you
Haven't had time to read all the replies.. sorry for that.

For the linux guys.

Rom is here: Here

For Windows 10 users, you can do this:

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.
iii) Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.

If this fails for some reason, you can reboot with Signature checks disabled by rebooting into advanced options (Hold left shift key while hitting reboot button) and hit F7.

You need to copy the modified atikmdag.sys file into your drivers folder as well (C:/Windows/System32/Drivers)

File can be found here: Here

Rom has modified timings and higher limits. (Memory 2275, higher tdp limit...)

I'll do an energy friendly rom later this week.

For the Windows 7 users, i'll look into that this week.

Greetings

Is this mod for 8 gb card or 4gb?
Activity: 742
i've flash my rx 480 8gb ref card.
hash rate increased from 23 to 25.65M
it cant go higher.

what should i do to reach 30-31mh?

regards,

That is exactly what I've got after flashing 24.5MHs - nothing helped in my case
8GB

After flashing my GPU-Z is showing only 4GB memory. Is it normal behavior?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
i've flash my rx 480 8gb ref card.
hash rate increased from 23 to 25.65M
it cant go higher.

what should i do to reach 30-31mh?

regards,

is this rom files works for windows only?

It is BIOS flashing - you can use flash cards on any system
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
I finally used my daily Win10 box to flash my MSI RX 480's (8GB) with the 480LowEnergyOK.rom file. Flashed and put back into my Ubunut 16.04 mining rig. Getting steady 28.5MH/s (171MH/s rig) and the entire rig + box fan is 995w at the wall. 4-5MH/s slower than my R9 390 (8GB) rigs but 1/2 the power. Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480's on the way, but 4GB type this time.

Smiley Super happy.

Nice rigs. Congratulation for the successful mod. The watt consumption is quite impressive.

It is BIOS flashing - you can use flash cards on any system
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Activity: 656
Buy a gun!
I finally used my daily Win10 box to flash my MSI RX 480's (8GB) with the 480LowEnergyOK.rom file. Flashed and put back into my Ubunut 16.04 mining rig. Getting steady 28.5MH/s (171MH/s rig) and the entire rig + box fan is 995w at the wall. 4-5MH/s slower than my R9 390 (8GB) rigs but 1/2 the power. Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480's on the way, but 4GB type this time.

Smiley Super happy.

okay  170 mh x 6 = 1020 watts

so it seems like  the rom mod  scales  since my best  four card rig does 101 mh at 600-610 watts

the 6 watts per mh seems to be the rate.

I do have interest in the rom if i choose to do it to a sapphire reference  or a diamond reference 8gb rx 480

what happens if I want to shoot for 25 or 26mh  on a six card rig  say 150mh  do I use the 900 watts which is the 6 watt to 1 mh scale or do I get 825 watts  and a 5.5 watts per mh.

this current  mod is useful  as you increase the hash rate and the scaling seems equal.

but also  a rom mod   that  keeps the 150mh and lowers the watts would be nice.

I'm assuming the math in your reply is about your particular setup? I'm not sure what you are asking/saying?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Smiley Super happy.

okay  170 mh x 6 = 1020 watts

so it seems like  the rom mod  scales  since my best  four card rig does 101 mh at 600-610 watts

the 6 watts per mh seems to be the rate.

I do have interest in the rom if i choose to do it to a sapphire reference  or a diamond reference 8gb rx 480

what happens if I want to shoot for 25 or 26mh  on a six card rig  say 150mh  do I use the 900 watts which is the 6 watt to 1 mh scale or do I get 825 watts  and a 5.5 watts per mh.

this current  mod is useful  as you increase the hash rate and the scaling seems equal.

but also  a rom mod   that  keeps the 150mh and lowers the watts would be nice.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Heliox,
Is there a way to avoid this signing devices thingy for the 480s?
During the Nano rom mod days, it was as simple as flash and mine,
Thanks!

someone just PM me....

"use Linux"

LOL!
Activity: 656
Buy a gun!

Smiley Super happy.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
sorry if im out of TOpic, i have R9 390 nitro any mod rom can i use to rising the hashrate  ?
Would be awesome if somebody could get a youtube video together for this and show the detailed step by step process. As I have said before, Ive tried for days and days to get this shit working and never has worked.

My custom wattman settings are good but the ROMS are 10% more hash and 10% less power than what I can do with wattman it seems.

It does not require any video

Actually citronix's tutorial is super - and it is enough

I will post here my tutorial for both Win 7 and Win 10
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Would be awesome if somebody could get a youtube video together for this and show the detailed step by step process. As I have said before, Ive tried for days and days to get this shit working and never has worked.

My custom wattman settings are good but the ROMS are 10% more hash and 10% less power than what I can do with wattman it seems.
Pages:
Jump to: