Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 44. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
must i re-flash again ?

If you have that original rom - please upload somewhere and post a link here

I will flash mine to original one
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ahhhh same problem -_-
i think it's only mine, currently im use saphire Rx 480 (ref) + XFX rx 480 black oc (reff) , im confused the core of XFX Rx 480 down from 1135 (in first running) to around 800mhz after 30minute, and the hashrate down to 24-26 too , but the saphire Rx 480 runing smoothly and very stable at 30.5mhs

any solution for this case ?

I think it is problem of XFX cards

Just by chance do you have an original BIOS for XFX card?

now both of them not stbale at 30mhs, down to 24-25
i back up the base rom of both of them..

must i re-flash again ?
Activity: 546
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
If you need original BIOS for 8 gb REFERENCE XFX cards send me a PM with your email and I will send you my backup ROM that I have.

Update:

27.3 MHs average for last 2 hours. GPU-z shows GPU 0 at 105 W (makes sense, monitor is plugged into that one). GPU 1 at 93 W.

ahhhh same problem -_-
i think it's only mine, currently im use saphire Rx 480 (ref) + XFX rx 480 black oc (reff) , im confused the core of XFX Rx 480 down from 1135 (in first running) to around 800mhz after 30minute, and the hashrate down to 24-26 too , but the saphire Rx 480 runing smoothly and very stable at 30.5mhs

I think it is problem of XFX cards

Just by chance do you have an original BIOS for XFX card?
Activity: 308
I used the "480LowEnergyOK" rom. It's been running for 4 hours now, dropped to 24-26mhash. dont know why.

Same here

I have XFX newest drivers: 16.8.3

In about 1 and half hour hashing dropped from 29.2 to 25.4MHs

Same ROM

Shall i use another rom?

If you decide to try - post your results here, plz

ahhhh same problem -_-

End result is 27.3 MHs up from 24.2, and dropped the GPU-z wattage from 116 average per card down to 106 per card.

Sure its not 29MH @ 90W, but its something  Grin

EDIT: Just turned on the Wattman "AMD Energy Effeciency". GPU power draw dropped from 106 per card down to 95 and was holding steady.

Could you please tell us:

1) Which ROMs did you dry
2) How did you restore original BIOS
3) What are your OS, drivers and CDM?

1. I tried the 480LowEnergyOK.rom file that was posted to these forums.
2. Before I did anything I made a folder and backed up my original BIO extracted from Atiflash, and the atikdmag.sys file from my system32 folder. After I had it all screwed up, I disabled both GPUs, reflashed the original bios that I extracted. Did a Win7 repair, and replaced with 16.8.3 drivers. Enabled GPUs and they are back to normal.
3. Win 7 x64 professional. 16.8.3 AMD driver, Not sure what you mean by CDM.

Everything I did to get these numbers has just been with Wattman, and the stock bios that came loaded onto my XFX reference card.
End result is 27.3 MHs up from 24.2, and dropped the GPU-z wattage from 116 average per card down to 106 per card.

EDIT: Just turned on the Wattman "AMD Energy Effeciency". GPU power draw dropped from 106 per card down to 95 and was holding steady.

Could you please tell us:

1) Which ROMs did you dry
2) How did you restore original BIOS
3) What are your OS, drivers and CDM?

I have pretty much given up on doing anything with the ROMs.

After spending days and days trying to get it to work, and having to do a clean install of windows because it f*cked my system32 folder up I just said F it.

Small success tho:

I am running my cards at stock core clock, upped GPU memory to 2200 and dropped voltage to 0.96V.

I used the "480LowEnergyOK" rom. It's been running for 4 hours now, dropped to 24-26mhash. dont know why.

Same here

I have XFX newest drivers: 16.8.3

In about 1 and half hour hashing dropped from 29.2 to 25.4MHs

Same ROM

Shall i use another rom?

If you decide to try - post your results here, plz
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
The mod works (almost) perfectly!
29-30mhash stable. 90watt.

The only problem is, Core and Memory are 0,0MHz in gpu-z. Also the GPU's are not detected by Speedfan.
What can i do?
What rom did you use ?

Shall i use another rom?
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
My cards seem to pull alot of power using the "RX480-30MhOTBLowEnergy" rom.
They pull like 190w @ 30.5Mhs

They should use around half of that so i may try another rom tomorrow.
I am aiming at around 30Mhs @ 100w ETH only

Anyone know a good rom with that spec ?

did you use Heliox ROM, "480lowenergyOK.rom" ?
Not sure where i picked up the rom, its named like i wrote it.
Need to find another one that pulls less power Smiley
if you are using afterburner or wattman, take note that there is a checkbox for applying same voltage to all cards, if you see that - uncheck it - hope that works

You will be surprised but when I've checked it for my 3x R9 390 cards all three started to mine with 3.9MHs

Smth wrong with my Win/Drivers/Hardware

Which I have to figure out how to solve - right now have 12 hours without mining Sad

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Did you sign the sys file before adding the rest of the cards in your rig ?
If you change anything in your setup like adding or removing cards you have to sign it again.
Your 480s should do 29Mhs even if they are mixed with other cards.

And to Cintronix:

I've used this one: 480lowenergyOK.rom

I've added all cards and afterwards replace the file and signed it.

When I've started mixed card's rig cards gave me 29.2MHs, but when I tried to reduce voltage on r9 390 all rx 480 dropped to 25.2MHs

Any other manipulations I performed did not resulted in any progress

its best to have same cards per rig, since this is a mod after all - you wouldn't want more unknowns to worry about.

if you are using afterburner or wattman, take note that there is a checkbox for applying same voltage to all cards, if you see that - uncheck it - hope that works
If you change anything in your setup like adding or removing cards you have to sign it again.

And to Cintronix:

I've used this one: 480lowenergyOK.rom

I've added all cards and afterwards replace the file and signed it.

When I've started mixed card's rig cards gave me 29.2MHs, but when I tried to reduce voltage on r9 390 all rx 480 dropped to 25.2MHs

Any other manipulations I performed did not resulted in any progress
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

did you use Heliox ROM, "480lowenergyOK.rom" ?

The only problem is, Core and Memory are 0,0MHz in gpu-z. Also the GPU's are not detected by Speedfan.
What can i do?
What rom did you use ?
Ok. Let's call it success

I've flashed two my cards and run a heterogeneous rig with 3x R9 390 and 2x RX 480 (flashed)

I called it "success" because after flashing each card individually with fresh driver and signed atikmdag.sys gave me 29.2 MHs

After adding all 5 cards in rig they can do exactly as they did before - 24.5 MHs

All is with CDM and single mining ETC

I'm sure if you will have only RX 480 - they will work fine, but in combination with other cards (in my case R9 390) I've got zero gain

better to make 2 rig, currently im running 2x R9 390 in custom rig, and 1 other running 2x Rx 480 (flashed)
Activity: 66
Merit: 1

What can i do?
better to make 2 rig, currently im running 2x R9 390 in custom rig, and 1 other running 2x Rx 480 (flashed)

I thought about it - will need a second MB and CPU. I have PSU 850 Gold and memory

Pages:
Jump to: