Pages:
Author

Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing - page 43. (Read 231013 times)

Activity: 568
Merit: 100
umachit.fund
Before i change roms i made another check.
GPU-Z showing under 100w powerdraw per gpu but the total consumption for four cards + system is around 738w from the wall.

738w - system 75w = 663w / 4 = 165w per gpu

Can someone confirm that their 480s @ 30Mhs pulling 100w from the wall measured with a killawatt ?

so 120 mh cost you 738 watts   gpu-z read 95 watts

I can do 101 mh at 610 watts  no flash  gpu-z read 75 watts

in both cases power is  about 6 watts an mh

6 x 101 = 606 watts
6 x 121 = 736 watts

can you try  to downclock  your 121 mh to 101 mh?  I am interested to see if you do 101 at  550 watts.

I made it i guess,

rig1 = 112.31 MH/s @ 605 watts
rig2 = 109.06 MH/s @ 570 watts
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
Thanks for the basic rom for the xfx!  Grin

If someone has any rom for my nitro+'s or can mod yourself, let me know!

found it but for 4gb version
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9489/rx480-nitro-4gb-bios-small-boost

Can i use it for the 8gb??
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Heliox,
Is there a way to avoid this signing devices thingy for the 480s?
During the Nano rom mod days, it was as simple as flash and mine,
Thanks!
can you try  to downclock  your 121 mh to 101 mh?  I am interested to see if you do 101 at  550 watts.

Phil,

It all depends on ROMs we have - theoretically it is possible to edit fily with HEX editor, but I have no idea

Also it looks like that some cards cannot hold the hashing rate, they downgrade to stock values very fast
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

GPU-Z showing under 100w powerdraw per gpu but the total consumption for four cards + system is around 738w from the wall.

Can someone confirm that their 480s @ 30Mhs pulling 100w from the wall measured with a killawatt ?

so 120 mh cost you 738 watts   gpu-z read 95 watts

I can do 101 mh at 610 watts  no flash  gpu-z read 75 watts

in both cases power is  about 6 watts an mh

6 x 101 = 606 watts
6 x 121 = 736 watts

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

found it but for 4gb version
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9489/rx480-nitro-4gb-bios-small-boost

anyway are you need the stock romof XFX black OC? i back up my old rom before flashing, if you need i will upload it.

Yes - I need a stock one from XFX reference card
Appreciate it
this is my backup..
https://ufile.io/30134

anyway are you need the stock romof XFX black OC? i back up my old rom before flashing, if you need i will upload it.

Yes - I need a stock one from XFX reference card
Appreciate it

I have an avg of 27,1 now for the last 6 hours. Running on 29 now again while i'm back. Is it possible it has something to do with the temp? ( I opened the window and it's running 29 again)
Btw, i have 3 riggs here with 5 Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb cards, which rom wil push them to 30,5? (and still have the temp's visible for me ofcourse)

Im still using heliox rom, Rx480mod, now my hashrate very stable at 28mhs, not overclock anything just undervolt -15 to get more low electric fee.

Is there a ROM for the Sapphire Nitro XFX 480 8GB card somehwere???

Maybe - but not here

Could you plz give me a link on your reference BIOS for XFX  card?

Just upload it somewhere

i see someone using mod rom for power color devil but im never see about nitro version

just information : if you using claymore software for mining, then not showing the temp & fan speed of 2nd vga you must disable crossfire at radeon setting
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

I have an avg of 27,1 now for the last 6 hours. Running on 29 now again while i'm back. Is it possible it has something to do with the temp? ( I opened the window and it's running 29 again)
Btw, i have 3 riggs here with 5 Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb cards, which rom wil push them to 30,5? (and still have the temp's visible for me ofcourse)

Mine do not depend on temperature

There is no rom for non-reference cards yet

Oops, i just flashed all my cards. I noticed everything going crazy, flashed the old rom back and it's all okay now.
Is there a ROM for the Sapphire Nitro RX 480 8GB card somehwere???

(still have no temp & speeds on my xfx cards in my normal pc after flashing with the 480lowenergyOK rom, how can i fix that?)

Most of the mod BIOS are for the reference RX 480. So you cannot flash them to your customer sapphire cards.

Is there a ROM for the Sapphire Nitro XFX 480 8GB card somehwere???

Maybe - but not here

Could you plz give me a link on your reference BIOS for XFX  card?

Just upload it somewhere

Oops, i just flashed all my cards. I noticed everything going crazy, flashed the old rom back and it's all okay now.
Is there a ROM for the Sapphire Nitro RX 480 8GB card somehwere???

(still have no temp & speeds on my xfx cards in my normal pc after flashing with the 480lowenergyOK rom, how can i fix that?)

I used the "480LowEnergyOK" rom. It's been running for 4 hours now, dropped to 24-26mhash. dont know why.

Same here

I have XFX newest drivers: 16.8.3

In about 1 and half hour hashing dropped from 29.2 to 25.4MHs

Same ROM

Shall i use another rom?

If you decide to try - post your results here, plz

ahhhh same problem -_-
i think it's only mine, currently im use saphire Rx 480 (ref) + XFX rx 480 black oc (reff) , im confused the core of XFX Rx 480 down from 1135 (in first running) to around 800mhz after 30minute, and the hashrate down to 24-26 too , but the saphire Rx 480 runing smoothly and very stable at 30.5mhs

any solution for this case ?

dear citronix,

i cant download the Heliox's rom file.

it says server not found.

any update on the link?

tks,

[/quote]

http://www.mininghwcomparison.com/480LowEnergyOK.zip

p.s. no need to quote meaningless part of posting - especially when it is so long
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
dear citronix,

i cant download the Heliox's rom file.

it says server not found.

any update on the link?

tks,

thanks for the pointers Eliovp and jmumich -- will put this in the checklist.

Btw, Eliovp, your rom zip links seems bad, is there a folder in yoru website to download ROM files?

These are my notes on flashing 6 x RX480 Sapphires.

It was a success!

Many thanks to Heliox, jmumich and others for your pointers.

No guarantee it will work for you but the checklist below will be useful to find all the files needed to get started.

OBJECTIVES
--------------
My rig is 6 x Sapphire 480 8Gb Reference cards. Win 10, ASrock H81 mobo, Celeron 1840, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD and powered USB3 risers x 6. EVGA-G2-Gold-1300w.

My goal is to flash the cards with Heliox “low power” RX480 rom mod and save power consumption and bring the hash rate to as close to 30MHs per GPU. Previously its running at stock 22-23Mhs per card. Power draw just under 1100watts. I will do some power comparisons and fine tuning tomorrow when I get my hands on a kill-o-watt adapter.

DOWNLOADS
---------------
Before your begin, download some of the necessary files you need to do the flash.

Download the special “atikmdag.sys” from  "http://www.win-raid.com/t892f16-AMD-and-Nvidia-GOP-update-No-requests-DIY-19.html#msg30028”. You need to register yourself  on this site so that you can download the file.

Download the Low Power 480 ROM Mod from Heliox’s website. Download link here - http://www.mininghwcomparison.com480lowenergyok.zip/

Download the latest atiflash utility at https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2728/atiflash-2-74

FLASHING
-------------
Open cmd.exe with Admin rights and find the atiflash command line file. There is a windows version but I didn’t use this.

Type "atiflash -i” to list all the GPUs in your system

I will do the flashing for every card one card at a time, all in one go. So let’s flash the 1st card by using the commands below:

To flash first card, type "atiflash -p -f 0 480lowenergyOK.rom”

To flash the 2nd card, type "atiflash -p -f 1 480lowenergyOK.rom”  

Modify the "- f" switch accordingly depending how many cards you have

After you done flashing. Reboot PC.

SIGNING THE DEVICE THING & MINING
------------------------------------------------
After booting into windows… install the latest Crimson drivers. You can find the latest 16.7.3 driver package for 480 series in AMD website.

Next, goto Device Manager and find Display…. you GPUs should be listed there - for my case I can see all 6 cards but it has an error mark on it.

Right button click each of them and disable all GPUs.

Next reboot to safe mode by pressing Shift key and reboot.

Ensure that you select Safe Mode with Networking so that you can download 1 more utility to solve this device signing issue.

Before you download that file, you need to replace the atikmdag.sys file in c:\windows\system32\drivers folder with the special atikmdag.sys file you download earlier.

Download the device signing utility from  "http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo”. After downloading dseo file, Open it and sign the atikmdag.sys file in the windows folder.

Next, open a cmd.exe window with Admin rights and type “bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions  TESTSIGNING”

Reboot as per normal.

Goto Device manager and enable your GPUs again.

Reboot for good measure

You are ready to launch your miner - in my case is Claymore Dual Miner…. I am doing only ETH btw. You should see 29MHs per card.

Pages:
Jump to: