Pages:
Author

Topic: **US** BitFury Setup Guide - page 7. (Read 53176 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 11, 2013, 03:35:09 PM
On a 3.0 M-Card, which way is the RPi oriented, board up or hanging down?

EDIT:  Never mind, I found the pin 1 markings. (board up, BTW)

thx,

c32
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
November 10, 2013, 06:05:14 AM
Ahhh many thanks to swimmer and tronger. I just had a closer look at mine and it says V3.0 and has the pcie connectors. It also has the terminal screws so I was confused. Looks like I can just hook up directly to the pcie and I am good to go, will post screen shot when I get it working.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
November 08, 2013, 05:43:04 PM
can someone post a pic of how they connected their psu to the mainboard. Looked all over and can't figure this out. I have the paperclip jumper on psu working so it will provide power but I don't know how to connect psu to the main bitfury board.

In part, it depends on which motherboard you have. the V1 boards come with an adapter that gets screwed to them. Get the polarity right or you smoke the MB. The V2 and later MBs allow you to plug the PCIe power connecters right into the MB.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
November 08, 2013, 03:27:43 PM
can someone post a pic of how they connected their psu to the mainboard. Looked all over and can't figure this out. I have the paperclip jumper on psu working so it will provide power but I don't know how to connect psu to the main bitfury board.

It's in the OP.  But here are some shots.  I have a small switch instead of a paperclip.  They are about $9 at Robotshop.
http://imgur.com/a/mXpyt
Activity: 171
November 08, 2013, 02:55:13 PM
legendary
November 07, 2013, 02:26:17 PM
Question - I am suppose to receive a second EOL board today.  How do order them on the M-board.
The higher hashing one first and then the lower one at the end of the line?  Does it matter?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
November 06, 2013, 05:21:33 PM
Has anyone used a short gpio cable on these yet so your pi isn't mounted sideways looking funny? what is the smallest cable I can get?  Looks like maybe 6" ?

the RPi is very particular about gpio cables causing interference and errors in hashing. id say 4" is the very longest you can use, but i know some people have had issues with trying to get even shorter ones to work in the spottswood cases. if you just want to adjust the angle, 1-2" is your safest choice.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
November 06, 2013, 02:40:57 AM
Has anyone used a short gpio cable on these yet so your pi isn't mounted sideways looking funny? what is the smallest cable I can get?  Looks like maybe 6" ?
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
October 29, 2013, 09:01:00 AM
I loaded V1 SD card image on my 50Mbit line.

ftp://bitfury:[email protected]/bfimage/rPi_V1.img

PM if any problems.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
October 28, 2013, 11:30:06 PM
hello guys, need some help here! got my extra h-board today, after install the h-board, turn power on the pi turn on but only the red light stay on, and already try to remove the new card, still doing the same!!!! now I'm unable to ssh or use the web to get in!!!! any idea?Huh thanks!

Its you SD Card. Load up another one or re-image it to get going again. It seems like sometimes powering down causes the issue.

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION: what would happen with there being fans drawing power from the M-board? Is it possible that when the unit powers off, the fans' continued rotation is forcing a dropping (but available) voltage across the RPi damaging either the SD or causing partial operation/writes by the processor?

im curious whether the victims of SD cards or RPis dying commonly use more or bigger fans drawing from the board connectors? I was using a 3-pin 230mm and 2-wire 80mm the one (and only) time my SD card needed a swap. Im still using that since with no issues

thanks klondike!! but i have no idea how to re-image the SD Card and do i need a SD card reader??? thanks

edit: should i get a new SD card and can i use a 8GB?

a new one makes a good backup. 4GB is mine and makes keeping both with a working image much simpler if the issue happens again. you'll need an sd card reader, or a lot of linux skills. (I suggest a 2$ card reader :p)
Activity: 37
October 28, 2013, 09:58:09 PM
hello guys, need some help here! got my extra h-board today, after install the h-board, turn power on the pi turn on but only the red light stay on, and already try to remove the new card, still doing the same!!!! now I'm unable to ssh or use the web to get in!!!! any idea?Huh thanks!

Its you SD Card. Load up another one or re-image it to get going again. It seems like sometimes powering down causes the issue.

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION: what would happen with there being fans drawing power from the M-board? Is it possible that when the unit powers off, the fans' continued rotation is forcing a dropping (but available) voltage across the RPi damaging either the SD or causing partial operation/writes by the processor?

im curious whether the victims of SD cards or RPis dying commonly use more or bigger fans drawing from the board connectors? I was using a 3-pin 230mm and 2-wire 80mm the one (and only) time my SD card needed a swap. Im still using that since with no issues

thanks klondike!! but i have no idea how to re-image the SD Card and do i need a SD card reader??? thanks

edit: should i get a new SD card and can i use a 8GB?
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
October 28, 2013, 09:50:06 PM

Activity: 37
October 28, 2013, 09:11:17 PM
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
October 25, 2013, 08:05:55 PM
For those of you looking for the v1 raspberry pi image, i uploaded it to mega: https://mega.co.nz/#!mRg1WDzJ!QYdEySHkHaOjyMJhxdkp8Xt4S6pz8VdUswP7_JyveY4

Note: This is the v1 that Dave put on dropbox in august.

Also here and compressed with 7-Zip...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-oH77oD9QLNa3FnTEVlYm9MOUU/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
October 24, 2013, 09:38:37 PM
For those of you looking for the v1 raspberry pi image, i uploaded it to mega: https://mega.co.nz/#!mRg1WDzJ!QYdEySHkHaOjyMJhxdkp8Xt4S6pz8VdUswP7_JyveY4

Note: This is the v1 that Dave put on dropbox in august.
legendary
October 24, 2013, 08:08:01 PM
I NEED AN IMAGE FOR THE SD-CARD FOR V1 MBOARD FROM AUGUST.
Every link on the forums says "account has been disabled due to high traffic". This applies to all "drop box" links. I NEED AN IMAGE FOR V1 MBOARD SDCARD, BOTH MINE DIED.
Please and thank you...
   go here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-bitfury-miner-supporttuning-287590

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

I can't believe MegaBigPower doesn't have images on their damn website. ALL SD-CARD IMAGE LINKS ARE DISABLED OR OTHERWISE NOT WORKING. I need a damn image for an sd card for August V1 MBOARD....
At the end of Dave's opening post on this thread.  I just used it a day or two ago.
Activity: 133
October 24, 2013, 05:31:31 PM
I NEED AN IMAGE FOR THE SD-CARD FOR V1 MBOARD FROM AUGUST.
Every link on the forums says "account has been disabled due to high traffic". This applies to all "drop box" links. I NEED AN IMAGE FOR V1 MBOARD SDCARD, BOTH MINE DIED.
Please and thank you...
   go here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-bitfury-miner-supporttuning-287590

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

I can't believe MegaBigPower doesn't have images on their damn website. ALL SD-CARD IMAGE LINKS ARE DISABLED OR OTHERWISE NOT WORKING. I need a damn image for an sd card for August V1 MBOARD....
Activity: 3
October 24, 2013, 05:26:53 PM
Hello BFS friends,

I recieved the BFS rig today. v2 m-board and 3 x h-boards . The problem is I cannot see anything running.
I tried lot of things. Boot screen says something like "miner: no process found"
the /run/shm/ is quite empty (no logs)
can somebody help me, please Smiley thx
hmm. few ideas:
1) take a voltmeter to the board and check voltage across the pads that [used to] have capacitors. - you should be able to see ~0.79V, but IME not each pad set has voltage on my unit, so test a few to make sure
2) check your ip - is it actually on your home network with correct gateway setup so it can get online
3) check your pool info - if this was the issue, youd likely see your chips all at 0GH
4) check the orientation of everything. if a card or the rpi is backwards you could either cause damage or simply not see anything
5) make sure you are filling the banks as advised (slots 1, 5, 9 in your case)
6) try with only 1 card at a time and/or rearranging the order - maybe an spi/miso issue somewhere is causing the issue

Hey guys, thank you for all your answers. I got an message from Niko. The compiled version
of chainminer was missing on my SD card. What helped:

cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
sudo make clean
sudo make

at the moment 3 cards produce 88GH \o/
Activity: 657
Merit: 250
October 24, 2013, 08:51:44 AM
Maybe you have an empty miner file? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3378544
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
October 24, 2013, 07:47:20 AM
The "no miner process found" message comes from the process that starts up the miners.  It first attempts to stop a miner process if one is running before starting a new process.

Have you actually started the miner from the web screen?  Have you filled in the pool information on the web screen?  What does "sudo screen -ls" return when you run it ?
Pages:
Jump to: