Pages:
Author

Topic: US to charge FIFA for corruption! - page 2. (Read 7417 times)

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1494
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
June 20, 2015, 02:25:09 AM
I think you didn't read all of my post. You can check what I wrote in bold. It's just my opinion, and sounds you have the best solution here. What would you do if your farm is full of pests? I think the best and shortest solution is burn down that, and make a new one. Maybe you can make a best of the best solution, but I'm pretty sure the solution is not a shortest way.

No. The issue here is the prevalent corruption within FIFA. Closing down FIFA will do more harm than good. You are suggesting to replace FIFA with a new global governing body for football. And what are the chances that this new body will be free from corruption? The priority should be to cleanse FIFA, by suspending the corrupt members.

Suspending the corrupt members would be a best method if the corruptors want to admit their mistakes honestly, and what the authorities will do to make that. Anyways, I'm sure the suspending method will spend long time to be done, and I don't know who will do that. US? Or NATO?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 20, 2015, 01:27:45 AM
I think you didn't read all of my post. You can check what I wrote in bold. It's just my opinion, and sounds you have the best solution here. What would you do if your farm is full of pests? I think the best and shortest solution is burn down that, and make a new one. Maybe you can make a best of the best solution, but I'm pretty sure the solution is not a shortest way.

No. The issue here is the prevalent corruption within FIFA. Closing down FIFA will do more harm than good. You are suggesting to replace FIFA with a new global governing body for football. And what are the chances that this new body will be free from corruption? The priority should be to cleanse FIFA, by suspending the corrupt members.
legendary
June 20, 2015, 01:07:49 AM
Yeah I've watched the episode few days ago  Smiley I think the corruptions on FIFA will never go to end although Sepp Blatter was resign as the president. It will spend couple years to clean corruption in that organization. The best and shortest way is close down FIFA, and it sounds impossible to do.

What sort of rubbish? Who will organize the 2018 World Cup (and the other major football tournaments which are due, such as the 2015 UEFA Super Cup, 2015 AFC Champions League, and the 2016 Copa Centroamericana) if FIFA is closed down? Closing down FIFA is not the solution, as football will not be able to survive without a central body.

legendary
June 20, 2015, 12:14:31 AM
Yeah I've watched the episode few days ago  Smiley I think the corruptions on FIFA will never go to end although Sepp Blatter was resign as the president. It will spend couple years to clean corruption in that organization. The best and shortest way is close down FIFA, and it sounds impossible to do.

What sort of rubbish? Who will organize the 2018 World Cup (and the other major football tournaments which are due, such as the 2015 UEFA Super Cup, 2015 AFC Champions League, and the 2016 Copa Centroamericana) if FIFA is closed down? Closing down FIFA is not the solution, as football will not be able to survive without a central body.
legendary
June 19, 2015, 12:33:28 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/football/fifa-corruption-charges-justice-department/index.html

The U.S. Justice Department plans to announce corruption charges against senior officials at FIFA, the world's soccer governing body, law enforcement officials say.

Up to 14 people are expected to be charged Wednesday based on an indictment in federal court in New York.

Arrests were being made overnight in Zurich, where members of the scandal-plagued organization were gathering for an election Friday that could give its leader Sepp Blatter a fifth term.

Deep details on the charges have yet to be disclosed, but one thing is known - the officiating crimes during last year's World Cup games are expected to be largely ignored. Upon hearing the news of this last bit, NED's Robben is quoted as saying "Phew! I don't take dives to get sacked!" (Translated from Dutch.)

Anyone have an opinion on this?

This reminds me of a The Simpsons video on youtube, as it turns out The Simpsons had previously broadcast an episode which showed FIFA executive being charged of corruption and hence being arrested. Just youtube the simpson prediction.

Anyway, it doesn't come as a surprise really, it has been long speculated, and it was a matter of time when it came to light, so yeah, no surprises there.

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
June 19, 2015, 12:31:57 PM
It's high time the officials of FIFA get to know where earth is. Football is losing its glory to other emerging sports. I hope with this cleaning process, football once again reach the heights.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 19, 2015, 12:09:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/football/fifa-corruption-charges-justice-department/index.html

The U.S. Justice Department plans to announce corruption charges against senior officials at FIFA, the world's soccer governing body, law enforcement officials say.

Up to 14 people are expected to be charged Wednesday based on an indictment in federal court in New York.

Arrests were being made overnight in Zurich, where members of the scandal-plagued organization were gathering for an election Friday that could give its leader Sepp Blatter a fifth term.

Deep details on the charges have yet to be disclosed, but one thing is known - the officiating crimes during last year's World Cup games are expected to be largely ignored. Upon hearing the news of this last bit, NED's Robben is quoted as saying "Phew! I don't take dives to get sacked!" (Translated from Dutch.)

Anyone have an opinion on this?

This reminds me of a The Simpsons video on youtube, as it turns out The Simpsons had previously broadcast an episode which showed FIFA executive being charged of corruption and hence being arrested. Just youtube the simpson prediction.

Anyway, it doesn't come as a surprise really, it has been long speculated, and it was a matter of time when it came to light, so yeah, no surprises there.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
June 19, 2015, 02:03:46 AM
And I think we all know the only reason they won those builds was through bribes and backhanders.

They might have won the World Cup hosting rights by offering bribes. But what about the rival bids? Russia had beaten a bid from England, despite the British openly trying to bribe the member nations. And Qatar won the rights for 2022, against a strong bid from the United States. The US guys not only offered bribes, but also resorted to blackmailing to win the bid.

Well unless there is a seperate investigation they will likely hide the facts about any corrpution charges in relation to the 1994 bid for the World cup such as Brazil's debt etc.
Although there was bidding wars for Salt Lake City during the Olympics so I can't say that it's impossible for more skeletons to come out of the closet.

That said the World Cup is expensive (Note Washington source on Russia) but apparently they are over budget.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/28/fifa-scandal-highlights-culture-of-corruption-in-w/?page=all

The actual World Cup is more of a three-week event, but it’s more like a ten-year building process where you use the World Cup as an excuse to build billions of dollars in general infrastructure.”

legendary
June 18, 2015, 09:54:05 AM
And I think we all know the only reason they won those builds was through bribes and backhanders.

They might have won the World Cup hosting rights by offering bribes. But what about the rival bids? Russia had beaten a bid from England, despite the British openly trying to bribe the member nations. And Qatar won the rights for 2022, against a strong bid from the United States. The US guys not only offered bribes, but also resorted to blackmailing to win the bid.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hi
June 18, 2015, 09:23:39 AM
Fifa president Sepp Blatter is the victim of a conspiracy from "behind the scenes", his daughter has told the BBC amid the corruption crisis gripping world football.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32952426

"Nobody is without fault but he is not the person who is taking money, Corinne Blatter said "

Well i don't believe it.He transformed from a simple organizer of the World Cup into a multibillion-dollar juggernaut.
Impossible if he doesn't know about bribe, corruptions etc in FIFA, he was president of FIFA since 1998.

They will of course play dumb and pretend that they don't know much where in fact, they are the one who have all the power and knowledge.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
June 18, 2015, 07:43:31 AM
• Investigation into 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids could take years

In that case, it seems very unlikely that Russia will be disqualified from hosting the 2018 World Cup. That said, anything can happen, if an American puppet is elected as the next FIFA president, instead of someone from the Blatter camp. Expect many more dirty tricks being played around, by both the sides.

My thoughts exactly!

Hopefully if there is any proof or corruption to do with Russia and Qatar winning the rights to host the world cup they should lose the right immediately. And I think we all know the only reason they won those builds was through bribes and backhanders. Money talks as they say, especially when it comes to FIFA officials, as if they aren't wealthy enough... Bunch of greedy bastards.
legendary
June 18, 2015, 07:39:29 AM

In that case, it seems very unlikely that Russia will be disqualified from hosting the 2018 World Cup. That said, anything can happen, if an American puppet is elected as the next FIFA president, instead of someone from the Blatter camp. Expect many more dirty tricks being played around, by both the sides.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
June 18, 2015, 07:26:31 AM
Swiss investigating 53 cases of possible money laundering at Fifa:

• Swiss attorney general says ‘53 suspicious banking relations’ uncovered
• Fifa’s Sepp Blatter and Jérôme Valcke not being ruled out of investigation

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/17/fifa-investigation-53-cases-money-laundering-swiss-attorney-general

legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
June 18, 2015, 06:23:27 AM
Now let's wait some ... and i hope Bye bye World Soccer in Russia .... Too bad ... how Russia will recover the black money gived Huh  Grin Grin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
June 18, 2015, 06:08:06 AM
New news, sounds like the US is proposing that the Qatar and Russia World Cup host awards be revoked, claiming that they were earned through bribes. This would put both of these World Cup host dates up for reassignment to other countries!

Wonderful. So the 2018 World Cup will be hosted in the United Kingdom (as they were the runners up in the vote for hosting rights), and the 2022 World Cup will be hosted in the United States. The American domination of FIFA is now complete. Let me see if Domenico Scala holds enough power to put in practise what he says.

Now that would be funny if they were hosted there. USA and UK would stil probably have to bribe someone to get them though. There will be long legal battle though from Russia and Qatar to keep them though. I personally can't see them revoking them.
Activity: 182
June 18, 2015, 12:56:23 AM
Breaking news: Sepp Blatter has been re-elected as the president of FIFA, defeating Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan. In the first round, Blatter received 133 votes (140 is needed for an outright win, i.e two-third of the votes). His opponent managed to secure just 73 votes, mostly from the North American and Western European regions.

Is that a good or a bad thing?
Activity: 182
June 18, 2015, 12:51:22 AM
Not surprising at all. FIFA have turned to a bunch of white-collar gangsters long time ago. Some clean sweep will be beneficial indeed.

Hahah, perfectly described. 'White collar gangsters'. I hope things change and do not affect the beautiful game of football Smiley
legendary
June 18, 2015, 12:24:25 AM
People like Neymar getting payed well over 2x the amount of $ those 1500 make in a lifetime(not a neymar hater, just think it's sad ). Sad

An average laborer in Qatar earns some $400-600 per month for working 12-hours a day in slave-like conditions (they are mostly from Nepal, India, and DPRK). May be FIFA should make it mandatory for the countries which are hosting the major tournaments such as World Cup, to provide adequate compensation for workers who get killed or maimed during the construction of venues.
Activity: 238
June 18, 2015, 12:03:07 AM
In December, FIFA's Ethics Committee said it was closing its investigation into alleged corruption in the 2018 and 2022 bidding process that awarded the World Cup to Russia and Qatar, respectively.

For now, they will concentrate on Russia, as it is their main target. Qatar is one of the most reliable allies of the United States in the Middle East region, and I don't think that they will take away the world cup from them. But there are some horrific facts that should be studied, about the conditions in Qatar. More than 1,500 laborers have died so far during the construction of the world cup venues.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/23/qatar-nepal-workers-world-cup-2022-death-toll-doha

People like Neymar getting payed well over 2x the amount of $ those 1500 make in a lifetime(not a neymar hater, just think it's sad ). Sad
legendary
June 17, 2015, 12:39:15 AM
In December, FIFA's Ethics Committee said it was closing its investigation into alleged corruption in the 2018 and 2022 bidding process that awarded the World Cup to Russia and Qatar, respectively.

For now, they will concentrate on Russia, as it is their main target. Qatar is one of the most reliable allies of the United States in the Middle East region, and I don't think that they will take away the world cup from them. But there are some horrific facts that should be studied, about the conditions in Qatar. More than 1,500 laborers have died so far during the construction of the world cup venues.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/23/qatar-nepal-workers-world-cup-2022-death-toll-doha
Pages:
Jump to: