Pages:
Author

Topic: US to charge FIFA for corruption! - page 5. (Read 7417 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 04, 2015, 02:16:16 PM
I'm not sure if they will re-vote for 2018 host, because Russia has started to prepare for the venue. Do they want to make Russia mad and take boycott actions?

Lol.. that is exactly what the Americans want. The British are also pissed off, after they lost the 2018 hosting rights to Russia. They will join the Americans along with the other vassals. Everything will depend up on who is going to get elected as the next president of FIFA. If the new president is not pro-American, then the United States and its vassals will boycott the 2018 world cup (I don't think that they'll qualify, but still  Grin).

Well, the U.S. has the bye until the fourth round of The North, Central American and Caribbean qualifier so they have until next Nov. I think to decide whether to partake in the World Cup or not. Seems pretty pointless to start in the qualifier and then later decide to boycott.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 04, 2015, 10:14:17 AM
now is the best time for the US and Europe to pull out of FIFA for good. From what I read there already is talk about it in Europe. Next week there is meeting and the idea will be discussed then. I can guarantee they wouldn't lack sponsor support for a new league. Other nations would quickly follow suit if Europe left.

Right, to think that this giant organization is still a NON PROFIT - that is just Maffio Tically Insane
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 04, 2015, 06:34:11 AM
I'm not sure if they will re-vote for 2018 host, because Russia has started to prepare for the venue. Do they want to make Russia mad and take boycott actions?

Lol.. that is exactly what the Americans want. The British are also pissed off, after they lost the 2018 hosting rights to Russia. They will join the Americans along with the other vassals. Everything will depend up on who is going to get elected as the next president of FIFA. If the new president is not pro-American, then the United States and its vassals will boycott the 2018 world cup (I don't think that they'll qualify, but still  Grin).
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
June 04, 2015, 06:15:20 AM
Blatter resigned, after some of the major sponsors (all of them based in the United States) threatened that they will pull out of the 2018 world cup unless he steps down. It will be interesting to know who will succeed him. Considering that the pro-American lobby controls less than one-third of the vote, it needs to be seen how they will get their representative elected.

It wouldn't matter to him either way since he's screwed. Why would he care if sponsors dropped out of the world cup?

This just confirms what most of us already knew - that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.
I still think they should re-vote on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

There will be people and parties that will be pushing for re-casting but Russia will have spent too much money as they're well into development and planning for it so it'll probably be too late. Maybe even Qatar will be safe but they should move that any way due to heat. There's talks of boycotting the world cup by international bodies but I doubt they'd go ahead because there'd be uproar from the fans.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
June 04, 2015, 06:08:50 AM
I guess Sepp Blatter resigned because he doesn't want to get charged anymore by his adversaries. But, he is still charged  Smiley

This just confirms what most of us already knew - that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.
I still think they should re-vote on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

legendary
June 03, 2015, 10:22:15 PM
Blatter resigned, after some of the major sponsors (all of them based in the United States) threatened that they will pull out of the 2018 world cup unless he steps down. It will be interesting to know who will succeed him. Considering that the pro-American lobby controls less than one-third of the vote, it needs to be seen how they will get their representative elected.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
June 03, 2015, 03:54:10 PM
Did he need a step ladder? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgS0c4rZBo
June 03, 2015, 03:16:38 PM
Can someone explain why the United States got involved with FIFA? It seems like they obviously had support from other nations to arrest these individuals but I wonder why the United States was the one to bring charges.

Well...  because the United States is acting like the world police. You need to understand certain facts. These are:

1. The Americans can arrest anyone (i.e any foreign citizen) anywhere.
2. No foreign nations can arrest American citizens.
3. Corruption is OK, as long as it favors the Americans.
4. No one should question the world police.

Although it doesn't sound fair! That is the attribution of the strong, so you either accept it or you join ISIS  Cool Cool Cool Grin
legendary
June 03, 2015, 01:17:49 PM
now is the best time for the US and Europe to pull out of FIFA for good. From what I read there already is talk about it in Europe. Next week there is meeting and the idea will be discussed then. I can guarantee they wouldn't lack sponsor support for a new league. Other nations would quickly follow suit if Europe left.

Nothing will happen. All this is just empty rhetoric. More than half of the nations within the UEFA were supporting Blatter. Only a minority, led by England were against him. Add in the United States and Canada, and you will get the list of countries which are willing to support the "new league". And none of these nations are major powers, as far as football is considered.
June 03, 2015, 05:28:08 AM
This Blatter resignation is a bit of a joke since he has stated that he´ll be in his office running things until his successor has been voted in which is scheduled to take place in 6-8 months or so.
Activity: 728
June 03, 2015, 04:50:47 AM
Activity: 315
June 03, 2015, 04:05:06 AM
Sepp Blatter resigned as FIFA president on Tuesday, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-says-quit-164628917--sow.html

He's now being investigated too and I guess that's why he resigned. Something will come out about him soon enough. I've always believed he was involved in the corruption. How can he be the head of something for so long and not be or at least aware of what was going on right under his nose.

Ideally they would because there was very obviously fishy behavior going on to give these places the tournament, but I can't see it. Too much money has already been spent by these nations on stadiums and planning etc. It was always ridiculous giving the tournament to Qatar due to the heat but I guess money talks.
June 03, 2015, 01:20:05 AM

President of UEFA Michel Platini at a press conference following a meeting of the UEFA board in Zurich on May 28, 2015. Photographer:Michael Probst/AP Photo

Michel Platini, a former Blatter protege turned fierce critic, is the man most likely to lead soccer’s governing body into a new era, according to the bookies.

Football´s Greatest Michel Platini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdsZlr0oPr0
Activity: 356
June 02, 2015, 08:31:14 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
June 02, 2015, 01:26:46 PM
Sepp Blatter resigned as FIFA president on Tuesday, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-says-quit-164628917--sow.html
legendary
June 02, 2015, 11:07:09 AM
Can someone explain why the United States got involved with FIFA? It seems like they obviously had support from other nations to arrest these individuals but I wonder why the United States was the one to bring charges.

Well...  because the United States is acting like the world police. You need to understand certain facts. These are:

1. The Americans can arrest anyone (i.e any foreign citizen) anywhere.
2. No foreign nations can arrest American citizens.
3. Corruption is OK, as long as it favors the Americans.
4. No one should question the world police.
BRE
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014
Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations
June 02, 2015, 09:45:04 AM

US law gives the Justice Department a lot of leeway when it comes to bringing cases against foreign citizens.
Soccer, maybe not the biggest game in America but yes soccer is the most popular sport in the world.
But the US gov wants to send a message that enough is enough when it comes to corruption in the game's international governing body.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Come original.
June 02, 2015, 08:06:11 AM

They will have had the support of local police. In fact, I pretty sure they would need it. If they don't have permission to be there then they could be arrested and probably would if they just went around arresting people. I don't think they can make arrests themselves but the local police can and then deport them to the states or wherever they're facing trial, but you know how much America likes sticking its nose in to other people's business.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
June 02, 2015, 06:26:36 AM
June 02, 2015, 05:07:51 AM
Its about time ... those bastards have been ripping people off!!! I really hate them for their manipulations, and monopoly.... sons of a b*tch!
Pages:
Jump to: