Pages:
Author

Topic: US to charge FIFA for corruption! - page 4. (Read 7417 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 06, 2015, 01:49:19 AM
So what will they do as pro-US candidates if one of them is elected to be President of FIFA? You just hate US so much. I think Platini doesn't have any relation with US, and he is the most suit candidate because of his professionalism in UEFA. Go watch UCL final dude.

If I hate the United States so much, then I have my own reasons for that. A democratically elected president has been forced to step down as a result of blackmailing by the US, and a US-puppet is about to take up that post. I don't like the arrogance and disdain shown by the Americans. If you want an American as the FIFA president, then get him elected through democratic means, not through the backdoor. 
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 06, 2015, 01:22:09 AM
Another Frenchman throws his hat into the FIFA ring, none other than David Ginola, that memorable and flamboyant striker. "We need to get rid of everything and start from scratch," says the FIFA President candidate @teamginola

Ginola vs. Barnsley 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmpW6dpZ58
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
June 05, 2015, 10:55:38 PM
^^^I don't know why he is not being considered as a strong candidate. The pro-US groups are pushing really hard for his selection. Anyway, as per the list, every single individual in the top 5 are pro-US. The real contest might be between Prince Ali and Michel Platini. Both are pro-US candidates, so the outcome doesn't matter much.

So what will they do as pro-US candidates if one of them is elected to be President of FIFA? You just hate US so much. I think Platini doesn't have any relation with US, and he is the most suit candidate because of his professionalism in UEFA. Go watch UCL final dude.
Activity: 700
June 05, 2015, 06:53:20 AM
The UK did want to take the place of Qatar as the host of the 2022 World Cup they even said they have the facilities for it, that said I do find it concerning that the United States wants to control international football/soccer and while FIFA is one corrupt organization it does remain one of only a handful of professional sport organizations not directly in the control of the USA.

The United Kingdom want to host the 2018 World Cup, not the 2022 edition. A few years ago, Russia was selected ahead of England, as the hosts for the 2018 WC. The British are quite a bit pissed off about that loss. They are still hopeful of taking the hosting rights away from Russia and hosting it in England.

On several newsfeeds they keep referring to Qatar and not Russia including the Guardian link in my last post but I agree with you that they also want to take the World Cup away from Russia.

Its an open secret that the FIFA is corrupt the question is why take action now and it looks like the US losing its bid to Qatar just was the trigger that finally set it all off with the UK also holding a grudge over 2018.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33005152
Fifa crisis: England 'ready to host 2022 World Cup if asked'
England would be ready and able to host the Fifa World Cup in 2022 if it is stripped from Qatar, according to a British government minister.

Swiss and US authorities are looking at corruption claims around the bidding processes for the 2018 and 2022 events.

UK Sport Secretary John Whittingdale says England has the facilities but added it is unlikely to happen as Russia is staging the 2018 tournament.

Under Fifa rules the Cup cannot be held on the same continent twice in a row.
legendary
June 05, 2015, 06:39:50 AM
The UK did want to take the place of Qatar as the host of the 2022 World Cup they even said they have the facilities for it, that said I do find it concerning that the United States wants to control international football/soccer and while FIFA is one corrupt organization it does remain one of only a handful of professional sport organizations not directly in the control of the USA.

The United Kingdom want to host the 2018 World Cup, not the 2022 edition. A few years ago, Russia was selected ahead of England, as the hosts for the 2018 WC. The British are quite a bit pissed off about that loss. They are still hopeful of taking the hosting rights away from Russia and hosting it in England.
Activity: 700
June 05, 2015, 06:28:50 AM
I think widespread corruption at fifa makes this situation a little bit different. I doubt countries will boycott it after Blatter's resignation but there will surely be a few countries like England complaining that they should have the world cup or it should be put back to another vote. They wont pull out though.

As I had posted earlier, a lot will depend on the FIFA presidential vote. If some US-puppet, such as Prince Ali is elected as the president, then he can legitimately cancel the event in Russia and conduct another vote to decide the hosts for 2018. If someone else is elected, then indications are that England might try to organize a paralell event in London.

Which is why Sepp Blatter despite the corruption was still able to acquire the amount of votes he did, and even teetering on the brink of disgrace, Blatter was still able to command almost two-thirds of the membership While patronage and funding such as the case with Ireland goes into soccer in my opinion the US just wants some of that gravy train and take it under their wing that said it looks like the corruption is starting to unravel after all these years.

On one hand FIFA has brought soccer tournaments to many places around the world such as South Africa, Brazil, Russia, and soon Qatar and truly has a global footprint instead of a US centric one that only hosts tournaments with countries it has good relationships with so my feelings are mixed about what this means in the long run.

MLB,NHL,NFL,NBA, and Boxing to an extent are major professional sports leagues with most games played in the United States and players are attracted and move there in order to compete, Soccer/Football meanwhile tends to remain a more internationalized sport with Premier Leagues in the UK, MLS in North America and the African League and all of them meeting under the FIFA banner to compete, if this leads towards a strong regionalization of FIFA it concerns me that international soccer will slowly over time become a compartamentalized representation of countries and not what it is today which admittably is also partially due to Sepp Bladder.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/england-ready-host-2022-fifa-world-cup-qatar-ditched-culture-secretary-says

As the Guardian humbly said Under Sepp Blatter, it wasn’t all bad

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/05/sepp-blatter-fifa-world-cup-south-africa
Activity: 686
June 05, 2015, 06:14:58 AM
Now and after Joseph Blatter resigned after winning for his fifth term , can't we say that there was a lot of presseasure on him and most likely have something to do with the corruption on the FIFA and that's what made him leave ?  Roll Eyes
legendary
June 05, 2015, 06:07:54 AM
I think widespread corruption at fifa makes this situation a little bit different. I doubt countries will boycott it after Blatter's resignation but there will surely be a few countries like England complaining that they should have the world cup or it should be put back to another vote. They wont pull out though.

As I had posted earlier, a lot will depend on the FIFA presidential vote. If some US-puppet, such as Prince Ali is elected as the president, then he can legitimately cancel the event in Russia and conduct another vote to decide the hosts for 2018. If someone else is elected, then indications are that England might try to organize a paralell event in London.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
June 05, 2015, 06:02:56 AM
I wonder if the contracts with Russia and Qatar have any get out clauses.

There is no such thing. But countries boycotting events such as World Cup, after confirming their presence will be severely punished, if the past instances are anything to go by. For example, they can be banned from the next two or three world cups and other regional FIFA tournaments, in addition to a very heavy financial penalty.

legendary
June 05, 2015, 05:59:57 AM

There is no such thing. But countries boycotting events such as World Cup, after confirming their presence will be severely punished, if the past instances are anything to go by. For example, they can be banned from the next two or three world cups and other regional FIFA tournaments, in addition to a very heavy financial penalty.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Come original.
June 05, 2015, 05:37:16 AM
^^^I don't know why he is not being considered as a strong candidate. The pro-US groups are pushing really hard for his selection. Anyway, as per the list, every single individual in the top 5 are pro-US. The real contest might be between Prince Ali and Michel Platini. Both are pro-US candidates, so the outcome doesn't matter much.

That Prince Ali guy probably bought his way into Fifa anyway. I wouldn't trust him. They need to get someone who was previously involved with football at a player or managerial level.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
June 05, 2015, 05:09:14 AM

Get out clauses on which sides? If the hosts bought them which it's looking like they did then they're not going to want to pull out and FIFA was the one who sold them so they're not going to have a chance to get out either. Maybe there will be some lawsuits or the hosts will be disqualified.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
June 05, 2015, 03:23:04 AM
June 05, 2015, 01:27:12 AM
Wow, Four freakin´billion dollars!? Amazing. What a gravy train. Well, people tend to just hate corruption at least until they get to be a part of it themselves. Maybe the Brits and Yanks have been out in the cold for a while, haven´t followed it much really.
legendary
June 05, 2015, 01:11:15 AM
They grow about as much moss there in the FIDE presidency as Popes. In 111 years there have been eight presidents, three from England, France two and one each from Belgium, Brazil and Switzerland (Blatter). The salary is pretty handsome, like five million dollars p.a. last i heard.

The official salary is just the tip of the iceberg. The 2018 FIFA world cup revenues are expected at $4 billion (that is, if every thing goes according to the plan). And taking in to account all the corruption that has been going on since ages, I believe that the FIFA officials will pocket at least 10% of that revenue, either directly or indirectly.
June 05, 2015, 12:52:37 AM
They grow about as much moss there in the FIDE presidency as Popes. In 111 years there have been eight presidents, three from England, France two and one each from Belgium, Brazil and Switzerland (Blatter). The salary is pretty handsome, like five million dollars p.a. last i heard.
June 05, 2015, 12:00:39 AM

Maybe the bookmakers at Paddy Power have never heard of the guy. I bet they hardly ever even think about the United States Soccer Federation. Which by the way turned 102 years old last April.  It´s one of the earliest member organizations of FIFA.
legendary
June 04, 2015, 11:45:19 PM
June 04, 2015, 11:31:53 PM
Sunil Gulati? Doesn´t ring a bell much I guess. Current odds:

Prince Ali - evens
Michel Platini - 9/4
Sheik Ahmad Al-Sabah - 7/1
Wolfgang Niersbach - 10/1
David Gill - 10/1
Michel D'Hooghe - 10/1
Alfredo Hawit - 12/1
Michael van Praag - 12/1
Issa Hayatou - 12/1
Jerome Champagne - 14/1
Luis Figo - 14/1
Jerome Valcke - 14/1
Salman Al Khalifa - 20/1
Jim Boyce - 20/1
David Chung - 20/1
Juan Angel Napout - 20/1
Zico - 33/1
David Ginola - 50/1
Barack Obama - 50/1
Robbie Savage - 60/1
Rio Ferdinand - 100/1
Thierry Henry - 100/1
Pele - 100/1
Roy Hodgson - 100/1
Diego Maradona - 100/1
Roy Keane - 100/1
Kenny Dalglish - 100/1
Eric Cantona - 100/1
Gary Neville - 100/1
Alex Ferguson - 100/1
Jamie Carragher - 100/1
John Terry - 150/1
John Delaney - 150/1
Giovanni Trapattoni - 150/1
Alan Curbishley - 150/1
David O'Leary - 150/1
Sol Campbell - 200/1
Guillem Balague - 200/1
Eamon Dunphy - 200/1
Piers Morgan - 200/1
Prince William - 200/1
John Carver - 200/1
Kolo Toure - 500/1
Raheem Sterling - 500/1

Read more: http://www.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/odds-president-FIFA/story-26635338-detail/story.html#ixzz3c9f39jyE
Follow us: @sheptonjournal on Twitter | sheptonjournal on Facebook
legendary
June 04, 2015, 11:12:16 PM
The President of the United States Soccer Federation, Sunil Gulati is trying hard to become the next president of FIFA. However, I don't think that he has got the necessary support. The last time, pro-American candidate got only around one-third of the vote, mostly from North America, Western Europe and from various vassal states of the US (Micronesia, Marshall Islands.etc).
Pages:
Jump to: