Pages:
Author

Topic: Usagi: falsifying NAVs, manipulating share prices and misleading investors. - page 25. (Read 92656 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat

The contract never said anything about preferential shares.

Using BMF assets to pay off a separate company debt is a scam.

I didn't mean to imply in any way that usagi's actions are legitimate - I'm sure he'll now spend 20 pages telling us why they are - just that people have little recourse against him unless they're prepared to send good money after bad and try to enforce a contract which is likely legally flawed in the first place.

To my knowledge, there aren't any actual companies involved in this at all - usagi has essentially been operating all these schemes as a sole trader.

Why do people assume these "loans" exist in the first place?

Make up any old loan contract and sign it with yourself then you can ship the company equipment to yourself free and clear.

Not that thats what is happening but I havent seen any signed loan contracts or other parties confirming things. The whole setup is completely dodgy.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I didn't mean to imply in any way that usagi's actions are legitimate - I'm sure he'll now spend 20 pages telling us why they are - just that people have little recourse against him unless they're prepared to send good money after bad and try to enforce a contract which is likely legally flawed in the first place.

To my knowledge, there aren't any actual companies involved in this at all - usagi has essentially been operating all these schemes as a sole trader.
Wat
Thats an...unusual...way to do a liquidation of assets. Usually when a company is wound up the assets get distributed to all the  asset holders not just one of them. You cant preference one over the other no matter how many shares you own.

You can if you're clever about how you set the company up and organise things so that you're a secured or preferential creditor.  Of course this is not a "company" in any meaningful sense of the word so there's really not much to stop usagi "liquidating" his ventures any way he wishes.

Activity: 868
Thats an...unusual...way to do a liquidation of assets. Usually when a company is wound up the assets get distributed to all the  asset holders not just one of them. You cant preference one over the other no matter how many shares you own.

You can if you're clever about how you set the company up and organise things so that you're a secured or preferential creditor.  Of course this is not a "company" in any meaningful sense of the word so there's really not much to stop usagi "liquidating" his ventures any way he wishes.
Wat
Apparently usagi's now selling off FPGAs bought using BMF funds on behalf of BMF shareholders and using the proceeds to repay the "liquidity loans" he took out for CPA, presumably because he offered to make himself personally liable for those loans but reckons he can tell the BMF shareholders to go screw themselves:

First point.
1. Due to the closing of GLBSE, CPA has ceased to exist. All of our assets were on the GLBSE so we have no money and no operations and no income from operations.
2. Before GLBSE closed, BMF ordered a few FPGA and ASIC singles.
3. Both I myself, and CPA, owned 800 and change shares of BMF.
4. Therefore I have valid, personal claim on these singles, as does CPA.
5. Therefore this FPGA will be sold to pay off a loanholder (jborkl).
STATUS: I'm boxing and shipping it today. I will update this post with links to the receipt and tracking number later.

Second point.
1. I promised to be personally responsible for the CPA liquidity loans.

That's gotta be fraud, surely?

Thats an...unusual...way to do a liquidation of assets. Usually when a company is wound up the assets get distributed to all the  asset holders not just one of them. You cant preference one over the other no matter how many shares you own.
Merit: 564
Apparently usagi's now selling off FPGAs bought using BMF funds on behalf of BMF shareholders and using the proceeds to repay the "liquidity loans" he took out for CPA, presumably because he offered to make himself personally liable for those loans but reckons he can tell the BMF shareholders to go screw themselves:

First point.
1. Due to the closing of GLBSE, CPA has ceased to exist. All of our assets were on the GLBSE so we have no money and no operations and no income from operations.
2. Before GLBSE closed, BMF ordered a few FPGA and ASIC singles.
3. Both I myself, and CPA, owned 800 and change shares of BMF.
4. Therefore I have valid, personal claim on these singles, as does CPA.
5. Therefore this FPGA will be sold to pay off a loanholder (jborkl).
STATUS: I'm boxing and shipping it today. I will update this post with links to the receipt and tracking number later.

Second point.
1. I promised to be personally responsible for the CPA liquidity loans.

That's gotta be fraud, surely?
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

PS! Stop trolling your own threads, Oliver. It's really annoying and looks very unprofessional.

You are a smelly pirate hooker. Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?

And this the guy who manages your hard earned coin? Really?

... priceless!
vip
Activity: 812
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Wat

Doesn't the fact that I have been around and am well-respected in various communities, and have used the same name this whole time pretty much mean the exact opposite? I won the Canadian Go Championship in 2000 (or was that 2001, long time ago). I created the ASR. I wrote several books to help people. All of which have received praise. WRT martial arts I was invited to join several private MA forums like M.S's Neijia forum. The fact that rec.martial-arts was full of trolls and people are using that against me is a friggen joke. A song was written about me? LOL no shit, songs were written about EVERYONE. Even I wrote friggen songs about people. Hot shit the trolls here are STUPID. By pointing out who I am, they actually invalidated the very possibility of me being a troll. After that, you will notice the tide viciously turned against people like EskimoBob and deprived. Thank god too, I was getting sick of those trolls.

You keep brining up my name and you still have no proof that I have ever lied. You have started multiple scam accusations threads against multiple people (edited later some of the names out!) and produced zero results. Pure slander! Sure, you can twits something to suit your petty needs but you have failed on that too. LOL. Usagi, this is really pathetic.   
You say I trolled you? Really? Find out what the word actually means and the use it in a sentence.
All I did was pointing out how incompetent you are when it come s to finances. You have close to zero real life experience and this was painfully clear from day one. You decided to use someone else coin an learn - you failed miserably and now you are attempting to make it look like everyone else is to blame.
You, dim witted wanker, do not even understand what fund/portfoli/etc manager duties are. Let me give you a hint: it's not making retarded decision one after another and flushing investors money down the  drain.

Your silly habit of lecturing people on topics you barely understand yourself is also obvious. You have done this before in other forum. You become a laughing stock and then you move on to next forum/topic you know nothing about and you start over again. You also have a bad habit of lying, denying and deleting your posts form the forum (deleting evidence that demonstrate of your utter incompetence. For those, who do not know, usagi aka Oliver Richman (from Canada?) deleted over 1000 pots he had written to hide his mistakes and angry rants). What a nice way to lure newbies in to your bullshit projects and scam them for coin. Good job usagi, honest indeed. You deserve the scammer tag only for this. Newbies must be warned of you and this is the best way to do it.

On top of everything, you have completely misunderstood the direction of the "vicious tide". LOL. Let me make this easier to understand: People are not laughing with you, they are laughing at you. Do you see the difference? I hope you start to. Sure, there are some exceptions but looks like they will come to their senses too, unless they are as confused as you are.

PS! Stop trolling your own threads, Oliver. It's really annoying and looks very unprofessional.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Doesn't the fact that I have been around and am well-respected in various communities, and have used the same name this whole time pretty much mean the exact opposite? I won the Canadian Go Championship in 2000 (or was that 2001, long time ago). I created the ASR. I wrote several books to help people. All of which have received praise.

That is true...

http://tsukino.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/usagi1a.pdf

River Mountain Go
Volume 1: 30 kyu to 20 kyu
By Oliver Richman
version 0.6.2 (September 1st, 2006)

http://gustavbertram.com/learning/games/go

Usagi's Go Books (Oliver Richman)
http://holosys.co.uk/usagi/

vip
After that, you will notice the tide viciously turned against people like EskimoBob and deprived. Thank god too, I was getting sick of those trolls.

Where did the tide "viciously turn against" me?  Must have missed that.  Or did all the people who "viciously turned" on me delete their posts before I even noticed them?

*tumbleweeds*
Activity: 532
After that, you will notice the tide viciously turned against people like EskimoBob and deprived. Thank god too, I was getting sick of those trolls.

Where did the tide "viciously turn against" me?  Must have missed that.  Or did all the people who "viciously turned" on me delete their posts before I even noticed them?
vip
Right now it is all we've got.

At least until bitcoin businesses and bitcoin investor learn to:

1. Make better decisions
2. Take responsibility for those decisions.

You're absolutely right. However, the decision to invest in these products was not mine (from that standpoint). I created niche products organized by risk, so that investors could take the risk they were going to take anyways more cheaply than before. I had low risk and high risk products. In fact one contract read akin to "Investments will be chosen solely based on return, without regard for risk".

This wasn't like Goldman Sachs where I told people that the issues were pure gold and they were really dogshit. I told people over and over and over not to invest entirely in high risk products. I told people to invest in a balanced mix. I told people at quite a few points that NYAN itself had reduced it's exposure from NYAN.C for example. If anything, I had advised people not to buy security X. There was absolutely no financial motive for me to sell crap. I would have made the same money if they bought .A, .B or .C. In fact, I would have made more money selling low risk products because they were better long term investments and it would have given the companies a better rep. So there was no motive for me to defraud people, and there was demonstrably no decision on my part to do so. All I was doing was allowing people to buy and sell what they would have done anyways. For example Mining, with BMF. There was a large demand for a pure mining market average. In short I saw a market and I took it. It wasn't even a shady or immoral market (mining for example). That's just how it was back then.

If you actually look around at all the people and businesses that were doing things similar to what I was doing...

1. I am in the 5% remaining who is still here and hasn't ran for the hills after getting a scammer tag.
2. I actually did a good job at what I was doing, lots of good feedback from actual customers. All of my companies made sense, and still do. There's still actually a market for stuff like what I was doing. The problem is that GLBSE shut down.
3. I am in the 1% who is still trying to run a business and make the bitcoin community a better place.

None of this means I was a scamer. In fact it points out quite clearly that I am not.

Another interesting point to make is regarding the recent, ahem, "doxing" if you will. So now, people have discovered that I have been using the same handle on the intravebs for the better part of 20 years. As a result of this, I am an anonymous lying scammer.

Wat

Doesn't the fact that I have been around and am well-respected in various communities, and have used the same name this whole time pretty much mean the exact opposite? I won the Canadian Go Championship in 2000 (or was that 2001, long time ago). I created the ASR. I wrote several books to help people. All of which have received praise. WRT martial arts I was invited to join several private MA forums like M.S's Neijia forum. The fact that rec.martial-arts was full of trolls and people are using that against me is a friggen joke. A song was written about me? LOL no shit, songs were written about EVERYONE. Even I wrote friggen songs about people. Hot shit the trolls here are STUPID. By pointing out who I am, they actually invalidated the very possibility of me being a troll. After that, you will notice the tide viciously turned against people like EskimoBob and deprived. Thank god too, I was getting sick of those trolls.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
Right now it is all we've got.

At least until bitcoin businesses and bitcoin investor learn to:

1. Make better decisions
2. Take responsibility for those decisions.
Wat
If, as you say, the mods have no time or interest in looking at this, shouldn't they apply for help or step back?

We have, theymos even posted a thread about it once. A couple people got all gung ho about it, but it didn't go anywhere. Turns out people don't want to spend their free time doing that. Go figure  Wink.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/independent-scam-investigations-90953

Most of us would be more than happy to have nothing at all to do with scammer tags. It's essentially a free service provided by the forum to try to help and pretty much the only thing gotten in return is complaining, trolling, accusations (no matter which way the decision goes), drama, etc. Someone gets the tag, well clearly it's because he ripped off staff. Someone doesn't get the tag, well clearly it's because staff is in on it. I do try and weigh in on high profile stuff, but that's about it. Too much hassle and grief to do anything more.

Scammer tags are increasingly meaningless.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
I'll let it rest for now because I have more productive work to do and because evidence is building up that he has mental issues (either that or he is faking it very well and is in fact a masochistic drama queen). If he does have delusional disorder, I have to think about how to proceed. I started taking an interest in usagi, because he has caused me damage in the past and is impossible to reason with. Then I noticed he is doing the same to many. Apart from some pathetic scam accusation threads he created the situation is contained for now. However if usagi tries to pull off another scammy business in the future, I'm sure I'll be all over it again. I would consider paying someone who is specializing in independent scam investigations as theymos proposed in that post. We'll see what happens next.

The only evidence which is 'building up' is that you main concern is to defame Usagi's business in this forum:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/deeplink-59549

Legitimate is not necessary, as long as the rest, with which I absolutely agree, is being honored.

I reject recent actions (or the lack thereof) and decisions of some operators on this forum. They are too out of whack with my beliefs and due to this I no longer want to be advocating support of this forum. In that light I have decided to ask for my Donator tag to be removed.

People are free to have their own opinion and act according to them. I appreciate that, I am very open and enjoy reading other opinions. But I am feeling very uneasy when advocating support for people or an operation when several lines have been crossed in respect to my own opinions.

I have already openly considered asking for my Donator tag to be removed during the begins of the GLBSE disaster. This thread has made clear to me that this is no longer only a consideration.

Theymos, please respect my wish and remove my Donator status

Keep the money I donated and please use it to compensate customers of GLBSE.

PM to Theymos sent

Who do you think you fool with this hypocritical drama?
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
If, as you say, the mods have no time or interest in looking at this, shouldn't they apply for help or step back?

We have, theymos even posted a thread about it once. A couple people got all gung ho about it, but it didn't go anywhere. Turns out people don't want to spend their free time doing that. Go figure  Wink.

Most of us would be more than happy to have nothing at all to do with scammer tags. It's essentially a free service provided by the forum to try to help and pretty much the only thing gotten in return is complaining, trolling, accusations (no matter which way the decision goes), drama, etc. Someone gets the tag, well clearly it's because he ripped off staff. Someone doesn't get the tag, well clearly it's because staff is in on it. I do try and weigh in on high profile stuff, but that's about it. Too much hassle and grief to do anything more.

Got it, thanks for the link and response.

I'll let it rest for now because I have more productive work to do and because evidence is building up that he has mental issues (either that or he is faking it very well and is in fact a masochistic drama queen). If he does have delusional disorder, I have to think about how to proceed. I started taking an interest in usagi, because he has caused me damage in the past and is impossible to reason with. Then I noticed he is doing the same to many. Apart from some pathetic scam accusation threads he created the situation is contained for now. However if usagi tries to pull off another scammy business in the future, I'm sure I'll be all over it again. I would consider paying someone who is specializing in independent scam investigations as theymos proposed in that post. We'll see what happens next.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

We have, theymos even posted a thread about it once. A couple people got all gung ho about it, but it didn't go anywhere. Turns out people don't want to spend their free time doing that. Go figure  Wink.

Activity: 532
Look - if you're ill you should go to bed.  I'll make a deal with you - I wont make any more posts in this thread until tomorrow if you don't make any more posts about me here until then.

Then tomorrow when you're hopefully feeling better we'll finish off establishing you were wrong on the first point about me and move on to the next.  And in a few weeks we'll likely have agreed (or at least demonstrated to everyone else) that there's zero merit at all in your accusations against me - in part because you regularly reply to what you think I said, rather than to what I actually said.
Pages:
Jump to: