Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 27. (Read 1152908 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
I'd say you're going to get it soon.  Wink

I've seen mine get to 99.8% but I haven't watched it enough to see it pass that.

Ok it's enough. I give up. After 99.9% the Prob section disappeared and it's 12 more hours since then without results Sad

Can we ask what prefix you were looking for?

1Sapiens

Interesting, have you confirmed it can find an easy address like "1Sap"?  

If you ran up to 99.9% and didn't find it, technically you should find it within 50% of the next try.  It's additive over time and doesn't restart searching through the same addresses it did last time.

Yep I did that check before and It has been successful in 10 seconds.

How can I be sure it will continue the work on restart? Does it save some hash/stuff somewhere? I will try another 50%. I'll let you know

EDIT: Ok i'm a naaab. I did the check with CPU and it was ok. Then with OCL I have a lot of CPU/GPU hash mismatch and I didn't know it's an issue. with -S option it seems running well but with half of Mkey/s.

Ok. I will dig deeper over amd driver problems after my vacation. I've found some threads from 2013, is there some solution for current AMD drivers (Windows 10)?

Past a few lines of output so we can see if there is a problem.
Code:
c:\oclvanitygen>oclvanitygen -d 0:0 -k 1Sapiens
Difficulty: 51529903411245
[25.70 Mkey/s][total 629145600][Prob 0.0%][50% in 16.1d]
The difficulty of 1Sapiens is very high for an 8 letter prefix because the capital S after the 1 has a lower probability of a match than other possibilities.  Based on one of my machines running @ 25Mkeys/s the difficulty for 1Sapiens (case sensitive) is 51529903411245 and I'm looking at ~16 days for 50% probability.  For an 8 letter prefix, you've picked a doozey.

I was using -i, It's not a must the S capital letter.

Code:
$ ./oclvanitygen -d 0:0 -i 1Sapiens
Difficulty: 805154740800
[26.12 Mkey/s][total 184549376][Prob 0.0%][50% in 5.9h]

The solution with AWS instances with NVIDIA GRID GPUs is still a valid solution? For a couple of bucks I could save myself burning alive in my bedroom Tongue

Yeah you could use AWS but use split-key generation to make sure that your key isn't compromised.
If you're going to do that, there are members on here who will generate keys for fees. It might be a little cheaper than AWS costs.
 I think Shorena does it but I'm not certain.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

I've seen mine get to 99.8% but I haven't watched it enough to see it pass that.

Ok it's enough. I give up. After 99.9% the Prob section disappeared and it's 12 more hours since then without results Sad

1Sapiens

If you ran up to 99.9% and didn't find it, technically you should find it within 50% of the next try.  It's additive over time and doesn't restart searching through the same addresses it did last time.

How can I be sure it will continue the work on restart? Does it save some hash/stuff somewhere? I will try another 50%. I'll let you know

EDIT: Ok i'm a naaab. I did the check with CPU and it was ok. Then with OCL I have a lot of CPU/GPU hash mismatch and I didn't know it's an issue. with -S option it seems running well but with half of Mkey/s.

Ok. I will dig deeper over amd driver problems after my vacation. I've found some threads from 2013, is there some solution for current AMD drivers (Windows 10)?

Code:
The difficulty of 1Sapiens is very high for an 8 letter prefix because the capital S after the 1 has a lower probability of a match than other possibilities.  Based on one of my machines running @ 25Mkeys/s the difficulty for 1Sapiens (case sensitive) is 51529903411245 and I'm looking at ~16 days for 50% probability.  For an 8 letter prefix, you've picked a doozey.

I was using -i, It's not a must the S capital letter.

Code:
$ ./oclvanitygen -d 0:0 -i 1Sapiens
Difficulty: 805154740800
[26.12 Mkey/s][total 184549376][Prob 0.0%][50% in 5.9h]

The solution with AWS instances with NVIDIA GRID GPUs is still a valid solution? For a couple of bucks I could save myself burning alive in my bedroom Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
I want to ask a question can someone with this vanitygen random generated addresses or any other generator while trying to reach the address he want end landing on someone else adderess and private key , so i enter my wallet to find someone had shared it with me and for sure spent my coins ??!!

i think i understand your question.. if you made a bitcoin address say 1btc or something, and used it, how possible is it to try to make that same wallet again?

the simple answer is very not likely.

while you can make other addresses start with 1btc.. you will never find exactly the same one twice.

I would say for sure that it's almost impossible. Otherwise, Bitcoin wouldn't be that safe anymore right?

"To obtain the same address, the result of RIPEMD-160 hashing would need to be the same. Probability of that happening is 1 in 2^160.

In simple terms, if you were testing against 500k patterns at 25/Mkey a second, it'd take about 25 quadrillion years to get a few collisions. Factoring out the randomness of course, as the nature of randomness entails that it could take 2 seconds or 2 sextillion years.

Even if you put all the calculating power of the entire bitcoin network on it, it would still take 10^12+ years."
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/7676/what-are-the-chances-of-vanitygen-address-private-key-pair-collision

Does this still work? Haven't used it in a while.
Yes it does.

Just used yesterday actually.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
I want to ask a question can someone with this vanitygen random generated addresses or any other generator while trying to reach the address he want end landing on someone else adderess and private key , so i enter my wallet to find someone had shared it with me and for sure spent my coins ??!!

i think i understand your question.. if you made a bitcoin address say 1btc or something, and used it, how possible is it to try to make that same wallet again?

while you can make other addresses start with 1btc.. you will never find exactly the same one twice.

So it's mathematically can but not very likely , i think it's just like we want to find each other in the ocean ...it can be done but needs 10000000% luck, is that right

its more like finding the same atom out of all the atoms in the entire world.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
Does this still work? Haven't used it in a while.
Activity: 661
Merit: 258

So it's mathematically can but not very likely , i think it's just like we want to find each other in the ocean ...it can be done but needs 10000000% luck, is that right
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Activity: 661
Merit: 258
legendary

1Sapiens

Code:
The difficulty of 1Sapiens is very high for an 8 letter prefix because the capital S after the 1 has a lower probability of a match than other possibilities.  Based on one of my machines running @ 25Mkeys/s the difficulty for 1Sapiens (case sensitive) is 51529903411245 and I'm looking at ~16 days for 50% probability.  For an 8 letter prefix, you've picked a doozey.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Definitely could be an issue with the driver. As for "continuing" the work - it doesn't resume as you're thinking, my understanding is five identical machines running to 20% would be the same as one machine running to 100%.
It will never reach 100%.

Think of it as throwing a dice trying to hit a 6 four times in a row. You can stop and continue at any moment, previous misses don't need to be saved, you just start at random again.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

Definitely could be an issue with the driver. As for "continuing" the work - it doesn't resume as you're thinking, my understanding is five identical machines running to 20% would be the same as one machine running to 100%.

1Sapiens

legendary
I'd say you're going to get it soon.  Wink

1Sapiens

If you ran up to 99.9% and didn't find it, technically you should find it within 50% of the next try.  It's additive over time and doesn't restart searching through the same addresses it did last time.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
1Sapiens
I suggest to try again, but with options -i -k. This way, at least you get to see some results during the search.
Hello,

is it normal after 2 days and 99.5% prob to do not find anything? Or Am I simply unlucky?

Yes and presently yes.
Are you looking for only one prefix or are you using a list?  Lists make better use of your processor time.

I need only 1 specific address that starts with 1+7 chars. 99.7% now :|

29 Mkey/s is a good result for a R9 280x? (Yes it's fucking hot in my room since 2 days.)

1Sapiens
legendary
Hello,

is it normal after 2 days and 99.5% prob to do not find anything? Or Am I simply unlucky?

Yes and presently yes.
Are you looking for only one prefix or are you using a list?  Lists make better use of your processor time.

29 Mkey/s is a good result for a R9 280x? (Yes it's fucking hot in my room since 2 days.)

Hello,

Yes and presently yes.

legendary
Hello,

Yes and presently yes.

legendary
Hello,

Yes and presently yes.

That's pretty good for the R9 280X.  You could probably tweak the voltage downward so it uses a few less watts; it might keep the room a little cooler too.  Hope your luck improves!

Hello,

Yes and presently yes.

Pages:
Jump to: