Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 28. (Read 1152908 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Hello,

is it normal after 2 days and 99.5% prob to do not find anything? Or Am I simply unlucky?

Yes and presently yes.
Are you looking for only one prefix or are you using a list?  Lists make better use of your processor time.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Hello,

is it normal after 2 days and 99.5% prob to do not find anything? Or Am I simply unlucky?

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
If you're running it on windows I don't believe I can help in this case as I'm utilizing unix with vanitygen and it's run for me at a command prompt with the command "./oclvanitygen"

I installed packages for OpenCL, CUDA, Nvidia drivers, compiled vanitygen from source and since oclvanitygen wasn't auto-compiled I had to specifically use "make oclvanitygen" to get the oclvanitygen files to work.

Sorry, I wish I could help further.   Smiley
Activity: 171
Merit: 102
Anyone running oclvanitygen with a GTX 1080 Ti?  I've had some stalling/crashing issues with it and am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.  Regular vanitygen works just fine with my CPU.

Yes, working fine for me, getting some nice ~95 Mhash/s  Smiley

Thanks for the info, I'm getting 102Mkey/s when it runs and I've tried a couple more things although nothing seems to have fixed it completely.

The auto-restart script I've been using will keep it alive if it crashes and at the current moment I'm not too worried.  Smiley

Hello, how did you do it on the GTX 1080 video card? I get an error message:

Error loading kernel file 'calc_addrs.cl': No such file or directory
Available OpenCL platforms:
0: [NVIDIA Corporation] NVIDIA CUDA
0: [NVIDIA Corporation] GeForce GTX 1080

How do I fix it?

Thank You

calc_addrs.cl should be in the directory where you're running vanitygen, did you compile it with "make oclvanitygen"?

And how exactly do you compile it, cause its already is in the same directory as oclvanitygen64, so its kind of confusing that it cant find the file, also does using an AMD card make any difference?
legendary
Anyone running oclvanitygen with a GTX 1080 Ti?  I've had some stalling/crashing issues with it and am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.  Regular vanitygen works just fine with my CPU.

Yes, working fine for me, getting some nice ~95 Mhash/s  Smiley

Thanks for the info, I'm getting 102Mkey/s when it runs and I've tried a couple more things although nothing seems to have fixed it completely.

The auto-restart script I've been using will keep it alive if it crashes and at the current moment I'm not too worried.  Smiley

How do I fix it?

Thank You

calc_addrs.cl should be in the directory where you're running vanitygen, did you compile it with "make oclvanitygen"?
Activity: 53
Merit: 2
Anyone running oclvanitygen with a GTX 1080 Ti?  I've had some stalling/crashing issues with it and am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.  Regular vanitygen works just fine with my CPU.

The auto-restart script I've been using will keep it alive if it crashes and at the current moment I'm not too worried.  Smiley

How do I fix it?

Thank You
legendary

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

Activity: 171
Merit: 102
What line of code is needed to select my GPU, ive tried so many different things but nothing seems to work. If somone could point out what im doing wrong that would be great, thanks.

C:\Users\Jack>C:\Users\Jack\Desktop\dfgdf\oclvanitygen64.exe -v -i 1test
Prefix difficulty:             16506514 1test
Difficulty: 16506514
0: [Intel(R) Corporation] Intel(R) OpenCL
  0: [Intel(R) Corporation] Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
  1: [Intel(R) Corporation] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz
1: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Ellesmere
  1: [GenuineIntel] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz

Ive tried C:\Users\Jack>C:\Users\Jack\Desktop\dfgdf\oclvanitygen64.exe -v -i 1test -D 1:0 but it just keeps bring me back to the same options.

Edit: ok I got it to work, but now im getting error loading kernel file 'calc_addrs.cl' : no such file or directory
Could not open device '1:0' ignoring.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
Yes, I know that. But I need unlimited or more then 40 character pattern.
Lol.
Trying to crack the Bitcoin richlist?

Just your bitcoin address  Smiley. Seriously, who has an unlimited version?
Grin Nobody. It's impossible, man.
Guys. I just need the programm. Don't tell me please "possible/impossible". I know that programmers can easily remove this limit. I'll pay a tip  Smiley

LOL.. seem you dont know what you asking for. 40 character... LOL you make my day.
Activity: 466
Merit: 253
Imagine a world without banks.......
How can we modify this to show Komodo (KMD) addresses?
legendary
CMIIW, but I doubt the AMD patch will do anything on your NVidia card. To me this sounds like an hardware issue. The card was designed for games, which although have high usage, are nowhere near the utilization of vanitygen. Esp. not for prolonged periods of time. If you have a way to improve the cooling system of the machine/card Id give it a try. Another method - common among miners - is to underclock the card until you get it at <70° or even <65° with the existing cooling system.

Yes, the AMD patch was just something to try and I didn't expect it to correct the issue although it seems to have had no effect positive or negative.  My temps aren't getting too high for the card and I don't believe I need to change anything with the cards cooling since when vanitygen has not stalled it runs at a solid 100Mkey/s.  There's no indication this is a video card / artifact type error and everything points to the unresponsive vanitygen process which I assume is due to some sort of driver / OpenCL issue.

I tried running vanitygen by limiting the threads with the "-t" option, although it still stalled out after some time.  It did take a lot longer to stall but it stopped eventually.

When the script catches it and restarts the process, it's back up and running at 100Mkey/s in less than 30 seconds from the process stalling.  Wink
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
Wanted to follow up that I've tried the below fix and have been logging how long it runs for, CPU/GPU utilization, and temps.

The latest source doesn't work properly for high-end AMD cards (7XXX and greater). Solution is to change line 459 in oclengine.c from: return quirks; to: return quirks & ~VG_OCL_AMD_BFI_INT;
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen

It still seems to stall out the same amount of times per day although I've written a script that restarts the process since I'm able to check the current GPU temperature versus expected temperature.  In my case the temperature while searching is ~73-76c and when the temperature drops below a certain number I can be sure that oclvanitygen has stalled.

The output of my restart script log shows the below while I'm using another script to log the utilization of CPU/GPU.
Code:
# # # # # Fri Jul 21 01:42:45 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
STARTING oclvanitygen
Starting GPU Temp: 52c

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 03:28:05 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Current GPU Temp: 68c
Run time: 1 hrs, 45 min, 15 sec
Lowest Temp: 61c - Highest Temp: 76c

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 09:38:07 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 6 hrs, 9 min, 15 sec

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 12:45:22 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 3 hrs, 6 min, 35 sec

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 15:01:59 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 2 hrs, 16 min, 0 sec
Lowest Temp: 61c - Highest Temp: 75c

Restarting it with an auto-restart script that checks GPU temp every 5 seconds solves the issue of losing search time but I'm wondering if there's some debugging mode or logging associated with vanitygen I might be missing.  Thanks!   Smiley

CMIIW, but I doubt the AMD patch will do anything on your NVidia card. To me this sounds like an hardware issue. The card was designed for games, which although have high usage, are nowhere near the utilization of vanitygen. Esp. not for prolonged periods of time. If you have a way to improve the cooling system of the machine/card Id give it a try. Another method - common among miners - is to underclock the card until you get it at <70° or even <65° with the existing cooling system.
legendary
Wanted to follow up that I've tried the below fix and have been logging how long it runs for, CPU/GPU utilization, and temps.

The latest source doesn't work properly for high-end AMD cards (7XXX and greater). Solution is to change line 459 in oclengine.c from: return quirks; to: return quirks & ~VG_OCL_AMD_BFI_INT;
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen

It still seems to stall out the same amount of times per day although I've written a script that restarts the process since I'm able to check the current GPU temperature versus expected temperature.  In my case the temperature while searching is ~73-76c and when the temperature drops below a certain number I can be sure that oclvanitygen has stalled.

The output of my restart script log shows the below while I'm using another script to log the utilization of CPU/GPU.
Code:
# # # # # Fri Jul 21 01:42:45 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
STARTING oclvanitygen
Starting GPU Temp: 52c

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 03:28:05 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 1 hrs, 45 min, 15 sec

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 09:38:07 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 6 hrs, 9 min, 15 sec

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 12:45:22 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 3 hrs, 6 min, 35 sec

# # # # # Fri Jul 21 15:01:59 EDT 2017 # # # # # # # # # #
RESTARTING oclvanitygen
Run time: 2 hrs, 16 min, 0 sec
Lowest Temp: 61c - Highest Temp: 75c

Restarting it with an auto-restart script that checks GPU temp every 5 seconds solves the issue of losing search time but I'm wondering if there's some debugging mode or logging associated with vanitygen I might be missing.  Thanks!   Smiley
legendary
Anyone running oclvanitygen with a GTX 1080 Ti?  I've had some stalling/crashing issues with it and am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.  Regular vanitygen works just fine with my CPU.
Activity: 392
Merit: 259
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ
With Vanitygen you can only generate addresses starting with "1", that only require one private key to spend (the one generated by the software).

But theoretically, you could begin constructing various scripts that only you can redeem (e.g. by using an ECDSA signature with a key you generate), hashing them, and seeing if they have the right prefix.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830

Vanitygen works great. But I've noticed BTC addresses can also start with 3.
The current version of Vanitygen won't allow me to generate patterns starting with 3. Will this be added to a future version maybe? Or are there technical limitations that make this impossible to do?

Because an address starting with "3" is actually used for Pay To Script Hash (P2SH).
This is normally used on multi-sig wallets, that require signatures from multiple private keys to spend the coins.

Multi-signature, also called multi-sig, is a security protocol that is part of the bitcoin core in which multiple private keys are required to sign a transaction. The technology is designed to increase the security of bitcoin storage. It is a technology that allows the generation of a bitcoin address that requires more than one private key and can require a specific combination of private keys (for example 3 out of 5 keys) to sign a bitcoin transaction before the coins are released.
https://support.xapo.com/what-is-multi-signature

With Vanitygen you can only generate addresses starting with "1", that only require one private key to spend (the one generated by the software).
Activity: 1

Vanitygen works great. But I've noticed BTC addresses can also start with 3.
The current version of Vanitygen won't allow me to generate patterns starting with 3. Will this be added to a future version maybe? Or are there technical limitations that make this impossible to do?

Activity: 19
Guys. I just need the programm. Don't tell me please "possible/impossible". I know that programmers can easily remove this limit. I'll pay a tip  Smiley

ExploitAgency's fork of (ocl)vanitygen doesn't have a prefix limit (and it supports 80+ altcoins). You can get it here: https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus

Thank you. But I know this programm. They have limit to full bitcoin address. But if remove 1 symbol all working good.
Activity: 35
Merit: 2
Guys. I just need the programm. Don't tell me please "possible/impossible". I know that programmers can easily remove this limit. I'll pay a tip  Smiley

ExploitAgency's fork of (ocl)vanitygen doesn't have a prefix limit (and it supports 80+ altcoins). You can get it here: https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus
Pages:
Jump to: