Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 84. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
For simply using Vanity with CMD , it sure shows me quite high time for finding 1koelen...... BTC address.
I don't think i have a chance to stumble on it Sad
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
I got a VPS from someone at a very cheap price. I wonder how can I use the VPS with Vanitygen. Any guide? Searched Google but dont seem to find any answer.

You can install vanitygen and generate vanity addresses like you do in a normal PC.

It is my first time using a VPS. I'm currently hosting with Nexhost. How do I install Vanitygen from the control panel? Is there a step by step guide?

You can use Putty. http://www.putty.org/

There are many tutorials for using Putty.

PuTTY is a tool for accessing the server. You will also need to know how to download and unpack the package (wget and tar), and install or compile-and-install (package manager for dependencies, autogen/configure/make/make install for compiling+installation).

Yes. He can also use compiled binaries if he can't compile.

Given the question (bolded in the quote), I think the suggestion to use PuTTY is a little misleading.  PuTTY is an SSH client for Windoze.  But the question was about installing vanitygen from the control panel.  So, I'm pretty sure what MZ means here is that "no you can't use the 'control panel', you'll need to get a shell on the server using an ssh client (such as PuTTY)."  Then, in that context, you can see that hexfraction is pointing out that beyond just getting a shell on the server, you'll need to actually know some commands on the server.  At least wget/curl and tar, so that you can get the binaries (even if you don't want to compile).

BTW, PuTTY is quite an awesome program.  I only use GNU/Linux and I'm always super-frustrated when I sit down at a library or somewhere that has windows and I can't do anything or install anything.  PuTTY is wonderful because you don't need to "install" it for it to work.  I just download it and click it and it runs and I don't have to be an "administrator" or whatever it's called and then I can log into a real computer and starting getting stuff done!
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
I got a VPS from someone at a very cheap price. I wonder how can I use the VPS with Vanitygen. Any guide? Searched Google but dont seem to find any answer.

You can install vanitygen and generate vanity addresses like you do in a normal PC.

It is my first time using a VPS. I'm currently hosting with Nexhost. How do I install Vanitygen from the control panel? Is there a step by step guide?

PuTTY is a tool for accessing the server. You will also need to know how to download and unpack the package (wget and tar), and install or compile-and-install (package manager for dependencies, autogen/configure/make/make install for compiling+installation).

Yes. He can also use compiled binaries if he can't compile.
Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Hello , I think we need an option to create green addresses for bitcoin and multisigs ones
will make this generator better .

Bitcoin Boy .

What are "green" addresses?  Can you provide a link or something?  I don't know what that means.

Don't know how this can be green address and vanitygen can go along. I don't like green address.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/instawallet-introduces-new-approach-to-instant-payment-green-address-technique-32818
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Green_address
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1730/what-are-green-addresses
http://www.coindesk.com/green-address-the-solution-to-slow-bitcoin-transactions/

Pic from CoinDesk.

legendary
Hello , I think we need an option to create green addresses for bitcoin and multisigs ones

Bitcoin Boy .

What are "green" addresses?  Can you provide a link or something?  I don't know what that means.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
|| Web developer ||

Bitcoin Boy .
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Make the program as SAMInside, only an attack on the private key?
Vanitygen is a completely different project.  There are existing projects for trying to attack a private key, but these are mostly dictionary-based (for keys generated from mnemonics).  Brute-forcing a private key is considered unfeasible.  There's plenty of pre-existing threads on this, have your pick Smiley
https://www.google.com/webhp#q=site%3Abitcointalk.org%20crack%20private
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Make the program as SAMInside, only an attack on the private key?
legendary
Yep, that works too.  Still wouldn't want to feed it a whole dictionary file, but that should still work.  Regex just adds the possibility of allowing matches somewhere other than the start - which on one hand means more valid addresses, but on the other means a slower search Smiley

Should also allow kleene star (or kleene +), and it looks like it also does the extentions of {2,5}... etc.  So if you wanted at least two words from your wordlist file you'd need:

1(w1|w2|w3...){2}

But I think you can't get that with just the flat wordlist.
FUN > ROI
Yep, that works too.  Still wouldn't want to feed it a whole dictionary file, but that should still work.  Regex just adds the possibility of allowing matches somewhere other than the start - which on one hand means more valid addresses, but on the other means a slower search Smiley
Hmm, it looks like it actually works with the option
Code:
-f wordlistFileName
with the wordlist in the form:

Code:
1foo
1bar
1baz

It will search in any order (i.e. the first match for any is printed)

I also used -i but it is up to you whether you want case-sensitive or not. It seems that the -i must be before -f wordlistFileName

Output is like:

Code:
hexafraction@wlan1-loopback /tmp> vanitygen -i -f ptn2
Prefix '1besides' ignored, overlaps '1beside'
Prefix '1breathe' ignored, overlaps '1breath'
Prefix '1completely' ignored, overlaps '1complete'
Prefix '1seriously' ignored, overlaps '1serious'
Prefix '1shoulder' ignored, overlaps '1should'
Prefix '1shouldnt' ignored, overlaps '1should'
Prefix '1suddenly' ignored, overlaps '1sudden'
Prefix '1thought' ignored, overlaps '1though'
Prefix '1werent' ignored, overlaps '1were'
Next match difficulty: 2413370 (278 prefixes)
Pattern: 1shed                                                                 
Address: 1sHeD5XXXXXXXXXX
Privkey: 5BLAHBLAHBLAH
Next match difficulty: 2826646 (277 prefixes)
Pattern: 1were                                                                 
Address: 1wEREGYYYYYYYYY
Privkey: 5YADAYADAYADA
Next match difficulty: 3410710 (276 prefixes)
legendary
At the point where you are dealing with such a huge dictionary, it might be time to consider moving from a regex to a custom application that is designed to very quickly look up prefixes (e.g. using a Trie modified for prefix searching or O(1)-contains set of some sort).

I would be glad to make something of the sort in Java. Just PM me and I'll find a time to do it.

I appreciate the offer.  But I wouldn't want to set anyone to doing this work without offering some sort of bounty, and as I'm basically just screwing around, I don't really have money to offer for it.  Again, thanks though!  If you're inspired to do this work on your own and you can also write in C, perhaps you'd consider submitting a patch to the vanitygen repo Smiley

Yeah, looks like it's limited in util.c, function vg_read_file:
Code:
const int blksize = 16*1024;
I haven't checked if you can just arbitrarily adjust that.

Of course you can always try putting more patterns on additional lines.  the letter 'A' for my dictionary file seems like it would be 2 lines, so... Smiley

Good luck Wink

Thanks Steve, I may screw around with that const depending on just how much fun I feel like having this afternoon Smiley
FUN > ROI
Yeah, looks like it's limited in util.c, function vg_read_file:
Code:
const int blksize = 16*1024;
I haven't checked if you can just arbitrarily adjust that.

Of course you can always try putting more patterns on additional lines.  the letter 'A' for my dictionary file seems like it would be 2 lines, so... Smiley

Good luck Wink
At the point where you are dealing with such a huge dictionary, it might be time to consider moving from a regex to a custom application that is designed to very quickly look up prefixes (e.g. using a Trie modified for prefix searching or O(1)-contains set of some sort).

I would be glad to make something of the sort in Java. Just PM me and I'll find a time to do it.
legendary
I'm guessing its the actual length in chars but I haven't trolled about in the source code enough to figure it out.  I figured someone on here may know offhand.
Didn't know off-hand - is probably something in the regex parser anyway - but a quick check shows it might be 16,384 bytes.

Are you trying to feed vanitygen a whole dictionary?  Not sure that's the most efficient way to go Smiley

Okay, I admit it yes Smiley  I didn't expect it to be efficient, though, just thought I'd see if I could make it try (Note: for me I'm almost always interested in first finding out what i can do and then, afterward, evaluating what should do separately).  I'll put the 16,384 hypothesis to an empirical test.  Thanks, TheRealSteve

EDIT:

You were right!

Code:
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ wc okay
    1     1 16384 okay
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -k -r -f okay
[25.04 Kkey/s][total 2048]                                                     ^C
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ wc toolong
    1     1 16385 toolong
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -k -r -f toolong
No patterns to search
Pages:
Jump to: