Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 85. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I'm guessing its the actual length in chars but I haven't trolled about in the source code enough to figure it out.  I figured someone on here may know offhand.
Didn't know off-hand - is probably something in the regex parser anyway - but a quick check shows it might be 16,384 bytes.

Are you trying to feed vanitygen a whole dictionary?  Not sure that's the most efficient way to go Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Tried putting the regex in a file and providing it with the -f option, but vanitygen just returned immediately
You still need -r as well, e.g.: vanitygen64 -r -f regex.lst

This works great (in general).  Follow up, if I have a really long conjunction of |s in my pattern, I get "No patterns to search", but a shorter list works fine.

Code:
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -r -f longlist
No patterns to search
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -r -f shortlist
Pattern: ^1(1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th|a|aaa|aaas|aarhus|aaron|aau|aba|ababa|aback|abacus|abaft|abandon|abandoned|abandoning|abandonment|abandons|abase|abased|abasement|abasements|abases|abash|abashed|abashes|abashing|abasing|abate|abated|abatement|abatements|abater|abates|abating|abbas|abbe|abbey|abbeys|abbot|abbots|abbott|abbreviate|abbreviated|abbreviates|abbreviating|abbreviation|abbreviations|abc|abdicate|abdomen|abdomens|abduct)+
Address: 1abP1hS2An7sho3ceT6QjvfwBL2et5gcK

My question is what is the threshold?  Is it the number of conjuncts?  Or is it the length of the file in chars?  I'm guessing its the actual length in chars but I haven't trolled about in the source code enough to figure it out.  I figured someone on here may know offhand.

Thanks again!  I'm having a lot of fun with vanitygen.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

Found the batch file!

https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen/issues/19

cd C:\Windows\System32
del SlotMaximizerAg.dll
del SlotMaximizerBe.dll
del amdocl64.dll
del OpenCL.dll
del OpenVideo64.dll
del OVDecode64.dll

cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64
del SlotMaximizerAg.dll
del SlotMaximizerBe.dll
del amdocl.dll
del OpenCL.dll
del OpenVideo.dll
del OVDecode.dll

rmdir C:\ProgramData\AMD\KDB /S /Q

I wouldn't delete those files just yet--maybe rename them to foo.dll.old, in case the reinstallation of the correct version fails for any reason.

Well that worked best for me with no issues at all and it took a lot less time than the uninstall/reinstall with a previous APP SDK which did not work because it left those files lying around.
Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

Found the batch file!

del SlotMaximizerAg.dll
del SlotMaximizerBe.dll
del amdocl64.dll
del OpenCL.dll
del OpenVideo64.dll
del OVDecode64.dll

del SlotMaximizerAg.dll
del SlotMaximizerBe.dll
del amdocl.dll
del OpenCL.dll
del OpenVideo.dll
del OVDecode.dll

I wouldn't delete those files just yet--maybe rename them to foo.dll.old, in case the reinstallation of the correct version fails for any reason.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq
Just to add to hexafraction's comment - which is factually correct - your screenshot shows a bunch of CPU vs GPU mismatches - and that is not normal (or at least, not supposed to happen very often).  Basically the OpenCL code tries to get a vanity, reports what it believes should be a match, and that is then double-checked with the CPU (which is known to perform the calculations correctly whereas the OpenCL implementation might fail).  If they match, no problem.  If they don't match, no vanity is actually found.  Having this many mismatches might mean your card's not supported or itself has issues or needs driver updates or... etc.  Lord knows with that stuff and unmaintained code Smiley

I checked and my graphics drivers are all up to date and the Gpu temp at the time was 45C

Yup something is wrong with my gpu since I tried just generating 1j and that didn't work

If you have an AMD radeon GPU, openCL was broken with Catalyst drivers after 12.6 (I'm not sure of the exact version).  It looks like you have the same issue I was having - I removed all the Catalyst drivers using this - http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/16748/ and reinstalled catalyst 14.9 and used the openCL drivers from APP SDK 2.7 which fixed the problem for me.  I can't find the link anymore but some guy actually wrote a batch to remove the offending files and instructions on how to get vanitygen working again which is actually safer than using the tool in the link above!  If I come across it, I'll post a link.

Found the batch file!

del SlotMaximizerAg.dll
del SlotMaximizerBe.dll
del amdocl64.dll
del OpenCL.dll
del OpenVideo64.dll
del OVDecode64.dll

del SlotMaximizerAg.dll
del SlotMaximizerBe.dll
del amdocl.dll
del OpenCL.dll
del OpenVideo.dll
del OVDecode.dll

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Just to add to hexafraction's comment - which is factually correct - your screenshot shows a bunch of CPU vs GPU mismatches - and that is not normal (or at least, not supposed to happen very often).  Basically the OpenCL code tries to get a vanity, reports what it believes should be a match, and that is then double-checked with the CPU (which is known to perform the calculations correctly whereas the OpenCL implementation might fail).  If they match, no problem.  If they don't match, no vanity is actually found.  Having this many mismatches might mean your card's not supported or itself has issues or needs driver updates or... etc.  Lord knows with that stuff and unmaintained code Smiley

I checked and my graphics drivers are all up to date and the Gpu temp at the time was 45C

Yup something is wrong with my gpu since I tried just generating 1j and that didn't work

If you have an AMD radeon GPU, openCL was broken with Catalyst drivers after 12.6 (I'm not sure of the exact version).  It looks like you have the same issue I was having - I removed all the Catalyst drivers using this - http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/16748/ and reinstalled catalyst 14.9 and used the openCL drivers from APP SDK 2.7 which fixed the problem for me.  I can't find the link anymore but some guy actually wrote a batch to remove the offending files and instructions on how to get vanitygen working again which is actually safer than using the tool in the link above!  If I come across it, I'll post a link.

Just to add to hexafraction's comment - which is factually correct - your screenshot shows a bunch of CPU vs GPU mismatches - and that is not normal (or at least, not supposed to happen very often).  Basically the OpenCL code tries to get a vanity, reports what it believes should be a match, and that is then double-checked with the CPU (which is known to perform the calculations correctly whereas the OpenCL implementation might fail).  If they match, no problem.  If they don't match, no vanity is actually found.  Having this many mismatches might mean your card's not supported or itself has issues or needs driver updates or... etc.  Lord knows with that stuff and unmaintained code Smiley

Worse, it could indicate overheating or hardware damage in your GPU's hardware, possibly manifesting in the inability to properly execute some OpenCL instruction (which, reasonably, might not have an effect on normal video rendering, but could show in mining a GPU-coin).
FUN > ROI
Just to add to hexafraction's comment - which is factually correct - your screenshot shows a bunch of CPU vs GPU mismatches - and that is not normal (or at least, not supposed to happen very often).  Basically the OpenCL code tries to get a vanity, reports what it believes should be a match, and that is then double-checked with the CPU (which is known to perform the calculations correctly whereas the OpenCL implementation might fail).  If they match, no problem.  If they don't match, no vanity is actually found.  Having this many mismatches might mean your card's not supported or itself has issues or needs driver updates or... etc.  Lord knows with that stuff and unmaintained code Smiley
Yes, it is normal for it to take this long.  1Joseph is a very difficult prefix to bruteforce, since the first 6 varying base 58 digits need to all match.

The difficulty is 15058417127, and my machine reports 8 hours to 50% chance. That means that I am going to have a 50 percent chance of getting a match within 8 hours. Depending on luck it could be in a minute, or take days to find a match.

Is it normal for this program to take this long?

I am running it with the following commands.
-i 1Joseph

I left it there overnight and it is still not done
legendary
Tried putting the regex in a file and providing it with the -f option, but vanitygen just returned immediately

Cool, will try this when I get back to the computer I was using yesterday.  Thanks TheRealSteve!
FUN > ROI
legendary
What's the syntax for vanity gen regexes?  That is, do I have to escape + and | (like in sed) or not (like in perl)?  What are my grouping characters, and do I have to escape them?  Finally, can I put my regex in a file?  Do I have to quote it?

Imagine I want this language: /1(a|b|c)+/, ie:  "1a,1aa,1aaa,...,1b,1bb,1bbb,...,1c,1cc,1ccc,...,1ab,1aab,...1abcbca,...".

I'm not sure about +, but you'll need to escape | (vertical pipe) as your shell will interpret it as a directive to hook up vanitygen's standard out to whatever follows the pipe. You could always try quoting it.

Right, but if I put it in a file then I wouldn't have the shell escaping problem.  I guess you have a point about using the empirical approach here (I just thought someone might know off hand so it was worth asking). Smiley

EDIT:

Tried putting the regex in a file and providing it with the -f option, but vanitygen just returned immediately with exit status 1:

Code:
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -f pattern
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ echo $?

Then I tried catting the file and I got an error back about too long an arg list (which is weird because my file doesn't have any spaces)

Code:
tspacepilot@god:~/src/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -r `cat pattern`
bash: ./vanitygen: Argument list too long

Guess I'm pushing things here.
What's the syntax for vanity gen regexes?  That is, do I have to escape + and | (like in sed) or not (like in perl)?  What are my grouping characters, and do I have to escape them?  Finally, can I put my regex in a file?  Do I have to quote it?

Imagine I want this language: /1(a|b|c)+/, ie:  "1a,1aa,1aaa,...,1b,1bb,1bbb,...,1c,1cc,1ccc,...,1ab,1aab,...1abcbca,...".

I'm not sure about +, but you'll need to escape | (vertical pipe) as your shell will interpret it as a directive to hook up vanitygen's standard out to whatever follows the pipe. You could always try quoting it.

Edit: Looks like quoting works, but you'll need to use the start-of-line anchor:

Code:
vanitygen -r "^1(a|b|c)+"

or

Code:
vanitygen -r "^1(a|b|c){1,3}"
legendary
What's the syntax for vanity gen regexes?  That is, do I have to escape + and | (like in sed) or not (like in perl)?  What are my grouping characters, and do I have to escape them?  Finally, can I put my regex in a file?  Do I have to quote it?

Imagine I want this language: /1(a|b|c)+/, ie:  "1a,1aa,1aaa,...,1b,1bb,1bbb,...,1c,1cc,1ccc,...,1ab,1aab,...1abcbca,...".
FUN > ROI
Hmm.. How does Cuda Toolkit work? What do I do after I install it? Am I on the right site - https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit? It look like a programming language..
Yeah, it's a toolkit for programmers that includes everything they would need to start programming, building, compiling and running CUDA and OpenCL applications.  After installation + reboot, things just worked for me.  That was quite a while ago - doesn't look like I did a write-up of it on here.  I also have no idea if it'll fix things for you - but it shouldn't hurt to try (other than taking up disk space) - with the caveat that nvidia (and amd and intel) love breaking things when you install stuff, so... at your own peril (backups, images, etc.)
I'd actually start with checking for new drivers first - OpenCL support is supposed to be in there already.

Well.. I have a low end CPU with a very low graphic card. When I play games.. I always use the low graphic option. For games like BF3.. My GPU and CPU can't handle it..
I can relate - I used to run things on an old Core 2 Duo with no real integrated graphics to speak of (I think it's a mobile ATi but it was barely good enough to get Half Life 2 running acceptably at a low resolution) - was still perfectly usable, though... it's what's hosting a Block Erupter USB at the moment along with Plex and a backup scheme, so if you want to use it, more power to ya.. just know that it'll be slow going Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
I cant find a way to use GPU. I'm getting OpenCL.dll missing error.
I had that on an NVidia machine.  I ended up installing the Cuda Toolkit first.  I have no idea how much of that still applies, though.

Hmm.. How does Cuda Toolkit work? What do I do after I install it? Am I on the right site - https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit? It look like a programming language..

Hmm.. so the so called "overclocking" - it is not overclocking - is that I open up my task manager and than end explorer.exe which take up lot of CPU usage.
If your task manager is sucking up CPU use, either your machine is quite slow, or you're displaying too much stuff too fast Smiley

Well.. I have a low end CPU with a very low graphic card. When I play games.. I always use the low graphic option. For games like BF3.. My GPU and CPU can't handle it..
FUN > ROI
I cant find a way to use GPU. I'm getting OpenCL.dll missing error.
I had that on an NVidia machine.  I ended up installing the Cuda Toolkit first.  I have no idea how much of that still applies, though.

Hmm.. so the so called "overclocking" - it is not overclocking - is that I open up my task manager and than end explorer.exe which take up lot of CPU usage.
If your task manager is sucking up CPU use, either your machine is quite slow, or you're displaying too much stuff too fast Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
@Muhammed Zakir, which version of vanitygen are you using? Noted for the potential spamming part although I dont mean to.

@TheRealSteve, it will take me sometime to look at the network. Thanks for the link. And yes, I cant find a way to use GPU. I'm getting OpenCL.dll missing error.

Pages:
Jump to: