Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 86. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Hmm.. so there are many Vanitygen out there?
Technically, I think there's only one - but there are many so-called 'forks' of it.  You can see an overview map of the direct forks at github: https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen/network
Most of them will just be people who forked the code and then didn't actually do anything with it, or only used it to make code changes that would then get merged back into the original code.  Others will have minor tweaks for a specific altcoin.  A few are more substantial.
One of the more impactful forks was the lifeboat version which improved performance on AMD graphics cards and added compressed key support.

Which one is the best? I mean.. in term of commands?
I honestly wouldn't know as I haven't looked at all of them - if I get bored I might do that at some point - but as I mentioned, I'd just use Kangaderoo's code.  If nothing else, he's recently been poking at it, while certainly the official code base has been abandoned ( samr7 up and disappeared )

I also find a way to "overclock" my computer from ~350 Kkey/s to 400 Kkey/s. Anyone wanna know the trick?
Of course everybody does - though it sounds like you're using the CPU version of vanitygen?  Why not use the GPU (OpenCL) version, which is much, much faster?
(one reason might be because it won't work on your card)
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Hmm.. so there are many Vanitygen out there? Which one is the best? I mean.. in term of commands? Today I manage to generate a six characters address using -i commands. The address start with 1doNAte. It took me around 30 minutes to complete. I also find a way to "overclock" my computer from ~350 Kkey/s to 400 Kkey/s. Anyone wanna know the trick?

There are few different versions but basics are same. Generating a compressed key ks faster, so use vanitygen which supports compressed keys such as Lifeboat's.

IMHO post tricks you know here, free help. By doing so rather than asking can avoid potential spams. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Hmm.. so there are many Vanitygen out there? Which one is the best? I mean.. in term of commands? Today I manage to generate a six characters address using -i commands. The address start with 1doNAte. It took me around 30 minutes to complete. I also find a way to "overclock" my computer from ~350 Kkey/s to 400 Kkey/s. Anyone wanna know the trick?
FUN > ROI
In Samir's vanitygen, compressed keys aren't supported, right? Lifeboats' vanitygen supports it and IIRC --help output have --F command.
Correct.  At this point I'd sooner compile Kangaderoo's version though.

Kangaderoo's version doesn't output the following in its help, for example:
-c = compressed (same as '-F compressed'): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9746173
-p = privtype, required for some altcoins: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8622628

Trivia: --help and -h aren't actually specified; running vanitygen with any invalid input essentially throws up the help Smiley
@Muhammed Zakir, thanks. I dont know there is so many commands.
Try the first post as well Smiley  Depending on vanitygen version, there's possibly also some options not listed in that post or provided in the --help output, e.g. "--F compressed" for compressed key output.

In Samir's vanitygen, compressed keys aren't supported, right? Lifeboats' vanitygen supports it and IIRC --help output have --F command.
FUN > ROI
@Muhammed Zakir, thanks. I dont know there is so many commands.
Try the first post as well Smiley  Depending on vanitygen version, there's possibly also some options not listed in that post or provided in the --help output, e.g. "--F compressed" for compressed key output.
legendary
@Muhammed Zakir, thanks. I dont know there is so many commands. Tried -i 1[five characters] and I got my results in less than 20 seconds. I guess I'm lucky for the first session - second session took me around 60 seconds to complete.

@guitarplinker, noted. However, I dont think I want to do a case insensitive search.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
What is -i option used for? Can I have a list of Vanitygen commands? After I made post #2126, I started my Vanitygen again. With normal commands. It is now at 5.9 percent.
The -i command means that it will run a case insensitive search. So if you want it to generate a 1JTK wallet with the "-i" command, it might then generate 1JtK instead. It basically just speeds up the generation time, but you're giving up case sensitivity.
How? Anyway, generated a three letters vanity address - 1JTKeHGEjFtJ3X2M8TCt1WvT1e2cDkgUHf (J: jack, T: the, K: king).

You can go for more. I generated 7 letter vanity address with just ~200+ Kkeys/s.

That's awesome. How long does it take? I tried to generate a four characters address and it took too long. I ended up closing Vanitygen.

About half an hour to 1 hour, to be estimate. I want to tell you that it wasn't 7 but 6. 6 chars prefix I searched were MZakir.

Hmm.. You're lucky to get 7 characters in an hour. My Vanitygen say it will take 7 hours to reach 50%. I'm not sure if I will be able to find it before 50% reached. I gonna try a five characters now.

I always see 1 hour or less when I search. I use "-i" option. I think you ain't using it.

What I run:

Code:
vanitygen -i 1MZakir >>a.txt

What is -i option used for? Can I have a list of Vanitygen commands? After I made post #2126, I started my Vanitygen again. With normal commands. It is now at 5.9 percent.

Run vanitygen --help to get a list of commands and their use.
legendary
Download and running at the speed of ~340 Kkey/s with CPU. Tried to use GPU but it throw me a OpenCL.dll missing error. I know this is nothing related to Vanitygen because I always get this error when trying to play high-end game. However, anyone know how to fix this error?
Install GPU drivers.

How? Anyway, generated a three letters vanity address - 1JTKeHGEjFtJ3X2M8TCt1WvT1e2cDkgUHf (J: jack, T: the, K: king).

You can go for more. I generated 7 letter vanity address with just ~200+ Kkeys/s.

That's awesome. How long does it take? I tried to generate a four characters address and it took too long. I ended up closing Vanitygen.

About half an hour to 1 hour, to be estimate. I want to tell you that it wasn't 7 but 6. 6 chars prefix I searched were MZakir.

Hmm.. You're lucky to get 7 characters in an hour. My Vanitygen say it will take 7 hours to reach 50%. I'm not sure if I will be able to find it before 50% reached. I gonna try a five characters now.

I always see 1 hour or less when I search. I use "-i" option. I think you ain't using it.

What I run:

Code:

Download and running at the speed of ~340 Kkey/s with CPU. Tried to use GPU but it throw me a OpenCL.dll missing error. I know this is nothing related to Vanitygen because I always get this error when trying to play high-end game. However, anyone know how to fix this error?
Install GPU drivers.

What I run:

Code:
legendary
Install GPU drivers.

Install GPU drivers.

legendary
Install GPU drivers.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Install GPU drivers.

Find it out yourself. You have advertising all over your account, so dont expect free help/support Wink
Install GPU drivers.

legendary
Install GPU drivers.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Install GPU drivers.
legendary
Activity: 518
I generated a address that I am very fond of, 1Greekhut. I am working on getting a few more like 1Canary 1Sinker and 1Send. All case sensitive.

If you find a very beautiful or very weird one you should apply to the hall of fame: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rare-address-hall-of-fame-90982
I will try to lol, right now im targeting the addresses listed because of some handles I have online.
Pages:
Jump to: