Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 95. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 11
I was thinking you could generate a private key on electrum, then offload the vanity address to someone else to generate then that has better processing power- or pay to have it done.
yep that is what this pool does.
If you use vanity pool, you are risking the exposure of the private key?
this is a three stage operation.
1- your create a key palr (priv key, publc key) that also yields a non vanity bitcoin address, for example on electrum, preferably more secure on your own system.
2- upload the request for a vanity address and the public key to this pool or another service that has the processing power.
3- retreive the priv key from this pool. The actual address generation routine only uses public keys.

combine this priv key(unsecure) with your priv key(secure) to generate a new priv key(secure).
(an online utitlity to do this is here gobittest(dot)appspot(dot)com/VanityAll
but since it is on the internet it is less secure than running the keyconv util)
this new priv key gives you the vanity address.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I was thinking you could generate a private key on electrum, then offload the vanity address to someone else to generate then that has better processing power- or pay to have it done.

If you use vanity pool, you are risking the exposure of the private key?
Shouldn't it be possible to use a master public key to use to generate the vanity key from?
This way, the private key is never exposed.

That would only be needed if you don't generate the address yourself.
You will need the private key to get access to your wallet.

The software has switches for this. A master public key that only you have the private key for can be used in
the generation process. The result private key (wif format) and your private key (also wif) can be combined
using the keyconv utility. This private key is now only known to you.

There is even a pool for this @ vanitypool(dot)appspot(dot)com
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Shouldn't it be possible to use a master public key to use to generate the vanity key from?
This way, the private key is never exposed.

legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Someone could make it work in the pimp distribution? (based on debian)
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
anyone got a script i can use to extract just the private keys from a output file?

Use notepad++ and a few params to delete anything that doesn't start with the right word or something else.

http://superuser.com/questions/290247/how-to-delete-all-line-except-lines-containing-a-word-i-need

great thanks!!
legendary
Activity: 977
Merit: 1000
anyone got a script i can use to extract just the private keys from a output file?

Use notepad++ and a few params to delete anything that doesn't start with the right word or something else.

http://superuser.com/questions/290247/how-to-delete-all-line-except-lines-containing-a-word-i-need
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

thanks, btw if we change date and time of our offline laptop before we generate address would that make our address more secure ?

There are mulitple types of security here.

First, do you trust the source where you downloaded the software.... ?
I build from the source-code itself to be sure my executable doesn't do anything unexplained.

The second type of security has to do with the ECSDA key generation.
This is linked to your SSL library.
Since it uses entropy to make key generation unique, it would even be hard for your computer to regenerate the same result.
Modern entropy uses time, (cpu) temperature readings, harddisk head locations etc etc to make it unique.

Then there is the security of you home network.

Etc etc.

As you can see if you play with the program is that for each extra character you add the time to get the address is multiplied by 60.
Even if you generate an address with the first 9 char in a preferred state, in order to get access to this address anyone else will have
to generate all 35 chars.

too bad im too noob and have to  trust other senior member here.
btw im making 7 wallet and then use the generated key to seed brain wallet... thats my noob way of generating secure wallet  LOL  

not bad eh... Grin Grin Grin
thats actually bad!
if you want to seed a brainwallet. get some "random" input (aka entropy) and seed the brainwallet with that.
legendary
Activity: 1456

thanks, btw if we change date and time of our offline laptop before we generate address would that make our address more secure ?

I build from the source-code itself to be sure my executable doesn't do anything unexplained.

Since it uses entropy to make key generation unique, it would even be hard for your computer to regenerate the same result.
Modern entropy uses time, (cpu) temperature readings, harddisk head locations etc etc to make it unique.

Etc etc.

As you can see if you play with the program is that for each extra character you add the time to get the address is multiplied by 60.
Even if you generate an address with the first 9 char in a preferred state, in order to get access to this address anyone else will have

too bad im too noob and have to  trust other senior member here.
btw im making 7 wallet and then use the generated key to seed brain wallet... thats my noob way of generating secure wallet  LOL  

not bad eh... Grin Grin Grin

Etc etc.

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

If you are using offline computer, then no problem/worries but changing date and time do nothing AFAIK. Just be careful when importing. Smiley

~~MZ~~
legendary

It is very secure.  If your computer is not secure however, then the addresses you generate will not be secure.
Also, if you export the private keys to an online wallet, you are potentially compromising the security of those addresses.
So the program is fine but the security issues arise when dealing with the key pairs you generate.

It is secure as long as you download from verified sources such as Samr7's and Lifeboat's.

~~MZ~~

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
I've been trying the generator with 2 GPU cards and I received an ERROR on my rig after the following command on terminal:
Code:
oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -k 1test
(3 GPU's working)

ERROR:
The instruction at "0xXXXXXXXX" referenced memory at "0xXXXXXXXX", The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate that program.

I'm using a 4GB RAM memory rig, the problem could be that I have too many GPU's for the RAM that's available?
I've tried the same process in other computer that I have with R9 280x (12.X drivers) and if I do the same command but with -S (secure), everything is working fine
Code:
oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -S -k 1test
but if i do it without the -S command they appear lots of DELTA Errors.
Code:
oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -k 1test

Anyone know what's happening or solved the problem? I thought that was because of 13.X drivers so I've downloaded to 12.X but now I have to generate it with -S (too low) and It's just working in one of my rigs…

Hope that anyone knows what's happening  Cheesy
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Hi,
This is great address generator, can anyone confirm that this wallet address generator is secure ?

EDIT: expecially the windows edition

thanks

It is secure as long as you download from verified sources such as Samr7's and Lifeboat's.

~~MZ~~
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Hi,
This is great address generator, can anyone confirm that this wallet address generator is secure ?

thanks

It is very secure.  If your computer is not secure however, then the addresses you generate will not be secure.
Also, if you export the private keys to an online wallet, you are potentially compromising the security of those addresses.
So the program is fine but the security issues arise when dealing with the key pairs you generate.
legendary
Hi,

thanks
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I've never came across this before, Need to create myself an address!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
anybody know a way to load a huge wordlist into vanitygen and still use the -i function? currently the max i can do while using -i is around 4000 but i want to be able to do a lot more than that Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
quick question i cant find the answer in the post
is the command "-1" working?
whenever i found the privatekey, the terminal keeps looking for more and more...
i want to just recive the solution in the "-o" file i create, and the terminal to stop... or close in better case Smiley thanks

Working in mine.  Can you paste your command line so I can see how you are doing it?

Wait, I'm using oclVanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)

Seems in the version oclVanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012)

the -1 option is not implemented.

so i have to update my openSSL? i downloaded from here the vanity, because is in the post, so im think i have 0.22 version
i cant see the version.
who i update my openssl? is there a comand for that? sorry i ask to many questions but i really need the -1 option

edit: i checked i have the 1.0.1f version.
im using this comand line:  "env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./sdklib ./oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -1 1Nasty"   any mistake there?

run vanitygen with just the -h option and nothing else.  It will give you the version information first followed by a list of valid options.  If the -1 option is not there, you wont be able to use it.

I just ran the lifeboat version with the command-line "oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -1 1Nasty" and I got this -

Pattern: 1Nasty
Address: 1NastyC4VZLhJnFW2oQy1ck2kkNYDNZ1N4
Privkey: 5J79D1XgDc1meLoGhCCPAFSsBfHAw1ycTba7nL75pJDVrCw12Kz

in about 30 seconds and the program terminated normally afterward.
Pages:
Jump to: