Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 92. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Also   The speed of my cpu is 230 kb/s is that slow ?
No way to tell without knowing what your CPU is, and what other people with the same or comparable CPU are getting.
This outdated page gives you some indication: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen
You can add to that list: 1.12Mkey/s on i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz
I'd definitely try to get oclvanitygen working, though - GPUs are much faster than CPUs, even most of the Intel integrated ones.

The start number 1 can't be changed ? I want to change it to something like 3
You can use the network version flag, X, to determine the output:
Code:
vanitygen.exe -X 5 3E
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

However, as Muhammed says:
If you change it to 3, it will be multisig address but Vanitygen made till now isn't compatible with multisig.
Just because you can generate an address that looks valid, doesn't mean it is valid.  Multisig addresses specifically require the input keys to generate the appropriate address.  So if you did use the above, all you'd really have is a regular Bitcoin address..that a lot of programs are not going to recognize as such.

Best to stick to the leading '1' if you want to generate Bitcoin addresses.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Its a nice tool i get his address with it : 1BiTzCkUyBZPSVDmQCuWe5W1BKZLMzccui tip here  Grin

If you change it to 3, it will be multisig address but Vanitygen made till now isn't compatible with multisig.

-MZ
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Its a nice tool i get his address with it : 1BiTzCkUyBZPSVDmQCuWe5W1BKZLMzccui tip here  Grin
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I do wonder if you wouldn't be better off serving the regex to vanitygen (ocl one doesn't do regex - nobody's bothered to add that to the opencl engine), given that otherwise you'll be dealing with quite large output files to match against.  Bit of a processing power vs memory thing.

There is one advantage of batch processing - if I change my mind and want something different, I'll have a store of billions of addresses I can run the regex against (if I can get oclvanitygen running). Vanitygen is generating addresses but only keeping them if they match some criteria. Given that the storage requirements are low, if you want to do multiple vanity addresses you're better off keeping addresses that don't match your current criteria.

If you have a very unlikely string that you want to match, then having a few billion addresses already on your drive could reduce the time to find an address containing it down to a few seconds rather than weeks.

If the storage+search later option is faster, I'd say remove all the pattern matching bits and only write out the address and private key (which needn't be WIF or even plaintext, binary representation of the number should do).  That should make the code a lot leaner, and certainly a lot faster.  Though given the very different scope, and the fact that vanitygen itself has some bits of code that are not necessarily optimal, I could certainly understand if this were done 'from scratch'.

Unfortunately my coding skills are limited so it hadn't occurred to me to try that. It might be a good opportunity to learn - thanks!

FUN > ROI
I do wonder if you wouldn't be better off serving the regex to vanitygen (ocl one doesn't do regex - nobody's bothered to add that to the opencl engine), given that otherwise you'll be dealing with quite large output files to match against.  Bit of a processing power vs memory thing.

If the storage+search later option is faster, I'd say remove all the pattern matching bits and only write out the address and private key (which needn't be WIF or even plaintext, binary representation of the number should do).  That should make the code a lot leaner, and certainly a lot faster.  Though given the very different scope, and the fact that vanitygen itself has some bits of code that are not necessarily optimal, I could certainly understand if this were done 'from scratch'.
donator
Poor impulse control.
Thanks for your ideas gentlemen.

It really looks like I need to get that GPU working, eh? I should have mentioned that the sorts of results I want are very unlikely - I managed to get 1QC2KE4GZ4SZ8AnpwVT483D2E97SLHTGCG after about 8 days on an oldish CPU (sacrificing work cycles, not mine!) and I'd like to be able to get something a bit more interesting, like ^1[A-Z]{1,30}npw[A-Z]{1,30}$.

FUN > ROI
Why not create a file with all the "words" you're looking to find including their variants and use the -f switch?  That way you can still use OCLvanitygen and it's a lot faster than using the CPU version and regex.

Because:
I can't get oclvanitygen to run on my nvidia 750ti (on ubuntu).

I'm not seeing regular vanitygen being slower with '1' vs '123' in terms of number of addresses output per time interval.  It's certainly possible that internally it is slower just because with the former it has to go through all the code of writing out those addresses, whereas with '123' there's a bunch it can just ignore.

That said - there's probably a more appropriate address generator.. just haven't seen need to use one, and a very brief Google search shows a lot of people do recommend vanitygen run as aforementioned.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Does anyone know of a fast address generator? I can regex a batch myself (to look for vanity addresses), but the address generators I've written are far too slow. As a plain address generator, even vanitygen is slow. Any ideas
Are you trying to generate just any address, or vanity addresses?  oclvanitygen even on modest hardware should be able to do millions of generic addresses per second, so I'm not sure what sort of rate you're looking for.

Just generic addresses, I want to regex the addresses later in a regex format I'm more familiar with. I create a few million addresses, then regex them.  I can't get oclvanitygen to run on my nvidia 750ti (on ubuntu).

I might just be using it wrong  - how do you get just plain addresses out of vanitygen?

You don't.  It was designed to pattern match.

Which is why I started by asking: "Does anyone know of a fast address generator?"

Well yeah but vanitygen is fast so I didn't understand what you were asking.  Why not create a file with all the "words" you're looking to find including their variants and use the -f switch?  That way you can still use OCLvanitygen and it's a lot faster than using the CPU version and regex.

donator
Poor impulse control.
Does anyone know of a fast address generator? I can regex a batch myself (to look for vanity addresses), but the address generators I've written are far too slow. As a plain address generator, even vanitygen is slow. Any ideas
Are you trying to generate just any address, or vanity addresses?  oclvanitygen even on modest hardware should be able to do millions of generic addresses per second, so I'm not sure what sort of rate you're looking for.

Just generic addresses, I want to regex the addresses later in a regex format I'm more familiar with. I create a few million addresses, then regex them.  I can't get oclvanitygen to run on my nvidia 750ti (on ubuntu).

I might just be using it wrong  - how do you get just plain addresses out of vanitygen?

Which is why I started by asking: "Does anyone know of a fast address generator?"

donator
Poor impulse control.
Just generic addresses, I want to regex the addresses later in a regex format I'm more familiar with. I create a few million addresses, then regex them.  I can't get oclvanitygen to run on my nvidia 750ti (on ubuntu).

I might just be using it wrong  - how do you get just plain addresses out of vanitygen?
You don't.  It was designed to pattern match.
Sure, but a pattern can be anything as long as it's valid, now can't it?

E.g.:
Code:
vanitygen.exe -o output.lst -F compressed -k 1

Or a regex that matches everything (not sure why you would, given the aforementioned):
Code:
vanitygen.exe -o output.lst -F compressed -k -r .*

Edit: fixed quotes, and for what it's worth - on a mobile quad core CPU the first one generated 13,700 addresses in 1 minute, so say close to 100,000/minute if I stuck it on all threads.  oclvanitygen would still be many times faster.

OK, yes you can get plain addresses if you just match the leading '1', but that's slower than matching eg '123' for some reason. On my machine, anyway.

FUN > ROI
Just generic addresses, I want to regex the addresses later in a regex format I'm more familiar with. I create a few million addresses, then regex them.  I can't get oclvanitygen to run on my nvidia 750ti (on ubuntu).

I might just be using it wrong  - how do you get just plain addresses out of vanitygen?
You don't.  It was designed to pattern match.
Sure, but a pattern can be anything as long as it's valid, now can't it?

E.g.:
Code:
vanitygen.exe -o output.lst -F compressed -k 1

Or a regex that matches everything (not sure why you would, given the aforementioned):
Code:
vanitygen.exe -o output.lst -F compressed -k -r .*

Edit: fixed quotes, and for what it's worth - on a mobile quad core CPU the first one generated 13,700 addresses in 1 minute, so say close to 100,000/minute if I stuck it on all threads.  oclvanitygen would still be many times faster.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Hi,
I have a question to oclvanitygen users.
I successfully compiled the software under Debian linux. I have old mining rig with 4 GPU.
Everything seems to work but the load of the cards is quite low: 70-90% and not stable.  Nothing that I'm used to when I recall old mining times with stable 99% load in cgminer.
How to increase the load to 99% ? It lowers performance a lot with ~80%.

Second question. I'm unsure how to read the results.
vanitygen provides simple and clear output:

Example:
Code:
./vanitygen 1tst
Difficulty: 4553521
Pattern: 1tst                                                                 
Address: 1tstajg1J32HDSVnFDpCoQ8rTCxmNRYvy
Privkey: 5KUruEhXzvmmCJuKhEUtzadNe51DgQzHuGA7EFeBM5mcwRDR2C1

oclvanitygen provides something different.

Example:
Code:
./oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -D 0:3 1tst
Difficulty: 4553521
Match idx: 0
CPU hash: a159f76402d9bab648b806082fbc347818825e98
GPU hash: 09cfb112e8f825a6a2ea5b6f83b96e33ac70c459
Found delta: 5955016 Start delta: 1

How to convert it to normal BTC address and private key?

I also noticed when I turn on single GPU workload rises to 97-98%.

I applied the patch and it works now however I still have shitty GPU loads. The more GPUs the less load.
With -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -D 0:3 it's ~70% each, hashing with 4x GPUs only @ 56 Mkeys/s while single GPU has 26Mkeys/s.
Is that normal?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

donator
Poor impulse control.

FUN > ROI
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
Gotta love Vanity address's
donator
Poor impulse control.
Which reminds me - I know this has been asked before but I can't find the reference.

Does anyone know of a fast address generator? I can regex a batch myself (to look for vanity addresses), but the address generators I've written are far too slow. As a plain address generator, even vanitygen is slow. Any ideas?

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Writing to dispel society's myths.
Is there a way check balance of vanity addresses automated?
You'll have to be more specific in what you're trying to achieve.  'vanity' addresses are just like regular addresses.
I know.I mean check balances automated.
seems you are trying to bruteforce addresses and check if some BTC are available with a given privkey.
simply said -> forget it, wont happen!
if you really want to be stupid and ignore the math behind it, you can try "Deep Space Vagabond"...
I already tested that I hated my self because i was so stupic ;
I generated 80 k addresses and save them with python then create a tool with php to test them all in the blockchain
it take 4 or 5 hours and all the addresses were 0 funds of course  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
You'll have to be more specific in what you're trying to achieve.  'vanity' addresses are just like regular addresses.
seems you are trying to bruteforce addresses and check if some BTC are available with a given privkey.
simply said -> forget it, wont happen!
if you really want to be stupid and ignore the math behind it, you can try "Deep Space Vagabond"...
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023
I am a good bro
You'll have to be more specific in what you're trying to achieve.  'vanity' addresses are just like regular addresses.
Pages:
Jump to: