Pages:
Author

Topic: vdragon Erupter-Groupbuy-Scam : Task Force - page 3. (Read 45935 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
PS: I scammer-tagged him to prevent him changing any details (posts etc).

Please also tag scammer EuropeanMiner. It would be nice if there is possible to restore
all of the posts he made while preparing his scam. He deleted most of them after he was exposed.

Profile:   https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/europeanminer-136036

For now I beleive it is just an alt of the vdragon, and there are more of his alts out there possible.

route

He's already banned by some other mod/admin here.

I don't understand how escrow could have been used in this case. The seller needs the money to send the product so either you trust the main group buyer with all the money and then all of the products before sending them out or you send the money to an escrow, they send to the seller and the main group buyer still has to be trusted with all of the products before mailing them out to the group buyers. Please clarify my outrageous line of thought if I'm wrong. As far as I know all of the block eruptors go to one address.

True. Escrow could do nothing but make sure the order is actually executed.
That is still better than what happened here, though, as the scammer would have to get rid - or mine with - the eruptors, instead of getting a load of bitcoins he can instantly convert to cash.
Probably makes things easier in case legal actions are taken, too.

Still does not fix the issue, I agree, and apologize.

But that's not the part that made me mad. Cheesy

Well, if a partial escrow was used here, you guys would have the location where the products were sent to, and probably his ID and stuff if he choose to verify them with the escrower. Not to mention that he'll have a PITA trying to liquidate the miners as we're a small community anyway.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
I don't understand how escrow could have been used in this case. The seller needs the money to send the product so either you trust the main group buyer with all the money and then all of the products before sending them out or you send the money to an escrow, they send to the seller and the main group buyer still has to be trusted with all of the products before mailing them out to the group buyers. Please clarify my outrageous line of thought if I'm wrong. As far as I know all of the block eruptors go to one address.

True. Escrow could do nothing but make sure the order is actually executed.
That is still better than what happened here, though, as the scammer would have to get rid - or mine with - the eruptors, instead of getting a load of bitcoins he can instantly convert to cash.
Probably makes things easier in case legal actions are taken, too.

Still does not fix the issue, I agree, and apologize.

But that's not the part that made me mad. Cheesy
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
You are not special.
That is complete bullshit, sorry.
Serious group-buyers use escrow. The rest get scammed. Period.

This is completely outrageous to suggest that (one of ?) the only asics provider with real stock should cover for a scam involving his products ?
You want him to pay for all the AM shares scams, too ?

You pissed me off, there.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Please also tag scammer EuropeanMiner. It would be nice if there is possible to restore
all of the posts he made while preparing his scam. He deleted most of them after he was exposed.

Profile:   https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/europeanminer-136036

For now I beleive it is just an alt of the vdragon, and there are more of his alts out there possible.

route
legendary
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
Would there be any way that the seller of the blockerruptors (friedcat?) would give you the block eruptors you paid for? I know that fraud takes place in these forums all the time but it seems that this one was unavoidable. The way that they were being sold meant you needed to place trust in one person and escrow wasn't easy or practical. Has anyone tried emailing him make him aware of the situation. If I were him I'd feel partly responsible for your loss and I'm sure a few blockeruptors wouldn't break his bank when I'm sure it has for a lot of you guys.

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion or it has been done already, it just seems investigation is becoming stale and it's not looking good.

That is complete bullshit, sorry.
Serious group-buyers use escrow. The rest get scammed. Period.

This is completely outrageous to suggest that (one of ?) the only asics provider with real stock should cover for a scam involving his products ?
You want him to pay for all the AM shares scams, too ?

You pissed me off, there.
You are not special.
If I were him I'd feel partly responsible for your loss

BS. Stop "feeling sorry" on other people's BTC. You wish to pay for all the scams going on, go ahead.

Alternatively, the various muppets thinking they're hot shit on the basis of having said the word "Bitcoin" fifty times the past week and having "been involved" for "a long time" by nobody having heard of them ever since last Autumn need to chill the fuck out, read my posts, get with the program and stop feeding the scammers.

What the hell does the peanut gallery think Bitcoin is, anyway?
I've always wondered why your ignore button is so lit up. I justified my reasoning. I know there is a lot of fraud in the forums but this is a bit different. The means that these were sold made them vulnerable to fraud and I feel that part of this responsibility lies with the seller.
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
@green65
Do you filed a case at interpol financial crimes too? I think that could be useful.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
If I were him I'd feel partly responsible for your loss

BS. Stop "feeling sorry" on other people's BTC. You wish to pay for all the scams going on, go ahead.

Alternatively, the various muppets thinking they're hot shit on the basis of having said the word "Bitcoin" fifty times the past week and having "been involved" for "a long time" by nobody having heard of them ever since last Autumn need to chill the fuck out, read my posts, get with the program and stop feeding the scammers.

What the hell does the peanut gallery think Bitcoin is, anyway?
You are not special.
Would there be any way that the seller of the blockerruptors (friedcat?) would give you the block eruptors you paid for? I know that fraud takes place in these forums all the time but it seems that this one was unavoidable. The way that they were being sold meant you needed to place trust in one person and escrow wasn't easy or practical. Has anyone tried emailing him make him aware of the situation. If I were him I'd feel partly responsible for your loss and I'm sure a few blockeruptors wouldn't break his bank when I'm sure it has for a lot of you guys.

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion or it has been done already, it just seems investigation is becoming stale and it's not looking good.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
we need news green65.
question did we ever have proof that green65 was not vdragon? i could be totally wrong and if i am i would like to apologize to green65 i just wish there was a way to check and so whose who

green65 is a legit guy, if you check his other threads, he's selling usb fan's which he probably bought for these block erupters.

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
we need news green65.
question did we ever have proof that green65 was not vdragon? i could be totally wrong and if i am i would like to apologize to green65 i just wish there was a way to check and so whose who
Activity: 290
we need news green65.
Mod's can't check ip address etc, only admins can.  Sad

TradeFortress apparently can, too. Unless that PM he sent to me was only bragging.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Yeah I found that selling thing too.
Are there really no mods here who help with this kind of thing. IP checks and whatnot.  It just seems so shit that scams are so easily donecandvare allowed ton continue undeterred

Mod's can't check ip address etc, only admins can.  Sad
Activity: 238
KUPO!
Yeah I found that selling thing too.
Are there really no mods here who help with this kind of thing. IP checks and whatnot.  It just seems so shit that scams are so easily donecandvare allowed ton continue undeterred
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
There are some possibilities:
A: he is clean. still on the drive way or pausing in a motel without internet. and has a fucking reason pushing all our 300 btc through a mixer
B: was a legit member before and decided to do this scam shortly
C: scam was planned long before and so are all old posts fake and just part of a story (=we are screwed)

D: his account was compromised (just to list this, too)

Did he post shipping rates anywhere? This could potentially shrink the area where he might be located as I assume that s/h rates to country x from location y are different than from country z to location x. Very vague lead, but I just wanted to give some input..

I'd say: get theymos in here.

Edit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148086.0;wap

If you search [email protected] you will find he might have sold his account and someone else is using it.

Wow, good find.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
Hi guys, was just browsing and curious about doing research but I have nothing to do with anything of this.
Just googled the guys email and found it on a list where people seem to be asked to sell their forum account.
If it helps here's the link.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148086.0;wap

If you search [email protected] you will find he might have sold his account and someone else is using it.
You will find [email protected], which could be a stolen/hacked account as well. It's in Hongkong.
http://www.whoismind.com/whois/chromaticcreative.net.html
Twitter: @lordsonkit

For what it's worth, i hate scams so goodluck on this. But don't hunt the wrong ones, they could be victim themselves.
Activity: 290
Hi,

dude also invited his victims to this scam on bitcoinforum.com  https://www.bitcoinforum.com/marketplace/usb-erupters-groupbuy-0-89btc-a-piece-euint/msg4453/#msg4453.

But one has to register to see posts.

Here is the screenshot:

Just another lead for police to pursue.

route

Someone can go .bitcoinforum.com and ask moderators to cooperate with IPs loggs and other infos.
legendary
Merit: 1007
Wow. I honestly hope you find him. If anybody knows him face-to-face, then speak up. Good luck, guys.
Pages:
Jump to: