Pages:
Author

Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM - page 7. (Read 10803 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12
April 01, 2018, 03:01:33 AM
DieTapeoutsAreNotMicroArchs 2 weeks ago.

You must mean the Vega 10 base die tapeout that is a rather shader heavy design that has to do dual duty as the base die design used for AMD's Radeon Pro WX 9100s and Radeon Instinct MI25s compute/AI SKUs and the same Vega 10 base die design/tapeout that is used for the Vega 56/64(64 ROPs max) SKUs. Vega 10 has a great reputation with compute/mining usage and the Vega 10 base die was only designed to compete with the GP104 base die based GTX 1080(64 ROPs max) and not the GP102(96 total ROPs available) base die based GTX 1080Ti with the Ti's 88 ROPs able to really beat both the Vega 64 and the GTX1080 in that pixel fill rate metric that sees the GTX1080Ti able to push out the highest FPS metrics.

The Vega GPU micro-arch is very efficient on that nCU basis and just look at Raven Ridge and Vega is used there for low power mobile as well as desktop Raven Ridge. The Vega 10 base die based Vega 64 competes nicely with the GTX 1080 as it was designed to do and it is only because of those excess shader cores on the Vega 10 base die based Vega 56/64 SKUs have that is the only reason that those SKUs use more power and are so popular with the miners for that very reason of having an excess of shader cores(load of hashes).

Nvidia can afford to spend millions on 5 differet base die tapouts(GP100, GP102, GP104. GP106. and GP108) while AMD at the time only could afford that one Vega 10 base die tapout that had to be used across its professional(WX 9100, MI25) compute/AI SKUs and its consumer gaming(Vega 56/64) top end SKUs. Anything Vega 10 base die based is not really tuned for gaming only not with all those excess shader cores provided by the Vega 10 tapeout.

Wait for A gaming focused discrete Vega base die tapeout before you can fully judge the Vega GPU micro-arch's real efficiency. I'd like to even See the Vega Discrete Mobile variant's TMU to shader ratios and ROP to shader ratios looked at and compared to any Pascal variant's TMU to shader rations and ROP to shader ratios. Ditto for that Intel/Vega semi-custom Vega discrete die tapeout the is used on the EMIB/MCM.

The Vega 56 SKUs has the same number of TMUs(224), and shader cores(3584) as the GTX 1080Ti but lacks the ROPs, the Vega 56 has 64 ROPs(same number as the Vega 64, at 64 ROPs) while GTX 1080Ti has 88 ROPs, and ROPs are where the pixel fill rate equates directy to FPS. Maybe if AMD tapes out a new Vega Base die that offers more ROPs similar to GP102(96 total ROPs available) then AMD can compete wtith the GTX 1080Ti(88 ROPs) . GP102 is more a Nvidia Pro GPU base die tapeout anyways as GP104 was the actually the gaming only focused tapeout that the GTX1080/70 are based on. Vega 10 is a computing oriented design with its 4096 shader cores and it's no wonder the miners want the Vega 64 that uses 4096 shaders and that's a load of extra compute.

credit to Gamers Nexus
https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3262-asrock-officially-making-video-cards-for-amd-gpus
March 31, 2018, 05:35:29 PM
Fully agree with you. I also bet for a vega 56 rig. All details here:
http://criptobakery.com/?page_id=101

Wish you all the best.

thnx,
 I personally cant wait to have the beta quick miner start for testing but its still under development

hoping this effort will benefit all Vega owners now and in the future
Activity: 36
March 30, 2018, 06:23:51 PM
Fully agree with you. I also bet for a vega 56 rig. All details here:
http://criptobakery.com/?page_id=101

Wish you all the best.
March 28, 2018, 12:21:58 PM
thnx!

seems we cant be off the mark as what most would like to see in the software

we are focusing, in order, on stability, ease, speed and power consumption
VGA QuickMinerStart V01.0.0 has already within the architecture:

1.)
HBM2 Temperature gauge with throttling cut offs,
i will talk to the software coding team about a log file (perhaps as part of an update package)
2.)
Easy User Interface, to control 2 presets (ECO and TURBO) for Ethash 41.5-44.3MH/s and Cryptonight 1840-2010H/s and ability to manualy toggle the usual states from Wattman/Ntool (lower states are controlled by fixed/volatile reg tables)

The software will be tested first by the VegaToken Dev Team to make sure its up to par and cross checked for any unwanted coding before released as beta to those whom have already shown their COST FREE interest at https://vegatoken.org/, thank you, to you many that have already.
At the close of the Initial Token Offer those whom opted to participate in the VGA community shall receive their copy and subsequent updates/drivers.

3.)
Presets come from R&D and we are fully loaded and underfunded at the moment meaning more presets will come with future updates, we are keeping it simple and easy to start with.

4.)
There are plans to include a smart-switch between coins, the question being rigs with lesser power must look at the difficulty curve over a longer period than faster rigs, its simply a lot of extra detection and action coding that would send the cost of this initial Dev Team funded project over the limits in terms of time and money and that's the truth.

5.)
As explained in point 2.) there will be 2 presets for the two algos Ethash and Cryptonight

Thank you for the suggestions but as you can see vega minds think alike, the rest of your suggestions and any more can be implemented either after beta release or after ITO as an update.
There are more features we have laid in the framework for example a auto restart on crash and timed restart for those that wish it.

Trying to keep it as light, fast, stable and easy as possible, ultimately after finding your prefered settings at initial setup there should be only one button to start mining from PC startup.

Its framed on WIN10-64 for now.

We have also begun design of the first 54MH/s-2300H/s VGA Blockchain Drivers, which should be available Q4 2018 but thats not a promise yet (hoping sooner, will see after ITO)

We are plannig to start 4 thread cryptonight mining on the FE with special a HBM2 contoller and kernel setup, all this after the ITO

Getting ready for Official ANN thread......

Activity: 69
Merit: 2
March 27, 2018, 12:59:39 PM
Whats definetely needed imo is

1.)
A log file, where you can see min/max. temperature of Core and Memory of every card. The interested miner wants to check the specs of his rig at any time and if it chrashes he wants to see what happened, when and with which card.

2.)
Easy use of software to reach as many Vegaminers as possible. As long as the software is not stable or to complicated to install/use people wont take the risk to try something new and lose mining time while trying.

3.)
Different presets. It should be possible to start different presets within an Algo. Something like eco(low power consumption) standard(best hash/watt) or turbo(max hash).

4.)
Different presets in your mining strategy. Something like
Safe Mode(despite Difficulty and Global hashrate the rig farms only "safecoins" or the "bigplayers") Like only switching between etherium monero and electronium f.e.
Performance mode(searching the lowest difficulty so u get max coin for your hash on whatever currency is the easiest to mine).

5.)
For every preset there should be the possibility to specify his own coin set.

For an example.
User wants standard peformance mode for Monero, SUMO and Etherium on his rig.
=> Oc settings for best hash/watt and searching lowest difficulty to get max coin of whatever coins are specified by user/system.

Hope this can help
Greetz
March 26, 2018, 07:12:18 PM
https://vegatoken.org/ is currently scripting software for mass adoption, that will detect hardware and automate miner starts and restarts at set presets of choice (speed/power draw), for EThash and Cryptonight

the Software Package will be released at the end of the ITO period
Official Announce in 2 weeks approx

would be glad to hear suggestions for inclusion within the architecture

all info concerning the VGA project on this thread should be considered a heads up for the enthusiast,
my thank you to all here came in the form of a promocode on the previous page
March 25, 2018, 11:31:26 AM
think we'll let bitmain and biakal show us theirs before we show them OURS     Wink
March 24, 2018, 05:21:49 PM
March 24, 2018, 05:03:41 PM
i came about the information via my own research

in continuation,  proceeded to mine the coin and verify the calculator claims which were accurate enough for me to make a suggestion here

I do not repeat others without clearly indicating so with sources stated and credit given where its due (eg I sent ETH to Geek Mark for giving US 2000H/s on the frontiers)

unfortunately this thread has gainned a resisent troll with nothing constructive to add but rather critisise  spreading rumours and lies

if you've been on forums long enough you know that trolled threads have something to offer that's been obscured by some bozo

if you own a Vega you need this link:

https://www.cryptunit.com/

all the cryptonight / cryptonote minable coins with their relevant info/links/downloads/pools/charts etc

dont like to quote myself,
from previous page

---------------------------------------------------

development of new Vega Rig software is underway,
will be running preliminary tests mid next month attempting release in conjunction with the VEGA Token ITO
a beta pre release will occur for those few that showed interest (so far) before launch

my miners are steady, allowing time for development and evolution

busy bee... no time for petty bullshit

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
March 23, 2018, 04:38:11 PM

This calc is pretty accurate unless there is a big spike in one of the coins prices, then like I previously said everyone jumps on to mine it and the difficulty rises so everyone makes a lot less.

So in your experience is better to mine a coin thats more stable?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
March 23, 2018, 11:45:50 AM
He just regurgitates stuff from other sites/posts.  You can find whats best to mine for cryptonight here.  Try "live profit"  https://www.cryptunit.com/  The problem usually lies when you go to mine with everyone else the difficulty skyrockets and you don't earn what the calculator claimed you would.

Hey thanks. Didn't know there was a cryptonight only profit calculator. Do you happen to have any experience with the accuracy of these estimates?
I was about to sell off my VEGAs (is that a good idea?) but after seeing this i guess i could still squeeze some profit from them.

This calc is pretty accurate unless there is a big spike in one of the coins prices, then like I previously said everyone jumps on to mine it and the difficulty rises so everyone makes a lot less.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
March 22, 2018, 10:38:43 PM
He just regurgitates stuff from other sites/posts.  You can find whats best to mine for cryptonight here.  Try "live profit"  https://www.cryptunit.com/  The problem usually lies when you go to mine with everyone else the difficulty skyrockets and you don't earn what the calculator claimed you would.

Hey thanks. Didn't know there was a cryptonight only profit calculator. Do you happen to have any experience with the accuracy of these estimates?
I was about to sell off my VEGAs (is that a good idea?) but after seeing this i guess i could still squeeze some profit from them.
March 22, 2018, 10:21:55 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Tip of the Day

Mine Turtle Coin and sell on Tradeogre, at 1 Satoshi you earn average $30/day@28KHs if you need the $$$ now and its great to keep as it cant get any cheaper
i use:
https://trtl.mine2gether.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just so I can understand may I ask how you came to know about this please? Was it from a website or your from own research into the profobilility of the coin?

March 22, 2018, 09:22:20 PM

2nd Tip of the Day

Mine Turtle Coin and sell on Tradeogre, at 1 Satoshi you earn average $30/day@28KHs if you need the $$$ now and its great to keep as it cant get any cheaper
i use:

Just so I can understand may I ask how you came to know about this please? Was it from a website or your from own research into the profobilility of the coin?

Activity: 69
Merit: 2
March 20, 2018, 06:45:01 PM
i will stay tuned  Wink
March 20, 2018, 06:02:33 PM
Tip of the day:

If you are mining with Vega Frontier Edition and are following the "Geek Mark" disable/enable method
you already know that restarting the pc means ddu and reinstall in order to run 2000h/s cryptonight

i found a short cut,
if you must restart, or machine restarts automatically
instead of duu...etc, in device manager uninstal all gpus, but not the drivers and restart as is
it will take a long time so be patient for the sys to detect and install them all automaticaly, you should see a tach light on the gpus come on one by one accompanied by a short blast from the fan
(if a gpu is showing all tach lights on, you have atikmpag/riser/etc issues, try restarting a few times until all show 1 led tach light on -red or blue not green)

in device manager all gpus should be present and functioning, double click on the first, driver tab, the driver should be Adrenalin not Blockchain
disable all GPUs but one, on that one update driver, have disk.......etc, to blockchain driver, all gpus will get updated and enable by themselves
in registry disable crossfire etc, reg edit pp table,
disable/enable  gpus again
you're good to go

Vegatoken (VGA) is currently undergoing Etherscan.io registration (2 or more weeks) after which it will be registered at Coinmarketcap and all relevant exchanges for the Initial Token Offer (ITO) date
so the future VGA community proprietor will be able to invest or divest VGA via use of the Metamask Wallet (Chrome extension) in conjunction with MyEtherWallet, or store VGA on a ledger /  trezor etc

will publish all the details in due time when registrations and verifications are complete with the ITO date set
the dev team is against pre sales, discounts, airdrops etc but there will be a little extra for you reading this line right now
by going to the official site https://vegatoken.org/ and sending us a message with the promo code POOPDATROL , any investment made at the ITO with a registered promocode email will receive 10% bonus VGA Tokens on your participation and a pre release copy of the first VGA community Software (its already in the works, will be announced to coincide with ITO and yes the dev team is paying for its development along with all other expenses) which will cut your RX Vega installation time by 2/3 and automate your miner restart after crash.
This offer shall become null and void at the moment of official ITO Announcement on Bitcointalk so thank you for your support so far in this thread and our adventure in the very near future.......

----------------------------------------------------------------

still no retail 64, 56, FE,
shop here in Oslo, has pushed forward delivery dates from last year Dec to 17April,
6 of them are mine but have they left the factory yet?
i dont buy the hbm2 memory shortage as the stand lone reason for this gaint marketing/supply fumble, in the corporate world its a capital sin not being able to supply demand after launch,
or some entity/s is/are buying them all at insane prices from manufacture
(hey 'they' can, 'they' do print the money you know  Wink  )

friggin atikmpag (dag) conflict.......Visual Studio blah blah blah....... YOU ARE NEXT !!!!!

2nd Tip of the Day

i use:

3rd Tip of the day

Buy a wifi  controlled on/off electrical socket adapter (there must be wifi near your rig), you can find them ebay etc...
make sure the W rating is well over your rig demand
connect your rig to it and set rig bios power management options to enable on power up
now you can remotely restart your miner via the android/ios app if it freezes and you cant get to it to press the reset button
you know, for that annoying moment when the rig goes off line and teamviewer doesnt want to connect so you can restart remotely
(and with the aforementioned software development, all this will become seemless even if ddu and reinstal must occur remotely)

small community
BIG idea...
stay tuned

March 18, 2018, 05:36:11 PM
all miners whether large or small are feeling the pain at present
mining returns are down across the board and todays coin earner is tomorrows value looser
I see it as an opportunity to mine more coins on less congested pools

dont worry, this is normal market fluctuations amplified by the inexperience and young age of this brave new way
prices should pick up by summers end where the wisely patient get rewarded

---------------------------------------------

Bro-Tip of the day:

Make your miner stats more readable by right click top left border of miner window (a command prompt icon sits there) click Fonts Tab, select the font size of your choosing

--------------------------------------------

as promised the VEGA Token had its birth day today as did its corresponding internet presence
all details shall be announced before the launch date via an official Announcement thread in this forum in a passive way, we are looking to grow organically and stable

The VEGA Token (VGA) is OUR way of making shit happen
not waiting around for official sources to get their thumbs out of their asses

First goal to achieve stable VEGA 56-64-FE, over 50MH/s ETH, 2250H/s Cryptonight speeds with a better Hash to Watt ratio by Q3 2018  

for a sneak pre ITO glance, only readers of this thread see the official site under construction here:

https://vegatoken.org/

if you want to be notified of pre ITO discounts or feel like making suggestions, make sure to subscribe
i honestly believe WE as a unified small to medium Vega Miners community, can look after our own mining interests whilst providing benefits to the whole Crypto Network

much more to follow at the official announcement
stay tuned.....

Yeah that's gunna be a hard no.
March 18, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
all miners whether large or small are feeling the pain at present
mining returns are down across the board and todays coin earner is tomorrows value looser
I see it as an opportunity to mine more coins on less congested pools

dont worry, this is normal market fluctuations amplified by the inexperience and young age of this brave new way
prices should pick up by summers end where the wisely patient get rewarded

---------------------------------------------

Bro-Tip of the day:

Make your miner stats more readable by right click top left border of miner window (a command prompt icon sits there) click Fonts Tab, select the font size of your choosing

--------------------------------------------

as promised the VEGA Token had its birth day today as did its corresponding internet presence
all details shall be announced before the launch date via an official Announcement thread in this forum in a passive way, we are looking to grow organically and stable

The VEGA Token (VGA) is OUR way of making shit happen
not waiting around for official sources to get their thumbs out of their asses

First goal to achieve stable VEGA 56-64-FE, over 50MH/s ETH, 2250H/s Cryptonight speeds with a better Hash to Watt ratio by Q3 2018  

for a sneak pre ITO glance, only readers of this thread see the official site under construction here:

https://vegatoken.org/

if you want to be notified of pre ITO discounts or feel like making suggestions, make sure to subscribe
i honestly believe WE as a unified small to medium Vega Miners community, can look after our own mining interests whilst providing benefits to the whole Crypto Network

much more to follow at the official announcement
stay tuned.....
March 18, 2018, 01:04:33 PM
Hey guys i have 6x vega 64 RIG currently mining neoscrypt (in Ahash,Zpool) with claymore new neoscrypt miner.
I think cryptonote is not porfitably anymore. i gain 12$ for all 6 cards 17/3/2018.
do you know any nice miner or algoritm to mine with vega 64 ?
i tried with 12k hashrate on cryptonight but its giving 10$ for now.

Have a look at this website -whattomine.com

Just untick the preloaded boxes and then select your rig setup.

Activity: 43
Merit: 1
March 17, 2018, 08:16:18 AM
Hey guys i have 6x vega 64 RIG currently mining neoscrypt (in Ahash,Zpool) with claymore new neoscrypt miner.
I think cryptonote is not porfitably anymore. i gain 12$ for all 6 cards 17/3/2018.
do you know any nice miner or algoritm to mine with vega 64 ?
i tried with 12k hashrate on cryptonight but its giving 10$ for now.
Pages:
Jump to: