Pages:
Author

Topic: Veldt Gold - Buy and Sell Gold and Silver for Bitcoin! - page 9. (Read 61320 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
My order arrived as advertised.  Seems legit to me!  Thanks!

Glad we gained your trust!

Questions for Agora Commodities re: International shipping "Detailed information goes here..."

Do you ship to Canada?
Are there any duties or import tax?
Have you had any prior experience shipping to Canada and if so, what problems or set-backs have you run into?

Thanks from a Canadian silver bug Smiley

When ordering it is important that you stick to the .999 products as Canada does not charge a tax on bullion minted to this refining standard. Anything less and you would be required to pay a 13% tax.

We have shipped to Canada. We ship all international orders with USPS registered mail and have never had an issue when items are shipped with this service.

Detailed international shipping information will be up shortly

So what about australia? What is the tax for .9999 silver and .999 silver? And what about gold?
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Our Silver Eagles are going to be delayed a few days  Angry

The truck dropped off our shipment at Apmex in OK.

Many apologies for any inconvenience
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Precious Metals Dealers Leading the Way in Bitcoin Sales

It has come to our attention that another company has joined Amagi Metals in the $10 Million Bitcoin Sales Club!  Thanks to the vibrant crypto-community, Bitcoin retailers have been revered over the past six months as revolutionaries aiding the way for widespread adoption. So, congrats Agora Commodities in joining us - what a great achievement! KnCMiner (and we suspect Gyft), of course boasting numbers well above $10m, gives us some goals to reach for as business owners.

Bitcoin-friendly companies help increase confidence in Bitcoin, while the Bitcoin community patronizes these businesses graciously. The high volume of Bitcoin customers Amagi has enjoyed has not only improved the Bitcoin community, but has enhanced every customer’s experience. We’ve improved our ship times, customer service and that eventually trickles down to our prices!

We want nothing more as sound money advocates, than to see more alternative currencies compete to provide the market with stable, secure ways to transact. Our recent inclusion of Dogecoin and Litecoin payments is driving more and more people to secure their wealth with precious metals, while enjoying a currency that makes e-commerce easy.

So why are some of the leading retailers in Bitcoin sales precious metals companies?

1. The precious metals community has always been a popular way to store wealth, now you can store this newly created crypto-wealth easily.

2. Those who buy physical precious metals want their purchase quickly and safely; Bitcoin speeds up the payment and shipping process - no more waiting for your check to clear.

3. Those that understand that precious metals are a safe haven know that because they’ve done their research and don’t trust the dollar or the Federal Reserve; much of the Bitcoin community also carries the torch against the inflationary practices of the Fed. What a great collaboration!

4. You can sell your precious metals for Bitcoin as well, it’s a two-way street!

5. Not even the mainstream, widely-used dollar can say it is backed by gold!

Read more: http://www.amagimetals.com/blog/2014/03/26/amagi-metals-joined-another-precious-metals-dealer-10m-bitcoin-sales-club/

We'd love to send over one of our End the Fed silver rounds as a congrats and thanks for helping us keep this Bitcoin world alive and well - is there a preferred address?

Many thanks Amagi! Its been fun Wink

It's really the ingenuity of the Bitcoin community that brought us to where we are today. What a novel idea for the progression of mankind!

Your post made us think of the song "Players Club"

As far as the silver round our CEO is planning on making an appearance at the Crypto Convention in NYC. Maybe he could meet Stephen Macaskill there and receive the round?

Activity: 519
Merit: 501
:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:
Precious Metals Dealers Leading the Way in Bitcoin Sales

It has come to our attention that another company has joined Amagi Metals in the $10 Million Bitcoin Sales Club!  Thanks to the vibrant crypto-community, Bitcoin retailers have been revered over the past six months as revolutionaries aiding the way for widespread adoption. So, congrats Agora Commodities in joining us - what a great achievement! KnCMiner (and we suspect Gyft), of course boasting numbers well above $10m, gives us some goals to reach for as business owners.

Bitcoin-friendly companies help increase confidence in Bitcoin, while the Bitcoin community patronizes these businesses graciously. The high volume of Bitcoin customers Amagi has enjoyed has not only improved the Bitcoin community, but has enhanced every customer’s experience. We’ve improved our ship times, customer service and that eventually trickles down to our prices!

We want nothing more as sound money advocates, than to see more alternative currencies compete to provide the market with stable, secure ways to transact. Our recent inclusion of Dogecoin and Litecoin payments is driving more and more people to secure their wealth with precious metals, while enjoying a currency that makes e-commerce easy.

So why are some of the leading retailers in Bitcoin sales precious metals companies?

1. The precious metals community has always been a popular way to store wealth, now you can store this newly created crypto-wealth easily.

2. Those who buy physical precious metals want their purchase quickly and safely; Bitcoin speeds up the payment and shipping process - no more waiting for your check to clear.

3. Those that understand that precious metals are a safe haven know that because they’ve done their research and don’t trust the dollar or the Federal Reserve; much of the Bitcoin community also carries the torch against the inflationary practices of the Fed. What a great collaboration!

4. You can sell your precious metals for Bitcoin as well, it’s a two-way street!

5. Not even the mainstream, widely-used dollar can say it is backed by gold!

Read more: http://www.amagimetals.com/blog/2014/03/26/amagi-metals-joined-another-precious-metals-dealer-10m-bitcoin-sales-club/

We'd love to send over one of our End the Fed silver rounds as a congrats and thanks for helping us keep this Bitcoin world alive and well - is there a preferred address?
Hello

I am new to the forum but I do have some Bitcoin and have been interested in getting into and ordering precious metals for some time. This sounds like a great way to introduce myself to buying gold and silver and using Bitcoin to purchase it at the same time. I was wondering if you offer any discounts or have any current promotions for new customers?

Thanks

Stacking precious metals can be a very thrilling experience. We do volume discounts. We might have some items that we bought from customers that we can make you a deal on Wink Give us a call (877) 576-7342. Or send an email
Activity: 28
Hello

I am new to the forum but I do have some Bitcoin and have been interested in getting into and ordering precious metals for some time. This sounds like a great way to introduce myself to buying gold and silver and using Bitcoin to purchase it at the same time. I was wondering if you offer any discounts or have any current promotions for new customers?

Thanks
Could you share some more information about your precious metals storage program?

Hey Amaze

Bellow is the link with more information. Basically you can store under Agora Commodities' account and your metal delivery/storage will be verified by an independent third party. Or, if you want to open your own account your metal will be delivered there.

Great thing about using this service. Is that often your metals will be delivered to the depository within 24 hours. No more waiting for the mail  Wink
Activity: 55
Could you share some more information about your precious metals storage program?
This is the email that was sent to you regarding the allegedly fake coins that you received.

Your details have been removed to protect your privacy.

We only buy directly from U.S Mint authorized dealers so the chance of you getting fakes from us is highly unlikely.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re:
Date: 2014-03-11 18:26
To:
Hey

That seems very unlikely in the 1/2 ounce version. The coin is so small that the detail would make it nearly impossible to fake. Can you tell me what tests they did to come to their conclusion?

I do understand your concern however. I will make arrangements for you to send them back. If they are fake I will pay for all your shipping and give you a free ounce of silver for your trouble. If they aren't then all the shipping plus return will be on you.

Sound fair?

-Joseph

On 2014-03-11 11:47, Agora wrote:
> Name:
>
> Email:
>
> Comments: Last Wednesday I received my gold bullion order (#6388) for
> 14 coins totaling 7 ounces.
>
> Unfortunately, after submitting them for independent testing, two of
> the 14 coins were deemed "questionable" by my principal bullion
> expert. I then asked two other experts for their opinion, only to have
> my suspicions confirmed: the two 1/2 once American Eagles I received
> are fake.
>
> Please advise as to how I should go about exchanging these two bad
> coins for the real thing.
Activity: 29
I'm skeptical to believe his post for a few reasons:

All my orders, in a similar range to 10k were shipped much faster than 3 weeks.

1 post, just joined.

No video proof.

I hope we can see this get sorted out here.  Will be a real bummer if it turns out true. This is a serious allegation and would hopefully be amended should it be proven false.
Activity: 341

Fake? Fake.
Since we're talking about mail-order bullion here, I thought it wise to have the gold tested for genuineness. Turns out, two of the coins were fake. Yes, fake.

The two 1/2 once American Eagles both failed the Fisch test, which assesses the diameter, the thickness, and the weight of a coin. If a coin is fake, at least one of those dimensions will be incorrect. The coins are the correct weight, but their thickness and diameters are greater than normal, indicating that at least some of the metal in the coins is a bit less dense than gold. My experts thought they might have tungsten centers, which would explain their larger dimensions.

Wow, that's a serious charge.  Were they loose or slabbed?  I ordered a 1/2 oz Eagle a little while ago but it was slabbed; I may have to crack it open to be sure.
Activity: 1
A couple of months ago I decided to divest myself of some of my holdings and convert to something a bit more liquid. I finally decided to buy gold with Bitcoin and set out to find the best vendor to achieve that goal.

A few searches led me back to Bitcointalk.org, where I’d been lurking for quite some time. Agora Commodities popped up as a dealer who was willing to accept payment of Bitcoin for precious metals. With many favorable forum posts praising Agora, I decided to begin the first of several buys with them. I figured that if Joseph and company did well by me, I’d use Agora for the rest of my Bitcoin conversions to gold. My initial order was for seven ounces of gold: BTC16.01 equating to around $10,000. I placed my first order on the morning of Wednesday, February 19th.

A mixed order
I chose to order a pretty eclectic mix of bullion. Specifically, my seven-ounce order consisted of:

• 5x 1/10 ounce Gold American Eagles
  • 2x 1/4 ounce Gold American Eagles
  • 2x 1/2 ounce Gold American Eagles
  • 5x 1 ounce Gold American Buffalos

This is a tall order to fill, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see if Agora could handle it, regardless of order complexity.

Promises, promises
So, even though I knew it might take a while to ship, I was fine with waiting a reasonable amount of time for the gold. But I wasn't fine with hearing over and over that the order was "about to ship...," but didn't. Finally, after several delays and promises, I received the gold almost three weeks after placing the order. To be honest, it took a little longer than I expected it to take. But at least I got it.

Fake? Fake.
Since we're talking about mail-order bullion here, I thought it wise to have the gold tested for genuineness. Turns out, two of the coins were fake. Yes, fake.

The two 1/2 once American Eagles both failed the Fisch test, which assesses the diameter, the thickness, and the weight of a coin. If a coin is fake, at least one of those dimensions will be incorrect. The coins are the correct weight, but their thickness and diameters are greater than normal, indicating that at least some of the metal in the coins is a bit less dense than gold. My experts thought they might have tungsten centers, which would explain their larger dimensions.

And Agora dealt with it, right?
Wrong. Once we were sure the coins were fake, I contacted Agora through the website to ask how to exchange the two bad coins for the real thing. And the response from Agora? Nothing. Zilch. No response, no acknowledgement, no plan for how I might get replacements.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I've got $1400+ in fake bullion no one will take. I might be able to recover some of the gold for its melt value (assuming there is any gold there), but that's about the only thing I can think to do. I'd welcome suggestions from anyone in the forum, since I don't seem to be getting anything more out of Joseph or Agora Commodities. Anyone have any ideas?
We have sold most of these specials. If there is something in particular you wanted then you can respond here or email us to find out if they are still available.

Yes they are valid for international orders Wink

Activity: 655
Merit: 500
We have some great deals for you!!!

*** gold ***

100 gram gold bars (assorted brands and conditions) spot + $10 per ounce

10 oz gold bars, (.9999 fine, various brands, packaging incomplete, and condition) spot + $6

1 oz gold bars, (assorted brands, condition, packageing etc) spot + 16

50 peso spot +$5

*** Palladium ***

5 oz palladium bars, Baird branded  +$2 per oz

10 oz Credit suisse or Pamp (our choice) palladium bars +2

*** PLATINUM ***

50 oz platinum "plates" , exchange type bars, approx weights, .9995 fine, accepted in IRA's,   spot + 1

10 oz platinum bars, a mix of brands, may not be in packaging etc  +$20

Orders must be placed by phone only (877) 576-7342

Limited to while supplies last

This offer is only posted on bitcointalk.

Good luck!  Wink

Are these deals still current? Are they for international orders too?
thanks
Thank you!

Yes site issues have been resolved!  Smiley
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I dunno about my 'newbie' status it not like I haven't been around here a while.  I dont post much is prolly why.   But site is up now and order placed.
Smiley
site down? its not returning pings.

BTCwhiskey

We just arrived to work with this issue. We will let you know when the site is fixed.

Why are you showing up as a newbie?
Pages:
Jump to: