Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ver 2.0] R14x: Intl. Robocoin GB ATM Launch in EU, N America, Feb '14. PMs only - page 6. (Read 31320 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Can people from the US participate?

Heading to dinner in a bit, working behind the scenes all day. US residents can *definitely* participate.

I live in Hawaii, Thomas is in NY, -Redacted- is in Minnesota, bosag3 is in Missouri, and our contracts expert/business consultant/oil VP is based in Texas and works on oil and gas contracts for a living. Payments sent via BTC will have taxes paid for as part of the costs of business and have business service fees while doing business in a legal manner.

The recipient of BTC payouts will be expected to pay relevant taxes on BTC earned from their participation in this GB Round. We want to support lawful tax payments, and contributions to our society and the infrastructure we all rely upon every day.

I admit to moving before we were ready as there was a East Coast site I was keen on securing, that I've been dissuaded by our business consultant to launch (not quite yet) at this particular region.

Working on the prospectus, sorry, I'm awful. I promise to have a bare executive summary up tonight.

BTW, the CEO of Robocoin loves this GB and loves the primary location we suggested for the EU. I'm meeting him via skype in a few minutes with the team (or parts of it).
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Usually we like to take the payout address in the order notes right before you go to check out

Oops, wish I'd noticed that before checking out. At least you've got methods in place for handling mistakes like mine.

In for two shares, Order #464 tx id: a5229a1a5c9e9a8cb1dd0dd13133cc21efe3e98a6044d8408d820083e2ca59bc
Activity: 373
I'm sure more questions will be answered when everybody has time to type things out/they get add'l info from Robocoin. I am curious to see what European/South American cities would be good for this (my guess is perhaps Heathrow for Europe and Rio for South America).
Activity: 91
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
Well they did say that Team USA bought the most shares in round 14 so that question is answered, I don't think they have a prospectus but they provide a bunch of info in the OP and links to the robocoin website that provide further info.
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Why are my questions not being answered?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Order #459, bought 5 shares. Fyi

https://blockchain.info/tx/383d0a0519dac3a69085644ffa18885a1e17f431b067d4889b9bcc126b5cca1f

My bitcoin address: 1JME1dvN2zAAgXhXPnWSWFGQ4Z1iHALFj9

Thanks
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Each state has money transmitter laws and licenses.  No where in the OP was this addressed and was ignored.  MtGox bank acct was shut down because of this.  Please explain.  Thx.

We are aware of the FINCen AML requirements.

No, you are not 100% aware.  I am also talking about STATE money transmitter laws and licenses.  But, it is good you are aware of FINCEN.

Yes, I am 100% aware.  Believe it or not, there are actually people out here who ARE aware of State money transmitter laws, permit applications, and bonding requirements because they've been-here and done-this before.   The starting point for all states is registration as a FinCen MSB as a prerequisite.
Merit: 500
Quick Estimated Statistics Update

Team USA - 1
Team Europe - 0
Team Asia - 0

Most shares sold to
Texans

I really thought Team Europe was going to win the first ATM's sales.

Who's going to win the second.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
shit hot, would the company own the machine indefinitely or is this a sort of lease with the manufacturer? that's huge though congrats..
Merit: 500
https://blockchain.info/block-index/437719/0000000000000003dd815b9ac253c6af00833eef7a029c559eb6352db7473e19

Is the block that ended / closed R14A

We are officially on R14B

Congratulations on one ATM being able to be purchased.

**Forced Edit***

My round 3 sierra w/ MPP record of fastest GB =(

well anyway R14 is now fastest.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Watch Coinbase and other exchanges get into running ATMs business...  it makes sense for them to do it.  and they probably have all the needed licenses.
paging coinbase...

I am  lot more comfortable with it being separate from the miners.  I am going to wait a day to decide if I want a share of this.  I know mining and I know selling gear on ebay.

I don't know as much about this as the above. Looks to be that we are more linked to the dealer after the fact then we are with mining gear.   Boy this when I still want to be 20 something and single .  rather then 50 something and married for 30 years.   I think I am going to pass.  Don't want to pass as I see this as the best upside investment I also see it as the  biggest risk so far.  Good luck to those that jump on it. 

Honestly, the reason I invested is because of a) the assurances that the miners/ATMs would be separate, and b) I feel that the future of Bitcoin (at least in the near future) is in financial services. As much as people would like to be in a world where everything is done via BTC, we simply aren't there yet. This gets us one step closer to that reality, as well as making a small profit on the side.
Do you have a prospectus?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I am  lot more comfortable with it being separate from the miners.  I am going to wait a day to decide if I want a share of this.  I know mining and I know selling gear on ebay.

I don't know as much about this as the above. Looks to be that we are more linked to the dealer after the fact then we are with mining gear.   Boy this when I still want to be 20 something and single .  rather then 50 something and married for 30 years.   I think I am going to pass.  Don't want to pass as I see this as the best upside investment I also see it as the  biggest risk so far.  Good luck to those that jump on it. 
Just sent in about .19BTC for order #451, will be able to send the rest tomorrow!
Activity: 86
I got in on 2 shares order #428. This is going to be exciting!
Activity: 364
Hi everyone,

Wow, this Group Buy has escalated quickly. Thank you everyone for your input, your concerns, and pre-orders.

I can report that the we've filed for Corporation Status in the state of Nevada. We expect to have the paperwork in place in 15 business days. No funds will be moved (except for refund requests) while this is moving towards completion.

For liability reasons, Mining operations (and co-op GBs) will be shielded in a completely separate company under the same umbrella, most likely to be incorporated in Texas, for this child corporation.

==

UPDATE: After further review of the legal challenges in bringing this to the United States, we've decided to launch in the EU first and South America soon after.

The first EU locations will be in countries that have expressly stated that they have no issues with Bitcoin. If you would like a refund, there is no restock fee due to this update in plans.

We are doing are best to stay on the right side of the law, and we're setting up 4 child corporations in order to shield different arms of our operations from one another, legally.

==

BTW, 94 shares sold so far. 24 shares pre-reserved by Co-op leaders. 118 shares accounted for.

82 shares available in first pro Group Buy for the ATM arm of our co-op's pro activities.

We have rethought the launch in the USA and feel that at this time it will not be in anyones best interest for the first ATM(s) to be in the USA.

We will be moving the launch into a more BTC friendly / open country, looking at the EU.

If you don't like this change and would like a refund of your funds it will be issued at no cost to you. (Most of the funds have been raised by the EU as well)

Mining operations are not affected by the ATM and have been working on incorporating to keep separate.

Honest question, will the security laws prevent us from doing this in the EU as well? I'm totally willing to throw down, but only if it's legal.
BTC AMT's have already been announced for deployment in the EU, but we are still making sure that our company is in full compliance.

So let's say I place an order for a share, but then it turns out that the company isn't actually compliant due to an obscure law. Everyone who contributed will get their funds back or the funds will be used to purchase another miner/another ATM that will be compliant, correct?
Yes, and worst case scenario we can put one in Canada where they are already up and running.

OK, that's good. Now, let's assume that this sells out tonight. Would the ATM be ordered immediately or would there be a bit of a wait until a suitable city could be found? Also, I'm sorry if this comes off as pestering, I just want to make sure that everything's accounted for, since this is a whole different ballgame from the mining that we've been doing.
ATM #1 will more than likely sell out tonight if it goes the rate it has been within 24 hours

There are multiple planned and they will just automatically flow into the next, we don't plan on ordering immediately and are talking with Robocoin almost every day from about Thursday.

Well in that case I guess I'll just have to participate  Grin
Can people from the US participate?
Merit: 501
Each state has money transmitter laws and licenses.  No where in the OP was this addressed and was ignored.  MtGox bank acct was shut down because of this.  Please explain.  Thx.

We are aware of the FINCen AML requirements.
Pages:
Jump to: