Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ver 2.0] R14x: Intl. Robocoin GB ATM Launch in EU, N America, Feb '14. PMs only - page 8. (Read 31291 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
To people that may be wondering what the BTC price is to prevent a mass of orders to check the BTC conversion price at the moment it is looking like

0.601000599 BTC per share, this price doesn't change frequently because its based on an average BTC price.

Also this round qualifies for fiat purchases. What does that mean for customers.

We are accepting
CitiBank (US) and TD Bank checks
Postal Money Orders (USA)
Wire Transfers
Official / Bank Checks
Western Union Money Orders

We are still working to get credit cards as an accepted payment method but we are unsure of when this will happen.

To use these options please send me a PM.

To increase exposure and help push the ATM GB's along please upvote our reddit post on /bitcoins

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ptt1a/pooling_funds_for_the_us_launch_of_robocoin_atms/
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
I just picked up the first of what will be several.

Order #420  Grin

Tr Id- 90dda7d285516d9ecc9e95a990728c312953fab3b0e8f21a27ffaf46cd3eb197

Payout address- 1DAXoynA9hMQ1fY6nPeBCA2YnmLjptaaev
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Purchased another.

Transaction ID: d9067e4fa6a27a1d5e689bf5d4e4abccb4fa48061faecfe747308001af9e9302
Yes we plan on promoting each of the ATM's at launch, and will be actively looking for the best placement of the ATM's

Business insurance usually covers the machine as well as whats in it, as this is like any other ATM we don't feel that an insurance company will think it to high risk.

Armed Guards are regularly used to restock ATM's cash, this isn't to protect the ATM during the normal course of the day but only when the inside needs to be serviced, would you prefer that someone goes opens the machine up and gets robbed while filling the ATM or emptying the deposited cash?
Banks use these services for outdoor ATM's where someone can pop up behind the fillers when filling it, we may not need this service depending on the location of the ATM if we feel that it can be restocked at the close of business when no customers will have access to it.

---
Forgot to address your last few points
The ATM can be bolted down (it comes with the necessary equipment to do this)

Delivery/installation is expected in January / February '14

We would love to place one somewhere else, if someone from another country is willing to find out what legal issues need to be addressed to operate it there I'm sure we can get one out there.

I don't mean to label the ATM machine as high risk and I don't think the insurance companies consider an ATM itself as high-risk. But the whole financial world is wary of the bitcoin-phenomenon. I can imagine insurance companies asking astronomical fees just because of it's relation to bitcoin or downright rejecting insurance.

Anyway, if it receives a lot of (local) press coverage and is installed in a highy-populated and bitcoin-friendly environment, I guess I'm in.

For the insurance they would be insuring the ATM not what we do, most of the insurance we would need is for the physical machine and cash that it holds.

Also from the OP we are currently looking for a location if you know someone or own a business that is BTC friendly and would like to be the home of one or some of the ATM's send me a message.

And we are offering institutional prices for people who want to own entire machines and have us maintain them.

I will definitely be picking up a few shares.  Do you have any thoughts on specific cities yet?  I'm guessing San Francisco and New York City are obviously high on the list.
Yes these two are fairly high on the list, but we are open to other suggestions (our plans are for a few machines) as well as locations within those cities, and if you wanted to purchase a full machine guess who can decide where it goes.

On a completely different note I'd like to just post some quick statistics in under an hour we have sold around 50 shares (paid) and for an ATM that will be launched in the USA there have been far more shares belonging to people from the EU than the USA. Shall we turn this into a contest?

It doesn't really matter where you are from everyone that puts up money for these units will receive a payout even if you're not from the USA.

I would like to also point out 1 thing about this ATM have you ever gone to another country and had to convert your currency to theirs? How would you feel about just going to that country sending your BTC to an address the ATM gives you and getting the local currency back (if you needed some local currency) rates would be much much better than going to an exchange or bank.
Activity: 91
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
I will definitely be picking up a few shares.  Do you have any thoughts on specific cities yet?  I'm guessing San Francisco and New York City are obviously high on the list.
Activity: 252
Purchased 1x.

Transaction ID: d895d6e08ef6503c079ea1b4c993d987508ca9a742484905f437cbf8cf2e210b
Activity: 69
Yes we plan on promoting each of the ATM's at launch, and will be actively looking for the best placement of the ATM's

Business insurance usually covers the machine as well as whats in it, as this is like any other ATM we don't feel that an insurance company will think it to high risk.

Armed Guards are regularly used to restock ATM's cash, this isn't to protect the ATM during the normal course of the day but only when the inside needs to be serviced, would you prefer that someone goes opens the machine up and gets robbed while filling the ATM or emptying the deposited cash?
Banks use these services for outdoor ATM's where someone can pop up behind the fillers when filling it, we may not need this service depending on the location of the ATM if we feel that it can be restocked at the close of business when no customers will have access to it.

---

We would love to place one somewhere else, if someone from another country is willing to find out what legal issues need to be addressed to operate it there I'm sure we can get one out there.

I don't mean to label the ATM machine as high risk and I don't think the insurance companies consider an ATM itself as high-risk. But the whole financial world is wary of the bitcoin-phenomenon. I can imagine insurance companies asking astronomical fees just because of it's relation to bitcoin or downright rejecting insurance.

Anyway, if it receives a lot of (local) press coverage and is installed in a highy-populated and bitcoin-friendly environment, I guess I'm in.
Activity: 1071
how did you think of chinese market..
maybe someday chinese people needs this great ATM
I'm super-excited about this and a part of me shouts 'I must be part of this!'. But I have a couple of remarks:

[Your mileage may vary, but for what it's worth: the Vancouver ATM met annual projected ROI in only 2 days. For that ATM in a city of about 600,000 residents, they're apparently in the "black" for the rest of the year.]
The Vancouver ATM is (one of) the first Bitcoin ATM ever and has had a great coverage in press and was being hyped before launch. Will you be doing anything regarding promoting the placement of the ATMs? So that people in the neighbourhood of the ATM know about it or that people will be drawn to it?

Govt. can seize ATMs and all funds within. We may have no recourse if all of our ATMs are seized by the Federal Govt.
Business insurance may not cover such a condition, in which case, we may lose the ATM and the fiat within.
What does the Business insurance cover? I expect insurance companies to be wary of this high-profile, high-risk business.

- armed guard services
Seriously? Isn't this a bit over the top? Wouldn't fixing the ATM into place be more cost-efficient? I assume the ATM itself is break-in resistant, so we should only worry about someone taking the whole ATM.

What about delivery/installation date?

Also, I'd like to suggest to place (one of) the first ATM of this GB in germany, considering bitcoin's succes in germany.

Besides these points, I'm very interested Cheesy.

---

I would love to put some of these down here around Las vegas and then give small kickbacks to shop owners who will accept bitcoin

One thing I did not like when I watched that video - Said the Bitcoin would be sent to the address in about an HOUR
The hour is  based on the blockchain, the ATM isn't like coinbase or similar online services where you have an account with the ATM and its simply transferred to you it is actually sent across the blockchain.

I believe the ATM can print an address with a private key if you choose, but I haven't read any problems from the Vancouver launch.

And we plan on having more than one putting one in LV is something I'd love to do.
Merit: 501
Bought 5 shares - paid in full.  Hopefully get another 5 or so shares on Monday.

TxID:  749d558c74a53f3e9799c06c7e90df2043c35f7828eda9ce91d3775036094046
Activity: 69
I'm super-excited about this and a part of me shouts 'I must be part of this!'. But I have a couple of remarks:

[Your mileage may vary, but for what it's worth: the Vancouver ATM met annual projected ROI in only 2 days. For that ATM in a city of about 600,000 residents, they're apparently in the "black" for the rest of the year.]
The Vancouver ATM is (one of) the first Bitcoin ATM ever and has had a great coverage in press and was being hyped before launch. Will you be doing anything regarding promoting the placement of the ATMs? So that people in the neighbourhood of the ATM know about it or that people will be drawn to it?

Govt. can seize ATMs and all funds within. We may have no recourse if all of our ATMs are seized by the Federal Govt.
Business insurance may not cover such a condition, in which case, we may lose the ATM and the fiat within.
What does the Business insurance cover? I expect insurance companies to be wary of this high-profile, high-risk business.

- armed guard services
Seriously? Isn't this a bit over the top? Wouldn't fixing the ATM into place be more cost-efficient? I assume the ATM itself is break-in resistant, so we should only worry about someone taking the whole ATM.

What about delivery/installation date?

Also, I'd like to suggest to place (one of) the first ATM of this GB in germany, considering bitcoin's succes in germany.

Besides these points, I'm very interested Cheesy.
Activity: 364
Does purchasing in this first round guarantee that we will be receiving fund from the profits of the first ATM that goes live in the USA?
Each ATM will be issued its own spreadsheet, based on first paid profits for that atm will be given to those listed in that sheet, if we sell out as fast as we've done in the past we may simply open it up as a full investment where profits are split between everyone from every machine.

Heading out the door for a few hours but, as a correction.

The profits from each ATM are separate for now. We may pool them all later, but no fair to punish some ATM backers because some ATMs see less business.
How does the payout work since it doesnt look like i had to specify a bitcoin address.

Usually we like to take the payout address in the order notes right before you go to check out if you didn't its not a big deal when the order is entered into the spreadsheet you will get an email requesting one, just reply to that (preferably leave the old email there, the one with all the order details to easily match you up on the spreadsheet)
Does purchasing in this first round guarantee that we will be receiving fund from the profits of the first ATM that goes live in the USA?
Each ATM will be issued its own spreadsheet, based on first paid profits for that atm will be given to those listed in that sheet, if we sell out as fast as we've done in the past we may simply open it up as a full investment where profits are split between everyone from every machine.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
How does the payout work since it doesnt look like i had to specify a bitcoin address.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
1 share paid in full and 7 shares reserved with a small payment
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
I am in for 20 shares total at this point, will probably spread it out Smiley
Activity: 364
Thanks for the comments gents!

If you have a Reddit account, please upboat this thread for visbility:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ptt1a/pooling_funds_for_the_us_launch_of_robocoin_atms/cd5y40g

Mahalo!

Edit: even a tiny, tiny BTC payment will hold that wallet address to keep it from being recycled in 24 hours.
Pages:
Jump to: