Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 122. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
July 05, 2017, 01:02:51 PM
ultra high net worth investors.... marijuana startups.... electric motorcycle company.... Reggie has been VERY OPEN & STRAIGHTFORWARD about EVERYTHING he's doing.

Why should these serious companies choose Reggie (who does not even care to make a good web site and did not create any innovative technology but uses Ethereum network) instead of going directly to Ethereum, Stratis, NEM, Waves, etc who develop real blockchain technologies.

I understand you guys all are big millionaires here so hopefully you do not mind donating few Veri's to me  Cheesy  So that I could be a proud member of your sect.

Activity: 308
July 05, 2017, 12:37:12 PM

many of the issues/questions that are being raised have previously been discussed to death in earlier threads...

Not surprising. There is good reason to.

Reggie designed the software with institutional investors in mind... he was very clear that the only time us small fish...

As I said earlier, these are not 'institutional markets'. Blockchains are not regulated stockmarkets and they don't make any distinction between an incidental retail trader and an institutional one. They, and the products traded in them, will operate whatever way we as creators, investors, users and traders consensually deem them to optimally work.

Ok, lets look at it another way. Reggie is trying to 'paint' this picture of an institutional market and a non-institutional one and that "us small fish" (as Ant1Tr0ll so quaintly puts it) had a chance to get in on some 'members only' elite asset. But that's just stock-market mumbo-jumbo for what is no more than 1 wallet holder's arbitrary discernment.

Here's what the real picture looks like:

If you really need the mechanics of the situation spelled out, then lets take RM out of the equation and just do an accounting analysis on the asset:

• Wallet A holds 98 million tokens and trades in private
 • Wallet(s) B hold 2 million tokens and trade in public

Market B trades openly, up to a value of 0.7 VERI per Ether.

The holder of wallet A negotiates 20 sales of 500,000 tokens each at a 75% discount on the "Market B" token-to-coin exchange rate.

So lets take stock. I'll be generous and use the loosest possible definition of "in circulation" as to mean only the subset of the blockchain supply which has been traded. So we now have a 12 million token supply at the publicly traded price = 8.4 Million Ether marketcap. At that point the market will likely short the asset back down by, say a 50% retrace in marketcap due to the sudden jump in supply which would still leave the cap at a 300% growth but the token-to-coin ratio now trading at 0.35.

So who gained and who lost from this movement?

• Wallet A held 98 million tokens valued at 0.7 ETH. It now holds 88 Million valued at 0.35, but Wallet A didn't need a price hike, it needed a liquidity hike and got it.

• the OTC buyers of Wallet A's supply are still at a 100% gain "on paper"

• Wallets B didn't need a liquidity hike but needed a price hike. Instead they got a marketcap hike paid for with a 50% loss on their holdings.

Just before anyone jumps on me again, it isn't that OTC private trades are a problem - that goes on in all assets. It's the double standard of making sales out of a supply that doesn't count towards reported marketcap. I realise that happens in equity when companies "issue new shares" but if you do that in decentralised token markets it just looks like misleading the market.

I'm sure I'll get another slap down from Reggie at some point when he gets a chance to get his oar in. It will be an honour as I respect him and have always enjoyed his commentaries - on Max keiser, you name it.

All the same, I thought quite a lot about this and keep coming to the same conclusion so I post my opinions in good faith. These are evolving, decentralised markets and we need to shape their conventions ourselves and according to our prevailing values.

Seriously man why are you wasting your time explaining logic to these crooks? Can't you see how defensive they get when somebody challenges them? This is classic scammy behavior. Huge red flag right there!

They are running an elaborate scam here and wants you to buy a coin where 98% of the coins are owned by the dev. Artificially restricting the real supply has helped the price to shoot through the roof. No respectable exchange has even listed this coin yet and probably won't either. They want to fool people into thinking that buying this shitcoin will make them part of an elite club too.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
July 05, 2017, 12:33:12 PM
This user is currently ignored.

Activity: 308
July 05, 2017, 12:29:07 PM
Reggie, Masiah & Co continue to succeed despite all of the major exchanges not yet listing VERI (what are we at now, a full month?!? It's totally laughable how long they're taking), all of the major crypto publication entities not publishing even a whisper about it.

We're sitting in top 20 territory as it is & haven't had any of the charity that some of the other coins/tokens get!!! That's because Veritaseum is such a superior piece of software! Just imagine what'll happen when we finally do get some recognition!!!

Reggie closes a HUGE deal with JAMAICA STOCK EXCHANGE, yet this is mentioned in none of the typical crypto publications. How is this even possible?!? LOL

Who cares if Bittrex doesn't list us?!? Reggie's shown it won't even matter because he's gonna make his own exchange that's even better than theirs. This is a man who kicks down the door to barriers & you can either ride the train with him ably conducting the enterprise or sit the sidelines trolling while he succeeds!!!!

Because no reputable crypto publication cares about your shitcoin promoted by a bunch of con-artists. Now go and lick Reggie's boot and ask him to bribe those publications with your shitcoin & see if it works.
July 05, 2017, 11:41:36 AM

I do not know what they want to achieve. Do Reggie needs to spell it out that 98 mio are not for sale. They could bought 28 mio more (if my memory serves me right) during ICO and it is their fault that they had not. And now crying and bitching here is just silly. I also blocked this user toknormal.

Exactly. It is a bit too much. They probably want us to spell it out 98 million times... a no can do.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 05, 2017, 11:35:13 AM
I think toknormal isn't really concerned about whether the token is being gamed because he has no evidence of it and he isn't really into policing the right thing to do or else he would be busy with every other ICOs too.

I think toknormal is concerned that the token could be gamed that may affect his unsustainable "investment" position negatively.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 05, 2017, 11:31:39 AM

I do not know what they want to achieve. Does Reggie needs to spell it out that 98 mio are not for sale. They could bought 49 mio more (if my memory serves me right) during ICO and it is their fault that they had not. And now crying and bitching here is just silly. I also blocked this user toknormal.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2017, 11:13:29 AM

many of the issues/questions that are being raised have previously been discussed to death in earlier threads...

Reggie designed the software with institutional investors in mind... he was very clear that the only time us small fish...

As I said earlier, these are not 'institutional markets'. Blockchains are not regulated stockmarkets and they don't make any distinction between an incidental retail trader and an institutional one. They, and the products traded in them, will operate whatever way we as creators, investors, users and traders consensually deem them to optimally work.

Ok, lets look at it another way. Reggie is trying to 'paint' this picture of an institutional market and a non-institutional one and that "us small fish" as Ant1Tr0ll so quaintly puts it had a chance to get in on some 'members only' elite market. But that's just stock-market mumbo-jumbo for what is no more than 1 wallet holder's arbitrary discernment.

If you really need the mechanics of the situation spelled out, then lets take RM out of the equation and just do an accounting analysis on the asset:

The holder of wallet A negotiates 20 sales of 500,000 tokens each at a 75% discount on the "Market B" token-to-coin exchange rate.

So lets take stock. I'll be generous and use the loosest possible definition of "in circulation" as to mean only the subset of the blockchain supply which has been traded. So we now have a 12 million token supply at the publicly traded price = 8.4 Million Ether marketcap. At that point the market will likely short the asset back down by, say a 50% retrace in marketcap due to the sudden jump in supply, which would leave the token-to-coin ratio at 0.35.

Wallet A held 98 million tokens valued at 0.7 ETH. It now holds 88 Million valued at 0.35, but Wallet A didn't need a price hike, it needed a liquidity hike and got it.

Wallets B didn't need a liquidity hike but needed a price hike. Instead they got a marketcap hike paid for with a 50% loss on their holdings.

Just before anyone jumps on me again, it isn't that OTC private trades are the problem - that goes on in all assets. It's the double standard of making sales out of a supply that doesn't count towards reported marketcap. I realise that happens in equity when companies "issue new shares". But if you do that in decentralised token markets it just looks like misleading the market.

I'm sure I'll get another slap down from Reggie at some point when he gets a chance to get his oar in. It will be an honour as I respect him and have always enjoyed his commentaries - on Max keiser, you name it.

All the same, I thought quite a lot about this and keep coming to the same conclusion so I post my opinions in good faith. These are evolving, decentralised markets and we need to shape their conventions ourselves and according to our prevailing values.

You keep saying the same things over and over like we haven't discussed this a million times already. This is a free market and hybrids or whatever can exsit that's the beauty of it. If you don't like it sell!!!!!. Read our history your beating a dead horse. I'm done responding to you.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
July 05, 2017, 10:47:29 AM

Ok, lets look at it another way. Reggie is trying to 'paint' this picture of an institutional market and a non-institutional one and that "us small fish" (as Ant1Tr0ll so quaintly puts it) had a chance to get in on some 'members only' elite asset. But that's just stock-market mumbo-jumbo for what is no more than 1 wallet holder's arbitrary discernment.

So lets take stock. I'll be generous and use the loosest possible definition of "in circulation" as to mean only the subset of the blockchain supply which has been traded. So we now have a 12 million token supply at the publicly traded price = 8.4 Million Ether marketcap. At that point the market will likely short the asset back down by, say a 50% retrace in marketcap due to the sudden jump in supply which would still leave the cap at a 300% growth but the token-to-coin ratio now trading at 0.35.

• Wallet A held 98 million tokens valued at 0.7 ETH. It now holds 88 Million valued at 0.35, but Wallet A didn't need a price hike, it needed a liquidity hike and got it.

• the OTC buyers of Wallet A's supply are still at a 100% gain "on paper"

• Wallets B didn't need a liquidity hike but needed a price hike. Instead they got a marketcap hike paid for with a 50% loss on their holdings.

Just before anyone jumps on me again, it isn't that OTC private trades are a problem - that goes on in all assets. It's the double standard of making sales out of a supply that doesn't count towards reported marketcap. I realise that happens in equity when companies "issue new shares" but if you do that in decentralised token markets it just looks like misleading the market.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
July 05, 2017, 09:52:08 AM
I can't help but notice many of the issues/questions that are being raised have previously been discussed to death in earlier threads... we have 70 pages going strong of discussions just like this... maybe go back & read some of the earlier discussions where these things were fleshed out to the umpteenth degree first before raising them for the 6th time???

Onward & upward for the veritaseum train!!! Lots of people don't yet fully grasp the diamond mine that is Veritaseum!!!! I'm HODLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to all interested newbies & those fostering a positive sentiment for veritaseum, but for all the trolls of the world, I'm here to flush y'all out!!! : )

July 05, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
Reggie designed the software with institutional investors in mind... he was very clear that the only time us small fish would be able to buy was during ICO. Consider yourself lucky if you were one of the prescient few who recognized the opportunity & were able to scoop up some of these crown jewels when they were posted for ICO!
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
July 05, 2017, 09:34:54 AM
New to Veritaseum and thinking about making a splash.  Question, Why is the circulating supply of this token less than 2 million?  I understand Veritaseum owns 51mil of the 100mil total supply, but what's the deal with the other ~47mil VERI tokens?

Veritaseum offered 51 million tokens during the ICO.  A bit less than 2 million sold (the ICO didn't sell out).
July 05, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
"toknormal" is a giant TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! I expect he's probably the secret whale buying up as many tokens in circulation as possible....  spread as much FUD as possible to get cheap tokens. we all know your age old strategy toknormal!!!!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
July 05, 2017, 09:20:01 AM

Your wanting to demonize or twist this into a scenario that benifts whatever your adjenda is. There are plenty of cryptos out there with limited ICO issuance with reserves and a time in the future release plan. Some with a constant infinite/inflation model. Your just here to stir up shit!

I'm not here to "stir up shit".

The CMC policy of reporting marketcap based on somebody's (usually the issuer's) notional idea of "in circulation" is not necessarily a bad idea and its basis is intuitively obvious.

But once it starts to get gamed in any significant way it just turns marketcap into a meaningless football that's totally detatched from the 'real' level of capitalisation that exists in the 'real' market.

Name dropping of banks, celebrity 'issuers' and off the cuff "you don't know what you've got there" remarks from people like Clif High are all handy for boosting investment and I don't criticise that type of marketing in any way. But the fact is there's no quicker and dirtier way to boost the "token-to-coin" price ratio than finding ways to under-report marketcap. Excluding 98% of the tokens from the "reported supply" but including it in the "real supply" is probably the most extreme case of 'gaming' yet in that respect. The fact that there are "other assets out there" doing it doesn't make it any more justified.

I know why Reggie's doing it though. It's so he can let the open market skyrocket on a tiny supply and then go to OTC customers and say "look what a huge discount I'm giving you" while keeping those trades off-book so they can't be arbitraged by the public exchange markets.

These are bearer tokens, not equity investments. There are no 'owners' like in equity, simply wallet holders and that's the end of the story. Big wallets, small wallets, some that may sell, some that may not. They are all "in circulation" as far as the blockchain is concerned. I'm not addressing the viability of the asset or whether it's going to be successful or how it was launched. I'm simply saying that if the main value proposition early on comes from a tactical gaming of the marketcap reporting system and balance of Exchange vs OTC sales from a single pre-mined wallet then it will end up in a major corruption of this metric that will just lead to tears and big losses for the entire market.
July 05, 2017, 09:15:48 AM
I'm the baddest reverse troll you've ever encountered!!!!! muahahahhahahahahaaha
Activity: 92
July 05, 2017, 09:12:03 AM
Reggie, Masiah & Co continue to succeed despite all of the major exchanges not yet listing VERI (what are we at now, a full month?!? It's totally laughable how long they're taking), all of the major crypto publication entities not publishing even a whisper about it.

We're sitting in top 20 territory as it is & haven't had any of the charity that some of the other coins/tokens get!!! That's because Veritaseum is such a superior piece of software! Just imagine what'll happen when we finally do get some recognition!!!

Reggie closes a HUGE deal with JAMAICA STOCK EXCHANGE, yet this is mentioned in none of the typical crypto publications. How is this even possible?!? LOL

Who cares if Bittrex doesn't list us?!? Reggie's shown it won't even matter because he's gonna make his own exchange that's even better than theirs. This is a man who kicks down the door to barriers & you can either ride the train with him ably conducting the enterprise or sit the sidelines trolling while he succeeds!!!!

LOL not sure yet if this is a reverse troll...... or antitroll so to speak
July 05, 2017, 08:54:46 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2017, 08:43:46 AM

Those VERI tokens are reserved for large private investors, institutions and sovereigns

The question "reserved is by whom" ? Not by the blockchain which is what matters in a decentralised market.

Somebody filled a wallet with 100 million new tokens on a blockchain. Then they published a plan for creating an 'ecosystem' which would support the value of those coins. Then they started selling parts of their wallet - some to participants in the early investor sale, some to banks, some to sovereigns.

The full 'supply' of that wallet is 100 million tokens and there is no categorical "in circulation" not "in circulation" supply boundary. Tokens continue to be traded and they continue to be supplied from that same 100 Million bag.

Not only that, the "unreported" part of the supply is being valued and priced (albeit at a hefty discount I would imagine) based on what you call the 'circulating' supply so it's only right that it be included in the marketcap.

Reggie Middleton is not an equity issuer. He created a bunch of tokens on a blockchain, published some plans as to how he intended to support their value. But we're not purchasing equity in that new ecosystem. We're purchasing a bunch of worthless tokens and hoping that they play a significant enough role in that new market to gain a viable and sustainable real value. As such RM is simply a 'member of the public' holding a big bag and intending to do something to underwrite its value.

Decentralised marketcap reporting should reflect that fact in order that investors can make appropriate comparisons between one asset and another.
 Your wanting to demonize or twist this into a scenario that benifts whatever your adjenda is. There are plenty of cryptos out there with limited ICO issuance with reserves and a time in the future release plan. Some with a constant infinite/inflation model. Your just here to stir up shit!
July 05, 2017, 08:39:53 AM
I'm the anti-troll wizard come to exorcise toknormal!!!! He's just a wannabe troll trying to drive price down so he can get some VERI cheap VERI.... the fool doesn't even understand the value proposition!!!!!!!!!!! Jamaica Stock exchange.... top 10 world exchange negotiations... ultra high net worth investors.... marijuana startups.... electric motorcycle company.... Reggie has been VERY OPEN & STRAIGHTFORWARD about EVERYTHING he's doing. He WILL SUCCEED because he has a PHENOMENAL track record spanning the last 15years & is a man of integrity who offers a superior product. Most people seem to get it toknormal, but for some reason you're evidently caught back in the stone ages trying to trade fossils for gold!!!!!!!!

Go crawl back into the cave where you belong ahahahahahahahahahha!!!!! You can do that while the rest of us who actually understand veritaseum smash the ball out of the park!!!
July 05, 2017, 08:33:49 AM
Jump to: