Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 118. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 06, 2017, 08:24:42 AM
Why Veritaseum is raising? Is it scam? No one knows about it.
no exchange only etherdelta?

Strange
That's what makes the current situation the opportunity.  If you can figure out etherdelta, you have great advantage over others waiting for VERI to appear on a major exchange.  People are figuring it out ahead of you, so the race is on for peeps to figure it out, the reward is $.

As for the scam comment, suggest you do some research to see if you still come to that conclusion.  Still waiting for proof from all the detractors that VERI is untruthful.  Bonne chance mon ami.

To Dorky and Paul.  Nice debate, keeping things civil.  While I have a Trezor and trust it, I do need to keep reminding myself that the blockchain is the ultimate arbiter, as long as private keys are secured.  Both approaches you guys outlined for security make sense to me.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 06, 2017, 07:46:47 AM
Why Veritaseum is raising? Is it scam? No one knows about it.
no exchange only etherdelta?

Strange
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
July 06, 2017, 07:34:51 AM
2. If you read all of what I posted, you will already know the answer to this question. E.g. as per the source you provided: "Used correctly, an air-gapped wallet is safe from all online threats, such as viruses and hackers. It is however still exposed to offline threats, such as hardware keyloggers, extortion, or people looking over your shoulder."

Friend, that's why we need the computer to be formatted (as stated in the beginning) first to clear it off all viruses/malwares/keyloggers before using it.
Besides, my method is derived from that wiki guidelines, but simplified (as stated earlier too).
And we are supposed to secure the savings in a very private setting where absolutely nobody (except the ones you want to share your savings with) is around, thus people looking over your shoulder is a non-issue.

Tell that to your source. I quoted them. Cool
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 06, 2017, 07:31:32 AM
2. If you read all of what I posted, you will already know the answer to this question. E.g. as per the source you provided: "Used correctly, an air-gapped wallet is safe from all online threats, such as viruses and hackers. It is however still exposed to offline threats, such as hardware keyloggers, extortion, or people looking over your shoulder."

Friend, that's why we need the computer to be formatted (as stated in the beginning) first to clear it off all viruses/malwares/keyloggers before using it.
Besides, my method is derived from that wiki guidelines, but simplified (as stated earlier too).
And we are supposed to secure the savings in a very private setting where absolutely nobody (except the ones you want to share your savings with) is around, thus people looking over your shoulder is a non-issue.
July 06, 2017, 07:23:33 AM
What Does a Veritas Purchase Do? It Provides the Keys to the Peer-to-Peer Economy!: https://youtu.be/0k13dgd44mw
July 06, 2017, 07:22:28 AM
E.g. Veritas (VERI) can be used to buy research reports from Veritaseum: http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/research-center/category/2-research
July 06, 2017, 07:17:39 AM
What exactly is veritaseum? I dont understand it for now

Veritaseum, a company, enables software-driven P2P capital markets without brokerages, banks or traditional exchanges. Veritas (VERI) are the tokens needed to access the software.
July 06, 2017, 07:14:54 AM
"Your perspective, your assumptions."

I am not subjective, but you are.

"I've learned that while it is  not completely bullet proof, especially under certain circumstances - just like with your method"

1. Would you be kind enough to explain precisely under what circumstances are hardware wallets not bullet proof?
2. And explain to me what/which circumstances do you think will negatively affect my method that wouldn't do the same to hardware wallets?

1. It is not bullet proof in the sense that if someone uses their Trezor wallet in a careless manner, they stand to lose all of their private keys (as you've pointed out). I've also heard that there is going to be an official event where Trezor will be scrutinized to the MAX. Nothing is set in stone yet, but word is out that there might be a way(s) for hackers to compromise a Trezor wallet even if a user is not careless.

In any case, I rest my case. Onto better things like VERI!  Cool
Activity: 289
July 06, 2017, 07:08:13 AM
Is this an old coin? I heard it for the first time. Which platform is the main deal?
Activity: 168
July 06, 2017, 06:55:19 AM
What exactly is veritaseum? I dont understand it for now
July 06, 2017, 06:54:24 AM

I am not subjective, but you are.

"I've learned that while it is  not completely bullet proof, especially under certain circumstances - just like with your method"

1. Would you be kind enough to explain precisely under what circumstances are hardware wallets not bullet proof?
2. And explain to me what/which circumstances do you think will negatively affect my method that wouldn't do the same to hardware wallets?
July 06, 2017, 06:48:36 AM
I don't trust "Trezor too much," but I am sorry to say, to claim that your method is superior is simply not based on facts.

I have nothing further to say to you about this. There is no need for any writeup about my method.

I will ask someone that is more objective and not against hardware wallets by default.

A person that is against hardware wallets by default is a very subjective, biased, prejudiced, inferior, and unintelligent person.
I am not such person.

July 06, 2017, 06:47:28 AM
In other words: You are confident that others will like you, only see what they want to see. I yet have to meet another person that is as subjective and against hardware wallets such as yourself.  Cool

I am a VERY objective person.

If you think Trezor is the best, so be it to you.
It's not my concern anyway.

Your perspective, your assumptions. Just because you say so, doesn't make it the truth.

P.S. God forbid the day when a hardware wallet rubs you the wrong way! Grin
July 06, 2017, 06:46:38 AM
I don't trust "Trezor too much," but I am sorry to say, to claim that your method is superior is simply not based on facts.

I have nothing further to say to you about this. There is no need for any writeup about my method.

I will ask someone that is more objective and not against hardware wallets by default.

A person that is against hardware wallets by default is a very subjective, biased, prejudiced, inferior, and unintelligent person.
I am not such person.
July 06, 2017, 06:41:50 AM

July 06, 2017, 06:40:26 AM
In other words: You are confident that others will like you, only see what they want to see. I yet have to meet another person that is as subjective and against hardware wallets such as yourself.  Cool

I am a VERY objective person.

If you think Trezor is the best, so be it to you.
It's not my concern anyway.
July 06, 2017, 06:39:01 AM
We will have to agree to disagree here.  Cool

I simply cannot see how your method offers a less bulky, a cheaper, more convenient and more secure means of storing one's private keys than Trezor. However, as the saying goes: To each his own. No harm, no foul.  Grin

I am confident others will see what I see.

My method is...
1. Less bulky.
2. Far cheaper.
3. More convenient.
4. More secure.
5. More control.
6. Brand-independent.
7. Trustless.

In other words: You are confident that others will like you, only see what they want to see. I yet have to meet another person that is as subjective and against hardware wallets such as yourself.  Cool
July 06, 2017, 06:37:03 AM

July 06, 2017, 06:36:14 AM
No worries. Given the information available and what was stated, I simply don't agree with your conclusions. You have clearly shown that you have zero love for hardware wallets of any kind (e.g. "I dislike (and never recommend) using hardware wallet") - yet, claim to be impartially objective. Before coming here, I did my own due diligence and thoroughly scrutinized Trezor. I've learned that while it is  not completely bullet proof, especially under certain circumstances - just like with your method, it is certainly counts among the best means to secure one's private keys from a cost, convenience and security perspective.

The reason why I dislike hardware wallets is not because I dislike them with bias and prejudice, but because they do not satisfy my need for max security + max control.

July 06, 2017, 06:35:04 AM
Here's the thing.
If you trust Trezor too much, there is nothing further I can say, or need to say.

Jump to: