Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 120. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
July 05, 2017, 09:59:15 PM
I originally invested in Veri strictly for a short term investment opportunity after being informed by a friend "to get in now". I have since been researching and watching how this plays out, and i am now actually invested for the long term. I believe Veri will be more of an investment asset that actually has some uses that i can utilize in the future,  rather than the majority of projects which really will never see the light of day in a years time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 05, 2017, 09:57:47 PM
Veritaseum is a long-term (multi-year) buy-n-hold.

I am sure a lot of people were dumping most of their VERI almost after it got listed at EtherDelta to rollover the proceed to other ICOs like Status. I bet they now totally regret it.

Yes. Exactly.  Bank on seller's regret happening hard.  It already is.

Give VERI 5 years as you say.  Why trade out of a beauty endeavour like VERI to seek some greater fool on some Shitcoin? 

Sell VERI to fight over 3rd rate coins?  Really? 

Bad move selling VERI anytime soon.  Wise up sellers.
You can't fault anyone for taking profits. I have learned the hard way on things I bought for the long term and I rode them up and then rode them back down. Everyone's personal situation is different. But I agree, why sell VERI at this point when it hasn't even hit a major exchange? The Jamaica news more than doubled the price. What will the next announcement be? It will only send it higher. The future is so bright here.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
July 05, 2017, 09:56:00 PM
VERITASEUM should hit bittrex in 1-2weeks
Activity: 82
July 05, 2017, 09:52:34 PM

I am sure a lot of people were dumping most of their VERI almost after it got listed at EtherDelta to rollover the proceed to other ICOs like Status. I bet they now totally regret it.

Yes. Exactly.  Bank on seller's regret happening hard.  It already is.

Give VERI 5 years as you say.  Why trade out of a beauty endeavour like VERI to seek some greater fool on some Shitcoin? 

Sell VERI to fight over 3rd rate coins?  Really? 

Bad move selling VERI anytime soon.  Wise up sellers.
Activity: 392
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 05, 2017, 09:38:41 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 05, 2017, 08:52:27 PM
Exactly. On this thread and others the poster here attempt to treat crypto like stock shares and discuss paradigms like market cap. While those concepts are loosely applicable. I think within a year or two it will become clear that cryptos cannot be compared and treated like equities... and some like VERI can't even be compared to  currencies at all. It's a whole new world.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
July 05, 2017, 08:36:46 PM

Whatever tickles your fancy. Now go cry a river!  Cry

With the recent rise, I'm into this asset well into 5 figures now. I have no conflict of interest in making my case, in fact I'd be more conflicted by not making it. But I invested based on fundamentals, not some stock market 'trick' that came and infected the decentralised world of freely traded digital assets.

Here's the deal why the blockchain-supply is under-reported and why Veritasium's short term viability at least depends on it:

1. Traders make valuations based on marketcap, not coin-exchange rate

2. As such VERI's low marketcap looks extremely good value for new buyers because it's still below such benign offerings as Bytecoin etc al, even with the recent doubling of the last 24 hours

3. However, the small "reported supply" is not the real supply since new OTC trades are supplied from Reggie's 'wallet', not from the coinmarketcap.com reported quantity

4. If the full (blockchain issued) supply were to be correctly reported, what would happen ? You'd see a ranking like the one I posted earlier and an associated market correction since it would be unlikely to give a single token offering a higher valuation than the entire Ethereum blockchain coin supply

What Reggie is doing is making tactical use of marketcap reporting in order to price the non-ICO token supply based on the tiny ICO portion. Ok, it's one marketing strategy (and is working so far) but it should be transparent and not hidden behind some "we don't understand institutional markets" nonsense.

Traders are not my core consituency, and frankly we don't care about what they want. Utility seekers and long term network effect value consumers are who we cater to.
The supply in "Reggie's wallet" is actually likely to fall short of demand in the medium to long term if we succed in getting counterparties and utility seekers to recognize the true value. You are thinking in terms of crypto traders, and not in terms of those looking to build multi-generation spaning value creation through utility consumption. The more that comes out of "Reggie's wallet" the more value the entire platform becomes. I know this is the antithesis to what you have been taught and told about equity investments, but this is not an equity investment, it is programmable, distributed "smart" software.

With the acquisition of the top three global exchanges, one can easily justify a valuation in excess of a multiple of the Ethereum platform. Ethereum is simply a platform upon which more advanced applications are written. Google shares are worth more than TCP-IP packets sent back and forth through the internet, right?

What Reggie is doing is pricing the tokens according to the value that end users believe they are worth.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2017, 08:32:17 PM
I like that Bullet Train song Paul Maritz! Good pick!!!! Smiley

Any guesses for when Veritaseum passes ETH price???

There's a portfolio tracking app out for IOS called coinmarketcap that has 700+ cryptos  Veritaseum and Adex etc in it.
You can also use their site.. https://coins.live  it syncs with the app and works perfect. I think it pulls the data from coinmarketcap.com
Activity: 71
July 05, 2017, 07:24:14 PM
I like that Bullet Train song Paul Maritz! Good pick!!!! Smiley

Any guesses for when Veritaseum passes ETH price???
Activity: 546
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
July 05, 2017, 06:06:41 PM
15   Zcash Zcash                   $434,050,853   $279.59   1,552,444 ZEC          $31,890,700   -2.08%   
16   Veritaseum Veritaseum   $425,817,001   $216.45   1,967,295 VERI *   $1,824,940   24.62%   

Anybody want to trade their VERI for ZCASH?

Didn't think so ...

Cheesy

Haha .. Nope Ill be keeping all of mine forsure  but, I have been picking up Cloak coin on the dips. If you follow Clif you know why.

I've got a little Cloak ... a little LTC ... a little XINFIN ... a little DIM ... a little PPT ... a little FUN ... a little AdEx ... a little CVC ... a little silver ... and a BUNCH of VERI!!!

Yep, Clif (@Clif_High on Twitter) has made me millions $$   Cool

made you millions or you are HOPING it makes you millions. I have alot of the same coins as you and I have not made millions... yet
July 05, 2017, 05:50:38 PM
15   Zcash Zcash                   $434,050,853   $279.59   1,552,444 ZEC          $31,890,700   -2.08%   
16   Veritaseum Veritaseum   $425,817,001   $216.45   1,967,295 VERI *   $1,824,940   24.62%   

Didn't think so ...

Cheesy

Haha .. Nope Ill be keeping all of mine forsure  but, I have been picking up Cloak coin on the dips. If you follow Clif you know why.

I've got a little Cloak ... a little LTC ... a little XINFIN ... a little DIM ... a little PPT ... a little FUN ... a little AdEx ... a little CVC ... a little silver ... and a BUNCH of VERI!!!

Yep, Clif (@Clif_High on Twitter) has made me millions $$   Cool
Activity: 269
July 05, 2017, 04:05:38 PM
OK guys, there are two 1000 VERI sell walls to chew through. This is your opportunity before we hit parity with ETH!

3 walls...

I am doing my part
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
July 05, 2017, 03:53:06 PM
Veritaseum at #16.... choo chooo we're chasing you down Ethereum!!!!!!! 1:1 price parity.... let's see it!!!!!!!!

haha That's the spirit! It reminds me of this song: https://youtu.be/0d7GnOP2_PI  Cool
Activity: 344
July 05, 2017, 03:41:36 PM
Goodluck cracking an AES-256 7zip file with a long password  Wink

They will die trying.  Cheesy

Edit:
Nevertheless, my point is that we don't really need any hardware wallet (or any expensive 3rd party wallet) when we can create our own inexpensive cold storage in password-protected .rar files burned in high quality DVDs from a formatted forever-offline computer.

Why go through all that trouble when you can secure it with something that is more secure and convenient and costs only €89?

I would also strongly recommend the Trezor.  So cheap compared to what it's protecting.

It's not just about the encryption, but keeping it physically isolated (all the key-signing happens on the separate Trezor hardware).
July 05, 2017, 03:38:18 PM
Goodluck cracking an AES-256 7zip file with a long password  Wink

They will die trying.  Cheesy

Edit:
Nevertheless, my point is that we don't really need any hardware wallet (or any expensive 3rd party wallet) when we can create our own inexpensive cold storage in password-protected .rar files burned in high quality DVDs from a formatted forever-offline computer.

Why go through all that trouble when you can secure it with something that is more secure and convenient and costs only €89?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2017, 03:36:53 PM
15   Zcash Zcash                   $434,050,853   $279.59   1,552,444 ZEC          $31,890,700   -2.08%   

Didn't think so ...

Cheesy

Haha .. Nope Ill be keeping all of mine for sure  but, I have been picking up Cloak coin on the dips. If you follow Clif you know why.
July 05, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

Didn't think so ...

Cheesy
Activity: 71
July 05, 2017, 02:35:42 PM
Veritaseum at #16.... choo chooo we're chasing you down Ethereum!!!!!!! 1:1 price parity.... let's see it!!!!!!!!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 05, 2017, 02:34:51 PM
Yes, way slower, but not impossible.

It is indeed a 100% possibility, maybe in some countless millions of years.

Why don't you issue a direct challenge to hackers? It is the quickest way to find out!  Grin

I would like Mike B to prove me wrong since he said .rar file can be decrypted/forced.

Mike is a good guy, but others might take you up on the challenge.

First, I said "depending on the encryption". So that obviously matters.

Second, if the encryption is weak, it can be brute forced. There used to be a weakness whereby you could do some file modifications and glean the password. It "hopefully" has been fixed. I love the guys thinking they know stuff by using bruteforce as a standard of cracking. Anyone with half a brain would NOT attempt that and would look for other weaknesses.

Point being is...there are a number of ways information can be gleaned. There are also dumb ass people would would just zip the file instead of rar it with a strong encryption.

Why complicate it when you can use a hardware wallet with a PIN that does the encryption for you? And where are your balls? You could have commented right on the video...

About 5 years ago,a few guys I worked with needed excel docs that were .rar'd. We used a workaround to glen the key. The guy who did it was keeping stuff under his hat and making life difficult thinking he'd gain job security.
July 05, 2017, 02:21:56 PM
Yes, way slower, but not impossible.

It is indeed a 100% possibility, maybe in some countless millions of years.

Why don't you issue a direct challenge to hackers? It is the quickest way to find out!  Grin

I would like Mike B to prove me wrong since he said .rar file can be decrypted/forced.

Mike is a good guy, but others might take you up on the challenge.
Jump to: