Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 121. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 05, 2017, 02:17:37 PM
Yes, way slower, but not impossible.

It is indeed a 100% possibility, maybe in some countless millions of years.

Why don't you issue a direct challenge to hackers? It is the quickest way to find out!  Grin

I would like Mike B to prove me wrong since he said .rar file can be decrypted/forced.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
July 05, 2017, 02:16:31 PM

Why don't you issue a direct challenge to hackers? It is the quickest way to find out!  Grin
July 05, 2017, 02:14:33 PM

July 05, 2017, 02:12:58 PM
With the software they use, they can do it much quicker. However, even assuming they can't, they have ways to obtain your private keys and other information once you use the relevant password to open the .rar file. It is not safe. A hardware wallet such as Trezor is more secure.

Yes, the article debunked that too. Winrar actually somehow made each cracking effort wayyyy much slower than the software permits.

If only I can find that article again...

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 05, 2017, 02:12:36 PM
OK guys, there are two 1000 VERI sell walls to chew through. This is your opportunity before we hit parity with ETH!
July 05, 2017, 02:11:40 PM
With the software they use, they can do it much quicker. However, even assuming they can't, they have ways to obtain your private keys and other information once you use the relevant password to open the .rar file. It is not safe. A hardware wallet such as Trezor is more secure.

Yes, the article debunked that too. Winrar actually somehow made each cracking effort wayyyy much slower than the software permits.

If only I can find that article again...

Edit:
And yes, that's why it is recommended to generate many addresses with equally distributes BTC in each, so that each of them is used only once for an unavoidable transfer.
July 05, 2017, 02:08:23 PM
It is possible, but will take a longer time.

The time could take hundreds of years, if not thousands, or millions.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11807869/how-to-crack-aes-128-encryption-used-in-winrar

The idea is that the encryption does not actually store the password that any brute force can find out.
Decryption thru brute force will not work in reasonable time.

There was an article I found many days ago about how encrypted .rar file is way much more secure than encrypted .zip file, I tried to find it but can't.

Edit:
The article explained well why a good password-protected .rar file cannot be cracked/decrypted by brute force or any software program.

July 05, 2017, 02:06:50 PM
Goodluck cracking an AES-256 7zip file with a long password  Wink

They will die trying.  Cheesy

Edit:
Nevertheless, my point is that we don't really need any hardware wallet (or any expensive 3rd party wallet) when we can create our own inexpensive cold storage in password-protected .rar files burned in high quality DVDs from a formatted forever-offline computer.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
July 05, 2017, 02:04:54 PM
Goodluck cracking an AES-256 7zip file with a long password  Wink
July 05, 2017, 01:58:27 PM

The time could take hundreds of years, if not thousands, or millions.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11807869/how-to-crack-aes-128-encryption-used-in-winrar

The idea is that the encryption does not actually store the password that any brute force can find out.
Decryption thru brute force will not work in reasonable time.

There was an article I found many days ago about how encrypted .rar file is way much more secure than encrypted .zip file, I tried to find it but can't.

Edit:
The article explained well why a good password-protected .rar file cannot be cracked/decrypted by brute force or any software program.
But of course it would be great if I can have Mike B's email to send him a strong password-protected .rar file to prove me wrong.  Grin
July 05, 2017, 01:52:25 PM

I think they can crack the .rar file thru brute force, which only works with very weak password like "abcd".
However I am not sure if they can do the same with password like "ThIs!iSn%Xampl5".

Edit:
.zip file is not the same as .rar, as I know it.
.zip file is very weak encryption.
But the same can't be said with .rar file.

July 05, 2017, 01:44:45 PM

I think they can crack the .rar file thru brute force, which only works with very weak password like "abcd".
However I am not sure if they can do the same with password like "ThIs!iSn%Xampl5".

Edit:
.zip file is not the same as .rar, as I know it.
.zip file is very weak encryption.
But the same can't be said with .rar file.
July 05, 2017, 01:37:11 PM
I think the best way to secure your wallet is to...

1. Generate new addresses from a formatted computer that is never going to be connected online.
2. Encrypt these addresses into password-protected .rar file (I don't think .rar file can be cracked, I believe it is very very secure).
3. Burn this .rar file into multiple copies of high quality DVDs (I recommend Verbatim's AZO DVDs).
4. These addresses will only be used as cold storage and transfer is done only when necessary.

Example, I generate 10 addresses and cold-store my bitcoin, ethereum, and erc20 tokens in them.
Say I have 100 BTC and generated 10 addresses.
I transfer 10 BTC to each of the addresses.
If I want to make an unavoidable transfer, I use only one of the 10 addresses.
If one of the addresses, once used, gets hacked, the remaining 9 addresses will remain safe.

With this method, I believe nobody absolutely need any hardware wallet like Trezor, Keepkey, Ledger, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=.rare+file+cracked
July 05, 2017, 01:33:15 PM
I think the best way to secure your wallet is to...

1. Generate new addresses from a formatted computer that is never going to be connected online.
2. Encrypt these addresses into password-protected .rar file (I don't think .rar file can be cracked, I believe it is very very secure).
3. Burn this .rar file into multiple copies of high quality DVDs (I recommend Verbatim's AZO DVDs).
4. These addresses will only be used as cold storage and transfer is done only when necessary.

Example, I generate 10 addresses and cold-store my bitcoin, ethereum, and erc20 tokens in them.
Say I have 100 BTC and generated 10 addresses.
I transfer 10 BTC to each of the addresses.
If I want to make an unavoidable transfer, I use only one of the 10 addresses.
If one of the addresses, once used, gets hacked, the remaining 9 addresses will remain safe.

With this method, I believe nobody absolutely need any hardware wallet like Trezor, Keepkey, Ledger, etc.

Edit:
If possible, I would like to know what's the email address of Mike B so I may send him a password-protected .rar file and let him decrypt it however he likes and prove me wrong.
Activity: 245
Merit: 101
July 05, 2017, 01:31:02 PM
all this is a pump n dump coin. just look at the charts and those ridiculous 100 million dollar buy and sell orders.... smh.....
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
July 05, 2017, 01:27:17 PM
Its strange Veri is ignored by these crypto exchanges, considering the huge news of the deals he's making with gigantic exchanges... How big is the market Veritaseum threatens to subvert??? Someone knows that number, its huge...Dare I say there's a conspiracy against it with a lot of money, hmm maybe, maybe not, well, it doesn't matter. Reggie DGAF and will roll out something better, whatever the case may be. Look at all the terrible cryptocurrencies embraced by these exchanges, and Veritaseum is pretty much ignored in the media as well. o.O???

FYI: Clif High is predicting Veritaseum to be the absolute star of the cryptocurrency world this year and the next, and Clif has proven he knows what he's talking about with cryptos. He also says he's talked to a wall street guy who says 5K/veri next summer. I'm not selling all of mine when the price explodes this year, maybe 10%.
July 05, 2017, 01:23:26 PM
Am I right ?

Total Supply 100,000,000 VERI ?
Circulating Supply 1,967,295 VERI  ?

Yes. You're right.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/#markets
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2017, 01:19:57 PM
Am I right ?

Total Supply 100,000,000 VERI ?
Circulating Supply 1,967,295 VERI  ?
July 05, 2017, 01:13:22 PM
Secure Wallet for ETH, BTC, LTC, VERI, & ERC20 Tokens: https://youtu.be/GA7HJQEFusE  Cool
Activity: 237
Merit: 110
July 05, 2017, 01:07:52 PM
Reggie, Masiah & Co continue to succeed despite all of the major exchanges not yet listing VERI (what are we at now, a full month?!? It's totally laughable how long they're taking), all of the major crypto publication entities not publishing even a whisper about it.

We're sitting in top 20 territory as it is & haven't had any of the charity that some of the other coins/tokens get!!! That's because Veritaseum is such a superior piece of software! Just imagine what'll happen when we finally do get some recognition!!!

Reggie closes a HUGE deal with JAMAICA STOCK EXCHANGE, yet this is mentioned in none of the typical crypto publications. How is this even possible?!? LOL

Who cares if Bittrex doesn't list us?!? Reggie's shown it won't even matter because he's gonna make his own exchange that's even better than theirs. This is a man who kicks down the door to barriers & you can either ride the train with him ably conducting the enterprise or sit the sidelines trolling while he succeeds!!!!

Because no reputable crypto publication cares about your shitcoin promoted by a bunch of con-artists. Now go and lick Reggie's boot and ask him to bribe those publications with your shitcoin & see if it works.

You should not be this obsessed with stuff you can not control and have a limited knowledge of. More or less than 90 percent of those who comments on this thread would not care about listing on jamaica exchange nor about your teenage anger. I also see no point in even mentioning these 98 million tokens, people will simply look through it, period.
Jump to: