Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 185. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
May 16, 2017, 11:00:15 AM
Is the timing right?  It could be a great idea, but if the world's not ready for it yet, it won't take off.  I think the timing is right, in this case, though, with all the interest in "blockchain" technology by financial institutions of late.
The Veritaseum first generation platform was really good. The ability to take a position on any equity, and even short one equity vs another were well handled. It also allowed positions in fractions of a bitcoin so for pocket change you could test theories. With all the trades handled on the blockchain, there was no counterparty risk. The other side of the trade was locked in.

Will Veritaseum execute promptly?  If they have a good idea but don't get around to developing and releasing a working "app" that uses Veritas soon enough, somebody else may beat them to it.
They already had a functional platform on Bitcoin. Ethereum is easier as it has contracts and a shorter block execution time. I believe that the work on the html client for bitcoin will be or has been refactored for the ethereum tokens.

And sort of related to that, the idea is good.  It's Veritaseum's game to lose.  If they don't do it, then somebody else probably will.  That is, Veritas might not "make it" but if not it, then something else like it probably will.
Reggie has been making some very prescient calls. I believe he has demonstrated remarkable flexibility in adopting bitcoin, and making the decision to use Ethereum. If he builds the platform it will be used.

A concern I have, is the amount raised by the ICO this far into it.  Not anywhere close to the 51 million tokens.  In a way, this could be good, since the initial supply will be more limited, but could also be bad if/when more tokens flood the market later, depending on the pricing and market interest.  Also, if interest in Veritaseum is this weak now, will it really grow later?
I would not call raising 11,971 ethereum weak interest, Reggie has already pointed out valuing tokens based on market cap and calculating this around total tokens is completely missing the valuation requirements for these items. I would rather see this start slow and grow interest based on a functional platform. Reggie has stated that after the initial token period they will take investments from banks and other players.

I believe that the curated research will be actionable for Veritas token holders, and that the platform will be quite popular. To access the research you will need tokens. I assume the platform will require them as well. This will set the demand.

I would recommend that anyone on the fence take a look at Reggie's positions in the past. I believe they demonstrate sound analytical ability and discernment.

My opinion is that ICOs for crypto tokens have usually been significantly discounted to their future value. Ethereum was ICO'd at 1 BTC = 2000 Ethereum...

Nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
May 16, 2017, 06:24:41 AM
Money starting to roll in. And I also read in Clif High's webbot report that Veritaseum will share Ethereum's success as the banking and trading systems start to fail.

Contract ICO address: 3000 ETH / $300k so far

https://etherscan.io/address/0x599a4b8188676224d4c9b393b947e332b60b15e3

Clif's report is when I first heard about Veritaseum ... I was so blown away when I began to read about Reggie and Veritaseum I began buying and buying Veritas... I set up MyEtherWallet step by step from the instructions on the website ... sent over some ETH that I already owned ... Wow that was fun!!! ... then that wasn't enough and I had to buy some more. I won't say how many but it's in the thousands of VERI ... I believe these Veritas represent life-changing generational wealth ... we'll see ... Cheers!! Smiley

I've also been keeping up with Clif High for years.  I'm looking into Veritaseum now, and I'll probably pick some up before the ICO closes.  I haven't decided how much, yet.

Questions are...

Is the timing right?  It could be a great idea, but if the world's not ready for it yet, it won't take off.  I think the timing is right, in this case, though, with all the interest in "blockchain" technology by financial institutions of late.

Will Veritaseum execute promptly?  If they have a good idea but don't get around to developing and releasing a working "app" that uses Veritas soon enough, somebody else may beat them to it.

And sort of related to that, the idea is good.  It's Veritaseum's game to lose.  If they don't do it, then somebody else probably will.  That is, Veritas might not "make it" but if not it, then something else like it probably will.

A concern I have, is the amount raised by the ICO this far into it.  Not anywhere close to the 51 million tokens.  In a way, this could be good, since the initial supply will be more limited, but could also be bad if/when more tokens flood the market later, depending on the pricing and market interest.  Also, if interest in Veritaseum is this weak now, will it really grow later?

Activity: 826
Merit: 254
May 16, 2017, 06:09:57 AM
I register for translation bounty. How did I know if I can start translating?
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
May 16, 2017, 02:36:34 AM
Don't forget ... this is the just the beginning ... just the F in FIRE  = Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate ... Reggie's getting the INSURANCE machine ready then REAL ESTATE

This is NOT just Wall Street!!!

Yup! It has bright future indeed. I'm sure Reggie will find many profitable, disrupting applications for this platform, existent and future Veritaseum tech (f.e. building cryptocurrency/asset exchange).  

What's most important right now, Veritaseum already raised enough funds for the project's further development and is going to expand existing team of analysts, engineers and layers.

I can also inform that Reggie is aleady exploring potential deals with large clients, such as governments and funds who have approached him!  

I have found this informative article about Reggie and Veritaseum. I'm sure you will like it as i do.

I created the vehicle (Veritaseum) as a universal platform upon which to build industry solutions. I’m not trying to “target everything at once.” I’m providing the tools to allow my sales staff and solution providers to enable customers and clients to build their own solutions or buy said solutions directly from us.

You can also expect new articles about Veritaseum soon.

This is great news, anyone not looking into this project will be left out of smart money coming into the space
Activity: 97
May 15, 2017, 09:41:31 PM
Money starting to roll in. And I also read in Clif High's webbot report that Veritaseum will share Ethereum's success as the banking and trading systems start to fail.

Contract ICO address: 3000 ETH / $300k so far

Clif's report is when I first heard about Veritaseum ... I was so blown away when I began to read about Reggie and Veritaseum I began buying and buying Veritas... I set up MyEtherWallet step by step from the instructions on the website ... sent over some ETH that I already owned ... Wow that was fun!!! ... then that wasn't enough and I had to buy some more. I won't say how many but it's in the thousands of VERI ... I believe these Veritas represent life-changing generational wealth ... we'll see ... Cheers!! Smiley
May 15, 2017, 06:56:11 PM
How much did you collected so far? Project looks interesting and promising. I'm going to research it.

Here's what's been collected so far:

May 15, 2017, 06:31:47 PM
How much did you collected so far? Project looks interesting and promising. I'm going to research it.

Oh, nothing much to research ... just $1.635 QUADRILLION market ... NOT counting Insurance and Real Estate ... really nothing to see here ... move along.  Smiley
Activity: 519
vetherasset.app
May 15, 2017, 05:41:54 PM
Activity: 247
May 15, 2017, 05:40:53 PM
How many tokens will I get for 1 bitcoin?

Approx 580.

1 Veri is .033 x ETH ($90) so $3 each. 1750/3= 580 VERI
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
May 15, 2017, 12:17:23 AM
How many tokens will I get for 1 bitcoin?
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
May 14, 2017, 05:33:16 PM
Most of the people here are still valuating new projects in the standard old dev-oriented way. Reggie is introducing a new, more comprehensive way because he is also offering something of much larger scope.

Here's the right link to Pathogenic Finance document

If i'm not mistaken value here will come more from access to knowledge, research and similar innovative services for invidual and institutional players than from external token trade and even actual tech which will be powerful but ultimately is just a tool.

To get the most benefit from using this disruptive technological financial tool you need first the knowledge how to use it, how to read this wholly new market, to minimalize risks and maximalize chances for highly rewarding allocation of capital. This is that revolution, revolution in access to valuable information and research of experts.          
Activity: 136
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
May 14, 2017, 04:38:53 AM
The team is listed here (and we're aggressively looking for engineers & developers - at least 2) http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/the-team

I have to disagree with your comment, though. The dev team is NOT the most important thing in an ICO. Management is 1st, the entire team is 2nd, current traction is 3rd and the dev team is 4th. The  perception that the dev team is the end all and be all of an operation (likely born from the fact that most in the industry are developers) is dangerous - particularly when developing financial products or any product within a business vertical that is not primarily IT.
Focus on Dev teams in the financial space have allowed big Wall Street banks to claim almost all of the patent applications and awards in this space (see the Pathogenic Finance report towards page 18 for more https://blog.veritaseum.com/download/research/free-research/send/4-research/313-pathogenic-finance ) and has caused a general dearth of financial innovation despite the proliferation of such an innovative underlying technology.
Most of the applications of this tech in the financial space has been the regurgitation of legacy and quite obsolete business models recast iin the blockchain. I believe this is so because dev-centric teams don't realize the vulnerable pressure points that break in the business from a strategic perspective. Trust me, we do -  reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vf8-Hl78pM
Well, back to the question at hand, we have build the first fully functional "beta" capital markets application of smart contracts and blockchain tech, way back in 2013 and 2014. We believe we were the first to apply for patent protection every country that has a major financial market, and we were able to do all of this on a shoestring budget of several hundred thousand dollars because we had diversity in our team - analysts, strategists, investors developers, engineers and IP attorneys.
Now, we're rolling with several million and we still have the advantage of dealing with a market that is  top heavy with developers - advantage team Ve! The dearth of quality research, analysis and general understanding of the economic cycles in this space will benefit us as well, at least as long as that dearth exists.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
May 13, 2017, 11:06:27 PM
Is there any  specific  introduction of  dev team , this is the most important thing  for  ICO .
May 13, 2017, 10:50:35 PM
For those interested in artwork to design their blog post and Bitcoin talk footers, click these two links...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By5WJsM3KjltNXBaNEdBem5pR0E
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By5WJsM3KjltRWtXdjN3UEl2LXM
May 13, 2017, 09:53:28 PM
 Hello all. I apologize for my absence, I've been extremely busy positioning Veritaseum to redefine global finance. I've assigned 3 financial analysts (directly under my personal supervision, and managed by my partner of 10 years) to cover only ICOs, digital tokens and blockchain-based companies.
This research report on Gnosis and its valuation is the fruit 6 to 9 man/weeks of such efforts. This research is but a very small sample of the power that Veritas token holders will wield. I implore everyone on this thread to reach out to everyone that they know and compare this Veritas-powered tokenized knowledge to the best that the entire web has to offer - currenlty (IMO) Smith and Crown (https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/gnosis/) and Tokenmarket (https://tokenmarket.net/blockchain/ethereum/assets/gnosis/insight). After perusing the competition, I believe many may come to see the true value of owning Veritas. Enjoy! Augur is next up. These reports will be published in redacted form until the financial machines are ready to be launched in beta form, afterwhich the human readable spigot will be turned off and Smart Contract-driven machines will rule the day.
 http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/15-veritaseum-presents-it-s-first-digital-asset-forensic-valuation-gnosis-gno
May 13, 2017, 09:20:43 PM
Is there an updated bounty spreadsheet?

Not yet according to my state of knowledge.

I would urge to do the strategic work and provide translation of pathogenic finance piece into as many languages as we can at first.
As you can see at bounty program page it gives a lot of bounty points and that is for a reason. It's a very informative document and a great introduction of Veritaseum for potential ITO participants.

If you know good translators for each main global language or others try to convince them to help.

If you are not sure if your translation has priority or was accepted just create Veritaseum thread in your language group and post there link to your translation to have that high chance of claiming priority. Everything should be sorted out in the right time.
May 13, 2017, 02:33:55 PM
I'm digging some things out and posting them here in case the website is a little overwhelming at first for some ....

Here's the google docs presentation with great Reggie You Tube videos implanted. Reggie also has his own You Tube subscription channel so you can watch over a dozen videos there about Veritaseum and Veritas:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FMyNvogofqojqG6nkIjgvvjAnsWs1qOtKUFExvtp_m0/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.p

And here's one of the pdf's within the presentation pulled out to look at:

https://blog.veritaseum.com/download/research/free-research/send/4-research/313-pathogenic-finance

ENJOY!!!

I feel like someone who's discovered gold in some lost civilization land where they don't understand what those yellow rocks mean everywhere else you go in the world and we just bought 51,000,000 acres of the motherlode of all gold finds with gold set to go up 1,000 fold ... I raise a glass to you all ... the future Godfathers (and mothers) of a Global Wall Street (and even beyond as they take cryptos into space) ... Cheers!!  Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 254
May 13, 2017, 08:58:49 AM
Is there an updated bounty spreadsheet?
May 12, 2017, 08:27:49 PM
Here's the latest You Tube video

"How to Value Digital Tokens & Blockchain-based Investments : Tutorial"

https://youtu.be/r0T-LiDOqzw

Enjoy!!! Smiley
May 12, 2017, 02:39:55 PM
Don't forget ... this is the just the beginning ... just the F in FIRE  = Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate ... Reggie's getting the INSURANCE machine ready then REAL ESTATE

This is NOT just Wall Street!!!

Yup! It has bright future indeed. I'm sure Reggie will find many profitable, disrupting applications for this platform, existent and future Veritaseum tech (f.e. building cryptocurrency/asset exchange).  

What's most important right now, Veritaseum already raised enough funds for the project's further development and is going to expand existing team of analysts, engineers and layers.

I can also inform that Reggie is aleady exploring potential deals with large clients, such as governments and funds who have approached him!  

I have found this informative article about Reggie and Veritaseum. I'm sure you will like it as i do.

I created the vehicle (Veritaseum) as a universal platform upon which to build industry solutions. I’m not trying to “target everything at once.” I’m providing the tools to allow my sales staff and solution providers to enable customers and clients to build their own solutions or buy said solutions directly from us.

You can also expect new articles about Veritaseum soon.
Jump to: