Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 110. (Read 415431 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
wow, bittrex wants to delist VTC Sad very sad. Do the devs know it? Where are the devs? It was silly to make an own forum. Most investors come over bitcointalk... If there is no traffic we won't see any volume. Why should anybody buy VTC atm. It is cheap, okay, but it has only little potential I think. It was such a great coin once. $2 per VTC... and now...look at it. 5121 sat.

Hope elasticity will bring change
Yea, man, I am sure you liked the coin more when it had a higher price, you dont need to tell us this, we are well aware.
Also, don't freak out and don't shout 'DEVS DEVS'. Its a damn exchange, not the end of the world.

While you are at it, you can also leave behind the "investors" crap, because we had enough of it as well. The investors this, the investors that, we know it all. "Investors" never helped anybody, except for pumpers, dumpers ponzis and shitcoins. Actually, the "Investors" are the people that fucked so many good coins, that I cant even count them anymore.

As for your precious bitcointalk, the kind of attention that this forum attracts is, in most cases, unwanted. Nothing good comes out of here, if you stay long enough the "community" always bites your ass. The more alternatives the Vert community has - the better.

And now for the $10 000 question - why should you buy Vertcoin? And the answer is - you shouldn't. It would be great if you sell as many as you can. The more you sell, the less we have to fear from people that know only charts and prices.

I, for one, hope elasticity doesn't fuck up the coin supply too much. 
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
VTC doesn't need bittrex. Bittrex will come back if the market changes. Order books have been/are a fraction of of Cryptsys. The elasticity implementation will be revolutionary - if and when it gets implemented. I do agree that much more can come of developers work by adding to an already existing coin, rather than just creating a new one every season. I hope the tide changes to were older more established coins become more mature with new code and applications.

BTC adoption is pretty critical to the future of them all tho.
Activity: 71
wow, bittrex wants to delist VTC Sad

No worries, considering low VTC/BTC daily volumes at Bittrex in 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
I would not say getting delisted at bittrex a bad thing. Bittrex is a shitcoin exchange and Vert is not a shitcoin.
Activity: 226
what about elasticity? Smiley how far are the developments?

and where is the community?

Community is sleeping - Vertcoin needs more developers to get on board and help. But as ever, people rather create their own shitcoin clones than actually help a serious cryptocurrency improve.

Agree, i was with vert right at the beginning, and still holding some, all these crap coins come out without any development or origionality, and they fly. quality coins such as this just seem to get pumped and dumped, make some profit, and on to the next.
Exactly what has happened with PND - another excelent coin, that had great dev's and ideas, look at the pandabank wallet for instance- incredible bit of work.
Alas, this is going to be the downfall of all of crypto.
Activity: 156

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on March 6th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-VTC

LOL very sad
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on March 6th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-VTC

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
But as ever, people rather create their own shitcoin clones than actually help a serious cryptocurrency improve.

This one like zerovert scam? https://moneta.cash/about.html
And muzzles persons under investigation suspiciously are familiar.  Smiley

Reputation is such a thing... Gets dirty only once but forever.

I'm out now, sorry for little dump.

Kind regards.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
what about elasticity? Smiley how far are the developments?

and where is the community?

Community is sleeping - Vertcoin needs more developers to get on board and help. But as ever, people rather create their own shitcoin clones than actually help a serious cryptocurrency improve.
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
I smell a taste for the unusual, the big sharks are lurking.

What you mean.. can't a shark lurk in peace anymore.  Wink
VTC has been quiet for days ,i used 30K VTC to test if there is a shark.
just one bite,i lost my bait.
Activity: 60
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

What you mean.. can't a shark lurk in peace anymore.  Wink
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
Speaking of blockchain... do I have to have a copy of the whole thing on my computer for my wallet to work as it is taking up a lot of space I can only imagine how big it will get in years to come.

Cheers

By design, you need to keep a copy of the blockchain to use the wallet binaries. I believe the only way to get around that is to opt for an online wallet service, which obviously carries increased risk.

Here's a decent article that explains the security and pros and cons of each situation, albeit for Bitcoin, a little more thoroughly: http://www.stavros.io/posts/store-bitcoins-safely/.

Actually, you can use the zero-trust wallets also such as the one here: https://wallet.thisisvtc.com

Basically the private key is not stored on the wallet itself, but id created based on your browser account and password (or something like this) - so its important you don't lose those.

Thanks i will consider that option.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
This seems to be the best CPU GPU coin out there, keep it up Wink

Not really CPU, more focused on GPU I think...

I said CPU coin because there is no much advantage using GPU specially compared watts to watts or the GPU miner is not well optimized.

Maybe watts for watts GPU is not efficient, but you can put several GPU in one PC. The total hash is higher.

the algorythm has been designed to be memory heavy and thus gpu unfriendly; like cryptonight, for example.
regardless, if you look at nicehash or yaamp, lyra2RE is never the most profitable algo to mine.
because of this, and the fact that it's used by vertcoin only, who mines it must be a vertcoin believer.
when that's the case, performance/watt is not that important.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I said CPU coin because there is no much advantage using GPU specially compared watts to watts or the GPU miner is not well optimized.

Maybe watts for watts GPU is not efficient, but you can put several GPU in one PC. The total hash is higher.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Speaking of blockchain... do I have to have a copy of the whole thing on my computer for my wallet to work as it is taking up a lot of space I can only imagine how big it will get in years to come.

Cheers

By design, you need to keep a copy of the blockchain to use the wallet binaries. I believe the only way to get around that is to opt for an online wallet service, which obviously carries increased risk.

Here's a decent article that explains the security and pros and cons of each situation, albeit for Bitcoin, a little more thoroughly: http://www.stavros.io/posts/store-bitcoins-safely/.

Actually, you can use the zero-trust wallets also such as the one here: https://wallet.thisisvtc.com

Basically the private key is not stored on the wallet itself, but id created based on your browser account and password (or something like this) - so its important you don't lose those.
Thanks I will try it later.. be sure to check your inbox I sent ya a little something for ya trouble.
Activity: 206
Thanks for the info. Is there a way to move where the files are stored as my main drive is an SSD and has quite limited storage capacity so I would rather it was on one of my reg hard disks.

Thanks again

Not sure what OS you're using, but this (again Bitcoin) documentation shows where you can find the wallet/blockchain directory: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File . It'll be "vertcoin" rather than "bitcoin", obviously.

Once you've found the directory, move it to wherever you want to keep it and start your wallet with the -datadir=%location% command, where %location% is the relative or absolute location of your vertcoin directory. With Windows, it might not work with relative locations, though - I've never tested it.

For example, if have my wallet directory in a data directory that sits in the same directory as the executable on Linux, I'd run:
Code:
./vertcoin-qt -datadir=./data

Also, if you are running on Windows and have your wallet directory at D:\Vertcoin, I believe you can embed the -datadir option in a shortcut. You can create a shortcut to the Vertcoin wallet, right click it, go to properties, and add
Code:
-datadir=D:\Vertcoin

Hopefully that helps!
Jump to: