Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 111. (Read 415431 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Thanks for the info. Is there a way to move where the files are stored as my main drive is an SSD and has quite limited storage capacity so I would rather it was on one of my reg hard disks.

Thanks again
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Speaking of blockchain... do I have to have a copy of the whole thing on my computer for my wallet to work as it is taking up a lot of space I can only imagine how big it will get in years to come.

Cheers

By design, you need to keep a copy of the blockchain to use the wallet binaries. I believe the only way to get around that is to opt for an online wallet service, which obviously carries increased risk.

Here's a decent article that explains the security and pros and cons of each situation, albeit for Bitcoin, a little more thoroughly: http://www.stavros.io/posts/store-bitcoins-safely/.
Speaking of blockchain... do I have to have a copy of the whole thing on my computer for my wallet to work as it is taking up a lot of space I can only imagine how big it will get in years to come.

Cheers
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Hi, everyone,

Just announcing that I made some Linux-arm builds for the GUI and headless wallet because I couldn't find any elsewhere. They're built directly from the official source, so it's pretty easy to do on your own as well... but if anyone wants the convenience of a prebuilt binary, you can grab mine from: http://starflakenights.net/crypto/wallets.html#vtc .

Hopefully these will help out someone other than me. I'll keep them updated as the source changes (or as often as is necessary), so check my site if they stop working after an official update.

EDIT: Forgot to mention a critical build point: these binaries use libdb5.1 rather than libdb4.8, which makes blockchain databases that they generate incompatible with official builds. This is okay for my purposes, since I really don't mind re-verifying the whole blockchain if mine gets corrupted, but it might be a turn-off for some. (You can go 4.8 to 5.1, but not 5.1 to 4.8.)
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
Vertcoin is still heavily undervaluated, I believe we will take one day LTCs place. Slowly but firmly.
No way dude! LTC is BTC shadow. I don't want VTC to become like LTC, it sux LOL.
As successful as LTC maybe I could understand Tongue
i hold LTC,also VTC,and FTC
VTC may take LTC's place,but who knows the future
for miners,VTC is better than FTC,not about the profit
i keep mining VTC,not care the price,and hold too many coins,i don't like dump
to buy big amount cheap VTC on exchange ,i should say no way
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Add support for 13 more coins in Coinomi Universal HD Wallet
Coinomi is a very secure and lighweight, universal HD wallet for Android devices, currently supporting 13 coins:

Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, Darkcoin, Reddcoin, NuBits, NuShares, Blackcoin, Feathercoin, Rubycoin, Digitalcoin, and Cannacoin.

In return for your support we will double the number of supported coins to 26!

http://coinomi.com/#13-coins-campaign

Doesn't look like it supports vertcoin
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
Add support for 13 more coins in Coinomi Universal HD Wallet
Coinomi is a very secure and lighweight, universal HD wallet for Android devices, currently supporting 13 coins:

Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, Darkcoin, Reddcoin, NuBits, NuShares, Blackcoin, Feathercoin, Rubycoin, Digitalcoin, and Cannacoin.

In return for your support we will double the number of supported coins to 26!

http://coinomi.com/#13-coins-campaign
Activity: 672
Vertcoin is still heavily undervaluated, I believe we will take one day LTCs place. Slowly but firmly.
No way dude! LTC is BTC shadow. I don't want VTC to become like LTC, it sux LOL.
As successful as LTC maybe I could understand Tongue
DMD,XZC
Grin great
May I suggest not feeding the animals in the zoo?
His highness, Lord utclover/tuxcoindev/darkcoinfanboy comes in, makes a few silly posts and he is now instantly the center of attention?
There will always be people like that, but if we let them take over threads, like that monkey does here, its all our fault.
Do not believe that your strategies/recommendations for dealing with dumb trolls are the only only ones, or even correct..Do what thou wilt, and try not to tell others what to do, as it's rude, and bad manners.

No he suggested, he wasn't telling anyonee what todo, quite frankly your reply was rude and bad mannered.
Activity: 577
Shine Like The Sun
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
His highness, Lord utclover/tuxcoindev/darkcoinfanboy comes in, makes a few silly posts and he is now instantly the center of attention?
There will always be people like that, but if we let them take over threads, like that monkey does here, its all our fault.
Do not believe that your strategies/recommendations for dealing with dumb trolls are the only only ones, or even correct..Do what thou wilt, and try not to tell others what to do, as it's rude, and bad manners.
Activity: 98
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
stay away from vertcoin. my simple pull request from 1 week ago is not accepted yet https://github.com/vertcoin/vertcoin/pull/46/files

lol why don't you submit it to bitcoin and litecoin as well? Then after it gets rejected there too you can tell people to stay away from all crypto.

you don't want to accept it fine.
i will dump my vertcoin when price goes up
because you are idiots
horrible community + idiot devs =shitcoin.
can't believe i wasted money on this coin

no one should buy it honestly. even though i have vertcoins. i now think no one should buy it
if you buy it you will just become a bagholder like me in this awful coin where you will get treated like shit
buy darkcoin instead. much better community and devs than vertcoin
May I suggest counselling, or medication?
DMD,XZC
stay away from vertcoin. my simple pull request from 1 week ago is not accepted yet https://github.com/vertcoin/vertcoin/pull/46/files

lol why don't you submit it to bitcoin and litecoin as well? Then after it gets rejected there too you can tell people to stay away from all crypto.

because you are idiots

no one should buy it honestly. even though i have vertcoins. i now think no one should buy it
if you buy it you will just become a bagholder like me in this awful coin where you will get treated like shit
how many coins do you hold?
Activity: 672
Pffft!
You lost me with the ending!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

because you are idiots

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

What does this pull request do/offer ? Why is it added, why should it be accepted etc?

shows total balance.
spendable + unconfirmed+immature in one thing called "Total:" underneath the existing ones.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
No block source. Someone, post node list.

use the pools addresses.

addnode=pool.verters.com etc
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

What does this pull request do/offer ? Why is it added, why should it be accepted etc?

Jump to: