Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 106. (Read 415431 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 272
From what I can tell from my limited research, master nodes are on distributed servers that anyone can setup.

Anyway. So what's the plan for getting VTC moving, or do I need to read throw a thread history to catch-up?
You understood wrong. Masternodes are anything BUT decentralized. Im not gonna get into details, because Im tired of going trough this, but here is a nice post on the matter
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10949723
(I hope that a raging mob of darkcoin fanboys doesn't appear out of nowhere)
Just as jwitnerm said, Masternodes are totally against everything VTC stands for

As for the plans on "getting VTC moving"... there is this "Elasticity" feature coming up in the foreseeable future, but having in mind how elasticity really works, it will be more of a y0-y0 movement than anything else.
Other than that (example: advertizing, integration, publicity, communication, news, etc) - nope.

I've taken a good look now. I'm fairly happy that the master node concept is a good one. The links provided above don't fully match the reality of what is going on.

The actual coins are still operating on a blockchain. The nodes are performing services on demand, and they are doing it randomly. You would need to spend a vast sum to acquire enough nodes to sniff what is going on or to interfere with transactions.

I just don't see that being viable. At the moment, there is nothing of interest for people to invest the time or the effort attacking these projects. By the time they do become of interest you have to spend a lot.

Crave looks like a pump n dump, so worth a quick turn. Spreadcoin is worth watching. I seriously think VTC needs to look at a future evolution that incorporates nodes that provide services.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have some ideas to increes Vertcoin popularity:
1) At https://bitcoinwisdom.com/ add Poloniex, Bittrex as charts of VTC
2) At https://www.cryptsy.com/ create vote for VTC/USD pair, and make votes
3) Make some card game, like poker, server with VTC as major money
Great Ideas!
Go for them and let us know if you need any help!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I have some ideas to increes Vertcoin popularity:
1) At https://bitcoinwisdom.com/ add Poloniex, Bittrex as charts of VTC
2) At https://www.cryptsy.com/ create vote for VTC/USD pair, and make votes
3) Make some card game, like poker, server with VTC as major money

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
Don't send anything to Vircurex unless you want to lose your coins.
Activity: 98
From what I can tell from my limited research, master nodes are on distributed servers that anyone can setup.

Anyway. So what's the plan for getting VTC moving, or do I need to read throw a thread history to catch-up?
You understood wrong. Masternodes are anything BUT decentralized. Im not gonna get into details, because Im tired of going trough this, but here is a nice post on the matter
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10949723
(I hope that a raging mob of darkcoin fanboys doesn't appear out of nowhere)
Just as jwitnerm said, Masternodes are totally against everything VTC stands for

As for the plans on "getting VTC moving"... there is this "Elasticity" feature coming up in the foreseeable future, but having in mind how elasticity really works, it will be more of a y0-y0 movement than anything else.
Other than that (example: advertizing, integration, publicity, communication, news, etc) - nope.
I've been out of crypto for a while.

I have a bunch of VTC and I was hoping that I could take a break from crypto and come back to find the value of my coins were up by quite a bit.

Anyway, I like the idea of merge mining with another project. Can we merge with Spread which uses their own version of x11, Spreadx11 (or something)?

I caught a retweet about their project and that sparked my interest again. They are building apps on master nodes that will run on the network. Maybe the two projects could build something together?

VTC with stealth addresses could build apps for open bazaar type markets within the wallet?

Seems unlikely that devs/community would be up for another hardfork just several months after the hardfork to Lyra2RE. Also, the whole masternodes thing kind of goes against the decentralization ethos which seems to be the at the core of vertcoin, imo.

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

I have a bunch of VTC and I was hoping that I could take a break from crypto and come back to find the value of my coins were up by quite a bit.

Anyway, I like the idea of merge mining with another project. Can we merge with Spread which uses their own version of x11, Spreadx11 (or something)?

I caught a retweet about their project and that sparked my interest again. They are building apps on master nodes that will run on the network. Maybe the two projects could build something together?

VTC with stealth addresses could build apps for open bazaar type markets within the wallet?

Seems unlikely that devs/community would be up for another hardfork just several months after the hardfork to Lyra2RE. Also, the whole masternodes thing kind of goes against the decentralization ethos which seems to be the at the core of vertcoin, imo.

Activity: 896
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
vertcoin is very cheap now. but, i am afraid, big wallets can dump it more
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Shine Like The Sun
I think Vertcoin should have a completely new look, it should be branded as cool cutting edge technology currency. I am willing to trade my graphic design skills for some help with mining and coding. The coin I am developing would need some technical assistance(DRM). PM me if u want to contribute - I will offer a reward ofcourse.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
This Vertcoin evergreen fresh breeze of renewal for Traders.... Smiley Shocked Smiley
Activity: 107
What do you guys think about the future of this coin?
Activity: 63
What ever happened to merge mining with that other Lyra2 coin ?

Merge mining is another crypto fad that seems to have run its course.

Like litecoin and doge coin ?

Litecoin miners are not going to turn down free Doge coins.
Activity: 27

Like litecoin and doge coin ?
legendary
Activity: 1090

Activity: 27
Everyone knows the perfect scenario is to buy when price is low... then sit back and cash out when you see the price high.

Vertcoin is a good coin and at this price I would be a fool not to buy some to hold onto.

This coin is an oldie but goodie!   Smiley Smiley

Activity: 464
Merit: 250
Wasssssup!
Everyone knows the perfect scenario is to buy when price is low... then sit back and cash out when you see the price high.

Vertcoin is a good coin and at this price I would be a fool not to buy some to hold onto.

This coin is an oldie but goodie!   Smiley Smiley
Activity: 71
Diff: 139.325 | Nethash: 3.9432 GH/s
what will happen next?

This 2X net hashrate rise in March looks nice!
Jump to: