Pages:
Author

Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB - page 24. (Read 21486 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I would say that even if it were carved with a laser with an initial imprint then it would not be the scam that this is being made out to be. 

Perhaps not... but WC sabotaged himself and
create a scandal by fervently denying it was
anything but "hand carved"... and that's when
everyone pounced on him and called BS.

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347
You obviously do not think it is possible to carve that kind of detail without having some kind of reference do you? I would say that burning a sketch of what he is to carve into the wood would not take away from the fact that he was hand carving his pieces.

Reference is one thing as I assume would be done via carbon paper.

Smoothie made the point earlier here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10252734
...that this was likely not done by carbon paper,
but appears to have some depth to it.  

Take a look at the image Smoothie attached.  You can see that
it's already been carved up to the edge.  Seems to me that all WC is really
doing is removing more wood that surrounds the pre-made groove... with
some kind of tool.

Do you really consider that "hand carving" ?

To be honest, I have no idea. I really do not know that much about wood to say one way or another. I would say that even if it were carved with a laser with an initial imprint then it would not be the scam that this is being made out to be. Without being able to touch the piece I really cannot even say with certainty if the piece is carved or is just burned as of the picture that smoothie attached.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
So where is his pivot hole? I can't see one.

But that's besides the point, all indications are the "fuck you nubbins" piece was done using a cnc router.
The letters are flawless, along with the middle finger, and using a palm router you aren't gonna do that.  Besides it makes no sense to do this kind of work by hand if you have access to cnc equipment, (which has been pretty much established at this point).
What remains is what it appears to be some guy exploiting his fablab membership to sell make believe handicraft works.

Pivot hole? Are you really that inept?

There are about a dozen ways to do the same thing when you cannot leave a hole behind. My personal favorite is by gluing a pin to the center with some wood glue. Takes about 4 hours to dry, and once the circles are done, you can knock it off with a hammer, and 5 seconds with a power sander will remove the glue marks.

You guys are seriously pathetic and way far out on a very shaky limb with all this shit.

The letters are flawless? No shit Sherlock, how hard is it to trace over a line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNcojZRQK7w

Takes me 10 seconds on youtube to make you look like an idiot. How much more time to do you want to invest on sealing your fate?

It is better to be thought an idiot and remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubts.  You and your MOB are going down in a ball of smoke and flames, might want to think about your actions for a minute before its too late and you lose all credibility you ever had in this place.

Wait there is more:

The Finger has lines in it which get thinner towards the ends. It's easy to accomplish that with a cnc router if the depth of the toolhead becomes more shallow towards the end of the line.
Using a hand router you are milling at constant depth.

I don't know much about wood handiworks but enough about cnc machining to recognize the products.
legendary
You obviously do not think it is possible to carve that kind of detail without having some kind of reference do you? I would say that burning a sketch of what he is to carve into the wood would not take away from the fact that he was hand carving his pieces.

Reference is one thing as I assume would be done via carbon paper.

Smoothie made the point earlier here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10252734
...that this was likely not done by carbon paper,
but appears to have some depth to it.  

Take a look at the image Smoothie attached.  You can see that
it's already been carved up to the edge.  Seems to me that all WC is really
doing is removing more wood that surrounds the pre-made groove... with
some kind of tool.

Do you really consider that "hand carving" ?

BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe

But that's besides the point, all indications are the "fuck you nubbins" piece was done using a cnc router.
The letters are flawless, along with the middle finger, and using a palm router you aren't gonna do that.  Besides it makes no sense to do this kind of work by hand if you have access to cnc equipment, (which has been pretty much established at this point).
What remains is what it appears to be some guy exploiting his fablab membership to sell make believe handicraft works.

There are about a dozen ways to do the same thing when you cannot leave a hole behind. My personal favorite is by gluing a pin to the center with some wood glue. Takes about 4 hours to dry, and once the circles are done, you can knock it off with a hammer, and 5 seconds with a power sander will remove the glue marks.

You guys are seriously pathetic and way far out on a very shaky limb with all this shit.

The letters are flawless? No shit Sherlock, how hard is it to trace over a line?

Takes me 10 seconds on youtube to make you look like an idiot. How much more time to do you want to invest on sealing your fate?

It is better to be thought an idiot and remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubts.  You and your MOB are going down in a ball of smoke and flames, might want to think about your actions for a minute before its too late and you lose all credibility you ever had in this place.

Based on the rants of Woodcollectors rants on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2t96w0/anybody_know_why_bitcointalk_is_down/cnwyhu2

SodaWarz writing style is the same as Woodcollector

SodaWarz is a Woodcollector SockPuppet
Activity: 62
Merit: 10

copper member
Read my question again please...key phase "in this video".

He may have done the design by hand (doubt it) but when video starts it is already there.

Do you disagree with that?

Wow.  You should be either a lawyer or a news reporter. You're good at manipulating questions just to get the answer you desire.

I'm not sure if that was meant in support or derision, but
I'll take it as a compliment, thank you.

It is not hard to ask the right questions
when you stick to the point.

What is the point? 

The point is that this video was supposed to prove
WoodCollector's skills in hand carving.

Since the wood is already engraved to large
degree at the start of the video, who in
their right mind would conclude that this
is a good proof of hand carving skills?

And why in the world is Tecshare asserting
that something was done by hand
that's NOT in the video?

legendary

He may have done the design by hand (doubt it) but when video starts it is already there.

Wow.  You should be either a lawyer or a news reporter. You're good at manipulating questions just to get the answer you desire.

I'm not sure if that was meant in support or derision, but
I'll take it as a compliment, thank you.

It is not hard to ask the right questions
when you stick to the point.

What is the point?  

The point is that this video was supposed to prove
WoodCollector's skills in hand carving.

Since the wood is already engraved to large
degree at the start of the video, who in
their right mind would conclude that this
is a good proof of hand carving skills?

And why in the world is Tecshare asserting
that something was done by hand
that's NOT in the video?
legendary
The initial design itself was applied with a HAND GUIDED router.

Goodness gracious. Next you are telling me he traced those outer circles with micron level precision.

100% he did, I WAS A PROFESSIONAL CARPENTER and cabinet maker AND AM WILLING TO BACK THAT STATEMENT UP. Its how i put myself through college.

This is what you get when a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who have never touched a power tool in their life decide they are experts on wood working

Want to see how he did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOEu77gavYk

Now shut up and stop proving everyone's point that you are all just on a never ending witch hunt with no basis for any of your claims.

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Goodness gracious. Next you are telling me he traced those outer circles with micron level precision.

100% he did, I WAS A PROFESSIONAL CARPENTER and cabinet maker AND AM WILLING TO BACK THAT STATEMENT UP. Its how i put myself through college.

This is what you get when a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who have never touched a power tool in their life decide they are experts on wood working

Want to see how he did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOEu77gavYk

Now shut up and stop proving everyone's point that you are all just on a never ending witch hunt with no basis for any of your claims.
legendary

This work can only be explained with this..

And a laser cnc device,......

True that.
A router (cnc or otherwise) wouldn't be able to mill at the same depth at the beveled edges. A laser on the other hand continues onwards if there is air in-between the workpiece and the lens.
copper member
To be honest, this only proves that you can do hand carving? It doesn't prove you actually did your pieces by hand instead of laser.

The font / details on this piece are huge, the laser accusations were regarding impossibly tiny, perfect serifs.

What evidence is there that he used a laser? None as far as anyone can tell, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon following Nubbins saying that he was lasering and didn't have the skill to hand carve but this short video clearly proves otherwise. So after seeing WC evidence these people above should be changing their feedback, Nubbins in particular who uses the word, 'confirmed' when this couldn't be further from the truth.

The evidence was in the post that I referenced (he made a post trying to troubleshoot issues with a laser).

I would say there is good evidence that he did create the art by hand, however it is not conclusive. I do have concerns about the fake reviews, however it is not 100% clear that they are fake, and as I mentioned before I somewhat suspect that a few of the "socks" are really trying to make it look like they are obvious sock puppets in order to make one party look bad (they are doing too poor of a job).
BG4
legendary
PaperSafe

This work can only be explained with this..

And a laser cnc device,......
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
Watching the video now... I don't see any lazer engravers.

We wouldn't want to have a debate based on facts now would we?

He applied those router lines BY HAND. Not by laser, Not by CNC, but with a HAND ROUTER.

Huh Huh Huh Sounds like speculation rather than fact.

Shill or moron. Probably not a good idea to trust either way. Negative feedback left.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

Wow.  You should be either a lawyer or a news reporter. You're good at manipulating questions just to get the answer you desire.
BG4
legendary
PaperSafe
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Tecshare,

Regardless of how the original design was applied, all he did in this video is trace around pre-engraved lines.

Do you disagree?

I do disagree. He applied those router lines BY HAND. Not by laser, Not by CNC, but with a HAND ROUTER. The fact that he "traced" lines is irrelevant, because any artist with sufficiently detailed work almost always applies their design down first to work around. How are the proper proportions and details supposed to be applied otherwise? Just by memory and his alien like ability to apply designs on wood without any guide?

What is NOT irrelevant however, is the fact that NO LASER WAS USED, as this was the entire premise to begin with. the fact that these retards are now claiming he made this video as some kind of fakerry is BEYOND PATHETIC, is completely devoid of logic, and just a result of the inability to admit they were wrong.

That video took almost 2 days to upload... if he had edited it you would all be screaming about him doing things off camera. He said he had more videos and will post them. Nothing I have seen him say is in any way suspicious to me, because I am not completely ignorant as to what goes into the craft of woodworking. I can guarantee however that pretty much everyone here attacking him is though. It is easy to argue from a position of ignorance, because you don't know enough about the situation to have any clue of what is going on!
legendary
Tecshare,

Regardless of how the original design was applied, all he did in this video is trace around pre-engraved lines.

Do you disagree?
Pages:
Jump to: