Pages:
Author

Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB - page 26. (Read 21514 times)

qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Using a Dremel (and BTW burning the surface of the wood because you didn't even get the speed right), clearly shows that you don't know how to cut shapes into wood.
Power carving tools?
Those power carving tools are not what he used in the video.
The Dremel has a spinning head. Power carvers have a reciprocating head.
See the tooltips in the picture, they don't look anything like Dremel tooltips:

Using a Dremel is not the same as Hand Carving.
The methods are completely different (I lack the English vocabulary for the differences, sorry), one produces flakes, the other produces dust. Also, the outcome of the surface is completely different, with the Dremel producing a (microscopically) "torn" surface, carving producing an "intact" one. The Dremel will also change the wood and close tiny pores in the surface, carving won't. Unfortunately, I really can't explain this very well in English, but both methods are definitely not considered anywhere near equal.
That doesn't mean that one is necessarily superior to the other (although carving is definitely considered more challenging and much more time consuming).
They're just not the same and a professional wood worker would know the difference and never, ever claim to be carving when he's in fact doing a milling job.
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWkY9hyMhs

Does woodcollector have one of these tools......
BG4
legendary
PaperSafe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhGHK_8Zc8

This is how you carve with a dremel... look at the fine tip ,  and not a dremel drum sanding attachment......
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
Watching the video, I've come to the conclusion that you, WoodCollector, have probably no experience with carving whatsoever.
carve: to produce (a work) by cutting, or to cut (a material) into a finished work.
Using a Dremel (and BTW burning the surface of the wood because you didn't even get the speed right), clearly shows that you don't know how to cut shapes into wood.

Here's a picture of carving tools:

Here's a picture of what you used:

The laser in the end was a funny little twist, though Wink

Power carving tools?
http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/Power-Carvers--Accessories/departments/256/
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
lol, this is fcking good art! Cheesy
BG4
legendary
PaperSafe
So tell me...this (the "B", "I", "N", and the outer two circles?) is due to carbon paper?

I like the fact, that in the picture, you can clearly see the B , I ,N and the 2 rings have a shadow as if they were recessed into the wood...
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Watching the video, I've come to the conclusion that you, WoodCollector, have probably no experience with carving whatsoever.
carve: to produce (a work) by cutting, or to cut (a material) into a finished work.

Here's a picture of carving tools:

Here's a picture of what you used:

The laser in the end was a funny little twist, though Wink
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
that video shows nothing..... i can probably do a similar quality job and i have zero experience and engraving wood. The N that took you 1hr to do does not even look well finished................. why not put in more effort?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
Finally  the video ! Now let me watch it ...  Thanks WoodCollector .

EDIT ---

Was this necessary    ?

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
So tell me...this (the "B", "I", "N", and the outer two circles?) is due to carbon paper?

legendary
any chance to watch the video without downloading it?

whenever I click, it download the video automatically
Google Chrome plays it in the browser

i havent see the video yet , so i dunno about this stencil thing

and english isnt my native language so if i assume stencil is a mark of picture like sort of outline, couldnt he do it with carbon paper?

Yes a stencil is an outline transferred to the wood. Nubbins believes WC used a laser, I've been arguing it could have been several other methods (carbon paper is another one).
legendary
Activity: 1064
any chance to watch the video without downloading it?

whenever I click, it download the video automatically

i havent see the video yet , so i dunno about this stencil thing

and english isnt my native language so if i assume stencil is a mark of picture like sort of outline, couldnt he do it with carbon paper?
legendary
nubbins english isnt native language for some people, that neutral trust isnt really necessary i guess
+1. Left him a negative rating for leaving inaccurate negative ratings.
Hey we got TF in on the WC saga Cheesy
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
nubbins english isnt native language for some people, that neutral trust isnt really necessary i guess
+1. Left him a negative rating for leaving inaccurate negative ratings.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Ok, so he didn't use a laser

What?  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Negative feedback left for being actually unable to parse English text, PM me in a couple of weeks to remove

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
I'm really looking forward to this downloading. I'd been reading these threads for a while and assumed if a video ever came it'd prove his ability. If it's just a video of doing basic stuff what's the point in even posting it?
legendary

Negative feedback left for being actually unable to parse English text, PM me in a couple of weeks to remove
I believe that is referred to as Neutral feedback and not negative.
legendary
Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nubbins-is-using-a-witch-hunt-to-try-and-iliminate-his-competition-the-facts-932131

quotes by WC saying he doesn't have a laser

Ok, so he didn't use a laser, how about a stencil film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv5XgfqIznw

Edit: this method specifically may be unlikely due to lack of a visible film but similar techniques exist that transfer the ink to the wood
I had the wrong terminology, Transfer film would be more likely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJx86ZxK5A
And DIY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9DeYvb24Y
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

Pages:
Jump to: