Pages:
Author

Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB - page 27. (Read 21514 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
At the beginning of the video when he removes the paper version of the design the wood is already marked with the design.

Why not show us how this was done?

Was it a laser that did that stencil?

Sure looks like it. Honest question.

I don't know how he got the stencil, but does that matter?

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question the matter is whether he carves or lasers the piece overall.

Are you kidding?

LOL

That is precisely what is under question. The fact that he uses a laser if at all.

He claims he never uses nor ever used a laser for his work(s).

So if he lasers the stencil, that is in clear violation of his own claim.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nubbins-is-using-a-witch-hunt-to-try-and-iliminate-his-competition-the-facts-932131

quotes by WC saying he doesn't have a laser

Ok, so he didn't use a laser, how about a stencil film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv5XgfqIznw

Edit: this method specifically may be unlikely due to lack of a visible film but similar techniques exist that transfer the ink to the wood
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nubbins-is-using-a-witch-hunt-to-try-and-iliminate-his-competition-the-facts-932131

3: All this crap that i own a laser machine

100% false. As i have stated before i dont need to spend $80,000 to transfer a design to wood. A sheet of carbon transfer paper costs me about $0.05. Once the final design is approved it takes about 5 minutes for me to turn the scanned design into a line drawing, then it is nothing more than printing it out and tracing it with carbon paper onto the wood. Then all thats left is to remove the wood around the lines. If that makes me a fraud then about every artist in the world is a fraud even before the days of technology and carbon paper artists use to use pot ash to transfer their sketches to canvas before starting work on the final piece.

Long and the short of it, if you were working with pine or super soft wood, most any of you could be taught to do the same thing in less than a day. the skill comes in when working with hardwoods, hardwood grain tears easy, it will splinter in a heartbeat if you are not careful, and its a quick way to cut off a finger if you dont know what your doing. When you know what your doing, how hard to you think it really is to cut within the lines? i think they teach you that in grade school yeah?

To lay out a little common sense for you, IF I OWNED A LASER I COULD SHIT OUT 10 COINS IN AN AFTERNOON, collect $50,000 and still have time to go to Disneyland. Yet it takes sometimes an entire month to clear out the wood around the design. But the mob mentality does not use common sense or simple logic.

I didnt use a laser as accused
legendary
At the beginning of the video when he removes the paper version of the design the wood is already marked with the design.

I don't know how he got the stencil, but does that matter?

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question the matter is whether he carves or lasers the piece overall.
legendary
legendary
How did he start with those lines? And why are they brown? Looks burnt... Like a laser cutter...

How, indeed, did he start with those lines?

Why, indeed, are they brown?

What, pray tell, is everyone smoking?

Yup why werent we shown how the "stencil" was put on the wood?

hmmm...  Roll Eyes

He carved the stencil with his special tools that we're not allowed to see!
legendary
How did he start with those lines? And why are they brown? Looks burnt... Like a laser cutter...

Yup why werent we shown how the "stencil" was put on the wood?

hmmm...  Roll Eyes
legendary

legendary

legendary
To be honest, this only proves that you can do hand carving? It doesn't prove you actually did your pieces by hand instead of laser.

The font / details on this piece are huge, the laser accusations were regarding impossibly tiny, perfect serifs.

What evidence is there that he used a laser? None as far as anyone can tell, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon following Nubbins saying that he was lasering and didn't have the skill to hand carve but this short video clearly proves otherwise. So after seeing WC evidence these people above should be changing their feedback, Nubbins in particular who uses the word, 'confirmed' when this couldn't be further from the truth.

Nubbins could mean that he is a scammer for keeping LazerViking's deposit money on the premise that he supposedly never implied or said he created original/custom artwork.

Also he is supposedly a liar because of that misrepresentation of doing original/custom work.

He has not disproved the claims about using a laser. The level of detail on this piece pale in comparison to that of his other wooden "coins".
legendary
@WoodCollector,

I had hoped to see much more tiny detail that resembles your previously touted work that you sold to previous customers.

The level of detail on this does not even compare to any and all of the wood "coins" you've done.

Would have liked to have seen you hand carve in the small details that were the talk revolving around using a laser.

Are you going to do a much more fine detailed piece? Why do such a huge product when you could do a small (1/4th or 1/8th the size of the "finger") version that has intricate detail and shut us all up?

This isn't about you attacking or getting retribution on nubbins. Your focus is off and should be on proving all of your detractors wrong.

Let's assume WoodCollector that your skills are as you say, it does not remove the fact that I have found several places where you posted on this forum where you strongly imply that you create original/custom designs for your customers based on their input. But that has been proven to be a lie as you yourself say that you use clip art and pre done designs downloaded/copied off of the internet.

LazerViking sent you a $200 deposit on this premise that you set over the past several months on this forum.

This makes you a thief/liar in that respect. Why not just refund him his money if you supposedly make so much more money on your other client's products?

Seems contradicting to keep $200 and have people know you as a thief.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a more intricate detailed piece that is hand carved via a video.

Let's be real you could have responded to your detractors in a much more professional manner and left the cussing and childish behavior aside. But you didn't and that does reflect badly on your image. Of course you supposedly do not care about your reputation or forum rep/trust...yet it is one of the main reasons you targeted nubbins in the first place (him leaving neg trust).
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
To be honest, this only proves that you can do hand carving? It doesn't prove you actually did your pieces by hand instead of laser.

The font / details on this piece are huge, the laser accusations were regarding impossibly tiny, perfect serifs.

What evidence is there that he used a laser? None as far as anyone can tell, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon following Nubbins saying that he was lasering and didn't have the skill to hand carve but this short video clearly proves otherwise. So after seeing WC evidence these people above should be changing their feedback, Nubbins in particular who uses the word, 'confirmed' when this couldn't be further from the truth.

legendary

Why is the design already etched into the wood at the start of the video? You just dremelled a bit of wood out from around your quarter-inch-thick lasered buffer lines.

Why am I even saying any of this? Amazing video, you've shown us all exactly the kind of work you do.

Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

legendary
Currently buffering, hope this is glorious.

I'm not going to comment saying I never doubted you but I did go against the hive mind and remained open to either possibility Wink

This whole experience shows just where Blazedout419/WC's inspiration came from with the hive mind theme on the large B
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
looks like it's going to take quite a while to download...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I never doubted you. I always had slight concerns over things, but never doubted you. Great job. Hope everyone removes their rep.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
I never doubted you for a second mate, awesome job, that was a great watch. Were you serious about doing an instructional video series for forum members if they were interested? If so sign me up, i had a ton of fun watching your stream and this video and think i would like to get into carving myself.

You defiantly have some serious apologies owed to you, will be interesting to see if they man up and give them to you.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
I am also watching the video now and what is very clear, as I never doubted is that Woodcollector does his work by hand. The mob who said he had been using a laser should be ashamed.

I will be interested to see what new accusations Nubbins and co come up with after seeing Woodcollectors evidence.

Disclosure: I have been a customer of WC, he made me the Unity Piece and is currently working on a second coin. We are also discussing a 3rd piece for my wedding anniversary - I trust WC and his work and service has been outstanding thus far.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Watching the video now... I don't see any lazer engravers. Perhaps Wood collector did some advanced 3D video effects to digitally place his hands above the work surface to make it look like he actually carved it by hand? Maybe Sasquatch helped. I am interested to see what kind of straws Nubbins grasps for here after the video has been posted and clearly demonstrates he does his work by hand.  If you guys had half a brain you would be ashamed of yourselves right now.

BTW I have that slice of shit sandwich for everyone who joined in the mob attack. Don't worry there is enough for everybody.

Pages:
Jump to: