Pages:
Author

Topic: ✪✪✪ VIRTUAL COIN ✪✪✪ | P2P VIRTUAL MONEY | VC | X11 | ReLaunch: Date Feb 2017 ✪✪ - page 72. (Read 192532 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 515
To those talking about the forking with Darkcoin let's get some facts straight. YES there was forking issues recently, not due the same issues as Virtualcoin is having so the dev is providing false info there. The Darkcoin forks were due to Masternodes creating different forks. Since virtualcoin doesn't have masternodes then the same cannot be applied

there is a mandatory DRK wallet update to resolve the intermittent forks on the network.
so yes, I think once Dark Coin update the code, will try to implement that on VC as well.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
So, this coin is dead? I mean, the update still hasn't come out and no one has talked on here in days.
we all waiting for dev  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
So, this coin is dead? I mean, the update still hasn't come out and no one has talked on here in days.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Yesss! diff is 2.5! doubled in 24 hours. Lets hope it keeps to this pattern. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Virtual coin has a great chance of making it big due to it's name and specs.  Dev just needs to make sure the fix is a permanent solution. Then the marketing can start and hopefully it gets listed on bittrex and poloniex. 
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Nice to see dev and community still active.  VC has a good chance at making it if the interest keeps going on.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Diff is rising. VERY slowly but it is rising. I hope to see it on 100 soon, lol.
Any news ?

Still working, some more time. Don't worry you will not loose any coins (as long as they are mined using Windows wallet).
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Expect update soon, but it is safe to Mine using Windows wallet. Please do not use Linux based pool or wallet as they tend to fork.

in case someone wants to mine & have more than 1 PC, all they need would be add these before shortcut to wallet exe file.

Example:
virtualcoin.exe -server -port=2095 -rpcport=20950 -rpcallowip=192.168.0.*

in this 192.168.0.* is your home network. You will need to change to your own, easy way would be get IP address of your PC & then replace last digits after . to *

legendary
Can someone explain why at some time in my wallet appear excavated 16 VC ?   
 I like that   Cool

You are solomining with your CPU. It's probably saying gen=1 somewhere in your conf.

Since everyone has stopped mining this coin because it's likely to be rolled back to an earlier block, difficulty is very low now and CPU-mining has become possible.

Indeed, it was gen = 1. I did gene = 4 Wink
Wallet drew 160 pieces for 1 day on core i5 Haswell @ 4GHz on set gen = 1
I just want to update everyone, I am in the process of reworking the VC code.

Issue seems to be some Linux OS wallets causing forking. Linux is validating invalid hashes, while Windows wallet does detect & block such.

So I REQUEST everyone to solo mine or use Windows based pool. Once new code is released, will continue the right blockchain which is been used by your Windows Wallet. You will not loose your coin, if you have been solo mining or using Windows based pool.

PS: I still think their is an issue with X11 (Dark Coin) code.
spicelord, I can help verify it, if you upload debug.log file, I have been studying the code is details & feel one of the scrypt used by X11 maybe causing it, I don't think it is related to master node. Btw, we do have a master node.
Activity: 420
WTB  30k VC -> 0.3 BTC

only PM

Nice! They might be worth something after all.

Please fix the wallet problem, so we can continue mining!

Perhaps add a little bit of POS to encourage people to keep the nodes installed and online?
Activity: 414
 I like that   Cool

You are solomining with your CPU. It's probably saying gen=1 somewhere in your conf.

Since everyone has stopped mining this coin because it's likely to be rolled back to an earlier block, difficulty is very low now and CPU-mining has become possible.
legendary
 I like that   Cool
Activity: 252
To those talking about the forking with Darkcoin let's get some facts straight. YES there was forking issues recently, not due the same issues as Virtualcoin is having so the dev is providing false info there. The Darkcoin forks were due to Masternodes creating different forks. Since virtualcoin doesn't have masternodes then the same cannot be applied
Activity: 280
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
I'm almost done making my own (crappy) fork of Blackcoin called VirtueCoin, inspired by this coin.
POW lasts until block 10000 = 7 days.
Block reward=50 VIC
Only 500,000 pow coins and stake at 1% per year
Algo: Scrypt (because I can't the bothered changing code to X11 because I don't know how to unless I fork a different coin)
Possible premine of 0.25% but probably not.

Should release tomorrow if I can get the merkel hash to print out into the testnet debug.log.

I would personally suggest you spending time on fix this one instead of adding another coin, their  are already 1000s of them out their. But it is your choice.

I will migrate over to latest version of DarkCoin, if thier is no issue with forking with that code it should work & we should not loose any coin.
I'm almost done making my own (crappy) fork of Blackcoin called VirtueCoin, inspired by this coin.
POW lasts until block 10000 = 7 days.
Block reward=50 VIC
Only 500,000 pow coins and stake at 1% per year
Algo: Scrypt (because I can't the bothered changing code to X11 because I don't know how to unless I fork a different coin)
Possible premine of 0.25% but probably not.

Should release tomorrow if I can get the merkel hash to print out into the testnet debug.log.

yes, but why are you posting this here? Make your own announcement thread, this is about VirtualCoin!
Pages:
Jump to: