Pages:
Author

Topic: ✪✪✪ VIRTUAL COIN ✪✪✪ | P2P VIRTUAL MONEY | VC | X11 | ReLaunch: Date Feb 2017 ✪✪ - page 73. (Read 192532 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I'm almost done making my own (crappy) fork of Blackcoin called VirtueCoin, inspired by this coin.
POW lasts until block 10000 = 7 days.
Block reward=50 VIC
Only 500,000 pow coins and stake at 1% per year
Algo: Scrypt (because I can't the bothered changing code to X11 because I don't know how to unless I fork a different coin)
Possible premine of 0.25% but probably not.

Should release tomorrow if I can get the merkel hash to print out into the testnet debug.log.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Guys, I know we all lost coins, I myself lost coins during mining.

I just reviewed, in fact Dark Coin is also facing the same issue...
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/blob/master/src/checkpoints.cpp

they have been quietly releasing updates  "Evan Duffield 18 days ago - checkpoint to fix fork issue "

To give you an idea of the conversations I am getting off this forum from folks:

"Well he seems to think that DRK is broke as well... which I dont buy for a second... I mined that shit when it launched and I mined the SHIT out of it and there were never any forks... unless this is something new(ish) to the drk source I'm calling bullshit."

So Dev are we talking the newer code, from when the hard fork was initiated to introduce darksend or what? It seems that your above comment was not well received by members of this community, please elaborate further when calling others work out as shite/broken as it seems folk do not see you as being accurate.

+1. I have never lost a single DRK. 
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

they have been quietly releasing updates  "Evan Duffield 18 days ago - checkpoint to fix fork issue "

To give you an idea of the conversations I am getting off this forum from folks:

"Well he seems to think that DRK is broke as well... which I dont buy for a second... I mined that shit when it launched and I mined the SHIT out of it and there were never any forks... unless this is something new(ish) to the drk source I'm calling bullshit."

So Dev are we talking the newer code, from when the hard fork was initiated to introduce darksend or what? It seems that your above comment was not well received by members of this community, please elaborate further when calling others work out as shite/broken as it seems folk do not see you as being accurate.
Activity: 882
Merit: 515

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Guys, I'm 14 and I'm going to try to make a blackcoin fork called VirtueCoin (if I actually can). Just for fun.
I want to make it like this coin (3 million total coins)
It's POS
How long should POW last?
What should block reward be?

Last night I put Debian on my computer (in virtualbox) so that I could do some GitHub stuff and thought I was all right until I did a sudo command. I put in the password and my user "was not a sudoer" so now I have to reinstall everything without a sudo password.
I have lost similar amounts to Greg, not worth crying over, just get it fixed so it wont happen again.
legendary
I may be able to rewrite the code & prevent starting from fresh. However, keep in mind, it will start from ~27900 where it split with some pools. so any coins after that will not be counted. Just use caution if mining, wait for an updated code.

This isn't good.  So I've been mining for the past 1 1/2 days for nothing?  Since launch, I've lost over a thousand VCs due to pool and fork issues.    Sad

I lost ~ 13,000 VC    Angry
I lost 72 000 on the old version. Should have sold it to a guy offering to buy 9000 for 1 BTC.

That sucks, yeah you should of sold them.  Old version had way more coins though right? Like 100million or something? So gregofdoom still holds the record for most losses, percentage wise. 
legendary
I may be able to rewrite the code & prevent starting from fresh. However, keep in mind, it will start from ~27900 where it split with some pools. so any coins after that will not be counted. Just use caution if mining, wait for an updated code.

This isn't good.  So I've been mining for the past 1 1/2 days for nothing?  Since launch, I've lost over a thousand VCs due to pool and fork issues.    Sad

OUCH! Sorry man.  Hopefully you've moved onto something else.  I won't be mining VC again until everything is working perfect and it's on at least Bittrex.  This coin has potential but has just way too many hiccups.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

I lost 72 000 on the old version. Should have sold it to a guy offering to buy 9000 for 1 BTC.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

We've all lost a lot. The important thing is to get it working right so it can have a future.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Don't switch to x13, I don't think anyone would like to lose their mined coins.

There is no such option, I do not want to lose my coins.  Angry
It was originally forked from DarkCoin.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Don't switch to x13, I don't think anyone would like to lose their mined coins.
Sooo VC was forked from what code originally?
Has the dev looked into the old/new code to see what is different?
Dev's instant solution is to fork to an even less known/proven algo, and this will help how?
At worst we can't take a proven to work X11 wallet (eg: DRK) and make it our own then?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Pages:
Jump to: