Pages:
Author

Topic: VOD should be removed from default trust for systematic abuse of his position - page 23. (Read 55257 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I agree with the OP . Vod is here just for leaving negative trusts as far as I have observed . He takes action very rapidly . Ofcourse one negative trust is not going to affect a person having so mmuch positive trusts, but the fact is you have no right to spoil someones profile without a logical reason.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

If you would consider you helping me to prove I'm not an impostor by (a cited, uneditable) sig and do something positive for flawed the system (plausibly staff would remove it then since you are a respected member of the community), I'd appreciate it.

PM me if you would do that for me.

LaudaM is a respected person, but staff is not going to remove feedback from your account.  Their stated policy is that they don't get involved in such matters.  On my own account I have several feedbacks which are pure nonsense and there's nothing I can do about it.  A lot of members have nonsense feedback on their accounts.  The best you can do is try to get the person who left it to remove it,  barring that you can put your proof in a public place and link to it (as a reference, say, in a counter feedback on the person who left the nonsense).  Then anyone who sees what that person said about you will scroll down and see what you said about them and that you've posted proof that their claim isn't correct.

Good luck!

I got my Trust spammed with X-POOL links, because crackfoo is upset I asked him to stop spamming X-POOL links.

That'll teach me!   Grin
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
I like vod, leave him alone. He is a trusted member here and his word is solid.

If only he left people alone himself...
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
Woking as a binman sucks.
I like vod, leave him alone. He is a trusted member here and his word is solid.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

If you would consider you helping me to prove I'm not an impostor by (a cited, uneditable) sig and do something positive for flawed the system (plausibly staff would remove it then since you are a respected member of the community), I'd appreciate it.

LaudaM is a respected person, but staff is not going to remove feedback from your account.  Their stated policy is that they don't get involved in such matters.  On my own account I have several feedbacks which are pure nonsense and there's nothing I can do about it.  A lot of members have nonsense feedback on their accounts.  The best you can do is try to get the person who left it to remove it,  barring that you can put your proof in a public place and link to it (as a reference, say, in a counter feedback on the person who left the nonsense).  Then anyone who sees what that person said about you will scroll down and see what you said about them and that you've posted proof that their claim isn't correct.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information, I been here for 15 months and never picked up on that. I'll try to get the proof available.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

Good luck!
As I stated in the thread about luke-jr and his ranking, there is simply a dumb idea to have something as "default trust". Trust is not gravity or hydrogen, trust is human - and one of the most consistent characteristic of humanity is that individual change. Not only get older or more skinny or whatever, but a trusted person can/will - influenced of various factors - become untrusted.

Default trust should not only be removed from luke-jr and VOD, but the category should be dumped permanently.
Stop trying to start the 'default trust should be removed' discussion in the wrong threads. It was already concluded that the system is flawed, however until nothing better is presented it is staying.
Used to be a trusted and worth member of the Burst community. However, he died and his account was sold to an imposter. Probably not a big deal but be careful.
A little note found on your account by someone whom you left positive rating to. Interesting.

Sir, I will not bring that issue up again but feel obliged to comment on the note you cited even if it touches the system itself.

As you can see by these words, I am alive and doing well. In fact, that comment is just a proof how flawed the system is. I can prove by an old address that I'm not an impostor, but I simply haven't cared to do something about it as I thought people paid little to no respect to remarks like that.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
As I stated in the thread about luke-jr and his ranking, there is simply a dumb idea to have something as "default trust". Trust is not gravity or hydrogen, trust is human - and one of the most consistent characteristic of humanity is that individual change. Not only get older or more skinny or whatever, but a trusted person can/will - influenced of various factors - become untrusted.

Default trust should not only be removed from luke-jr and VOD, but the category should be dumped permanently.
Stop trying to start the 'default trust should be removed' discussion in the wrong threads. It was already concluded that the system is flawed, however until nothing better is presented it is staying.
Used to be a trusted and worth member of the Burst community. However, he died and his account was sold to an imposter. Probably not a big deal but be careful.
A little note found on your account by someone whom you left positive rating to. Interesting.

legendary
Well I can say Two legendary Members, helped me out in a dire situation, and they did it rationally without having to pursue using negative feedback as the first tool against potential scams.  TechShare and TomatoCage are good example of how top rank members should act.  I am not ready for that rank. Grin but I can watch and learn from them.

A newbie offers a message of peace!  TecShare and TomatoCage happily setting examples together for how people should act.  Imagine!
Activity: 616
Well I can say Two legendary Members, helped me out in a dire situation, and they did it rationally without having to pursue using negative feedback as the first tool against potential scams.  TechShare and TomatoCage are good example of how top rank members should act.  I am not ready for that rank. Grin but I can watch and learn from them.
Vod is the hero bitcointalk.org deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

This is to funny, but yeah I think I know what you mean.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
I actually miss Vod and his -ve feedbacks. there's a lot of newbie clowns (especially this guy) on the lending section that needs to be taught a lesson of no collateral no loan.   Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Hey people who bumped this thread in June, were you guys not aware of this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11485118

Vod has been long gone for more than 20 days.  I think you may just want to let this thread die now.  Good luck, everyone, moving along...

Unfortunately the damage he has done did not just leave with him... also he will be back (under a new name).

ok fine, but his new avatar better be licking a boob of some kind.
Techshare your right, the community protects people they do business with, I got scammed 95 dollars and the scammer did not get his negged removed by the people that left them and nor did anyone come to neg him because they probably are doing business with him.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever

Vod has been long gone for more than 20 days.  I think you may just want to let this thread die now.  Good luck, everyone, moving along...

Unfortunately the damage he has done did not just leave with him... also he will be back (under a new name).
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
Please remove VOD from the default trust list for repeated and gross violations of social order.

He still hasn't removed his lying, spiteful feedback from me.

VOD is a classic example of a confindence scammer. He just followed people around and negrated whoever everyone else was negrating. This got him some kind of rep. Then he turned asshole and started negrating people for little to no reason.

In my case he negrated me because of something someone else said who misunderstood what I wrote. Despite clearing up the situation the jerkoff negrated me post-facto for attempting to buy trust.

It's people like VOD who destroy the community and make things like the trust system useless.

It's people like you who prove just how much Vod is needed on this forum.
Note the bolded part of your statement, and now read why Vod gave you -ive

Hello!

I am willing to take your loan, with 100% collateral in pure BTC. If you want to use escrow it must be at your expense, otherwise you can hold the BTC yourself (lender's privilege).

The conditions of the loan are simple. First we will come to an agreement over the terms of your loan to me. Then we will set a date for full repayment plus interest. Once the interest is paid to you at the end of the loan period (within 48 hrs), you must give positive feedback (with a reference) for the full amount of the loan. Failure to give positive feedback will result in you breaking the terms of our contract and I will get to keep the money you lent me. If this is not possible for some reason you agree to receive a scammer tag until I am paid or positive feedback is left on my account for this loan.

Feel free to propose any interest rate and repayment period you like. I can't promise I will take every loan I am offered, obviously this is a buyer's market so to speak, and I will be deal hunting. I will review any and all fair offers. I prefer to discuss the terms in PM and then you can post a statement for the loan which we can use as a reference for establishing trust feedback.

Merry Christmas!

* Please note the  bolded parts from above quote also.

You were trying to buy trust, nothing more, nothing less, and there were no misunderstanding there, just your own words.
If my trust depth had more weigh, i would place negative to you also.

Vod is currently on vacation anyways, and will remain for quite some time (me jelly..) so it's at the least lame to flame him while he cant return to comment your statements.
Also, afaik OP and Vod resolved their issue, and Vod removed his -ive on op's account.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Vod is the hero bitcointalk.org deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
Please remove VOD from the default trust list for repeated and gross violations of social order.

He still hasn't removed his lying, spiteful feedback from me.

VOD is a classic example of a confindence scammer. He just followed people around and negrated whoever everyone else was negrating. This got him some kind of rep. Then he turned asshole and started negrating people for little to no reason.

In my case he negrated me because of something someone else said who misunderstood what I wrote. Despite clearing up the situation the jerkoff negrated me post-facto for attempting to buy trust.

It's people like VOD who destroy the community and make things like the trust system useless.

Emphasis mine.

So you go around building up confidence by paying for trust and you're complaining that someone else is making the trust system useless?
Pages:
Jump to: